Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001185 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7531) (7532) (7533) (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Eartquake1:
I wonder what he's discussing with that dunce of a football coach

Very disrespectful. No need for that. I doubt you can scratch the surface of Imama's tactical know-how for you to call him a dunce.

Please criticise without insults.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Demarai gray is not good enough bro, they wanna buy dennis as a forwarder, from the wings or a striker

Dennis is not a wrong choice, their scout knows better than me and you, Dennis is a versatile player, leicester city has no versatile player

Leicester need a striker, Perez, Albrighton are versatile and Dennis is not an upgrade on them

Anyway they know what they want
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Very disrespectful. No need for that. I doubt you can scratch the surface of Imama's tactical know-how for you to call him a dunce.

Please criticise without insults.

Scratch surface indeed

Have you listened to an NPFL coach discuss tactics?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Eartquake1:

Leicester need a striker, Perez, Albrighton are versatile and Dennis is not an upgrade on them

Anyway they know what they want

Dennis is a striker thats why they are going for him

Demerai gray is a bad winger so please dont call him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Eartquake1:

Scratch surface indeed

You can not. From my understanding, Imama trained for a long time with a tactical master, coach Monday Sinclair. Training with Sinclair tells a lot of his knowledge.

As I said, criticise without insults.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Afobear post=83733165][/quote]

You sabi the guy wells.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Disgusting anti-Igbo freak from the darkest corners of Politics section.

Wonders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Very very legit news as you said bro, leicester mercury no dey carry nonsense news

Yes ayoze is no winger

Hmm. Interesting news.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Eartquake1:

Scratch surface indeed

The former Sharks of Port Harcourt boss (now Rivers United) was in charge of the national team between 1997 and 1999 before and after Bora Milutinovic was hired.

Sinclair had discovered talents like Richard Owubokiri, Benjy Nziakor, Peter Rufai, Finidi George, Taribo West, Emmanuel Ebiede, Davidson Owumi, Idah Peterside, Binebi Numa, Imama Amapakabo and many others.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1215331-what-year-monday-sinclair-coach-super-eagles.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Some folks n their reasoning dey tire me atimes. So Rohr n the nff should just invite a foreign born player whom they not re sure of him having the ambition to play for 9ja without consulting him first?

Before keshi invited balogun he called him personally to know if he is interested to be a member of his team. It's unprofessional to pencil down the name of kids born abroad for an invite to our national teams without atleast reaching out to them first.

Even the likes of Aina, Iwobi, ebuehi, Ekong, victor moses, Anichebe etc were all contacted by one way or the other before they were invited to the national team.

The case of this kids are different to that of kids groomed in Nigeria who re automatically obligated to accept a call up even when they re yet to be approached by anyone from the glass house.

Even I remember so may years ago Obafemi martins initially rejected his first invitation to the national team with an excuse that he wants to solidify his place in inter milan's team then and when that was achieved he made his debut against Ireland in an international friendly.

Some here behave as if they know it all but thier post on certain issues here expose their ignorance.

Eze was in the get together organized by the nff few years ago in UK as an unknown quality but his fortunes have changed and after being capped by the English u20 side and currently having a good season with the possibility of moving to the almighty epl in few months time and a recall to the English u21 mooted in the media in the next fifa break, the nff and Rohr did the right thing to contact him to know his stand on repping us in the future which the young man informed them that he needs more time and I don't blame him for that because he has to make the best decision for his young career.

Lets try to be sincere to ourselves rather than castigating and vilifying the nff and Rohr for not inviting him without his consent which will even make mockery of the German and nff chiefs to the outside world.

The area I blame Rohr was not capping him since last season though the lad wasn't consistent then. I once advocated for fast integration of this kids most especially the talented ones to our national teams when they re yet to hit stardom but I was insulted here and labeled an ass licker.

Eze left the door open and their is still chances that he will play for us in the future so let's wait and hope for the best
May ur days be long...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Leicester open negotiations to sign Emmanuel Dennis (Club Brugge)

Leicester City linked with €20m-plus Champions League striker - reports

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/leicester-open-negotiations-to-sign-emmanuel-dennis-club-brugge/

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-linked-20m-plus-3498873

Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho. That's all I am going to say

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Dennis is a striker thats why they are going for him

Demerai gray is a bad winger so please dont call him
Demerai is still OK, you see that Albrighton he's just Uzoenyi wey get British passport
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You can not. From my understanding, Imama trained for a long time with a tactical master, coach Monday Sinclair. Training with Sinclair tells a lot of his knowledge.

As I said, criticise without insults.
lol, you don start. Tactical knowledge that can't beat Togo which kain knowledge be that one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Leicester open negotiations to sign Emmanuel Dennis (Club Brugge)

Leicester City linked with €20m-plus Champions League striker - reports

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/leicester-open-negotiations-to-sign-emmanuel-dennis-club-brugge/

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-linked-20m-plus-3498873
He shouldn't go there oooh. He is not good enough. If they could treat KC and Musa who are obviously better than he is, in such manner then I'm sorry for him in advance!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Ndidi undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
DrKlever:
He shouldn't go there oooh. He is not good enough. If they could treat KC and Musa who are obviously better than he is, in such manner then I'm sorry for him in advance!
I concur
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
DrKlever:

Lol

Even leicester city fans still love musa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
jihday:
Demerai is still OK, you see that Albrighton he's just Uzoenyi wey get British passport

Lol you funny abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I reason am sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
jihday:
Ndidi undecided

Not an attacker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Even leicester city fans still love musa
The kinda love that sent him to Saudi Arabia is not what i wish for Denis. He should stay and uprade himself!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
DrKlever:

Why do you think in the context of the EPL that Musa and KC are better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
DrKlever:
The kinda love that sent him to Saudi Arabia is not what i wish for Denis. He should stay and uprade himself!
Fans didn’t decide musa move to Saudi but the choice of the coach ,so this got nothing to do with the fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
komekn:

Why do you think in the context of the EPL that Musa and KC are better than him.

He might even do better than them in the Epl

We can’t use one player failure to predict another

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Musa pushed 4 the move and Leicester on thier part made decent money from it
DrKlever:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
I don't rate him much but he may do well in england
andrewbaba44:

He might even do better than them in the Epl

We can’t use one player failure to predict another
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
komekn:

Dennis has never player in the EPL before so there is no stat to back that up. However, the EPl is very demanding and i doubt Dennis is ready for such in his career, especially a team like Leceister, Arsenal and Man U with hostile management and Fans. Musa and Iheanacho are far better footballers than Dennis, let's not even argue that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:

He pushed for a move but not to Saudi. Al nassr was the only club that could afford what Leicester wanted

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Was he playing regularly before he pushed for the move? Same treatment Kelechi is getting was what made him to force a move. If I'm right, he scored a brace prior his move to Saudi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
sorry but the bold is at best a half truth. Iwobi had been involved in pre-season matches with Arsenal prior to the commencement of the EPL season i remember him scoring in one of the emirates cup matches that year so alex wasn't some fresh nosed youngster who was plucked form nowhere into the national team. his debut was a friendly anyway which is an avenue to test new players nothing untoward there. by the time we now called alex up for the competitive game against egypt he had broken into the starting XI of Arsenal

komekn:

You have completely bypassed the substance and the questions raised.

My proposition remains the same " Better to have a Lion in a lower league and club than an anonymous mouse in a top club and league "

Osimhen was selected not invited to play for the SE when he was essentially a youth player. Iwobi had not kicked a ball for the Arsenal first team before he started playing for the SE.

What you have done is express double standard with hypocrisy and attempt to justify it

The question remains why did it take 2 and half years to have Eze capped or even invited.

Football is a business that's intrinsically linked to TIMING. Question remains why the DELAY.

The NFF was able to invite Nwakali who was playing in a obscure Nordic league and was very far from being outstanding. But for reasons unknown he was invited.

The muted indecisive response from Eze is an outcome response to the NFF and thier double standard and questionable delay.

You miss the point and the core questions raised.

Instead you imply dishonourable and disrespectful conduct on the part of Eze. When actually the behaviour of the NFF has just been that.

Honour and integrity is not a regular item on the dinner menu of most Nigerians. The demands of acceptable practice and etiquette ignored if not butchered.

Your deductions are a sad reflection of that prevalent mentality of a lack of honour and integrity in our general dealings.

It's the same mentality that seen Sone Aluko excluded from the NFF after outstanding performances inexplicably without any question to date.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
yeah i'm not completely convinced by dennis either but football can be strange like that some times. the person you don't expect to do well might just hit form at the right time

charlesemeka85:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7531) (7532) (7533) (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.