Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,461 members, 7,964,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12523527 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (16735) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Who is willing to bet against this guy? grin He strongly believes Ndidi won't turn down Man Utd if they come for him in the summer.... could he be right?

Sir BascoVanVeli, Sir Icon4s, Sir Goldfish80, Sir TheGoodJoe (yeah even though you are on the other side of Manchester), and Sir Komekn.... Oya... what is your take? You think this agent is right?

Note: This is coming after I dropped a news earlier today from a foreign site on Ndidi's agent ruling out a summer move for Ndidi.
.........................................................................................................

Agent – Ndidi Won’t Turn Down Manchester United, Anyone Willing To Bet?

Leicester City rave of the moment Wilfred Ndidi won’t turn down a move to Manchester United if a bid is lodged for him in the summer by the Red Devils.

Ndidi is reportedly on the wishlist of the Premier League giants following a whirlwind start to his career in England, following his transfer from Genk in January.

According to Nigerian intermediary Hakeem Bello who is close to the bonafide intermediary of the former Genk man, Ndidi will jump at the chance to join Manchester United.

” Ndidi won’t say no to Manchester United, I can proudly tell you that if a bid is launched for him, he will most likely ask Leicester City for a transfer”, Hakeem told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” We talking Manchester United you know, the biggest and most successful in England. That’s a no brainer. Ndidi won’t turn down Man United, anyone willing to bet?”.

* Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/06/13027/

I would personally be disappointed in whoever is Arsenal's coach by this summer if he does nt snatch this boy. Nothing concern me with Man U.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hmmmmm... nicely said Chief Icon4s.... Versatility counts a lot in this modern game.

But I think Odey isn't just restricted to the CF role... maybe Sir BascoVanVeli can enlighten us on that as he has seen more matches of Odey than I have..... wink

Icon4s:

The beauty of modern football is the versatility of both the coach and players. The ability of a player to play more than one role gives him an edge.

Apart from CF which other roles can Odey play?

What if i tell you that what Rohr fielded in the later part of that Senegal game was a 4-3-3.That is how i read it. The 3 forwards being Success-iheanacho-Kayode. I see Success as a very useful player in that attack as he is a wing forward and also a striker. He may not be a CF. Kayode jst like Success can also be played as a wings forward. Same goes for Onyekuru (ie WF and CF). Iheanacho, Success, Kayode and Onyekuru have more to offer than Odey. I cannot drop any of these four for Odey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
Sorry Sir..... it is still gonna be Wenger cheesy Or you haven't heard.... cheesy

Icon4s:

I would personally be disappointed in whoever is Arsenal's coach by this summer if he does nt snatch this boy. Nothing concern me with Man U.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
whizola:

Leicester City footballer Ahmed Musa has been arrested on suspicion of attacking his wife.

The Nigerian striker, 24, who cost the Premier League club a record fee of £16.6million, was quizzed by police at his £850,000 five-bedroom home in Countesthorpe, Leicestershire.

Officers swooped at his home on Tuesday night in response to a domestic abuse complaint, just hours after his side's 2-0 win over Sunderland.

+6
Leicester City footballer Ahmed Musa has been arrested on suspicion of attacking his wife Jamila
+6
Leicester City footballer Ahmed Musa has been arrested on suspicion of attacking his wife
When they found no one in they made inquiries with surprised neighbours.

The former CSKA Moscow forward was finally arrested at 1am yesterday, by two plain-clothed policewomen, after he returned home.

The father-of-two Musa was grilled for allegedly beating his wife Jamila and was released without cha.............
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4384734/Leicester-City-s-Ahmed-Musa-arrested-wife-beating.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I want to believe that Musa has some level of basic education that would transfer to common sense.

And if he has no education then why not? He has enough time and money to improve himself.

There is an assumption of self education by association. He has been in Europe for quite some time to know what is acceptable behaviour and what can land you in jail and literally end your entire football career.

There is zero tolerance for wife beating and abuse. He has if convicted given Leicester city a perfect get out clause to end his contract. At the moment he is, whether we like it or not fairly or unfairly considered a flop.

He should know we are not in the back hinter lands of Sahel savannah of Northern Nigeria. His conduct brings a negative impact even on the Green Eagles.

Or could this be misguided youthful exuberance and immaturity as he got married at the age of 19

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ahmed-musa-arrested-leicester-city-wife-beating-attacked-accused-a7669476.html?amp

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/601416/Leicester-Ahmed-Musa-Leo-Ulloa-Ron-Robert-Zieler-Claudio-Ranieri-Craig-Shakespeare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
TROUBLED SUPER EAGLES VICE CAPTAIN QUIT ROLE OVER FAMILY ISSUES, NEEDS SUPPORT
 

Getty Images | Catherine Ivill | AMA

Embattled Super Eagles and Leicester City winger, Ahmed Musa quit his role as assistant Captain of the national team to resolve personal family issues.

The 24-year-old had a run-in with British law enforcement this week over claims he had an altercation with his wife and was taking in for questioning at 1am on Tuesday.

Musa who joined the English Champions this season has become a fringe player since the sacking of Claudio Ranieri and his place in the national team is also shrouded in uncertainty after a mild drama in London last month.

A vice captain of the three-time African Champions, Musa’s reaction to Onazi Ogenyi passing the captain’s band to Elderson Echiejile during the friendly with Senegal, was picked by some sharp observers and it called to question the former Kano Pillars Player’s immediate future with the team.

Speaking on Musa’s recent travails, media officer of the Super Eagles, Toyin Ibitoye urged teammates and fans to rally round the player.

He stated that the Musa turned down the vice captaincy of the national team over family issues but asked that while he’s allowed to resolve his issues, the player should be shown support and love.

Musa has 61 caps for Nigeria, making him the second most capped, active player behind John Mikel Obi (79).

Source: http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/troubled-super-eagles-vice-captain-quit-role-over-family-issues-needs-support/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
goldfish80:

A student in Finland developed a formula to beat this FIFA monthly rankings. Wales and Romania used this system to their advantage and broke into the FIFA top 10 world rankings,earning for themselves top seeds in their world cup qualifiers group.
The Nff can adopt their method if they are interested in soaring up the rankings.

It is one thing to know the formula and another thing to get the desired result to boost your ranking points.

FIFA no longer makes the formula secret. U can actually calculate ur ranking points even before a game is played. Like a kind of forecast. That may even inform u of the decision to play which country so as to secure maximum ranking points.

Immediately Nigeria drew Senegal i calculated our ranking points and those of other countries closely above and below us. From that i stated Nigeria would move to 5th in Africa and top 40 in the world.

Not something difficult.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2017
Exclusive – Ezekiel Bassey Loan Spell At Barcelona Comes To A Premature End

Ezekiel Bassey loan spell at Spanish giants Barcelona has been brought to a premature end following a shoulder injury picked up in training on Monday.

The 20 year old joined the La-Liga outfit on a six months loan deal from Enyimba FC of Aba in Nigeria, with the option of making the deal permanent in the summer based on performances.

However issues surrounding issuance of a work permit has delayed his debut, as he is yet to be given the all clear to feature in competitive games for the B team of the Catalan giants.

His performances in test games failed to convince the coaches of the high flying B team, who are sure candidate for promotion back to the second division, as they are top with an unassailable lead with six games left to play.

” Bassey’s loan deal is over, he is so unlucky to be ruled out of the season after picking up a shoulder injury. The injury was thought to be a minor one but scans showed it’s worst than initially feared.

” He will be out for four to five weeks, which means as at when he is fit again. The league would have been over. I feel pity for the lad because this happened when he was beginning to settle down in Spain”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/06/exclusive-ezekiel-bassey-loan-spell-at-barcelona-comes-to-a-premature-end/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
Icon4s:

It is one thing to know the formula and another thing to get the desired result to boost your ranking points.

FIFA no longer makes the formula secret. U can actually calculate ur ranking points even before a game is played. Like a kind of forecast. That may even inform u of the decision to play which country so as to secure maximum ranking points.

Immediately Nigeria drew Senegal i calculated our ranking points and those of other countries closely above and below us. From that i stated Nigeria would move to 5th in Africa and top 40 in the world.

Not something difficult.

Lol.. If you can explain to me how Romania got into the world top ten and displaced Italy and France I go comot cap for you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
Icon4s:

It's an open market and if he has good advisers it's about managing your progression not just the biggest offer money wise.

Where would best suit Ndidi for him to progress somewhere he wil be given every opportunity and with patience.

In this regard I would have a preference for Liverpool or Arsenal. We know how ruthless Pep and Mourinho can be if you have a bad game.

This is Ndidi first season in a top league, I actually see nothing wrong in him staying at Leicester for another season. Improving his abilities and cementing himself as one the best DM's in the EPL. As a consequence of that progression his value will increase with a lot more interest from top clubs across Europe not just the EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Who is willing to bet against this guy? grin He strongly believes Ndidi won't turn down Man Utd if they come for him in the summer.... could he be right?

Sir BascoVanVeli, Sir Icon4s, Sir Goldfish80, Sir TheGoodJoe (yeah even though you are on the other side of Manchester), and Sir Komekn.... Oya... what is your take? You think this agent is right?

Note: This is coming after I dropped a news earlier today from a foreign site on Ndidi's agent ruling out a summer move for Ndidi.
.........................................................................................................

Leicester City rave of the moment Wilfred Ndidi won’t turn down a move to Manchester United if a bid is lodged for him in the summer by the Red Devils.

Ndidi is reportedly on the wishlist of the Premier League giants following a whirlwind start to his career in England, following his transfer from Genk in January.

According to Nigerian intermediary Hakeem Bello who is close to the bonafide intermediary of the former Genk man, Ndidi will jump at the chance to join Manchester United.

” Ndidi won’t say no to Manchester United, I can proudly tell you that if a bid is launched for him, he will most likely ask Leicester City for a transfer”, Hakeem told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” We talking Manchester United you know, the biggest and most successful in England. That’s a no brainer. Ndidi won’t turn down Man United, anyone willing to bet?”.

* Daniel Martins

I think Man Utd need a deep lying playmaker to free up Pogba just like Pirlo did free him and Vidal to run amorc.
They could be looking at a player like Verrati to handle this job, I don't really think Ndidi can offer that. Ndidi will thrive more playing in Jurgen Klopps gengenpressing system. He will offer a lot to Liverpool's midfield.
All in my opinion of course.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
goldfish80:

Lol.. If you can explain to me how Romania got into the world top ten and displaced Italy and France I go comot cap for you grin

I wouldnt say exactly how Romania did it. But what i'll say is it requires planning,hard work and results. That is also how Switzerland made top ten a couple of years back.

As I said before, the ranking parameters are not secret. FIFA has made it public. The ranking is done for a 4yr period. Eg the latest ranking was from March 2014 to April 2017 with the most recent results(2017) carrying more weight.

Some countries dnt play friendlies with teams outside the top 50 bc playing teams that are too low behind does nt fetch much points and if u by mistake lose or draw to any of such teams it will really negatively affect ur ranking.

Playing top teams and getting results moves u up. Just a draw against Senegal and u saw our ranking points soar. Senegal lost ranking points with that draw against Nigeria.

Jst like the case of Romania and Switzerland. You can acquire those points calculatively. The ranking points formulas are available. U simulate the results and calculate the possible ranking points from them and u select which teams u'll play in friendlies. U may nt have a choice of who to play during main tourneys or qualifiers but every opportunity u have to play against a big team jst get a result even if it is a draw. Dnt loose games even if u have already qualified from the group. Like if we secure qualification after Cameroun double header some would say we should rest our regulars and try new players. U may not get the desired results needed to boost ur ranking.

FIFA ranking has become so important these days and should no longer be taken for granted as it is now the basis for group seedings in both FIFA and CAF organised tourneys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
krattoss:
spare me that please.. Pep is performing below average considering the fact how much he was giving for transfer markets..he has gotten all he asked for financially.. Tell me one reason he should go trophy less considering the amount of resources at his disposal..not only is he going trophy less, he is also on the verge of loosing out on the champions league spot..
And you call that development.. undecided
And what will you call jurgen klopps handwork on Liverpool? Or leicesters resurgence?
With low budget,they still get their team up front..that's what I call development..

The thing is GUARDIOLA is still driven by the euphoria he is still in the laliga or bundesliga where he has little or no competition.. The sooner he learns he is in EPL where no one cares whose ox is gored..the better for him cool
the painful thing is...Manchester united is not serious at all...if they were...by now pep and his crew would have been fighting to clinch the Europa ticket
mtcheew...Mr know all coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are forgetting that it took Manchester City the last game of last season to qualify for the Champions League Group playoffs. You also did not remember that we played the Champions League playoff games to qualify for the Champions League. We were already a team in decline and Guardiola so far has performed well.

Anyone who does not watch City closely can come up with what your writing there. But an insightful person who is following the team closely will see immense development.

Football is not linear. It is dynamic. The fruits of Guardiola’s work will show in the coming years. His transformation of Sterling and Stones is enough to tell the impact of Guardiola. Aguero showing tremendous improvement in his work rate and defending is another.

The team holds the ball with brilliant abilities. Considering that most of the players are new to the art of the game is brilliant. How many teams in the EPL can create as much chances as City did against Chelsea in the last game?
And man city will probably still qualify for champions league through play off this season, lost out to Monaco in the quarter finals, Aguero more work rate, less goals I don't see that as an improvement for a striker. Sterling has improved from last season?... I guess only you can see that. Iheanacho who was highly rated last season has now been rendered so useless he can't even make a match day squad. He sent Joe Hart packing, bought Bravo because he has this "brilliant" idea of a goal keeper... Can you count the number of goals city has conceded this season through goal keeper error?.
I don't see the point in holding the ball brilliantly if you can't win games. Any idiot can hold the ball.. Win the damn game!!
Pellegrini finished fourth, Guardiola will finish fourth... I don't see any improvement in that.
Conte is improving Chelsea and getting results at the same time... That's brilliance.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2017
Icon4s:

The beauty of modern football is the versatility of both the coach and players. The ability of a player to play more than one role gives him an edge.

Apart from CF which other roles can Odey play?

What if i tell you that what Rohr fielded in the later part of that Senegal game was a 4-3-3.That is how i read it. The 3 forwards being Success-iheanacho-Kayode. I see Success as a very useful player in that attack as he is a wing forward and also a striker. He may not be a CF. Kayode jst like Success can also be played as a wings forward. Same goes for Onyekuru (ie WF and CF). Iheanacho, Success, Kayode and Onyekuru have more to offer than Odey. I cannot drop any of these four for Odey.
Yea it might look hard for Odey but imagine how much harder it is for a winger to break into this side. We have Simon Moses, Victor Moses, Success, Kayode, Iwobi and even Etebo that can play on the wings. Right now it would be easier to break into the team as a striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
Jordan Torunariga makes Bundesliga team of the week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

* Daniel Martins

The agent was just trying to stir the pot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Onyekuru and Samuel Kalu must get their chances before Odey naa..... Odey should just be patient... his time will come.

bro I tire eehh
I just don't understand what's happening again
that guy odey has an upcoming CHAN tournament to enjoy.. and prove his worth after all.
I don't understand the reason for the rush.....
we still have kalu, onyekuru who has not smell the SE yet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
Pls guy how many of our ex player are now coaches outside Nigeria, with the exception of Sunday oliseh, and victor Agali

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
Top Scorers in Denmark

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
tbaba1234:
Jordan Torunariga makes Bundesliga team of the week.

Plz Rohr get us this natural left full back already. We need quality back ups to Echiejile.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:
Pls guy how many of our ex player are now coaches outside Nigeria, with the exception of Sunday oliseh, and victor Agali

Agali coaches in Nigeria.

Amokachi is in Finland, I believe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
Icon4s:

And who drops when Victor Moses comes back?

If Aluko is to be invited who drops?
If Aluko is to be invited we drop Iwobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
tbaba1234:

Agali coaches in Nigeria.

Amokachi is in Finland, I believe.

i think As RECINE was in France??, Agali club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
do4luv14:

i think As RECINE was in France??, Agali club

As Racine is in Lagos.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
terzurum5:

Iwobi?

Not sure that is the right choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Brace Up Or Face Wrath Of NFF, Amaju Pinnick Warns NPFL Referees

Newly elected CAF Executive Committee member and President of the Nigeria football Federation, Amaju Pinnick has charged football referees in the country to sit up or face the fury of the federation.

Amaju, who communicated disappointment on calls made by a few officials in the Nigeria Professional Football League, said NFF won't falter to keep on nailing error prone officials.

He said it is very grievous while the League managers are doing everything conceivable to put the League among the best in the continent, some referees who are the key characters in the game are not prepared to swim with the tide.

He continued, saying the Federation's objective is to advance and see numerous Nigerian refs officiate matches at the most noteworthy phase of World competitions, likewise said that he will keep on supporting the great ones and recommended that the rotten ones among the officials will be thrown out.

http://cheapgoals.com/brace-up-or-face-wrath-of-nff-amaju-pinnick-warns-npfl-referees
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
tbaba1234:

Iwobi?

Not sure that is the right choice.
y?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

* Daniel Martins

he shall remain in leicester for two more season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
terzurum5:

I hope we won't start acting like arsenal fans with this kid. As a young man his form is always going to be like the stock market but we have to believe in his quality and shun everything else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
terzurum5:

y?

Iwobi is class.. He is still young. sometimes we have to be patient with youth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2017
enomakos:
he shall remain in leicester for two more season

I agree, they paid too much to just sell him after half a season. I don't think even 30m is a enough for them to consider. Remember Kante was bought for peanuts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (16735) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), kellycute(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.