Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,946 members, 7,966,500 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12531272 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6182) (6183) (6184) (6185) (6186) (6187) (6188) ... (16741) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
bingbagbo:

Do you understand a preparatory match?

By the way, didn't south Africa beat Nigeria in Nigeria?

Didn't lowly Zimbabwe draw Nigeria in Nigeria?

You can't compare Namibia to Zimbabwe

Carry your L comot for here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Southampton are regarded as favourites to land Spezia striker David Okereke.

The young forward is a target for Sassuolo, though they're falling behind Saints in the race for his signature.

Okereke favours a move to England and Southampton are happy to outbid all rivals to convince Spezia to sell.

Saints will offer £15m to sign Okereke, with the offer far outstripping what Serie ASassuolo can put together.

Okereke, 21, moved to Italy from Nigeria.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-clear-fav

urites-to-land-spezia-striker-david-okereke-4284927#6Ir4GZ3vMTva6E07.99

15 million for a striker from Serie B who just had his breakout season? C'mon naaaa, sounds bogus.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I think you need to understand the point. In an offensive system, a forward with mobility and accurate finishing will register brilliant stats. That is a high quality performance. Take the player from that set up and put him in a defensive one, the quality of his performance will diminish. That is what you guys call losing form, meanwhile it is the system that caused the drop in quality.

Take Suarez performance under Brendan Rodgers and Enrique, you will see insane goal and assists stats. Put him in an ultra defensive set up and you will see his performance will not be up to scratch. It is simple logic. Nothing hard.

More chances created gives more goals.
Less chances created gives less goals.

Nacho is built to thrive on chances created. Shakespeare, Puel and Rohr (currently) did not create such atmosphere.

You can not say flop when he was not given a regular run of games.

Finito.

Sorry but I'll disagree CR7 scored an hat trick against Hungary(Euro 2016), against Switzerland (in the recent nations league) and against Spain (at the world cup) under the same conservative style.

Cavani and Suarez have continued to perform consistently under the same Conservative style. As a matter of fact Forlan was named the best player at the 2010 World cup playing under the same conservative style.

U claimed Rohr became a coward after the SA match but guess what we recorded bigger winning margins since then and in some of those games Iheanacho scored (against Cameroon and Argentina) up until he regressed and became poor so it still doesn't change the fact that Nacho has been poor!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
Olulong:

At least we didn't loose to Namibia

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
andrew444:

What do I expect from you ?

Not suprised

Komekn will be worst

Someone who was crucial to winning the Europa League. Dey dere dey deceive yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
Olulong:

Sorry but I'll disagree CR7 scored an hat trick against Hungary(Euro 2016), against Switzerland (in the recent nations league) and against Spain (at the world cup) under the same conservative style.

Cavani and Suarez have continued to perform consistently under the same Conservative style. As a matter of fact Forlan was named the best player at the 2010 World cup playing under the same conservative style.

U claimed Rohr became a coward after the SA match but guess what we recorded bigger winning margins since then and in some of those games Iheanacho scored (against Cameroon and Argentina) up until he regressed and became poor so it still doesn't change the fact that Nacho has been poor!!!

You are switching points. The Uruguayan team in 2010 was an offensive side. No way you can tag that team that had Suarez, Cavani and Forlan in attack as a negative side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
forgiveness:

Someone who was crucial to winning the Europa League. Dey dere dey deceive yourself.

Europa wey Chelsea no use big boys

Despite him scoring 4 goals he is not better than chuks

Odoi is an overrated player

I will rate him if he does well this coming season seems he will get more opportunity as hazard is leaving ,but I will not be suprised if he is under pulisic shadow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
Olulong:

Can you compare CR7's performances in the Champions league for Real Madrid, not one game but for the tournament and equate his performance to any of the negative set up by Portugal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2019
andrew444:

Europa wey Chelsea no use big boys

Despite him scoring 4 goals he is not better than chuks

Odoi is an overrated player

I will rate him if he does well this coming season seems he will get more opportunity as hazard is leaving ,but I will not be suprised if he is under pulisic shadow

That's why you should respect the boy. He helped Chelsea FC to win the Europa cup without the big boys according to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
forgiveness:

That's why you should respect the boy. He helped Chelsea FC to win the Europa cup without the big boys according to you.

Okay sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Chairman, the fact remains that he is not fully fit for this AFCON which is just a week away.

U said we should not rush him back meaning u are very aware that he has been out injured.

A player that only resumed training yesterday. And u know how physically tasking the African Game can be.

Well I have said my own.

It's called taking time. There was no need to rush him the AFCON didn't begin yesterday. If you know how tasking the African game is then you should also understand why Rohr wants Ighalo to take his time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
I’m asking about Abuja stadium
forgiveness:

The match was played in Port Harcourt. How many matches was played there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
It’s all a display of egos and power play. We need to always look at the big picture if this country will ever progress
forgiveness:

NFF should gain full autonomy before disrespecting their sponsor.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It's called taking time. There was no need to rush him the AFCON didn't begin yesterday. If you know how tasking the African game is then you should also understand why Rohr wants Ighalo to take his time.

The taking time is where the criticism lies. We should not be taking time in preparation for the AFCON but selecting a team of fit players. If one is unfit, he should have been dropped, not selected to be recuperated in camp in preparation for the AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The taking time is where the criticism lies. We should not be taking time in preparation for the AFCON but selecting a team of fit players. If one is unfit, he should have been dropped, not selected to be recuperated in camp in preparation for the AFCON.

You don't understand. If the tournament was today he would play but since it isn't the rest will do him good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

An unfit Ighalo is much better than Iheanacho

Guinea took Keita to the Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
Earthquake3:

Why must it be Iheanacho? What of Awoniyi or did God not create him too? Your comment there is laced with bias. Boss Icon4s is very right. It is wrong for us going with a crocked striker when we have sufficient replacements.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No agree oh. Why should they invite a half-fit Ighalo ahead of Iheanacho who by the way offers more in an attacking approach/offensive player. Rohr already decided who he wants to take to Egypt so Ighalo's injury didn't really concern him much. Isn't that so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You don't understand. If the tournament was today he would play but since it isn't the rest will do him good.

Had he recuperated in time to gain fitness? For a player injured before selection, he was selected based on preference, not quality in camp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Earthquake3:

I am not taking sides but I think the two cases are different. Guinea has nobody else, we can point at 3-5 other capable players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mickael2:

No agree oh. Why should they invite a half-fit Ighalo ahead of Iheanacho who by the way offers more in an attacking approach/offensive player. Rohr already decided who he wants to take to Egypt so Ighalo's injury didn't really concern him much. Isn't that so?

Iheanacho was already in camp. Ighalo's name was on the list when he was not fit. His place should have gone to another. Now we have to hope he is fit for the tournament which does not add up for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why must it be Iheanacho? What of Awoniyi or did God not create him too? Your comment there is laced with bias. Boss Icon4s is very right. It is wrong for us going with a crocked striker when we have sufficient replacements.

Ighalo is our best striker

He has recovered from injury but needs not to be rushed into matches

So if you're a coach, you'll leave your best striker in such circumstance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mickael2:

I am not taking sides but I think the two cases are different. Guinea has nobody else, we can point at 3-5 other capable players

As capable and experienced as Ighalo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
Earthquake3:

Ighalo is our best striker

He has recovered from injury but needs not to be rushed into matches

So if you're a coach, you'll leave your best striker in such circumstance?

The reason why he needs not to be rushed is because he is unfit.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
Joebie:
It’s all a display of egos and power play. We need to always look at the big picture if this country will ever progress

You mean ego on the presidency or NFF part?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The reason why he needs not to be rushed is because he is unfit.

Gerrit?

There is a difference between injured and match fit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
Earthquake3:

As capable and experienced as Ighalo?

No offence but 'Ighalo' and 'capable' should never be used in the same sentence. The same guy that choked against Argentina when it mattered? I can count the number of games that he performed well with my fingers and I would need just one hand for that.

And this is his first Afcon, where exactly is the experience talk coming from?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
Joebie:
I’m asking about Abuja stadium

If Abuja was better than Port Harcourt why play in Port Harcourt?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
Earthquake3:

There is a difference between injured and match fit

Unfit. If you rush him in, his fitness might deteriorate further.

So we are going with an unfit striker. Please, that is not match fitness.

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mickael2:

No offence but 'Ighalo' and 'capable' should never be used in the same sentence. The same guy that choked against Argentina when it mattered? I can count the number of games that he performed well with my fingers and I would need just one hand for that.

And this is his first Afcon, where exactly is the experience talk coming from?

The fact is his still our best striker and highest goal scorer for the AFCON qualifiers

Unless you want to dispute that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Unfit. If you rush him in, his fitness might worsen.

So we are going with an unfit striker. Please, that is not match fitness.

Gerrit?

I never said he was match fit, I said he's no longer injured

He may even regain match fitness before the first match, that will be decision of the coach and medical crew

(1) (2) (3) ... (6182) (6183) (6184) (6185) (6186) (6187) (6188) ... (16741) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), Philosopher1979, mekabuachi(f) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.