Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,240 members, 7,894,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12105207 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (16445) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:

Akpom too?? What about hype?
I don't think ibe we ever ave get an recall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
Sunderland's Josh Maja and QPR's Ebere Eze also trained with @NGSuperEagles. Wolves' Dominic Iorfa is also on the radar #BringingThemHome
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
Akpom and Aina....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
I saw the German under 20 side today and there were 3 Nigerians..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
Akpom and Aina....
boys looking good. see as jersey fit them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
The good thing about the Nigerian team now is the number of youngsters.. It is essentially an under 23 side with a few exceptions. We need to fix the goalkeeping position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
Akpom and Aina....
this London outing was a really strategic one by NFF, looks more and more like a grand plan to systemically snatch innit boys from Queen and country

Also, it's easier to lure them on familiar turf than telling them to travel down here

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Of all the youngsters being invited, Aina is the one that I am most excited about. Not sure that we need Akpom, Eze and Maja yet. Nff should do their switch quickly.

Good thing is that we have most of the Summer to prepare for Cameroon. We need to fix friendly games in the run-up so as to help our unfit players get up to speed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Your eyes don kuku ma see am. grin

Dem go say I dey missyan but here is another witness. grin

he did.mention that Onazi was average which is what I have been hammering on since, you talk say the guy was a baller in that game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
I hope this practice match generate headlines in the British media grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
some of us watch football in a funny way. even the best teams do not play good football every single day of the season. the difference between a great team and an average team is the ability to get something out of difficult games. we had a relatively drab game but we got something out of it, against Senegal not just any team and the fact that we came back from a goal down makes it even better. but somehow we want our boys to marvel us every single day.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mickael2:
some of us watch football in a funny way. even the best teams do not play good football every single day of the season. the difference between a great team and an average team is the ability to get something out of difficult games. we had a relatively drab game but we got something out of it, against Senegal not just any team and the fact that we came back from a goal down makes it even better. but somehow we want our boys to marvel us every single day.
e tire me.... Make dem no wow me for useless friendlies. Anybody that wants to misplace passes and miss goals can use friendlies for such, as long as they bring their A-game to the competitive matches, I'm good

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mickael2:

Spot on..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
any update please. .regarding the test game tonight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Humility017:
any update please. .regarding the test game tonight

Nigeria played Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
Of all the youngsters being invited, Aina is the one that I am most excited about. Not sure that we need Akpom, Eze and Maja yet. Nff should do their switch quickly.

Good thing is that we have most of the Summer to prepare for Cameroon. We need to fix friendly games in the run-up so as to help our unfit players get up to speed.
with their influx into the super eagles...the competition will be high...
I love such healthy competition.. it will make many improve.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
With Ejaria after the under 20 WC and Tammy Abraham, the future is bright.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:

Nigeria played Nigeria
yeah...the line up, the eye catching displays etc please do you have any to feed us with bro?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Assuming this is the last game b4 the SA game, based on what I watched, I'd propose the following team against SA:
GK - Ikeme,
CBs - Leon and Troost (we'd still have to manage them)
RB - Shehu; nobody seems to know this guy is very good at RB. Attacks well, defends ok, and crosses almost accurately.
LB - Elderson, no one comes close to usurping this position.

DM - Ndidi, he's won it as his position now.
CM - Onazi, very agile player. We'd have to just manage his erratic passes.
AM - Mikel, may I not hear Iwobi's name for this position until he let's us know he wants to take his football career more seriously.

LW - V. Moses, since he'd be a winger he better comes from the left as he hardly crosses when playing for Naija
RW - Etebo Knicks it just ahead of Success due to team chemistry and his robustness.

FW - Iheanacho. Despite the stick he's been getting of late, no one comes close to his football IQ. This Bobo has movements in abundance.

This team would match SA speed for speed and over power SA physically.

When the desirable is not available the available becomes desirable.

From the players we have invited this is probably the best line up. Is this a team that will compete and win against a highly motivated very physical Cameroon side

I have watched Shehu and I rate him a lot higher than Omeruah for RWB position. Omeruah defends let's say adequately but doesn't gives you many attacking options.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
With Ejaria after the under 20 WC and Tammy Abraham, the future is bright.
seriously....
after the capture of this duo
we can then give it a break fr sometime
and integrate this young ones first to build a formidable team
that Tammy guy really excites me especially wit the dearth of strikers in the SE presently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
komekn:

From the players we have invited this is probably the best line up. Is this a team that will compete and win against a highly motivated very physical Cameroon side

Why not??

The team is more than good enough to beat the Cameroon side especially at home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Joebie:
if the NFF is serious they will stamp out bad officiating.

bad officiating will be difficult to stop especially when the renumeration are poor
the league is still facing it's rudimentary problems. I tell u. .we have not seen anything
just watch the league grow pass this stage...and watch any problem like match fixing and it's likes evolve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mickael2:

he did.mention that Onazi was average which is what I have been hammering on since, you talk say the guy was a baller in that game

Do you have proof? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
One technical area that needs to be changed in the Super Eagles is the goalkeeping department. I am sure that I am not the only one seeing Akpeyi shaking and jittery... He flopped a ball again leading to the Senegalese goal. Emmanuel Daniel was much better than him in the Olympics and I am sure can do a better job if given a shot.

Just like Rohr is exploring for better players, so should the goalkeeping coaches. Ezenwa is not even the best in Nigeria. Akpeyi can still be on the team but not as second choice. This friendlies would have offered us a chance to see one new keeper. Ikeme is injury - prone and Enyeama is not ready to come back.

Seconded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
komekn:

I have watched Shehu and I rate him a lot higher than Omeruah for RWB position. Omeruah defends let's say adequately but doesn't gives you many attacking options.
first, his name is Omeruo, not Omeruah

Second, abeg what is in the Cameroon that Dede's team can't win? Or did they get Mbappe the Superboy to commit to them? You have forgotten how Kenya came to Nigeria and drew on our own turf just two months after our AFCON win? The champions are usually easier to beat because they have more to fight for

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mickael2:
sir mickael2 making lotta sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
whizola:
Arsenal youngster Chuba Akpom trained with the @NGSuperEagles alongside Ola Aina of Chelsea, Maja of Sunderland and Ebere Eze of QPR.

Hehehehehehahahahahahohohihu?

Dem eyes don clear, na God win.... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dedebanky85:
I normally watch a game without national bias for the 2nd and 3rd times. The 1st I can be frantic and be bias. My takings ob the game are as follows:

That was one hell of a boring game on Naija's part. Even the commentator could attest to the countless inaccurate passes and crosses. If CMR catches this team, they would lambast this SE. I used to clamor for the absence of Mikel, but I think I'm beginning to have a rethink. The people's choice - Iwobi - has decided to take his SM career more serious than his footy career. For the past 2 months, Iwobi has been repeatedly playing rubbish. He should be reminded of one certain Emma Frimpong. Can't tell where that guy plays these days. I fear for Iwobi. Infact Iwobi shouldn't start against CMR, that's how widowed I am.

Iheanacho still showed his brilliant movements, but as @Forgiveness said, he was match rusty. The 6 yards miss was what Iheanacho feeds on on a regular day. I'm of the opinion he should get the hell outta Man City to save his career.

The defence can't really pass out, especially Ekong and Omeruo. In fact Troost, although a good defender, "em de select leg". Omeruo always has to float the ball rather than pick out a player with a pass. Overall, the game was not really inspiring till the last 8mins of each half.

I don't know if it's just the commentary plus video settings, but when I watched other friendlies, ours just looked like uncoordinated game of "CHOOSING".

On another note, I like the fact that Rohr called up the foreign born guys in the UK, but can SE be more respected whereby you just don't stroll into the camp at will. If Germany was to play in Weasley, would non-capped players in England just come to the German camp just to felicitate? I follow these guys on Snap and other SM, the amount of faces I see in mufty, is alarming. We can be more coordinated than what I'm seeing.

Where there are two or three witnesses ..... grin

God bless ya.... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
komekn:

From my experience he is there because he is linked in via his Dad, as well as he has been courted by Nigeria for some time. Don't forget that he has known Mikel, Victor for some time. And finally the influence of Emenalo can not be ignored.

U are forgetting the Iwobi factor. He is close to both Aina and Akpom.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Super Eagles regular team led by Ogenyi Onazi were held by a second-string side led by Kenneth Omeruo 1-1 in a practice match played at the Hive Stadium in London tonight.

It was a competitive game played under a good atmosphere.

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho opened scoring in the first half for the ‘A’ team.

However, Olanrewaju Kayode drew the hopefuls level in the second half.

The main team in the all-green kits paraded the likes of goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, Leon Balogun, William-Troost Ekong, Elderson Echiejile, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo.

The second XI, who wore white kits, lined up Shehu Abdullahi, Chiedozie Awaziem, Tyronne Ebuehi, Isaac Success, John Ogu and goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

Germany-based forward Noah Bazee was introduced in the second half, while Ola Aina from Chelsea played the entire game for the second team.

The match was played in place of a cancelled friendly against Burkina Faso at the same venue after the Stallions failed to secure visas for seven players to fly into the UK.

The Eagles are preparing for crucial AFCON and World Cup qualifiers later in the year.

Source- ScoreNigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
whizola:
Sunderland's Josh Maja and QPR's Ebere Eze also trained with @NGSuperEagles. Wolves' Dominic Iorfa is also on the radar #BringingThemHome

Hahaha! Iorfa papa don dey wake up. grin

This match cancellation sweet oooooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
@SG, maybe u got me wrong. I'm not even looking at CMR for now. Just focusing on the SA game cos that comes 1st. I believe we have the team to beat CMR. If I should jump the gun, maybe this team may beat CMR, but they'd have serious cohesion than us due to at least 3 guaranteed games at the confeds. So on the scale of that it's tough to predict the outcome of those double headers.

safarigirl:
first, his name is Omeruo, not Omeruah

Second, abeg what is in the Cameroon that Dede's team can't win? Or did they get Mbappe the Superboy to commit to them? You have forgotten how Kenya came to Nigeria and drew on our own turf just two months after our AFCON win? The champions are usually easier to beat because they have more to fight for

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (16445) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, zicky(m), Philosopher1979, orriyomi33(m), BannedLarge and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.