Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,943 members, 7,873,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11989033 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) (8070) ... (16392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:51am On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:
Just heard that Pellegrini was fired by West Ham after yesterday's loss to Leicester. Very sad undecided

However, I was in a viewing centre today and a fierce argument erupted about who was the better DM overall; Fabinho or Ndidi?

No side capitulated and the summary of it all was this; Fabinho is a better DM at initiating the attack after winning the ball but Ndidi was better at breaking up play/winning the ball than Fabinho.

What do you guys think?

CX theaupernerd, chriskels, charlesemeka, andrewbaba44, icon4s, tbaba1234, Chrisoblog, komekn, forgiveness, Mujtahida, thegoodjoe, bascovanveli, eartquake1 et al
this could be tricky based on who 1 prefers but judging strictly on overall performance and stats Wilfred edges fab but there's good argument for why fab might be better than ndidi based on better passing numbers and overall midfield control. However I would naturally prefer the Nigerian player until fab does something extra special that will clearly show him ahead of ndidi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:
Just heard that Pellegrini was fired by West Ham after yesterday's loss to Leicester. Very sad undecided

However, I was in a viewing centre today and a fierce argument erupted about who was the better DM overall; Fabinho or Ndidi?

No side capitulated and the summary of it all was this; Fabinho is a better DM at initiating the attack after winning the ball but Ndidi was better at breaking up play/winning the ball than Fabinho.

What do you guys think?

CX theaupernerd, chriskels, charlesemeka, andrewbaba44, icon4s, tbaba1234, Chrisoblog, komekn, forgiveness, Mujtahida, thegoodjoe, bascovanveli, eartquake1 et al

Different coaches have different playing philosophies. Just also like different teams have different playing philosophies. And then also different coaches adopt different tactics based on the strength of their opponents. So any of the two can fit in well depending on a mixture of different things that come to play.

I would love to have both players in my team. Ndidi is better than Fabinho defensively but Fabinho might edge Ndidi in terms of creativity.

But overall I will pick an Ndidi kind of DM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf BTW how far with your man "Pepe".

The 8 more matches u gave him has elapsed o. grin grin grin

Now what is your verdict?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2019
Icon4s:

Pepe just lacks confidence.

I'm not a gunners fan but I think you people should be patient with him. With Arteta in charge, I feel his fortunes will turn around

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:

What do you guys think?

Like Icon4s rightly said,it depends on the philosophy of the coach ... U know Liverpool had the chance to sign Ndidi last year based on the fans wish after his superb performance against us at the King's power stadium (also in 2017) but Klopp opted for Fabinho because he is a better distributor of the ball and more creative..

I think Ndidi is more suited for a team that plays counter attacking football which will require them to win back possession while Fabinho suits a team like Liverpool that's good at keeping possession of the ball..

But judging from their stat over the past 2 seasons,Ndidi clearly has an edge over him.. but Fabinho gets more attention and accolades because he plays for Liverpool.. The more reason why Ndidi should leave Leicester....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2019
Icon4s:

Adaptation and confidence...

He needs frequent starts like Ozil....

Im even fed up of his bench role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Danielnino00:

Like Icon4s rightly said,it depends on the philosophy of the coach ... U know Liverpool had the chance to sign Ndidi last year based on the fans wish after his superb performance against us at the King's power stadium (also in 2017) but Klopp opted for Fabinho because he is a better distributor of the ball and more creative..

I think Ndidi is more suited for a team that plays counter attacking football which will require them to win back possession while Fabinho suits a team like Liverpool that's good at keeping possession of the ball..

But judging from their stat over the past 2 seasons,Ndidi clearly has an edge over him
. but Fabinho gets more attention and accolades because he plays for Liverpool.. The more reason why Ndidi should leave Leicester....
Is this not contradicting?

Ndidi will surely have better stats because he plays for a team that set up to counter why Fabinho plays for a team that dominates possession against most teams. This doesn't means Ndidi is better defensively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 11:33am On Dec 30, 2019
Danielnino00:

But judging from their stat over the past 2 seasons,Ndidi clearly has an edge over him.. but Fabinho gets more attention and accolades because he plays for Liverpool.. The more reason why Ndidi should leave Leicester....

even while fabinho was at Monaco he had more attention than Ndidi .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
Danielnino00:

True facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
daveP:
Adaptation and confidence...

He needs frequent starts like Ozil....

Im even fed up of his bench role.

Wetin e take him frequent starts go when season begin ?

I still dey observe sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

He has more attention due to monaco form in the champions league and they reached the semi final ,so what do you expect?

Almost all Monaco players had attention then from sidibe Mendy bakayoko mbappe and some few others ,a Brazilian is expected to have more attention than a Nigeria and monaco is a bigger club than Leicester

Should I even remind you that they won the league ahead of a star studded psg ? Something that’s hardly done in ligue1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Wetin e take him frequent starts go when season begin ?

I still dey observe sha
hen where and how? Just Europa league trails.... Nothing frequent for epl appearances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
daveP:
hen where and how? Just Europa league trails.... Nothing frequent for epl appearances.

Is this not someone that started his first 7/8 arsenal games ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bros ehm Bomboclap

andrewbaba44:

Is this not someone that started his first 7/8 arsenal games ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
I have been saying this since like ever
Ndidi must leave Leicester if he wants to improve on his weak points and Liverpool is the right place for him, same applies to Chuks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
oloriooko:
I have been saying this since like ever
Ndidi must leave Leicester if he wants to improve on his weak points and Liverpool is the right place for him, same applies to Chuks

leave Leicester to Liverpool and catch bench sheyy..... Liverpool can't play ndidi week in week out as Leicester does.

take a look at halland , he never considered the juicy offers man united and juventus were offering him ,instead he choose Dortmund to continue his development

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

Monaco is much bigger than Leicester na..

Again,the Monaco team of 2016/2017 season had some very mad talents... Mbappe,Bernardo Silva,Thomas Lemar,Benjamin Mendy, Bakayoko..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

leave Leicester to Liverpool and catch bench sheyy..... Liverpool can't play ndidi week in week out as Leicester does.

take a look at halland , he never considered the juicy offers man united and juventus were offering him ,instead he choose Dortmund to continue his development

Haaland should be starting at man united unless ole wanna be bias

As for juventus only few world class strikers will start there for now and haaland is not among them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
andrewbaba44:

As for juventus only few world class strikers will start there for now and haaland is not among them

halland starting at united is a probability, remember the coach let go lukaku to give space to people he trust, also remember there is a greenwood roaming about .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bordeaux striker Josh Maja is on Everton's radar.

The Mirror says Everton have reportedly sent scouts to watch striker Josh Maja.

The 21-year-old is enjoying a decent season in France with Bordeaux.

Maja came through the ranks at Sunderland before leaving the club in January this year.

The striker, who has been in France since January when he left Sunderland, has managed six goals in 17 matches this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Dortmund has signed Haaland.

Its not a possibility again till further notice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

I don't need an Ndidi at Liverpool again. But chukwueze won't be bad. However, I know that Chuks won't come to Liverpool. His buy out clause is too steep. If we can get Minamino for just 7.25m euros, how can a lesser player go for 100m euros. Is it not a joke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:

Dortmund has signed Haaland.

Its not a possibility again till further notice

Haba, i know they dortmund has signed him nah, who no no dat 1

I was saying that if he signed for united then he should be starting there also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Christology:

halland starting at united is a probability, remember the coach let go lukaku to give space to people he trust, also remember there is a greenwood roaming about .

Thats why i said bias

Lukaku is better than the players he trusted

He want lukaku to be playing from the flanks instead of rashford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:

I don't need an Ndidi at Liverpool again. But chukwueze won't be bad. However, I know that Chuks won't come to Liverpool. His buy out clause is too steep. If we can get Minamino for just 7.25m euros, how can a lesser player go for 100m euros. Is it not a joke?

Not all players buy out clause must be paid before he can be gotten, dem put chuks 100 million no mean say dem go buy am that amount, i can give you list of players that where sold for fees not up to their buy out clause, so leave that buyout clause matter as its just used to scare away suitors

What makes you think chuks is a lesser player than minamino? So because he did well against liverpool in the champions league abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Bordeaux striker Josh Maja is on Everton's radar.

The Mirror says Everton have reportedly sent scouts to watch striker Josh Maja.

The 21-year-old is enjoying a decent season in France with Bordeaux.

Maja came through the ranks at Sunderland before leaving the club in January this year.

The striker, who has been in France since January when he left Sunderland, has managed six goals in 17 matches this season

E go chop bench for everton

E 2 sure for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Not all players buy out clause must be paid before he can be gotten, dem put chuks 100 million no mean say dem go buy am that amount, i can give you list of players that where sold for fees not up to their buy out clause, so leave that buyout clause matter as its just used to scare away suitors

What makes you think chuks is a lesser player than minamino? So because he did well against liverpool in the champions league abi?

Look at their stats. Also, Minamino is a better finisher
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Life is all about risk taking, for sure he will not play every week but he will train with world class players that will bring the best out of him and challenge him to improve and grow faster. Leicester is an average team and he cannot grow beyond the team.
If Ndidi is the best defensive midfielder in the EPL then he's qualified to be in the top 4 teams not Leicester
Christology:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
oloriooko:
Life is all about risk taking, for sure he will not play every week but he will train with world class players that will bring the best out of him and challenge him to improve and grow faster. Leicester is an average team and he cannot grow beyond the team.
If Ndidi is the best defensive midfielder in the EPL then he's qualified to be in the top 4 teams not Leicester

Bro the top 4 thing has become blurry. Apart from Liverpool and Man City, no other team is sure of top 4 these days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Playing time is better than training time

Enough said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:

Look at their stats. Also, Minamino is a better finisher

Minamino got better stats thou

Dont compare austria league and laliga ooo

Chuks might even do better there self who knows, or is it not the same austrian league olanrewaju Kayode was Cr7 there?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Blueelf:

Bro the top 4 thing has become blurry. Apart from Liverpool and Man City, no other team is sure of top 4 these days

Agreed

Just as laliga used to be before diego simeone ATM joined the big boys

After Barcelona and Madrid these are the teams that do make the champions league on different occasion

Villareal, real betis, valencia, sevilla, bilbao,sociedad, malaga also, i remember when they played Dortmund in the quarter finals of the champions league

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) (8070) ... (16392) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), viciati(m), Toylove and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.