Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,899 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9050) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11988533 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9047) (9048) (9049) (9050) (9051) (9052) (9053) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Blueelf:

Talk too much and come and see people ask yeye questions like "were you there when he was born?"

Even when its very obvious the player in question is an age cheat?
My man oya tell me any Nigeria born player who is not age cheat.

My point is that the guy is not up-to 35 years.

Kanu Nwankwo is 44 years old right.This is a player I watched in Nigeria league in 1991/1992 and am older than him which I will never agree.

Let Francis Uzoho keep his beard then tell me his age.

On age matter for Nigeria born he get as ebi o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Simy should leave Crotone. I can see them being relegated next season.

Not just leave Crotone but where are the offers ?

Not just leave and go and sit on the bench in teams like lazio
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2020
charlesemeka85:
telles is leaving this summer

Good for him, then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41am On Jul 25, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
The Zaidu Sanusi to Porto deal is a strange one. Porto Left-back, Alex Telles is regarded as one of the best in the world.

Delivered the 7th most accurate crosses in the world this season.

Except Porto want to sell him, not a good deal for Zaidu.

Has Zaidu Sanusi joined Porto officially ?

Alex telles should be leaving because he has a lot of offers from top clubs in Europe expecially psg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
The Zaidu Sanusi to Porto deal is a strange one. Porto Left-back, Alex Telles is regarded as one of the best in the world.

Delivered the 7th most accurate crosses in the world this season.

Except Porto want to sell him, not a good deal for Zaidu.

Telles might be leaving soon. Chelsea or Man Utd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2020
Subzero047:

It's a pity, El Rufai seems not to care at all

At all

These guys are having a free pass

And when the villagers want to defend themselves, they get arrested!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2020
JayromWrites:

At all

These guys are having a free pass

And when the villagers want to defend themselves, they get arrested!!

Wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2020
Subzero047:

It's a pity, El Rufai seems not to care at all

What can he do when the majority of the locals are in support of it... If the attacks eventually stop, it will resurface again in the near future and the next person in power will take the blame

Religion and Tribalism are by far the biggest problems in this country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2020
JayromWrites:
Pardon me to digress abit

There is an ongoing slaughter in southern Kaduna

Our crime is that we are Christians and unlucky to be in the same region as some blood sucking demons

Just yesterday, Joel Amadi lost his dad in Kafanchan to these suckers.. That's one in thousand homes rn mourning

The world need to know

There is a genocide in southern Kaduna and the Government is doing nothing about it cry cry

The midget you have in power has proven to be a tribal and religious bigot,that's why he doesn't seem to care...
Just like the dullard at Aso Rock..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

The midget you have in power has proven to be a tribal and religious bigot,that's why he doesn't seem to care...
Just like the dullard at Aso Rock..

Nigeria may be heading for a civil war in the Nearest future if care is not taken.
If nothing is done with this hausa/fulani domination agenda (which is not possible)
we will split.
The problem is that even we yoruba will agree to split. The Hausa cannot bank on us
to be so diplomatic again. Igbo and Hausa CANNOT LIVE IN PEACE.
Yorubas are the ones keeping this country together.
AND NOW EVEN WE YORUBA ARE NOT AFRAID TO SPLIT AND GO OUR WAY
Oduduwa republic for life.
It is either a regional system of Government or we split.
I am tired of all this insincerity

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmmmmm, all i can say is hmmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2020
If all I say, Is Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,

Thats More than, Enought Thats more than Enought

Philosopher1979:

Nigeria may be heading for a civil war in the Nearest future if care is not taken.
If nothing is done with this hausa/fulani domination agenda (which is not possible)
we will split.
The problem is that even we yoruba will agree to split. The Hausa cannot bank on us
to be so diplomatic again. Igbo and Hausa CANNOT LIVE IN PEACE.
Yorubas are the ones keeping this country together.
AND NOW EVEN WE YORUBA ARE NOT AFRAID TO SPLIT AND GO OUR WAY
Oduduwa republic for life.
It is either a regional system of Government or we split.
I am tired of all this insincerity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2020
Tyronne Ebuehi in training. He hired a personal physical conditioning trainer to get him set for the new season apart from Club trainings he engage in.

Maduka Okoye of Sparta Rotterdam is not left out too. He hired the same physical trainer.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Tyronne Ebuehi in training. He hired a personal physical conditioning trainer to get him set for the new season apart from Club trainings he engage in.

Maduka Okoye of Sparta Rotterdam is not left out too. He hired the same physical trainer.

Kelechi Nwakali in my honest opinion should shun his team's league winning celebration (if any) and join these guys to this path to get himself physically ready for next season. It is not just enough to be talented, you still gotta break sweat to be relevant.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

I have done that already. Work permit , world class facilities and an F.A that puts the interest of their players ahead of every other issues and opportunity to get snapped by English clubs as soon as you show little sparkle of talent. Need more ?

You said you live abroad l want to presume that it's a first world country.

But your level of deduction reasoning that should have changed by reason of association and engagement. But it has not.

So you must be abroad but in a third world country worse than Nigeria. Maybe Namibia or Zimbabwe. Or maybe you lack the capacity to engage and integrate and as such remain without knowledge and are diminishing in your reasoning by isolation.

You are talking about England but you talk with real ignorance l am sorry to say.

English football academies have thousands of boys. Not all will make it. If you can somehow overcome the multiple rejections and if you are black racial discrimination in selection if you are outside London and beyond the Midlands mainly buy not exclusively. You may succeed. And you will also have to perform exceptionallly well irrespective of your colour.

Look at Eberechi Eze, released at Arsenal went to a duplicity of clubs too many to count. Ended up in kick and rush Millwall released at 16. Almost gave up getting ready to go to College and working in a Supermarket. He gets picked up by Ramsey not Gary at QPR and within months he is in the first team. Is that what you call " little spark of Talent". Oviemuno was also released at Arsenal too.

Second part of your incredulous reasoning. So if l send my children to a good school even teach them myself in addition and they then excel with top grades. Then they have unfair advantage over other children. Because the other childrens parents did not invest in their children.

My advice is you should keep quite for some time and learn from the many contributions here and upgrade your knowledge before you contribute.

Because you are not covering yourself in glory but the opposite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Upcoming Governor of Edo state Ize Iyamu on Twitter

I’m delighted by Victor’s record move to Napoli. Victor Osimhen is a worthy model to our youths on the power of dreams, hard work, and focus. I pray that God grants him a successful & injury-free career. I also thank @omaakatugba for keeping the world abreast with his timely update

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Chris, come on now... must everything be about K.Nwakali? Our news here should not revolve around him all the time. Besides I think they should be done celebrating. What are they still celebrating sef? They got La Liga coming up soon in September. So I expect they will be back ASAP for preseason.

ChrisKels:

Kelechi Nwakali in my honest opinion should shun his team's league winning celebration (if any) and join these guys to this path to get himself physically ready for next season. It is not just enough to be talented, you still gotta break sweat to be relevant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:01am On Jul 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

Becareful what you defend. Nwakali has shown many times he played what we could expect when he gets in form. He is freekick gifted, defence splittling passes, deft touched , long ball merchant , dribbler, crazy confidence and courage when on the ball and never in a hurry to give away passes like Iwobi due to limited creativity...lol

DELUSIONAL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2020
Olulong:

You show face for this one but When it was posted here that Sevilla was interested in the Awaziem you've bad mouthed on many occasion you went missing

Interest and making an offer are two different things. And even interest is very ambiguous in the context of football.

A lot of the time it's just paper talk and manipulation by agents.

So how much did Sevilla offer for him ❓ And why is he not there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2020
Edopesin:

What can he do when the majority of the locals are in support of it... If the attacks eventually stop, it will resurface again in the near future and the next person in power will take the blame

Religion and Tribalism are by far the biggest problems in this country

What can he do? He's the chief security officer of the state!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2020
solonnachi:

Hopefully he and Saka can fill up that position

He has not got to Saka level yet and Saka is non committal so far about playing for the SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2020
Bukayo Saka when asked on Skysports earlier today about his international future

"It's a tough choice,"

"I'm happy to have represented England at youth level but I'm also proud of my Nigerian heritage from my parents.

"We haven't been picked by any team so it's about staying humble and when the time comes we'll make the decision."

Source: Skysports.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2020
komekn:

Interest and making an offer are two different things. And even interest is very ambiguous in the context of football.

A lot of the time it's just paper talk and manipulation by agents.

So how much did Sevilla offer for him ❓ And why is he not there.
But you're the first person to run and bring up paper rumours about players

So they're useless now?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Chris, come on now... must everything be about K.Nwakali? Our news here should not revolve around him all the time. Besides I think they should be done celebrating. What are they still celebrating sef? They got La Liga coming up soon in September. So I expect they will be back ASAP for preseason.

This is what I want from him, he can not complain of exhaustion, if he engages in this because he more or less was inactive this season. I want him in top condition before the season commences.

By the way, it would also go a long way to endear him into the heart of the coaches.

I want this line up to start taking shape by January next year.

.................................Osimhen..................................
...................Ejuke........................Chu'Eze.................

................................Iwobi(Eze).................................

................Nwakali........................Ndidi....................

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2020
Saka on his youth and the belief of the manager in him

"Being young and at a big club if you are in the team over an experienced professional the manager is basically telling you without speaking that I believe in you.

"(He's saying) go and do what you can do and that belief gives me so much confidence. Arteta is so detailed and clear and a lot of the players will tell you we are learning from him.

Source: Skysports.com (from an interview earlier today).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:20am On Jul 25, 2020
elyte89:

Well we re opposite on dis,although d team is in dire need of an AM...I believe saka's talent is rare to come by,having him will b a huge +...and I also eze feel he's not far better Dan iwobi(na because say d guy Neva play for us),beside a rejuvenated nwakali is dere ..and I still believe in akinkunmi amoo to climb d ladder soon..I believe he will get dere too

Wow amazing deduction.

Dude has done absolutely nothing and you use the word rejuvenated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2020
Subzero047:

What can he do? He's the chief security officer of the state!

I'm sure you saw where I said if the attacks eventually stop, it will resurface again in the near future or is this development new to you? because these attacks on Christians in Southern Kaduna have been a thing for a very long time and it did not start with El rufia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22am On Jul 25, 2020
Nwakali won't break into the SE team by January. It will happen eventually by anytime next year if he does impress for Huesca in La Liga like I expect him to do but January will be too early for him. Much too early.

But uhmmm... No international games sef in January 2021 naa not so?

ChrisKels:
This is what I want from him, he can not complain of exhaustion, if he engages in this because he more or less was inactive this season. I want him in top condition before the season commences.

By the way, it would also go a long way to endear him into the heart of the coaches.

I want this line up to start taking shape by January next year.

.................................Osimhen..................................
...................Ejuke........................Chu'Eze.................

................................Iwobi(Eze).................................

................Nwakali........................Ndidi....................
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Bukayo Saka when asked on Skysports earlier today about his international future

"It's a tough choice,"

"I'm happy to have represented England at youth level but I'm also proud of my Nigerian heritage from my parents.

"We haven't been picked by any team so it's about staying humble and when the time comes we'll make the decision."

Source: Skysports.com

He is always quick to tell you he is Nigerian, even if this boy doesn't end up playing for Nigerian, though that is highly unlikely from what I have gathered, I will always have so much respect for him and his parents. They brought him up the right way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2020
His parents also want him to play for Nigeria. Especially his Dad from what I gather. Saka will play for Nigeria. He's just trying not to give Skysports a major headline.

ChrisKels:

He is always quick to tell you he is Nigerian, even if this boy doesn't end up playing for Nigerian, though that is highly unlikely from what I have gathered, I will always have so much respect for him and his parents. They brought him up the right way.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Nwakali won't break into the SE team by January. It will happen eventually by anytime next year if he does impress for Huesca in La Liga like I expect him to do but January will be too early for him. Much too early.

But uhmmm... No international games sef in January 2021 naa not so?

"Start taking shape", not "take shape". By that I mean we should start getting the picture. It is all fantasy though, subject to how things pan out in the first half of the season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

Iwobi has played AM, LW,RW,LWB,RWB and on a few occasions, CM .
Aina can play LB,RB,LWB and RWB..

Saka is a decent player no doubt, but there is nothing "rare" about his talents..

Don't get your hopes too high...he is still young and still learning...

At the age of 17 started playing in the EPL and is a regular in Arsenal and you don't think that's rare.

Then add to that his influence on the game number of assists and goals.

He is thinking about playing for Nigeria and there will be pressure on this boy from both sides. But l think he will choose Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9047) (9048) (9049) (9050) (9051) (9052) (9053) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: etebefia, mrwilliams9 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.