Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8990) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12028437 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8987) (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) (8992) (8993) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
Why is Villarreal coach hell bent on playing chukwueze out of position angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
eazyjakes:

Sitting deep is not neccessarily an admittance of superiority,it is more of understanding your strengths and playing fully to that. No matter how deep you sit,you still have to to ur opponent’s half and score goals to win a game.
Alex Ferguson in the latter years of his reign would give up posssesion and sit deep when playing Wenger’s Arsenal and use the explosive pace of Ronaldo,Nani,Rooney et al to wreck havoc. Wenger’s arsenal kept possesion but lacked organisation at the back and most teams exploited that fully
Your philosophy of thinking possession football is the best make you see it that teams that sit deep come into the game with an inferior complex which is far from it.
It’s not good sportsmanship to attribute Arsenal’s win to merely sitting deep....shelah!

They sat deep most of the game. When you decide to sit deep, it means you know you stand a big chance of losing battling for game dominance with the opposition.

It is a fact, not about sportsmanship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lol...but he is starting on the right today naa. Abi nọt so? The line-up formation I have shows he is on the right. His preferred position.

seankafor:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Komekn no use laugh finish me abeg

Superdelusional

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol...but he is starting on the right today naa. Abi nọt so? The line-up formation I have shows he is on the right. His preferred position.

flashscore says otherwise..

Is he gonna be interchanging wing with Pena? undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
seankafor:

Bro look well

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Harry Kane scores with both feet, reminds me of someone.

Leicester have flattered to deceive l said quote some time ago that the EPL is not a sprint but a marathon. And towards the end I said they will struggle to maintain 6th position.

Currently they are getting schooled by Tottenham they can't cope 3-0 at half time and two goals by Kane.

And quite a few here say they don't rate Kane.

Modern footballers of high quality can finish with
instinct both left or right foot. This should be a basic standard.

There was a time l think it was a requirement in the U17 Golden Eaglets, but l dont think it's the case anymore.

I see coaches right from age 10 in EPL academies making sure kids have two feet proficiency, by the time they get to 16 it's become natural.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
chai means I will have to watch Manchester United match in the second half . #Odion Ighalo on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
ChrisKels:

Bro look well
hmmmm, let's wait till match starts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
seankafor:

Flash score is wrong, you can't have Bruno at LB and Moreno at CB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
ChrisKels:
Never put your heart on a team managed by Brendan Rogers, no matter how impressive they might look, they always flatter to deceive

Rogers is the master of capitulation.

Lol

But he is a genius according to good joe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kane be doing the Lord's work... I'll take comfort in this match if this Semi goes south
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Who is Pena? I think flashscore gave you the wrong lineup. There is no Bruno Soriano on what you just showed me too.

seankafor:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
seankafor:

Very simple he is the coach.

And any forward player in modern game MUST be able to play a number of forward position.

Finally, l call it player development, being only able to play just one position with proficiency is not an advantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Mumble jumble of suggestive nonsense.

You jump from one topic without conclusion and then you anchor yourself on your own self created assumption.

With regards to managers comments they should be taken with a pinch of salt. When the managers views and comments do not converge with commensurate actions.

With regards to KC Brendan Rogers is saying in one hand that KC is an excellent player bla bla and all kinds of accolades. But never plays him, what does that say to anybody very clearly , who has common sense of deduction.

Now you compare that to a Manager who eulogises about a player and is playing the player constantly at every opportunity even when not fully fit.

That player in a playoff game scores two goals and they win the game and his team are in the final for a play off place. In the final he gets them a penalty and they go on to win, how perfomances instrumental to thier victories.

And you want to rubbish him, buy why, to what purpose.

For you information 23 year old Fred Onyedinma started playing in the Championship at the age of 16 and indeed got his first MOTM award as a teenager.

He has played 4 seasons in the Championship and has had 7 years of first team football.

He has been wanted by a plethora of EPL clubs in the past.

And you are saying why didn't l talk about Nnamdi and l asked you why you didn't talk about Akinfenwa.

If you don't know the common sense answer go back and read my posts with regard to players.

And if you still can't fathom why ask other people on this thread to explain to you, who have used common sense to deduce my consistent approach to players appraisal.

I've forgotten you personify everything dense, reason why it'd be a challenge for you making sense out of my
detailed rebuttal of the trash you spilled pages ago.

You say Rodgers never plays Nacho? You gonna come up with a context argument I know that right? Well, Rodgers has proven to be a lucid definition of bad decisions, evidences of such is all out for everyone to see.

Congratulations to Fred for his contribution to the team's progress, but while he was away, there were others who made sure they secured a play-off position for Fred to shine in.

Those with common sense in your dictionary are those who lick your balls, I won't do that, I'd be here shinning light on your hypocritical disposition.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
seankafor:

Oga is he not a right winger

Or there is something else I don’t know

I check the formation and Chuks is playing from the right as usual
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
komekn:

Very simple he is the coach.

And any forward player in modern game MUST be able to play a number of forward position.

Finally, l call it player development, being only able to play just one position with proficiency is not an advantage.
tell that to robben,mahrez, bale, and the rest sad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Who is Pena? I think flashscore gave you the wrong lineup. There is no Bruno Soriano on what you just showed me too.

Bruno is there but the formation was wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Leicester going to Europa league...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ohhh that's true. I didn't bother checking their four man backline. Was focused on the midfield and attack.

Pena too was placed wrong. At first I was wondering which winger bears Pena at Villarreal. I know of their Midfielder, Ruben Pena. Na wa... Flashscore just messed things up for the guy. No wonder he thought Chuks is playing out of position.

ChrisKels:

Bruno is there but the formation was wrong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
seankafor:

Lol

You are a comedian to believe Moreno will play central defence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

Only if they don't beat man u with edging goal difference as they're currently tied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

I weak

Maybe that’s where they belong

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ighalo rotting on the bench, a price he has to pay for rolling back the years, by that I mean, resorting back to his ABF style of football. The chances he missed in the minutes he was given in the EPL have come back to haunt him

*ABF(Anywhere Belle Face)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Chelsea needs one more win or two draws in the remaining two games to cement our spot in the top 4

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
If Ndidi wants to grow to world class level, he needs to leave for a world class coach; coaches that have won major trophies.
Staying in Leicester will put a permanent lid on his development which will make him below average player.
Playing among world class players will definitely move his career to the next level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
elunico:

I've forgotten you personify everything dense, reason why it'd be a challenge for you making sense out of my

You say Rodgers never plays Nacho? You gonna come up with a context argument I know that right? Well, Rodgers has proven to be a lucid definition of bad decisions, evidences of such is all out for everyone to see.

Congratulations to Fred for his contribution to the team's progress, but while he was away, there were others who made sure they secured a play-off position for Fred to shine in.

Those with common sense in your dictionary are those who lick your balls, I won't do that, I'd be here shinning light on your hypocritical disposition.

You just nailed it with these last lines. Excellent truth! And they are always around. One of them dey laugh at simple English wey him blow. Grammar not even in the league of Sesquipedalianic expressions. Lol. His minions always egging him on to spill more gobbledygooks b'cos they also represent gobbledygook. A real pity. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
What an irony. Is Mourinho actually helping Man Utd. grin. Come to think of it, it's not unreasonable to say Rodgers is kind of a bottler. Na pressure or na just badluck?

But Barcelona. What!. That team needs serious deliverance. Where dem keep all these goals before. Andrewbaba44, explain please. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
What do you take ManU to be?
This is not a mid table table, ManU is big and you expect Jude to bench who?
Ighalo is enjoying his life at ManU, no regrets at all!

ChrisKels:
Ighalo rotting on the bench, a price he has to pay for rolling back the years, by that I mean, resorting back to his ABF style of football. The chances he missed in the minutes he was given in the EPL have come back to haunt him

*ABF(Anywhere Belle Face)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
KC is coming in to make a difference after Ayoze offered nothing.

Leicester have nothing to loose they have to go offensive. It could be risky Kane is looking very hungry.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
benji93:
What an irony. Is Mourinho actually helping Man Utd. grin.

But Barcelona. What!. That team needs serious deliverance. Where dem keep all these goals before. Andrewbaba44, explain please. grin

Messi wan win pichichi by force by fire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
elunico:

Dude leave this joke of a guy and focus on discussion soccer, he is desperately seeking for cheap attention as he mesmerizes the lowlifes licking his ass in here, like you rightly pointed out at the words in italics

(1) (2) (3) ... (8987) (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) (8992) (8993) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, chuks404 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.