Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001332 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7716) (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Okay but certainly not a NIGERIAN either because for my little stay in here already, Gustav85 has been more or less a Troll to the SUPER EAGLES undoubtedly

Gustav is a Nigerian. In fact he is an animalia. A full time animal with a long tail that walks dangerously without jamming catastrophe. He is so much made, I presume Bkus kpokponkiosly, he once fired my coconut here. That said, his keske in here is lyka dat of a mosquito perching on the big bagco bag of Elderson Echiejile

Don't bother breaking ur head trying to comprehend that write up, he and some others already understand wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Haaland and Osimhen are strikers of similar class for now I believe.

Haaland is taller and mightier physically, has good pace and fantastic finishing. He is a giant. Reminds one of Zlatan and Andre Flo rolled into one.

Osimhen is tall, strong, rugged, and definitely faster than Haaland. His finishing too is fantastic. He is a workaholic beast. Reminds one of Drogba and Lewandowski rolled into one.

Both are exciting high yield potentials.

How can one person be as tall as strong and as fast as Haarland

That guy is a specimen, I can't remember another person in football who has all that attributes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2019
ChrisKels:

I will only agree with the bolded Bkus;

1 - We no longer have Ighalo to blunt our attack with his lack of mobility and anywhere belle face type of football

2 - That -1 called SiMoses doesn't start no more, neither does Musa (all pace and no brain as a winger though deadly as striker in a 3-5-2 setting)

3 - Rohr seems to av finally realised that Collins is a true calamity

4 - Yes of course, we now have the KOC!! Wicked attacking trident.
Very well said and indeed Cogent in all ramifications
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2019
ChrisKels:

Gustav is a Nigerian. In fact he is an animalia. A full time animal with a long tail that walks dangerously without jamming catastrophe. He is so much made, I presume Bkus kpokponkiosly, he once fired my coconut here. That said, his keske in here is lyka dat of a mosquito perching on the big bagco bag of Elderson Echiejile

Don't bother breaking ur head trying to comprehend that write up, he and some others already understand wink
grin grin okay na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Let Osimhen avoid the EPL totally. The favouritism there is baffling. He can go there see him benching for one English lad unfairly.
I don't see any English boy benching osihmen... His style and attitude is not benchable on the long run.... Play him and he would score and assist...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Eartquake1:

The NFF didn't go for them when they were playing in the Maltese 5th division angry

Now it's very hard to get them cry

cry

grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2019
seankafor:
nothing still spoil bro.

We go still win them tomorrow and bounce out same night tomorrow.
Lesotho isn't any threat at all
Indeed LESOTHO turned out to never be a threat after all.

Thus leaving ROHR to create an away success record with 4 premium goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The amazing thing about the team is that 70% of the players are under the age of 24.

Another one is the rich depth of talented uncapped players (from the home front and those born abroad) who praying and hoping to get a chance to fight for a place in the team.

I know one or two boys are yet to be discovered oooo, with all the names we mention here, eze, okereke, ejuke, that Sparta prsgue boy that played against Inter, Denis, those German boys, the return of ebuehi, (not popular choice) but nacho is still there and who knows can improve.... Not forgetting one small boy that will break out from the u17, u20, u 23 etc.... And all are stills u23years of age....

I don't think I have witnessed so much good young players available for the Eagles... We must rule with this team.... Chuckwueze, osihmen, kalu, ndidi, aribo etc would be the envy of every African national team... Countries would think we have a good scouting network and development program, not knowing say na swear and wahray tactics we dey use manage ourselves... Lol...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Honestly speaking. It's high time someone else breaks that age-long Talismans' record.

Yeah. Both defeats were in AFCON 2019 and thus the reason for our being 3rd best team
Our team is better than that Tunisia team. We defeat them in the AFCON i don't know why we have not leapfrog them in FIFA ranking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:09am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
If you follow united and Rashford closely you will notice that the English man is unplayable when deployed wide, even united's coaches know this fact.

It's not about sentiment but what brings in the desired results. United re in dire need of quality and won't bench a striker who will guareentee the team atleast 15 goals a season because of mere sentiment

gbam...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:
Thank Goodness!

I have been unbanned already. So I wouldn't have to wait for a further 24 hours! following my initial predicament few hours to

NIGERIA vs LESOTHO encounter.

Good morning everyone in here.

cc
Koboko99c
Odunayaw

Welcome back. I knew there was something wrong when I didn't see you here during the match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
chucs:
For me, I would say that the Vardy = Kelechi analogy is not the right example. KC lost form and has since dropped down the pecking orders and Vardy has ever been in hot form.

For me, I would like Osimhen to turn up for Beyern. I think he will do well and have a better chance to become a regular if he continues working hard.

Just like someone also stated earlier, I think Italian league fits him. There are lots of technically sound teams that play great football over there. He should run far away from England to avoid his career stalling.

I believe so too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
Eartquake1:

How can one person be as tall as strong and as fast as Haarland

That guy is a specimen, I can't remember another person in football who has all that attributes

I think a younger ibrahimovic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Belgian First Division A club KV Oostende inform via their official website that they have re-signed Nigeria international Joseph Akpala for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season with an option for next season.

The experienced striker has returned to KV Oostende following his release by Saudi Pro League side Al-Faisaly in February 2019.

Akpala racked up 97 appearances for KV Oostende in his earlier spell with the club from 2015 to 2018, scoring 20 goals and had six assists to his name.

A product of Bendel Insurance, he lists Sporting Charleroi, Club Brugge, Werder Bremen and Kardemir Karabukspor among his former clubs.

A division lower, KVC Westerlo have confirmed that they have ended their collaboration with retired Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike.

The Belgian First Division B team explained that they mutually agreed to part ways with the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer because he could not be brought to the level that both parties had intended.

In five outings for KVC Westerlo in the league, Emenike failed to register his name on the scoresheet.

Chai, one if the visiting professors in the Faculty of Carpentry. How could I have forgotten
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
liverpool owners don't know anything but got it right by hiring kloop and allowing him to make decisions when it comes to players recruitment.

kloop single handedly transformed liverpool and made the right choices when bringing in players.

he signed robertson from hull

salah from roma when no big team were willing to have him after flopping at chelsea.

brought in matip and firmino from germany on a cheaper price when compared to today's market

graduated and gave arnaut a chance in the first team

brought in mane for a decent price from southampton.

brought in ox from arsenal on a good price

the only player that cost him much was van dijk and currently they are reaping the fruits

liverpool and kloop got their recruitment right for the past 2 seasons which is the main reason the team is among the best in europe currently

Your head dey there this morning bro. Ride on Jo.

I think that is also the issue with Chelsea for now because i don't think Chelsea's owner would have allowed another coach use young players in the first team. He believed in signing already established players but its like lampard insisted on developing young talents and gave the likes of Tammy, Hudson odoi etc a chance and now they are reaping the benefits

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:59am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
The only player that I think will reach that milestone if he continues with his current form is oshimeh. He is just 21 and can still have up to 10 more years in the team if he remains in top shape.

I once thought nacho will achieve that but it seem impossible for now

That's why Osimhen needs to keep his head down and shut out all the hype from the media and fans alike. Also stay off Naija women or get married if he can't hold himself

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:01am On Nov 19, 2019
ChrisKels:
Compare this to our 2019 stats where we lost to the likes of Madagascar wink

Some carpenters were responsible for our result.

Something tells me that we may be grouped with Algeria/Tunisia again for the World cup qualifiers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:02am On Nov 19, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

.....Because he is the only no.10 we have...

Aribo is also a 10. Like I said earlier we need reinforcements for every area of this team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Okay but certainly not a NIGERIAN either because for my little stay in here already, Gustav85 has been more or less a Troll to the SUPER EAGLES undoubtedly

You can't be too sure.

Afobear is also a known troll yet he is a proper Igbo guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
Our team is better than that Tunisia team. We defeat them in the AFCON i don't know why we have not leapfrog them in FIFA ranking.
Yes it's because the accumulated points for NIGERIA in FIFA grade A Matches Post TUNISIA and AFCON hasn't been significant enough to have over taken them seriously.

For example, Our Post EGYPT 2019 AFCON Matches against BRAZIL and UKRAINE could only fetch us just 2 points following the 1:1 & 2:2 Draws respectively.

Hence our accumulation of FIFA'S 1481 points in total against TUNISIA's 1495 points as at 24/10/2019 - The 14 points margin -wouldn't be over-turned soonest

Because an additional 6 points from NIGERIA vs BENIN REPUBLIC & LESOTHO individually is not enough to do so bearing in mind that TUNISIA has also garnered 3 points already against LIBYA after a 4:1 Victory on November 15th

While also having the potential of another 3 or 1 point later today when they take on EQUATORIAL GUINEA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

You can't be too sure.

Afobear is also a known troll yet he is a proper Igbo guy
Yes Chriskel had already pointed out that to me as well.

Thanks all the same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

I think a younger ibrahimovic

Younger Ibrahimovic was not as fast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2019
Waiting for FIFA rankings..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2019
Is this really true?? Man Yak was a beast Sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Odunayaw:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LMCNPFL/status/1196172983607480321/video/1

cc: Kbs468
Very impressive turn out indeed and it further affirm our previous claim of the Northern local clubs supportership supremacy over the southern Nigeria's display accordingly.

I want to believe though that that massive turn out had to do with the absence of the NIGERIA'S SUPER EAGLES' live telecast dissappointment on the indigenous Media outlets Sha.

Credit must also go to DrLikita12 as well because she had already posted a screenshot of the massive experience here too upon which I couldn't reply immediately following my predicament back then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2019
Eartquake1:
Even if it comes out in the next 5 months, NIGERIA would still remain 3rd in AFRICA because as at present, 11 points is the gap with TUNISIA having a game in hand today.

All in all, TUNISIA needs to lose 4 consecutive matches with NIGERIA winning its before we can upstage them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingkufun2018: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2019
Eartquake1:

Because we beat Lesotho and Benin Republic.
When you even drew with Almighty Brazil and Ukraine, you even slipped.
Nothing will change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 9:53am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning all.
I've learnt there is an NFF fraud case currently going on live at Human Rights radio (Brekete family Radio - otherwise known as Hembelembe)

- Emmanuel Babayaro & One other NFF official (don't know whether he is a past or current official) came to lay a serious case of fraud against NFF with a full load of weighty evidence. Please can somebody tune in... 101.1 FM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eligreat247: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2019
Eligreat247:
Good morning all.
I've learnt there is an NFF fraud case currently going on live at Human Rights radio (Brekete family Radio - otherwise known as Hembelembe)

- Emmanuel Babayaro & One other NFF official (don't know whether he is a past or current official) came to lay a serious case of fraud against NFF with a full load of weighty evidence. Please can somebody tune in... 101.1 FM.

Unfortunately there's no time but they have promised to start the case afresh tomorrow (the program starts 7:40am - 10:00am monday-friday).....
Its going to be a full fledged case, so many people are going to be invited. The ordinary President also promised to bring CAF & FIFA into the case.
Please lets get tuned and know what is really going on in the glass house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Eligreat247:
Good morning all.

babayaro and his cohorts can shove the fraud case and evidence over their black asses angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2019
seankafor:
babayaro and his cohorts can shove the fraud case and evidence over their black asses angry

Guy calm down.

Its something that we should all tune in to if true.

It affects Naija football and I hope those involved get what's coming to them. If Pinnick will be sacked as a result, then I hope it happens like that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Guy calm down.

Its something that we should all tune in to if true.

It affects Naija football and I hope those involved get what's coming to them. If Pinnick will be sacked as a result, then I hope it happens like that
oga pinnick no dey go anywhere.
You can take that to the bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (7716) (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.