Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988716 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6744) (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2019
R2bees:
Official

Bravo.... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:03am On Aug 01, 2019
Odunayaw:
With the shenanigans displayed in CAFCL finals this year?

Well, to be honest not only Africa has been marginalized, see South America.

FIFA is all about European football.

Africans, Asians, South America's and Oceanians should form their own association equivalent to FIFA.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2019
Humility017:

yes nah.
wetin happen bro?

since Semidy list come out, ah no see you again

ah been con dey wonder weda you go do refresher course,

abi you follow gustav go do fastin ontop mountain ni?gringringrin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2019
Icon4s:

If we can get it right with players selection and availability, this crop of our U23s will definitely be a team to watch in the next Olympics. Just the thought of also having Samuel Kalu, Samuel Chukwueze, Henry Onyekuru and Victor Osimhen in the attack of this Dream Team makes you wonder how delightful it will be to watch them against other U23 teams. The Libya return leg was just a case in study grin
will their clubs release them to us? You know the Olympics isn't a FIFA sanctioned game, besides the U-23 nations cup doesn't fall on FIFA free dates so we'll have to use home based players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2019
R2bees:
Official

Who is ready to watch Ligue 1 full throttle with me this season? A New #7 is born in France. Lille is now added to the clubs I fan in the 2019/2020 season... grin

Victor James "The Menace" Osimhen!!! #7 Go do your thing kid!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:11am On Aug 01, 2019
Shook it in my veins this is the type of content I love to feel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2019
R2bees:
Official
I called it..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2019
Awaziem and Ozornwafor offer great hopes in CB. It is at fullbacks, we need to reinforce. Ebube Duru and co seem our options at fullbacks...

Meanwhile, Awaziem and Ozornwafor need able deputies too. Hope we can land Tomori Fikayo who can easily claim a starting shirt too.

Sportilitica:

Defence win titles, i am not sure about our defence

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2019
Icon4s:

If we can get it right with players selection and availability, this crop of our U23s will definitely be a team to watch in the next Olympics. Just the thought of also having Samuel Kalu, Samuel Chukwueze, Henry Onyekuru and Victor Osimhen in the attack of this Dream Team makes you wonder how delightful it will be to watch them against other U23 teams. The Libya return leg was just a case in study grin

Players form prior to the Olympics should determine players selections.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Who is ready to watch Ligue 1 full throttle with me this season? A New #7 is born in France. Lille is now added to the clubs I fan in the 2019/2020 season... grin

Victor James "The Menace" Osimhen!!! #7 Go do your thing kid!!!
They even gave him a squad number. From Belgium to UCL football. Awesome

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2019
Victor "The Super Striker" speaks

Victor Osimhen (#7 LOSC Lille):

"Lille is a very good club that leads a quality project and includes high class players.

"Great Nigerian players have also played here & would like follow their footsteps.

"I think that this project suits me perfectly to continue to progress."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33am On Aug 01, 2019
The New Era shaping up nicely: Nigeria and the Big Five Leagues

Super Eagles players and Nigerian SE Prospects/Youngsters in the Big Five Leagues:

1. La Liga (Spain)

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal CF)

Moses Simon Ajala (Levante CF)

Kenneth Omeruo (Likely to stay in La Liga with Leganes or another La Liga Side)

Emmanuel Apeh (Celta Vigo)

Ramon Azeez (Granada CF)

2. EPL (England)

Alexander Iwobi (Arsenal FC)

Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi (Leicester City FC)

Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City FC)

Leon Balogun (Brighton Hove and Albion)

Isaac Success (Watford FC)

Tom Dele Bashiru (Watford FC)

Nnamdi Ofoborh (Bournemouth FC)

**Tammy Abraham (Chelsea FC)

*Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea FC) - If he is not farmed out on loan again.

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

**Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig)

Jamilu Collins (Paderborn)

**Felix Uduohkai (VFL Wolfsburg)

Noah Sarenren Bazee (Augsburg)

Suleiman Abdullahi (Union Berlin)

**Keanan Bennett's (Borussia Mochengladbach)

4. Serie A (Italy)

William Troost Ekong (Udinese Calcio)

Ola Aina (FC Torino)

Bobby Adekanye (SS Lazio)

Kingsley Michael (FC Bologna)

***Memeh Caleb Okoli is still playing U-19 football for Atalanta predominantly but could make the step up soon.

5. Ligue 1 (France)

Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux)

Victor Osimhen (LOSC Lille)

Josh Maja (Bordeaux)

Who am I missing? List will be updated...

Note: ** not yet committed but possibility exists of them committing.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Super Eagles players and Nigerian SE Prospects/Youngsters in the Big Five Leagues:

1. La Liga (Spain)

Ramon Azeez (Granada CF)

2. EPL (England)

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

4. Serie A (Italy)

Ola Aina (FC Torino)

5. Ligue 1 (France)

Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux)

**Tomori (EPL)
** Bobby Adekanye (Lazio)
** Josh Maja (Bordeaux)
Noah Bazee (Augsburg)
Kingsley Michael (Bologna)
Sulieman Abdullahi (Union Berlin)
Anthony Ujah (Union Berlin)

Memeh Okoil (Atlanta u19 or main team)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2019
Good... Will repost.... but no way am I counting Anthony Ujah. He is not part of the New Era.

forgiveness:

**Tomori (EPL)
** Bobby Adekanye (Lazio)
** Josh Maja (Bordeaux)
Noah Bazee (Augsburg)
Kingsley Michael (Bologna)
Sulieman Abdullahi (Union Berlin)
Anthony Ujah (Union Berlin)

Memeh Okoil (Atlanta u19 or main team)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Good... Will repost.... but no way am I counting Anthony Ujah. He is not part of the New Era.

If he scores 16 goals in the bundesliga this season, do you think Rohr will ignore him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
But we both know he won't record such goal rush. The quality is just not there and he is not getting any younger.

forgiveness:

If he scores 16 goals in the bundesliga this season, do you think Rohr will ignore him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
But we both know he won't record such goal rush. The quality is just not there and he is not getting any younger.

He scored double digit goals in the bundesliga consistently for three good seasons until he left and came back from China.

He can.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
forgiveness:

FIFA is all about European football.

Africans, Asians, South America's and Oceanians should form their own association equivalent to FIFA.
When the other confederations are fuelling the idol European Football nko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
Let the season begin then. But I don't count him among the guys I wanna see in that CF dept. The Likes of Osimhen, Okereke, Awoniyi, Odey et al give me great hopes going forward and reasons to believe we have a wicked attack on the rise.

I will take an Nwakaeme before Ujah sef. But time will tell....

forgiveness:

He scored double digit goals in the bundesliga consistently until he left and came back from China.

He can.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

**Ademola Lookman RB LEIPZIG

**Keanan Bennetts GLADBACHS

Emmanuel Apeh Celta Vigo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
Imagine!!! I forgot Lookman! And Egbon Forgiveness come dey carry Ujah show me.... Bia Forgiveness, take ya time! Anyway I forgive you... grin

THANK YOU O JARE CHRIS... OMO DADA NI... wink

ChrisKels:

Emmanuel Apeh Celta Vigo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Imagine!!! I forgot Lookman! And Egbon Forgiveness come dey carry Ujah show me.... Bia Forgiveness, take ya time! Anyway I forgive you... grin

THANK YOU O JARE CHRIS... OMO DADA NI... wink

Delete Ujah's name, he is useless. He is another Ighalo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

Delete Ujah's name, he is useless. He is another Ighalo

Bia you sef dey find my trouble. Ighalo is better than Ujah abeg.... Take ya time too!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

You know Monaco has been having problems, they finished 17th last season

Maybe he doesn't want to join a sinking ship

Monaco have some injury problem and they have made some decent transfer

With a fit golovin ,experienced fabregas and some new signings like gelson martins they will be competing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

chaiii when i see him e no shock me at all at all e no shock

abi no be forgiveness again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
Odunayaw:
When the other confederations are fuelling the idol European Football nko

That's the major problem. Somebody must open somebody eyes. FIFA is all about European football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2019
R2bees:
Official

E no pass like this

Make e just give me 15 goals per season at worst ,before you know Epl big money move

Onyekuru please do the same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Let the season begin then. But I don't count him among the guys I wanna see in that CF dept. The Likes of Osimhen, Okereke, Awoniyi, Odey et al give me great hopes going forward and reasons to believe we have a wicked attack on the rise.

I will take an Nwakaeme before Ujah sef. But time will tell....

Better. Let us see what happens this season first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
big congratulations to Victor Osimhen. when you were at your lowest ebb many doubted you. some even said you lacked 'consistent quality' but low and behold your lack of 'consistent quality' has landed you in france where you have another chance to show what you are made of in the big stage. if by some strange twist of fate Victor you are reading this just continue to work hard, learn fast and stay humble bon chance Victor!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

1. La Liga (Spain)

Ramon Azeez (Granada CF)

2. EPL (England)

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

4. Serie A (Italy)

Ola Aina (FC Torino)

***Memeh Caleb Okoli is still playing U-19 football for Atalanta predominantly but could make the step up soon.

5. Ligue 1 (France)

Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux)

Josh Maja (Bordeaux)

If Emmanuel apeh can't break in celta Vigo after this season he should leave o ,mostly playing for their b team and dude will be 23 soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

**Keanan Bennetts GLADBACHS

Emmanuel Apeh Celta Vigo

The last two are playing for the second team. Anything can happen though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2019
You forgot the Turkish league cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

1. La Liga (Spain)

Ramon Azeez (Granada CF)

2. EPL (England)

3. Bundesliga (Germany)

4. Serie A (Italy)

Ola Aina (FC Torino)

5. Ligue 1 (France)

Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux)

Josh Maja (Bordeaux)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6744) (6745) (6746) (6747) (6748) (6749) (6750) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.