Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,955 members, 7,896,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12123725 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8744) (8745) (8746) (8747) (8748) (8749) (8750) ... (16449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Iheanacho in with 8 Mins to go.
According to stats, the game should not finish 0-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
IDENNAA:

Our interest in Nwakali arose from the fact that very few Nigerian players can man that attacking midfield position we so much needed. The thing with Nwakali is not preferential treatment by based on demand for an AM. Since, Okocha retired and Mikel couldnt fill in our games suffered because we dont have that natural midfield orchestrator.

However, in Nwakali we have not just a natural AM but a really gifted one, at that. Therefore, we campaigned vigorously for him to get playing time and take his rightful spot in the team. Meanwhile, the boy still have time and only time will tell how long he can keep his admirers waiting. As much as I want to see him excel and ignore all the people accusing him of laziness I am also running out of patience.

I am getting tired but i will wait from now till august 2021 when next season will be over. I beleive he will make it but he needs to work hard. If after august 2021 he doesnt improve i might loose hope
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Okay, that's that on Igbekeme then. You cannot show me the unique thing he brings. So this talk of him is just a distraction from a simple news post on Nwakali's return. Simple.

Meanwhile you are really telling me then that a return to football for K.Nwakali at his new side, Huesca does not deserve a mention on this thread. Wow.
And it is nothing special to you b'cos you have always insulted the lad so it's no surprise. But to Super Eagles Media Officer, it was something. He couldn't even hide his Joy. And to Rohr, he also took notice and was glad.

But you now saying that a Nigerian player who has been working hard to return to the pitch does not deserve a mention when he finally gets his debut after efforts on his part to revive his career at his new side, is quite warped. Is this no longer the Thread for Super Eagles and Nigerian players home and abroad? Hmmm....interesting.

to you and ur likes its a wonderful news but to me it doesnt deserve a mention because i have my eyes and mind on other players who mean business and have something to offer the current super eagles not a player whos developmemt stunted since he left for europe.

Mind u i once had high hope on nwakali but was left dissappointed especially when ue couldnt cut it at lowly rated vv venlo. He moved to porto B in the portuguese 2nd tier an still couldnt maintain a place in their starting 11.

I saw him at the last afcon u23 team where he looked washed off to me for with all the reasons stated above i hv no reason to still keep hope on him to become what i thought yrs back that he will be. The chances is still there but time waits for no one especially in nigeria football where talenta emerges on a regular basis.

Be monitoring and having high hopes on nwakali while i concentrate on the likes of aribo, iwobi, ejaria and others hahahhahhha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
Olulong:

How??.

He's clearly moving to one of Belgium's big club and will most likely play European Football and will clearly go there and become the 1st choice striker, abi na because of Onuachu you no want make he go there

Oga na step down abeg

Upon all the noise and the potential about dessers na genk e wan join? odey didnt do much to get a move to genk, let alone someone who is the top scorer in the dutch league and he is already 25 for that matter

Lol you said if its because of onauchu, when both of them are naija players? you think i am the type who pick a favorite player i prefer?

Go and check where most of the top scorers in the dutch league ended up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Iheanacho in with 8 Mins to go.

According to stats, the game should not finish 0-0.

Well Chilwell gets it. Iheanacho hasn't been sharp.

Osimhen to Napoli now finalised, Gazzetto one of Italy's most reliable. They also claim they've gotten Gabriel Magalhaes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Oga na step down abeg

Upon all the noise and the potential about dessers na genk e wan join? odey didnt do much to get a move to genk, let alone someone who is the top scorer in the dutch league and he is already 25 for that matter

Lol you said if its because of onauchu, when both of them are naija players? you think i am the type who pick a favorite player i prefer?

i knw support that genk move abeg. Even i move to feyenord will be prefarable to me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
Yes. To me, to Rohr, to the team's media officer and other likes who were glad. His return is a little something at this point.

And here you go again with this same old tale. Smh.

It was just a return debut. Nothing more. Na wa ooo. Abeg too much talk will lead to more talk and I have said enough already. I rest my case here.

charlesemeka85:
to you and ur likes its a wonderful news but to me it doesnt deserve a mention because i have my eyes and mind on other players who mean business and have something to offer the current super eagles not a player whos developmemt stunted since he left for europe.

Mind u i once had high hope on nwakali but was left dissappointed especially when ue couldnt cut it at lowly rated vv venlo. He moved to porto B in the portuguese 2nd tier an still couldnt maintain a place in their starting 11.

I saw him at the last afcon u23 team where he looked washed off to me for with all the reasons stated above i hv no reason to still keep hope on him to become what i thought yrs back that he will be. The chances is still there but time waits for no one especially in nigeria football where talenta emerges on a regular basis.

Be monitoring and having high hopes on nwakali while i concentrate on the likes of aribo, iwobi, ejaria and others hahahhahhha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

There is nothing like 'a manager' when it comes to Stoke. Since Etebo joined, Stoke has changed managers 5 times.

He went injured at the beginning of his second season, this season, and found it hard to break into the new manager's team. He missed the first two games through injury, and was on the bench for the next two. In those games Stoke got only one point from a possible 12. He got a

In his team, he had the most touches, joint most shots, was the most fouled, blocked the most shots and was the second highest rated outfield player.
In the next game, he had the highest pass accuracy, Stoke still lost. He didn't start the next game but started the next.

In his fourth start Etebo had a rating of 8.45, one of the highest for that week, he didn't even score or assist, yet Stoke city lost. From then, Etebo was garnering an average rating of 7.4 per match. Two games before the the manager was sacked, Etebo picked up an injury and never got a look in.

So in short, Etebo wasn't poor, but the form of the team and uncertainty at the club was the problem.

One game doesn't make a player it's a collection of games.

I have already posted his aggregate stats at Stoke he was not in thier best 11.

Statistics are only indicative but not holistically conclusive.

I can explain what happened. His first season he was probably among the top 3 performers if not the best and highly valued above the small £6 million transfer fee. But Stoke was struggling with relegation that doesn't help your value.

He set a standard of expectation from his first season. Fast forward to 2019/20. He came back to Stoke injured from Afcon and did not have a good pre season that was the first problem.

As a consequence he was always climbing up hill and missed the opportunity to impress the new manager. And other players filled the gap.

Quality does not hide in football it is seen on the field of play. But only when you are playing.

After loosing his place, he decided, to go to La Liga it is not as competitive and he feels he can progress better thier. Under the circumstances it seems the best approach.

Also I look at this current manager as a quintessential kick and rush type manager he will not neccesarily feel Etebo fits into his football strategy. They want to survive which means technical good quality football may not be on the menu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
charlesemeka85:
i knw support that genk move abeg. Even i move to feyenord will be prefarable to me

Thank you

That’s what I am saying

If na French league self e better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
komekn:

One game doesn't make a player it's a collection of games.

I have already posted his aggregate stats at Stoke he was not in thier best 11.

Statistics are only indicative but not holistically conclusive.

I can explain what happened. His first season he was probably among the top 3 performers if not the best and highly valued above the small £6 million transfer fee. But Stoke was struggling with relegation that doesn't help your value.

He set a standard of expectation from his first season. Fast forward to 2019/20. He came back to Stoke injured from Afcon and did not have a good pre season that was the first problem.

As a consequence he was always climbing up hill and missed the opportunity to impress the new manager. And other players filled the gap.

Quality does not hide in football it is seen on the field of play. But only when you are playing.

After loosing his place, he decided, to go to La Liga it is not as competitive and he feels he can progress better thier. Under the circumstances it seems the best approach.

Also I look at this current manager as a quintessential kick and rush type manager he will not neccesarily feel Etebo fits into his football strategy. They want to survive which means technical good quality football may not be on the menu.

He made just 8 starts, his ratings for those 8 games is 7.07 on the average. But when you add his sub appearances, the ratings nosedive.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mehn, my guy Elyte. It's really a task doing this explaining over and over. But you are right. Enough has been said.

elyte89:

Nerdy..let it go..u don't av to explain ursef over and over again to "CONCLUDED MINDS" or els u will just keep explaining, well except if u no dey taya sha grin grin
We Wey read d report.. Knw say na report u just drop,it doesn't insinuate any form of praising or clamouring for his call up in eagles. cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
rabzy:
Kelechi Nwakali is a player of interest by a lot of people based on his outstanding exploits at the youth level.
When he bought a house...it was here...when he was partying around...the news came here and people slated him..when he was getting playing time in an obscure club in a backwater league...people brought it here...I have seen pictures of him doing many things not related to football in this forum....so he is a player of interest both by those who love him and those who are totally disappointed in him or don't love him....

So even a 5 seconds cameo in the next match would make the news here...if it's not by supernerd...it would be by someone else who probably wants to mock him....

So guys we are stuck with him....it is not a matter of igbekeme.if igbekeme lost form and starts playing in cyprus...it wont be discussed in 2 pages...but I can guarantee that it would take more than 10 pages discussion if it was kelechi..so it is a matter of kelechi being a player of interest and focus

Agreed without minus ➖ or plus ➕
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Crazy end to proceedings at Vicarage road. Two goals at the death.

It ends 1-1 between Watford and Leicester. Ndidi played all 90 while Nacho came on for the final 7 mins + added time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Left back at the U-23 Afcon, Stephen Godfrey Bitok starts as usual for his side Isloch in the Belarussian Top flight (called the Vysshaya Liga) vs Torpedo. 33mins already played.

He boasts 1 goal in 12 league apps from his LB position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
daveP:
I tell you. He needs to start adding shots and goals to his game o. Cos i believe the other aspects are okay to me.

I prefer his style to Etebo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ndidi body checked.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
COOL10:

That's so bad. I know Norwich isn't a rich club but paying £6000 to probably its most valuable player shows they aren't even grateful for his efforts. Makes me wonder what TF his agents have been doing.

It all has to do with the terms in his contract and how long the contract runs before an improved one is offered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kingsley Ehizibue starring at RWB today as Koln take on Frankfurt in the Bundesliga.

Also in the Bundesliga, Noah Sarenren Bazee and Felix Uduokhai are both in action for Augsburg in their away game at Fortuna Dusseldorf. Augsburg lead 1-0 Currently.

Both games have seen 13 mins played so far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
This is what they don't seem to understand. So we should just forget about him b'cos of his struggles??!! I bet we should have given up on Osimhen too. I bet Rohr was wrong to have blooded Osimhen in as early as 2017 while a Kayode was being supposedly ignored. I guess that was wrong and today Osimhen is crap right?!

I'm not saying this always pays off but we can see that belief in our own homegrown high yield talents combined with giving chances to the best of those who also didn't come through our home youth system will help us get the most of the best of the bunch out there if not all.

The truth is... One needs to always keep eyes on the big picture.

Both he and Kayode featured in his debut match even

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
elunico:

It all has to do with the terms in his contract and how long the contract runs before an improved one is offered.

Yeah,I get that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
sheyishemba:

a game against Liberia that Nigeria played a second team the friendly that I think weah even played the match biko that one no be game
all this close source sh****t nah propanganda and a blatant lie am gonna tell you the truth
Rohr inviting him wont be biased ( as it stands now ) many players are ahead of him right now
lastly Remember Ramon was in this same segunda division last season despite his exploit we all frowned when someone proposed he should be invite nwakali case wont be an exception
#notofavortism

And who's asking for Kelechi's invite?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
In about 7 mins, we will see the following players march onto the pitch for their various sides in the EPL and the English Championship.
Yep, all starting.

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) vs Brighton - away game.

Tosin Adarabioyo (Blackburn) vs Bristol - Home game.

Eberechi Eze, Bright Osayi Samuel and Luke Ayodele Amos (QPR) vs Barnsley - Home game.

Oviemuno Ejaria (Reading FC) vs Stoke City - Home game.

Dominic Iorfa (Sheffield Wednesday) vs Nottingham Forest - Home game.
*Moses Odubajo is on the bench for Sheffield W.

Semi Ajayi (West Brom) vs Birmingham City - Home game.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Yep. Looking very much like it. Osimhen and Gabriel to Napoli. Hehehehehehe... Just awaiting official confirmation.
A very good summer window for Napoli once these two are officially confirmed.

TheLoneCitizen:

Well Chilwell gets it. Iheanacho hasn't been sharp.

Osimhen to Napoli now finalised, Gazzetto one of Italy's most reliable. They also claim they've gotten Gabriel Magalhaes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
Blueelf:

Won't this be a step down. I may be wrong but please enlighten me

If Genk are selling any of their attackers, it'd be a good move, or else what happened to him at Utrecht would repeat itself at Genk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Jamilu Collins is also in action for relegated Paderborn in the Bundesliga. They are currently down by 1 goal against Borussia Mochengladbach with 40 mins played already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
elunico:

I prefer his style to Etebo.
Till he does what Etebo does in 3 major tourneys, i no go prefer anything o. Lol. Preference has to be based on comparism on a common ground na. Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
In about 7 mins, we will see the following players march onto the pitch for their various sides in the EPL and the English Championship.
Yep, all starting.

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) vs Brighton - away game.

Tosin Adarabioyo (Blackburn) vs Bristol - Home game.

Eberechi Eze, Bright Osayi Samuel and Luke Ayodele Amos (QPR) vs Barnsley - Home game.

Oviemuno Ejaria (Reading FC) vs Stoke City - Home game.

Dominic Iorfa (Sheffield Wednesday) vs Nottingham Forest - Home game.
*Moses Odubajo is on the bench for Sheffield W.

Semi Ajayi (West Brom) vs Birmingham City - Home game.

Saka had the 1st shot on target for Arsenal. He hit the top bar. He looks calm, sharp. No Balogun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
charlesemeka85:
he should move to one of eirdivisie's big teams or to the french league. Even i prefare a move to fenebahche and galatasaray who hv been linked with him dan moving to genk

Exactly....I was hoping Ajax would finally look his way seeing that he is young and has great potential and would fit into their pattern.

And i don't really think Turkey is a good idea. France would be nice...but its his choice at the end of the day sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
67mins played, Dele Alampasu's Ventspils lead 2-0 in Latvia vs FK Tukums.

Alampasu on the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Jamilu Collins is also in action for relegated Paderborn in the Bundesliga. They are currently down by 1 goal against Borussia Mochengladbach with 40 mins played already.

I'm tempted to but I won't blame Jamilu Collins for their tough luck in the Bundesliga grin grin grin grin grin(dodges kicks) but u feel for the bro. Knowing Rohr, he may be relegated to the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yep. Looking very much like it. Osimhen and Gabriel to Napoli. Hehehehehehe... Just awaiting official confirmation.
A very good summer window for Napoli once these two are officially confirmed.

Do you think Napoli is a good club for Osimhen's development? May I know your honest opinion on he matter?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Oga na step down abeg

[b]Upon all the noise and the potential about dessers na genk e wan join? [/b]odey didnt do much to get a move to genk, let alone someone who is the top scorer in the dutch league and he is already 25 for that matter

Bro, you no lie....I expected better and I felt at the worst, he will join Ajax but this Genk move isn't interesting to me....but God knows sha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8744) (8745) (8746) (8747) (8748) (8749) (8750) ... (16449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hatakekakashi and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.