Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12001420 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) (7723) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes it's because the accumulated points for NIGERIA in FIFA grade A Matches Post TUNISIA and AFCON hasn't been significant enough to have over taken them seriously.

For example, Our Post EGYPT 2019 AFCON Matches against BRAZIL and UKRAINE could only fetch us just 2 points following the 1:1 & 2:2 Draws respectively.

Hence our accumulation of FIFA'S 1481 points in total against TUNISIA's 1495 points as at 24/10/2019 - The 14 points margin -wouldn't be over-turned soonest

Because an additional 6 points from NIGERIA vs BENIN REPUBLIC & LESOTHO individually is not enough to do so bearing in mind that TUNISIA has also garnered 3 points already against LIBYA after a 4:1 Victory on November 15th

While also having the potential of another 3 or 1 point later today when they take on EQUATORIAL GUINEA
Well! I believe these is how you understand the FIFA ranking to be and you are not the only one. When we defeated Argentina everybody was happy and we where hoping that we will move up ward, of course we did move up ward but not as we expected some people where kind of been inquisitive that's when icon4 brought up this same analogy with a formular which FIFA use. You can check the website if the formular is still there because the Last time i did it was still there.

But my concern is that these systems don't apply to big teams when there play smaller teams. When we participated in the last AFCON we played seven matches won five lose two if you do the maths our point would have been 9 taking consideration of the two lost but at the end of the tournament we gain more than twenty points so is kind of confusing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
liverpool owners don't know anything but got it right by hiring kloop and allowing him to make decisions when it comes to players recruitment.

kloop single handedly transformed liverpool and made the right choices when bringing in players.

he signed robertson from hull

salah from roma when no big team were willing to have him after flopping at chelsea.

brought in matip and firmino from germany on a cheaper price when compared to today's market

graduated and gave arnaut a chance in the first team

brought in mane for a decent price from southampton.

brought in ox from arsenal on a good price

the only player that cost him much was van dijk and currently they are reaping the fruits

liverpool and kloop got their recruitment right for the past 2 seasons which is the main reason the team is among the best in europe currently

Firmino??

Thought that was Rodgers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2019
seankafor:
oga pinnick no dey go anywhere.
You can take that to the bank

How sure are you?

If FIFA insists, then Naija may have no choice unless we want to be banned from FIFA sporting activities......I think its possible though. Those guys haven't really helped our football (NFF)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2019
ILLICITblood:

Firmino??

Thought that was Rodgers

No

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
Well! I believe these is how you understand the FIFA ranking to be and you are not the only one. When we defeated Argentina everybody was happy and we where hoping that we will move up ward, of course we did move up ward but not as we expected some people where kind of been inquisitive that's when icon4 brought up this same analogy with a formular which FIFA use. You can check the website if the formular is still there because the Last time i did it was still there.

But my concern is that these systems don't apply to big teams when there play smaller teams. When we participated in the last AFCON we played seven matches won five lose two if you do the maths our point would have been 9 taking consideration of the two lost but at the end of the tournament we gain more than twenty points so is kind of confusing

Yes ooo my brother.

FIFA should be more open to the general public how they calculate their points and determine their rankings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Osimhen's Super Eagles games

Ref: https://www.transfermarkt.com/victor-osimhen/nationalmannschaft/spieler/401923/verein_id/3444

June 1, 2017- Nigeria 3-0 Togo: Played 45 mins.

June 10, 2017- Nigeria 0-2 South Africa: Played 5 mins.

Nov.20, 2018- Nigeria 0-0 Uganda: Played 45 mins. (This was also Chukwueze's debut game).

July 17, 2019- Nigeria 1-0 Tunisia: Played 45 mins.

Sept.10, 2019- Ukraine 2-2 Nigeria: Played 90 mins, Scored a goal (his first senior NT goal)

Oct.13, 2019- Brazil 1-1 Nigeria: Played 74 mins.

Nov.13, 2019- Nigeria 2-1 Benin Republic: Played 86 mins, Scored a goal.

Nov.17, 2019- Lesotho 2-4 Nigeria: Played 90mins, Scored Two and assisted Two.

Summary- 8 caps, 5 starts, 3 sub appearances, 4 goals, 2 assists.

Cc Andrewbaba44.

I think Wikipedia miscalculated.

Wikipedia actually calculated VICTOR OSIMHEN's International Caps correctly as 9 but failed in it Matches breakdown report as can be seen below...........(Later)

Because Wikipedia failed to report OSIMHEN's participation in both of the NIGERIA vs SOUTH AFRICA & NIGERIA vs ZIMBABWE friendlies and that would have been 7 in total as against the 9 being documented.......

Wrongly again, OSIMHEN's participation in the U 23 game vs LIBYA U 23 return leg Qualifiers where he scored a hat trick following his drafting from the SUPER EAGLES (after trailing 2:0 in the first leg) was equally recorded as part of his CAP rankings which shouldn't have been the case.

In the end, it should have been 8 by their records-The penultimate statement above not withstanding- But it wasn't the case. Instead, 9 was acknowledged.

Likewise, Transfer markt also failed to register His game against ZIMBABWE from the above and thus correct with their 8 Matches documentation but Completely Wrong in genuity.

In general, I personally rates Our Players (SUPER EAGLES Players) based on their overall output on the field of play as witnessed by myself rather than relying on some perceived stats though because

1. Statistics/data being supplied are prone or subject to errors

2. Some players have proven time without number to be superbly better off with the SUPER EAGLES than the weekly Club outings (for those seeing game time) already in terms of output even with the limited Matches at the international level as against Club career opportunities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Wikipedia actually calculated VICTOR OSIMHEN's International Caps correctly as 9 but failed in it Matches breakdown report as can be seen below...........(Later)

Because Wikipedia failed to report OSIMHEN's participation in both of the NIGERIA vs SOUTH AFRICA & NIGERIA vs ZIMBABWE friendlies and that would have been 7 in total as against the 9 being documented.......

Wrongly again, OSIMHEN's participation in the U 23 game vs LIBYA U 23 return leg Qualifiers where he scored a hat trick following his drafting from the SUPER EAGLES (after trailing 2:0 in the first leg) was equally recorded as part of his CAP rankings which shouldn't have been the case.

In the end, it should have been 8 by their records-The penultimate statement above not withstanding- But it wasn't the case. Instead, 9 was acknowledged.

Likewise, Transfer markt also failed to register His game against ZIMBABWE from the above and thus correct with their 8 Matches documentation but Completely Wrong in genuity.

In general, I personally rates Our Players (SUPER EAGLES Players) based on their overall output on the field of play as witnessed by myself rather than relying on some perceived stats though because

1. Statistics/data being supplied are prone or subject to errors

2. Some players have proven time without number to be superbly better off with the SUPER EAGLES than the weekly Club outings (for those seeing game time) already in terms of output even with the limited Matches at the international level as against Club career opportunities.

Osimhen was named to the squad of the Nigeria under-17 team that won the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile, where Osimhen won the Golden Boot and Silver Ball awards.[23][24] His performances also earned him the CAF Youth Player of the Year award in 2015.[25] Osimhen made his senior debut for Nigeria in a 3–0 friendly win over Togo on 1 June 2017.[26]

Osimhen missed out on Nigeria's 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign after his inconsistent season at Wolfsburg.[15] Following a successful start to his loan spell at Charleroi, he was recalled by Gernot Rohr for the November 2018 international break,[27] starting their friendly win over Uganda.[17]

In March 2019, Osimhen was released from the Super Eagles squad to represent the Nigerian U23 side as they were two goals down against their Libyan opponent. He scored three goals in the return match against Libya in Asaba.[28]

Osimhen was listed in coach Gernot Rohr's 25-man provisional list for 2019 Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Egypt[29] and was further listed in the final list for the tournament.[30][31] In the match for third place, he replaced the injured Odion Ighalo at half-time in the team's 1–0 victory over Tunisia.[32] He played a total of 45 mins at the tournament[33]

On 14 August 2019, the coach of the Nigerian National Team, Gernot Rohr, invited Osimhen for a friendly against Ukraine, that was played on 10 September 2019 in Dnipro Arena, Ukraine which ended in a 2-2 draw.[34] He was also included in the Super Eagles team to face Brazil in a friendly match in Singapore on 13 October 2019. [35]

Career statistics from Wikipedia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
ChrisKels:

Gustav is a Nigerian. In fact he is an animalia. A full time animal with a long tail that walks dangerously without jamming catastrophe. He is so much made, I presume Bkus kpokponkiosly, he once fired my coconut here. That said, his keske in here is lyka dat of a mosquito perching on the big bagco bag of Elderson Echiejile

Don't bother breaking ur head trying to comprehend that write up, he and some others already understand wink

You are not karid and may you stumble not on a biankaful okpeke. May all walk and shine. Any calculated attempt on the godamus, the gods are oxygen. I have deposited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he is likely to join man utd. current man united boss was his coach in norway and both have a good relationship. halland snr was spotted at carington few hours ago. the plan is to sign him hopefully in january but he will complete the season on loan at salzburg

Erling Haaland: "The Champions League anthem is my alarm tone. I wake up to it everyday. It's the last song I'll get tired of."

And Manchester United fans really think he's going to come to them and change his alarm tone to Europa League's anthem.
grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

Erling Haaland: "The Champions League anthem is my alarm tone. I wake up to it everyday. It's the last song I'll get tired of."

And Manchester United fans really think he's going to come to them and change his alarm tone to Europa League's anthem.
grin

grin grin grin
You're a mad man bro grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Some carpenters were responsible for our result.

Something tells me that we may be grouped with Algeria/Tunisia again for the World cup qualifiers
We can't, we'll be in pot 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:46am On Nov 19, 2019
Kingkufun2018:

Because we beat Lesotho and Benin Republic.
When you even drew with Almighty Brazil and Ukraine, you even slipped.
Nothing will change.
We slipped because we lost to Togo twice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Some carpenters were responsible for our result.

Something tells me that we may be grouped with Algeria/Tunisia again for the World cup qualifiers

That won't happen because Algeria and Tunisia will most likely be in the same pot with Nigeria before the draw unless they fall out of the top 10 in the FIFA ranking (Africa)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:
please when is the draw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:

Okay, that's true. My bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
please when is the draw.

Yea, you're right. My mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes it's because the accumulated points for NIGERIA in FIFA grade A Matches Post TUNISIA and AFCON hasn't been significant enough to have over taken them seriously.

For example, Our Post EGYPT 2019 AFCON Matches against BRAZIL and UKRAINE could only fetch us just 2 points following the 1:1 & 2:2 Draws respectively.

Hence our accumulation of FIFA'S 1481 points in total against TUNISIA's 1495 points as at 24/10/2019 - The 14 points margin -wouldn't be over-turned soonest

Because an additional 6 points from NIGERIA vs BENIN REPUBLIC & LESOTHO individually is not enough to do so bearing in mind that TUNISIA has also garnered 3 points already against LIBYA after a 4:1 Victory on November 15th

While also having the potential of another 3 or 1 point later today when they take on EQUATORIAL GUINEA

FIFA ranking points aren't generated like that o... no b 3 points for a win and 1 for a loss like normal football match...
Friendly matches carry less weight than competitive games and organised tournaments.. the strength of the team we face also matter...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:
We slipped because we lost to Togo twice

Exactly.. The CHAN and WAFU result affected our ranking point..

I'm glad we didn't qualify for the CHAN...It would have done further damage ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Don't worry, we will post the list of the current students and alumni
Onyedinma na Alumni too o

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

How sure are you?

If FIFA insists, then Naija may have no choice unless we want to be banned from FIFA sporting activities......I think its possible though. Those guys haven't really helped our football (NFF)

If Pinnick and NFF is not helping our football who is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Yea, you're right. My mistake
you quoted the wrong person, check well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

FIFA ranking points aren't generated like that o... no b 3 points for a win and 1 for a loss like normal football match...
Friendly matches carry less weight than competitive games and organised tournaments.. the strength of the team we face also matter...
I tell you, teams in top ten should be our target. If we can win two teams in top ten we should be in top 20 no exaggeration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamous08: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
I tell you, teams in top ten should be our target. If we can win two teams in top ten we should be in top 20 no exaggeration.
D problem.is dat will dey wanna play against us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:24am On Nov 19, 2019
kellycute:
Solanke your exceptional talent don't even know the location of goalpost. 1 goal in 5 seasons. Check attached file for your painment grin grin grin
Solanke the vice chancellor of the school of carpentry... Bournemouth campus. UNITED KINGDOM

Where did you get this information from?

Solanke began his professional career in the Eredivise 4 seasons ago. This is third season in professional football. I don't know where you got that information from.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2019
edi287:

Valbuena had a sextape that somehow got in the hands of some dude who Benzema happens to know.
Benzema informed Valbuena of it and tried to play "middle man" but apparently it seemed like Benzema was working with the guy to blackmail him.
Benz got suspended, courts cleared him but he insulted Deschamps and said he was racist or something...so FFF said he'd never play for French National team again.

when u re big u re big,blacklisting a whole Madrid no 9 from the national team just like that,which year will Nigeria be as big as this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2019
phamous08:

well!! Difficult to say, Germany systematically turn us down. Let's just keep doing what we are doing, if we can move to at least top 20 to 25 maybe there will consider us. Don't forget we just played Brazil off recent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
you quoted the wrong person, check well.

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2019
Osimhen hadn't kicked a ball in professional football because 1. he was getting back from injury and 2. he was signed by wolfsburg before he turned 18 on a pre-contract. it was when he turned 18 he signed a full professional contract with wolfsburg and became eligible to play first team football. like i said before he was invited as a youth prospect on the back of exceptional performances for junior teams which is not unusual considering that the tanzania game was more or less a competitive friendly plus he didn't even make the final squad for the match so where is the controversy?

now he played only two bundesliga matches before it was he didn't play any game before south african match good we are making progress

ogbeni etoo and walcott didn't do jack robinson before they were taken to world cup. not friendly o! or qualifying match o! a whole world cup where you take the best of your best. i'm very sure if rohr had taken kelechi nwakali to last year's world cup based on your excuse for etoo and walcott nairaland would have crashed that day from your incessant whining and gnashing of teeth

forgiveness:

Osimhen didn't kick a ball in professional football before he was called to the National team against Tanzania. Whereas, Eto and Walcott already did before they were called to the National team. So, don't compare.

Osimhen only played two matches in the Bundesliga before he was called the second time. He played against Togo in a friendly before he later played against South Africa.

Osimhen never deserved to be called as at that time because he did nothing to deserve it after just two games all seasons.

You think goals is what makes some players exceptional? Eto's performance earned him a loan from La Liga 2 to a La Liga team. African for that matter. Maybe you were not aware.

What did Osimhen do then? Absolutely nothing. EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:50am On Nov 19, 2019
phamous08:

Why not.

Considering our performance against Ukraine (they top their table for Euro 2020 Qualif) and Brazil (Copa America champ), all teams would. Trust me....unless they ate cowards and are scared we may upset them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2019
Eartquake1:

If Pinnick and NFF is not helping our football who is?

I don't want to belief that we don't have abGod fearing administrator in the whole country even if its to lift him from a grassroot local government sport admin. That's the truth bro.....there are people but evil doesn't want good. But light will still shine and darkness would be chased away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
actually Doc aina has two assists. you forgot the sexy back heel pass he gave ighalo for his goal against burundi at this years afcon

TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Stats Report...

Most goal contributions for the Super Eagles Post AFCON2019(The post Mikel/Post Ighalo era):

Victor Osimhen - 4 goals, 2 assists.
Alex Iwobi - 1 goal, 2 assists.
Joe Aribo - 2 goals.
Samuel Chukwueze - 1 goal.
Samuel Kalu - 1 goal. (If winning a penalty is considered an assist, he would be on 1 assist too)
Moses Simon - 1 assist.
Ramon Azeez - 1 assist.
Ola Aina - 1 assist. (If winning a penalty is considered an assist, he would be on 2 assists).

Clutch.

Courtesy: OptaSuperEagles.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7717) (7718) (7719) (7720) (7721) (7722) (7723) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.