Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,556 members, 7,895,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12116005 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5557) (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) (5563) ... (16448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Funny that the only young talent omitted by Rodgers is Iheanacho

Maybe he didn't have him in mind while coming grin
Haters

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 9:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:
Brendan Rodgers mentioned the young talents he is happy to work with at Leicester and he didn't mention Iheanacho

Barnes, Gray, Maddison, Chilwell and young Ndidi...

Huh TheGoodJoe undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Awoniyi with another goal...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

No vex, Whats ur discipline and Whats ur current GP like? Shebi u dey Eni Njoku abi u follow for dem Hill Top waga-Gees abi na Zik via Maracana? Are u the best in ur class and amongst ur peers? I just say make I ask oo?

I am not comparing myself to Iheanacho. I am not the one that the NFF spent millions of Nigerian taxpayers' money to train, nuture and sponsor from U-15 level to senior level. I am not the one that the NFF took to FIFA tournaments as an unknown rookie player and gave a platform to showcase his talents to the world. I am not the one that was taken to the largest football showpiece on earth despite my poor showings for my club in order to give me an unmerited chance to salvage my career.

I am not even half as privileged as Iheanacho, nor will I ever be. I have not enjoyed any of the support and sponsorship that the NFF gave to Iheanacho. I have no sponsor but myself, I have had to scrape and hustle to make ends meet and still pursue my academic endeavors just like millions of other Nigerian youths out there. So, there's no comparison between me and Iheanacho. I am not jealous of him, some people are just luckier than the others, but comparing me to him at this stage of my life will be like comparing yourself with Dangote's son. It's simply unfair.

Let the Nigerian government give me the same support it gave to Iheanacho, then we can compare achievements. grin

PS:
I am a bona fide Enite. I've been living here for three years now.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2019
Odion Ighalo was in Shanghai Shenhua's 4-nil home loss to Shanghai SIPG FC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
I like when I read people who share some ideologies of the game with me. I read this comment by a Leicester City fan and a point I made earlier was made.
yorkiefox:

Any striker needs five starts in a row to build confidence. The time to give him that was back in August with Vardy returning late from the World Cup.

We did not and we pay the price.

I am afraid that whilst Vardy has been so impressive, the club has become a graveyard for other strikers. None we have signed are hares off the shoulder like Vardy is. Yet we set up to play each week as if Vardy is there and the opposition have not learnt how to deal with the quick early ball over the top. As Vardy loses pace with age we will have start to play another way and then Iheanacho may step up to the plate. Or Hirst at Leveren or Ndukwu or a new signing may come in.
So now with Rodgers, Nacho will get to train and operate in a system that suits him. However, learning and understanding the system comes first. Then, Nacho needs five games in a row. I have no doubt he will light up the EPL.

Well as I said, interesting times ahead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
Chelsea loanee Ola Aina is set to complete his permanent transfer to Torino.

The Nigerian international has impressed at the Serie A club on loan.

Now it appears the 22-year-old will be joining Walter Mazzarri's side permanently.

The full back is signing for £8.7 million, per Goal.com.

Aina is one of many Chelsea players who typically go out on loan every season.

But the club is looking to trim its roster, meaning many of these players will be sold.

The list includes the likes of Tiemoue Bakayoko, Tomas Kalas, Mario Pasalic and Danilo Pantic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
Another goal for Awoniyi All of a sudden, he can't stop scoring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-ABqzaqAY

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2019
Taliban:

We all know he will come out with a pass not even a 3rd class as he spends too much time on nairaland and not study as he should. In fact he might end up driving keke marwa at this rate.

My prayer for him is that all I wrote will not happen to him. I also hope he stops wishing one of the successes of youth soccer in Nigeria ill luck.
Lol... someone nobody knows in his village...is berating a lad...who should be of same age with him but already a millionaire in all currencies....

someone who won Nigeria a gold medal at the under 17... a lad who has a golden boot in same category...

I doubt he will ever attain the status to clean nacho booth...

sometimes you know failed folks when you see one...they just can't stop wishing others failures....
I have learn to ignore him...over 4 years ago I was in the university... I doubt I will be so active on nairaland during academic session.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:14am On Mar 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I am not comparing myself to Iheanacho. I am not the one that the NFF spent millions of Nigerian taxpayers' money to train, nuture and sponsor from U-15 level to senior level. I am not the one that the NFF took to FIFA tournaments as an unknown rookie player and gave a platform to showcase his talents to the world. I am not the one that was taken to the largest football showpiece on earth despite my poor showings for my club in order to give me an unmerited chance to salvage my career.

I am not even half as privileged as Iheanacho, nor will I ever be. I have not enjoyed any of the support and sponsorship that the NFF gave to Iheanacho. I have no sponsor but myself, I have had to scrape and hustle to make ends meet and still pursue my academic endeavors just like millions of other Nigerian youths out there. So, there's no comparison between me and Iheanacho. I am not jealous of him, some people are just luckier than the others, but comparing me to him at this stage of my life will be like comparing yourself with Dangote's son. It's simply unfair.

Let the Nigerian government give me the same support it gave to Iheanacho, then we can compare achievements. grin

PS:

the nigeria government gave nacho such a a rare opportunity because they saw potentials in him, there was a glimpse of hope he shows...and surely he never disappoints...dude won a golden booth as an under 17 and spearhead the under 17 team to victory....

unfortunately your only potentials is to spend hours on nairaland berating a young man working hard to make way for himself...in Europe...
sometimes you criticise peeps with wisdom when it is too much it shows hatred...
yours currently hatred...

I don't want us to start talking down each other on this thread...I will stop here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:00am On Mar 02, 2019
Thomas Dennerby wants Sevilla striker, Antionette Oyedupe Payne to play for the Super Falxons in this summer WC but will her change of allegiance be ready before then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:44am On Mar 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

his pace isn't bad at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:51am On Mar 02, 2019
Danielnino00:
undecided the same source told you that Ini Umotong has been shut out of the super falcons abi

Thank you jare. Some people will just come here and be saying what they know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:49am On Mar 02, 2019
Taliban:

We all know he will come out with a pass not even a 3rd class as he spends too much time on nairaland and not study as he should. In fact he might end up driving keke marwa at this rate.

My prayer for him is that all I wrote will not happen to him. I also hope he stops wishing one of the successes of youth soccer in Nigeria ill luck.

I marvel at your level of ignorance. So because I'm in school I should not use social media again?. Maybe I should also stop bathing, brushing my teeth, sleeping, eating because they are all distractions from my studies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:07am On Mar 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I marvel at your level of ignorance. So because I'm in school I should not use social media again?. Maybe I should also stop bathing, brushing my teeth, sleeping, eating because they are all distractions from my studies.

If you enjoy being on social media, continue. Do what makes you feel happy, as long as you remain focused on your goals and work towards it everyday.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

I don't like the idea of Rohr shutting the door on players plying their trade in the Belgian league...

if players based in Israel could fetch invitee how much more players playing in Belgium

Taiwo and Oshimen deserve an invitation for the next dead rubber match....
they should be invited and gradually eased into the super eagles...

and for the under 20/23 the coaches should be allowed to go look for players...
sometimes...if you don't give room for others you won't know there abound talent players waiting for an opportunity to shine...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2019
Humility017:

Lol... someone nobody knows in his village...is berating a lad...who should be of same age with him but already a millionaire in all currencies....

someone who won Nigeria a gold medal at the under 17... a lad who has a golden boot in same category...

sometimes you know failed folks when you see one...they just can't stop wishing others failures....
I have learn to ignore him...over 4 years ago I was in the university... I doubt I will be so active on nairaland during academic session.
Kai humility baba u don pass this level na.

Pls leave haters and lovers of players alone and let us talk football.

I think we need to emulate thegoodjoe when it comes to response.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2019
Humility017:

I don't like the idea of Rohr shutting the door on players plying their trade in the Belgian league...

if players based in Israel could fetch invitee how much more players playing in Belgium

Taiwo and Oshimen deserve an invitation for the next dead rubber match....
they should be invited and gradually eased into the super eagles...

and for the under 20/23 the coaches should be allowed to go look for players...
sometimes...if you don't give room for others you won't know there abound talent players waiting for an opportunity to shine...
Agreed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2019
Kog45:
Kai humility baba u don pass this level na.

Pls leave haters and lovers of players alone and let us talk football.

I think we need to emulate thegoodjoe when it comes to response.

thanks Big Bro...
these guys where having their heyday criticising these lad as if their lives depend on it...
you talk small and rest... but when you keep attacking a particular player it makes nonsense.

I promise I won't talk any more on this...
good morning sir and happy weekend rest

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2019
I think the spotlight tomorrow falls on Ndidi because Brendan Rodgers hammered on the Leicester City team playing with a higher block. Which means that they will play with a very high line of defence. He also pointed out of the team playing with a higher tempo which means they will build from the back at a faster rate.

Rodgers said he is building the defence structure of Leicester City to suit his philosophy and said the players responded well in training.

I have a feeling this will bring an improvement in the play of Ndidi and we might see him flourish in it because I felt Puel's system was holding back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2019
Kog45:
Agreed
thanks sir...

I don't subscribe to oga icon4 school of thought that' believes taiwo and oshimen should be in the under23.
I believe our indigenous coaches are so lazy in scouting for players....if not rohr we won't have got some of this foreign born players...to play for us..
and now especially in England some of these players are ripe to be lured...into the super eagles...
I doubt if ejaria, bashiru, bernerts,onomah, those Chelsea young players on loan except Abraham T. will decline play for Nigeria...
especially the Chelsea lads.

we have excellent strikers there....
but our indigenous coaches are busy dragging old men from the npfl into the team.
If I was the under 23 coaches...I doubt I will use any npfl players...save for Lazarus and co...I know few years back were really 17
I will manage the NNL...the nationwide league and do extensive screening from all reputable academics nationwide, draft them in and lure some foreign born players abroad...and see how the under 23team will blossom... for now and the future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2019
Taliban:

Such a myopic conclusion undecided,y re we so emotional abt about odas ppu opinion here weda it makes sense or not undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2019
Humility017:

thanks sir...

I don't subscribe to oga icon4 school of thought that' believes taiwo and oshimen should be in the under23.
I believe our indigenous coaches are so lazy in scouting for players....if not rohr we won't have got some of this foreign born players...to play for us..
and now especially in England some of these players are ripe to be lured...into the super eagles...
I doubt if ejaria, bashiru, bernerts,onomah, those Chelsea young players on loan except Abraham T. will decline play for Nigeria...

but our indigenous coaches are busy dragging old men from the npfl into the team.
If I was the under 23 coaches...I doubt I will use any npfl players...save for Lazarus and co...I know few years back were really 17
I will manage the NNL...the nationwide league and do extensive screening from all reputable academics nationwide, draft them in and lure some foreign born players abroad...and see how the under 23team will blossom... for now and the future.

Playing for the U23 does not mean they cannot play for the SE. Please get that right.

The U23 is not a talent hunting grade level. Your U23 team should be for young players who have broken into the Senior team and also those that are at the verge of breaking in. We need all available players that fall within this age grade. Any player that is a senior national team material should have been making waves at age 21-23. If an unknown player breaks in fine but ignoring our established young players is a no no. Osimhen, Awoniyi and Odey should lead our U23 attack if they are available. If any other player breaks in fine. If the players are U23 please invite them.

My ideal U23 team should also have Samuel Kalu, Henry Onyekuru, Franscis Uzoho, Chidozie Awaziem and Samuel Chukwueze. We need established players in the team for the team to excel, also giving opportunity for others to ride on to also get noticed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2019
Humility017:

thanks sir...

Haha, u want to ignore the NPFL and go for NNL and academy players for an an U23 qualfiers. U will crash out with ur first game and that opportunity to hunt for any talents goes. The coach loses his job and his coaching career suffers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2019
Icon4s:

It is most likely that u didn't watch Super Falcons of the late 90s to 2000s era play.

The only player on that your list that stands a chance is Azizat Oshoala I may also add Onome Ebi.

I must tell u the quality of players has dropped. Then were the days when as the Super Falcons were exchanging passes and initing attacks the crowd would be cheering ceaslesly.

Do u know that in 2003 Nigeria presented 2 Super Falcons teams? One went to the All African Games and won Gold while the other went to the World Women's Championship.

Can u split this current team that way? They even in their full strength could not win the last AAG. They didn't even qualify for the last Olympics.

If you are opportuned please watch some of the games of the Falcons of the old. We should not even be arguing this.

Oga the game has changed, teams are improving. Those past teams would have a hard time in the last AWCON if they had the same coach. We didn't qualify for the Olympics but that is what happens when u sack a coach and the players are not happy. Are u forgetting that even Oshoala didn't show up for the qualifiers?

Forget ur 2 team theory. Give me Edwin Okon and Rivers United and they will go to the AWCON and bring back that trophy. Don't go there because our league is jam packed with talented ladies who have not been given a chance by that bum of a coach. Our major problem is that the NFF know nothing about women football and they for the most part leave the team in the worst hands.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

The way he was able to run over that defender is class
He has grown and he's certainly learning the ropes
I'd love to see him against Seychelles
At least he could sub either Success or Osimhen..... Let's see him again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2019
Humility017:

So because Buhari is richer than all of us we should not criticise him? See drop this narrative it is annoying. He is representing Nigeria, that gives us the right to criticise him because if he loses Iheanacho did not lose, Nigeria lost. I don't know him, I don't know what he will become and sometimes I believe he takes it too far with his criticism of Iheanacho like I have already told him at least three times but saying that because he is of the same age with Iheanacho and hasn't achieved much compared to him then he should keep his mouth shut is not fair.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I think the spotlight tomorrow falls on Ndidi because Brendan Rodgers hammered on the Leicester City team playing with a higher block. Which means that they will play with a very high line of defence. He also pointed out of the team playing with a higher tempo which means they will build from the back at a faster rate.

Rodgers said he is building the defence structure of Leicester City to suit his philosophy and said the players responded well in training.

I have a feeling this will bring an improvement in the play of Ndidi and we might see him flourish in it because I felt Puel's system was holding back.

I think Leicester will play more on the counter tomorrow. This is Rodgers' first game, I doubt he will want them olayig a high line immediately

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oga the game has changed, teams are improving. Those past teams would have a hard time in the last AWCON if they had the same coach. We didn't qualify for the Olympics but that is what happens when u sack a coach and the players are not happy. Are u forgetting that even Oshoala didn't show up for the qualifiers?

Forget ur 2 team theory. Give me Edwin Okon and Rivers United and they will go to the AWCON and bring back that trophy. Don't go there because our league is jam packed with talented ladies who have not been given a chance by that bum of a coach. Our major problem is that the NFF know nothing about women football and they for the most part leave the team in the worst hands.

Simple and short. The problem here is Pinnick and his NFF-led board and how they have been handling the women's team, it has been absolutely appalling. Exactly why I wanted him to lose that seat then but OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

PS:

I guess any right thinking person would av decoded the crux of the matter, and the bone of contention from your post.... wehdone sa!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I like when I read people who share some ideologies of the game with me. I read this comment by a Leicester City fan and a point I made earlier was made.
yorkiefox:

Any striker needs five starts in a row to build confidence. The time to give him that was back in August with Vardy returning late from the World Cup.

We did not and we pay the price.

I am afraid that whilst Vardy has been so impressive, the club has become a graveyard for other strikers. None we have signed are hares off the shoulder like Vardy is. Yet we set up to play each week as if Vardy is there and the opposition have not learnt how to deal with the quick early ball over the top. As Vardy loses pace with age we will have start to play another way and then Iheanacho may step up to the plate. Or Hirst at Leveren or Ndukwu or a new signing may come in.
So now with Rodgers, Nacho will get to train and operate in a system that suits him. However, learning and understanding the system comes first. Then, Nacho needs five games in a row. I have no doubt he will light up the EPL.

Well as I said, interesting times ahead.

Now thats a fan thats objective and sensible enough not to be watching the back of his tv. He just spelt it all out just as it is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5557) (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) (5563) ... (16448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, JayromWrites, TheSuperNerd(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.