Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,893 members, 7,895,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 08:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12121277 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7375) (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) ... (16449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
Koboko99:

Some people think you just learn a skill, set up your own business and boom....money starts flowing in.
Learning is skill isn't free these days, even if you get to learn one, do you know how many people have the same skill? It boils down to what makes you stand out, perseverance, proper planning etc, so it's not easy.
Many people that have their own businesses and companies today started somewhere, horned their skills, got capital from working elsewhere before setting up. So please it's not rosy anywhere....choose wisely

You have a better chance of getting a job if you learn a trade than you would with your crappy Nigerian degree. Truth is Nigeria youths do not want to learn a skill...evey gaddem person want to have a degree just so they can say I am a graduate. The Nigerian youth dont want to learn some professional trade and fix their lives but they all want to ffuck Danielle Okereke who drives G Wagon...lol. How can you count ten when you haven't counted one.

But, the reality is that Nigeria doesn't have the job opportunities to service their millions of youths who are graduate and those still in school. For every hundred thousand Nigerian graduate just about 10% are going to be employed. The situation of the country is seriously troubling and I fear something bad might happen before things get better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
ubcandid:

Coupled with his stats in Europe, I wonder why the guy looks so off in the super eagles.

Simple! Because the current SE philosophy does not suit his style of play. Onuachu is a player that thrives in d possession-keeping team against team parking the bus. He is the kind of player you use against teams like Burundi, Madagascar, Lesotho, Benin etc. That is why he has been largely successful in Europe, because all the teams he has played for are table toppers in their leagues.
In a team that has a defensive style of play and thrives on the counter, Onuachu will flop helplessly. He does not have the frame and energy to continuously mark and chase down defenders.
Onuachu is not a bad player, just that he doesn't fit the current SE style of play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Leave them mk dem dey deceive themselves lolz
OMANBALA1:

You have a better chance of getting a job if you learn a trade than you would with your crappy Nigerian degree. Truth is Nigeria youths do not want to learn a skill...evey gaddem person want to have a degree just so they can say I am a graduate. The Nigerian youth dont want to learn some professional trade and fix their lives but they all want to ffuck Danielle Okereke who drives G Wagon...lol. How can you count ten when you haven't counted one.

But, the reality is that Nigeria doesn't have the job opportunities to service their millions of youths who are graduate and those still in school. For every hundred thousand Nigerian graduate just about 10% are going to be employed. The situation of the country is seriously troubling and I fear something bad might happen before things get better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Akpeyi wins first title in South Africa

Nigeria goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi, says he excited after helping Kaizer Chiefs win their first trophy of the season in a 4-2 humiliation of rivals Mamelodi Sundowns to lift the Shell Helix Ultra Cup on Saturday at the FNB stadium in Johannesburg.

Akpeyi, who was on for the entire duration of the game, was partly responsible for Sundown’s first goal after parrying Gaston Sirino’s curl into the path of Jose Meza, who needed no second invitation hitting the ball into the net from close range.

But the goalkeeper redeemed himself with a last-ditch palm from Hlompho Kekana’s header to reduce pressure on his team.

The shot-stopper moved to South Africa in 2015, joining Chippa United from Warri Wolves, before making a switch to former South African Premier League champions Chiefs in January 2019.

“I’ve been so hungry for a trophy in the PSL, working day after day, praying without ceasing and keeping my faith stronger against all odds as the days goes by.

“Though it may tarry, but I will wait on God because He is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that repent; His words are yeah and Amen. This is the beginning of greater things to come in this season,” he wrote on Instagram.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/nigerian-goalkeeper-akpeyi-wins-first.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Out, Musa, Etebo In, QPR Eze In Line For First Eagles Call
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ebere Eze invite should please work out abeg!!! This is our song. We want Eze!!!

charlesemeka85:
Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Out, Musa, Etebo In, QPR Eze In Line For First Eagles Call

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Algeria ripping Columbia apart
It's 2-0

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Meanwhile.... Local Scene News

2019/2020 NPFL Season To Kick-Off November 3

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
My brother, after I saw Bounedjah's first goal in the game, I just weak for Colombia. Algeria go kee them today... Loolll

nelszx:
It's 2-0

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Leave them mk dem dey deceive themselves lolz

There was a relative of mine I advised to learn a trade after she failed waec like 3 time but she insisted until the fifth time, thats when she finally decided to learn the trade after she realized none of her graduate friend had a danm job. There is something fundamentally wrong with the reasoning of the Nigerian youth and I think it's connected to the mentality of "we have oil" or "Nigeria is a rich country", whereas the country is as poor as church rat.
Meanwhile, the elite are living like kings using the little oil revenue to enrich themselves....its a sad situation. The country is living above it means...a Senator shouldn't earn more than 300,000 naira in a country like Nigeria because we cant afford all these billions dolled out to them monthly. American senators make very little salaries because they all have a day job.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ubcandid(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
drDoom3:

Simple! Because the current SE philosophy does not suit his style of play. Onuachu is a player that thrives in d possession-keeping team against team parking the bus. He is the kind of player you use against teams like Burundi, Madagascar, Lesotho, Benin etc. That is why he has been largely successful in Europe, because all the teams he has played for are table toppers in their leagues.
In a team that has a defensive style of play and thrives on the counter, Onuachu will flop helplessly. He does not have the frame and energy to continuously mark and chase down defenders.
Onuachu is not a bad player, just that he doesn't fit the current SE style of play.

I don't think it matters the team he plays against but more on the tactics of the team he plays for. Like I've said countless times here, Rohr is to defensively minded for a team bundled with players with attacking flair and their strength far better than the defensive ability of the team. He plays for Genk currently and scored against a top team. At midjtylland, he scored against Man U I. The Europa league and they were mostly second to Copenhagen.

It's Rohr's tactics they doesn't suit him, even osimehin had to shelve his game style to be running deep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
My brother, after I saw Bounedjah's first goal in the game, I just weak for Colombia. Algeria go kee them today... Loolll

Wow Senegal, Nigeria now Algeria

Africa is getting stronger

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Uzoho, six month.... I'm genuinely heartbroken....

He is currently in a rich vein of form na, why now....
Six month out, that is cruel.... I would have preferred a Dani Alves for this injury or any other Brazilian player, except firmino and Neymar...

6 month, damn....
God be with him... Tonite I will say him a little prayer.... And I hope he comes back better......

Sorry Uzoho, na so life be... But we will never forget you on this thread, we will rehabilitate with you....

Get well number 1...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
Olulong:
October 15, 2019073

Facebook Twitter

The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

Nigeria will first play Benin Republic on the 14th before taking on Lesotho five days later and already coach Gernot Rohr has started fine tuning his team after the two friendly games against Ukraine and Brazil played within a space of a month.

Rohr has dcided to drop some players to make way for players who were missing from the game due to injury and those who didn’t impress during the games played or in training ahead of the games.

PAOK of Greece midfield powerhouse Anderson Esiti is favourite to miss out with Rohr settling for Ramon Azeez who impressed as a second half substitute against Brazil while Esiti failed to do same when he was introduced against Ukraine.

Viv Solomon-Otabor might have had his last invitation to the team for now with Samuel Kalu set to return for the AFCON 2020 Qualifiers as he is expected to be fit. Otabor didn’t do enough in training to be considered as a substitute in the game against Brazil.

Team captain Ahmed Musa will return to the squad if he is fit alongside Oghenekaro Etebo who missed the last game to be with his wife who was expected to give birth according to reports from players close to the Stoke City midfielder.

Sources close to Rohr also revealed that QPR midfielder Ebere Eze has been discussed extensively by the technical crew of the Super Eagles and he could get his chance in the upcoming games. His decision is however subject to international clearance which is not expected to be tedious as he only played for England in a friendly game.

This story better be true. Can't wait to see Eze in SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
ubcandid:

I don't think it matters the team he plays against but more on the tactics of the team he plays for. Like I've said countless times here, Rohr is to defensively minded for a team bundled with players with attacking flair and their strength far better than the defensive ability of the team. He plays for Genk currently and scored against a top team. At midjtylland, he scored against Man U I. The Europa league and they were mostly second to Copenhagen.

It's Rohr's tactics they doesn't suit him, even osimehin had to shelve his game style to be running deep.

We don't have good crossers simple

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
komekn:

We were never going to be better than Brazil in any way shape or form.

Nonetheless, considering our players and thier level they did EXCEPTIONALLY well under the circumstances.

And in the scheme of things Awaziem played an intelligent game, Ekong and Ajayi did good however, Collins was chopped up like Suya by the Brazilians and the very weak link in the defence.

And in terms of defence midfield and our attack, as a collective the defence edged it, YES.

See am. E don change mouth grin

That aside, Collins did not do badly like you are painting it. He played one of his best games in our colors. Please go and rewatch that game

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
solonnachi:

This story better be true. Can't wait to see Eze in SE.

Abi...I pray he get invited, so dis noise of eze will reduce..and we all c what he can offer to d team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
Eartquake1:

Self employed is clearly better, it would take you at least 15 years on average in office SERVICE to earn 900k, by then a self employed nigga must have built an empire

There are more risks in being an entrepreneur but there are definitely more rewards

All the hairdressers, shoe makers, carpenters, welders, mechanics, barbers, food sellers, tailors, vuicanizers that are in every nook and crannies are self employed.
Many of the okada guys in Lagos learnt a trade at a time.
We need people who can establish big businesses and employ the populace. These gainfully employed masses are what makes up the middle class of an economy.
All the top economies of the world are not dominated by one-man businesses all over the place.
Its like subsistence farming to mechanized farming in agriculture.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
Icon4s:

See am. E don change mouth grin

That aside, Collins did not do badly like you are painting it. He played one of his best games in our colors. Please go and rewatch that game

Tell me where I change mouth.

I only agreed with you that in terms of the collective segments of midfield, Attack and defence that the defence shaded it.

My view before the match I felt Collins was going to be the weakest link and after the match that was confirmed. Left for dead abused & used by Gabriel.

Collins is not the up to the level required for the SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
That is what i was saying. It is not every player that plays well for their club that will play well for their country. Some players just don't suit a certain pattern. That is why judging a player on club form is too simplistic and has limitations

drDoom3:

That is what i was saying. It is not every player that plays well for their club that will play well for their country. Some players just don't suit a certain pattern. That is why judging a player on club form is too simplistic and has limitations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
nelszx:
It's 2-0

3- 0 now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Sweden beating Spain 1-0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
Entrepreneurship or Employee?
I want you all to note; both has their shortcomings, both can actually go hand in hand. You can work as employee and at the same time use the larger part of your salary (if you are really serious) to establish a side business. This can simply be termed JOB SECURITY. If something bad happens at your place of work,you can simply refer back to your own business. You just have to ensure you NEVER STOP BUILDING THAT BUSINESS because of future uncertainties.

Now to those saying 'go learn a skill' , permit me to ask.. what is the assurance that the skill learned will survive the storm of the business world? market Competition, start-up capital, clientele, time,e.t.c. are factors that may arise in future. whatnow happens if the skill cant survive the storm? back to square one?

And on school degrees, if you are a student like me and you are reading this,take your studies seriously and get that degree. Whether you are starting a business or want to work for someone, your degrees will always have an influence. Many graduates today study the course that defers from their passion that is why some are still jobless and not because degrees doesn't count.

sorry for the long epistle. .lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
rabzy:

All the hairdressers, shoe makers, carpenters, welders, mechanics, barbers, food sellers, tailors, vuicanizers that are in every nook and crannies are self employed.
Many of the okada guys in Lagos learnt a trade at a time.
We need people who can establish big businesses and employ the populace. These gainfully employed masses are what makes up the middle class of an economy.
All the top economies of the world are not dominated by one-man businesses all over the place.
Its like subsistence farming to mechanized farming in agriculture.

The trade you listed are not well regulated in Nigeria. In the U.S you need at least 2 years of in class and hands on training to become a mechanic, carpenter etc and after that you earn a decent pay more than some engineers.

Nigerian carpenters are crap...I know because I saw a chair I paid over 500,000 naira to build and it looked like trash. Go to Ghana and see their skilled trades men...blow your ffucking mind.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
Love Gernot Rohr or hate him but he is chatting our football in the right direction than any local coach would have done. He has the right connections globally and with Pinnick, they have succeeded in making SE a brand name,. He also works with players who are regularly playing and in form, he is setting a bench mark for the average age of players he wants in SE, he is also humble, never arrogant, talks intelligently to the press and he is using Nigeria to revive his coaching career so that his market will sell globally. The only thing he hasn't done is improving our league by scouting for players who could fit into the SE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
A skill?
The skills I have that make money for me didn't fall from the sky.

Some within a week
Some in months
And some over the years apart from the pally from school.

So I am not talking theories here.
Eartquake1:

Have you actually learnt a skill?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ended 1-1 shaa...

Meanwhile Algeria don make am 3-0... Colombia sorry ooo

Seriously that Algerian Starting XI is a killer squad. Lol

Eartquake1:
Sweden beating Spain 1-0

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
Well, this is totally your fault. we have quacks all over the world. Not really a Nigerian thing. #200k in some parts of Nigeria will make that same chair you claimed to have made for #500k and still best it.
OMANBALA1:

The trade you listed are not well regulated in Nigeria. In the U.S you need at least 2 years of in class and hands on training to become a mechanic, carpenter etc and after that you earn a decent pay more than some engineers.

Nigerian carpenters are crap...I know because I saw a chair I paid over 500,000 naira to build and it looked like trash. Go to Ghana and see their skilled trades men...blow your ffucking mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I agree that our craftsmen are crap, but we dont even have the purchasing power to pay decent craftsmen. The Ghanaian craftsmen are wonderful but they are still scraping a living. You need a buoyant middle class that can pay the craftsmen for the job. Even in the US, most people are very handy, they do a lot of craft work around the house themselves because getting someone to do it is very expensive.
We need big businesses that would employ people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Even Barbers get trained. You can not practice without training
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
iSlayer:

cc Safarigirl.

Give it a rest sis.

I'd like to hate, thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7375) (7376) (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) ... (16449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m), chuks404 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.