Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,530 members, 7,926,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12290229 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (16533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2017
Mickael2:

Matic?! Last season Matic perharps but not this present Matic. Ndidi plays exactly like Kante, you can't have two such players on the field at the same time, it makes no sense. For Ndidi to go to Chelsea, Kante has to leave or even worse, he has to displace Kante

I don't get you
I have watched over 70% of Chelsea's match this season in fact part of the reason why fabregas often does not get start is because of matic defensive qualities
matic has not played anything this season forget the goal he scored the last time...against Sutton ndidi will score 5 of that being that Chelsea create a lot of chances...

I tell you ndidi can offer more upfront and as well cover up side by side with kante...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2017
Mickael2:

So if the child is finally allowed to play and maybe he impresses and then loses form completely to the point that he becomes a free agent, what will he then fall back on? Start from secondary school again?! You can enter the university whenever you want but secondary education has to be attained before you can start talking about football

OMG how hard can that be to understand.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Except you are telling me say "Olodo" no dey-dey for school again.

When we go school e get some "Olodo" wey even other "Olodos" dey call "Olodo"!

You Don ever meet those ones?

So if it was ur child will u just say "hey I give up he is an olodo"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Haha haha. A lion cannot give birth to a Rabbit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:39pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

This guy are you for real?
Wait. Have you ever taught?

No but if I were a school coach all my kids will pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Besides are we not talking about football academies here?

You want to spend all the time teaching an "Olodo" book. What time will he spend on developing his football skills?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Then why are u happy to do so with other peoples children. No single able bodies child is an olodo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:43pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

No but if I were a school coach all my kids will pass.
You have never taught. Now I understand.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

You have never taught. Now I understand.

Me too, u ran out of ammunition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Then why are u happy to do so with other peoples children. No single able bodies child is an olodo.

Who is happy to do what? I am talking about not allowing the child's God given football talent to rot away because he cannot pass his classroom work.

You are the one that wants a talent to die because he cannot pass an academic exam you set for him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Me too, u ran out of ammunition.
Ran out of which ammunition?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Besides are we not talking about football academies here?

You want to spend all the time teaching an "Olodo" book. What time will he spend on developing his football skills?

24 hours in a day, it is called time management.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2017
Mickael2:

So if the child is finally allowed to play and maybe he impresses and then loses form completely to the point that he becomes a free agent, what will he then fall back on? Start from secondary school again?! You can enter the university whenever you want but secondary education has to be attained before you can start talking about football

I have not said education is not good but it should not become a tool to stop a child from playing ball. A child who can not do well in school (note we have high school drop outs in America and England) but can play ball well is in a better position than a kid without something else to hold on to.

If a child does not meet up in school, one way or the other, there are kids with vocational skills who have made something out of their lives.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Who is happy to do what? I am talking about not allowing the child's God given football talent to rot away because he cannot pass his classroom work.

You are the one that wants a talent to die because he cannot pass an academic exam you set for him.

Did u finish secondary school? If so what makes u so special?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:58pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

24 hours in a day, it is called time management.

Time management for teenagers.

You want to turn them to robots. Haha haha they will react by rebelliousness or revolt.

You have never had to deal with teenagers so you won't understand this.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:59pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Did u finish secondary school? If so what makes u so special?
No. In fact I did not even attend primary school.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Time management for teenagers.

You want to turn them to robots. Haha haha they will react by rebelliousness or revolt.

You have never had to deal with teenagers so you won't understand this.

Which kind of talk is this? When should they learn how to manage their time, when they are old men. Boss I am a young man and I can still relate to teenagers.
U don't always go against the grain. I remember u making these same type of fuss about the 3-4-3 and months later even ur club has used it. U don't always have to be right, in fact we can't always be right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

No. In fact I did not even attend primary school.

Answer the question, what makes u special? Are u saying Okocha couldn't have achieved what u achieved even if he tried? School is all about focus, anyone who puts in the work will make it. If u want them to continue being olodos then u are just trying to keep them under u. This is what the colonials did in order to hold us back, we can't turn and do it on ourselves. We need to use football to educate the masses and bring Nigeria out of intellectual poverty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
Okiki is looking for a club, icon4s

Fit-again Afolabi Okiki resurfaces in Dubai

Former Sunshine Stars striker Afolabi Okiki has resurfaced in Dubai with SCORENigeria gathering that he is completing his rehabilitation there after undergoing a knee surgery.

Sources close to the big striker further informed SCORENigeria the player has been to Turkey apparently in search of a club.

He is also working with a new agent after Marcelo Houseman first took him to Argentina.

Okiki was one of the leading scorers in the NPFL last season with Sunshine Stars before he moved out to Argentina.

He will later try to join top Malay club Kelatan FA, but the move was aborted due to a knee injury he was nursing.

He will later return to Lagos quietly and then his knee was later operated in Dubai.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/05/06/fit-again-afolabi-okiki-resurfaces-in-dubai/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2017
Mickael2:

This is where the problem is.

You think paper certificates are the only channels to success in life.

Besides, even if one at the age of 40 wants to obtain O/Level Certificates u do not need to attend secondary school. There is an exam called GCE naaaa. There is even GCE WAEC and GCE NECO now. There is no age limit for education my brother.

The more atrocious act is to deny that boy that chance to become a professional footballer because he cannot pass his academic tests.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:33pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Answer the question, what makes u special? Are u saying Okocha couldn't have achieved what u achieved even if he tried? School is all about focus, anyone who puts in the work will make it. If u want them to continue being olodos then u are just trying to keep them under u. This is what the colonials did in order to hold us back, we can't turn and do it on ourselves. We need to use football to educate the masses and bring Nigeria out of intellectual poverty.

You asked me if I finished secondary school.

I tell you I no even attend primary school. No be answer be that?

And What makes me special is I am who I am.

Talking about Okocha I never came across him when I used to play football. He didn't play in Lagos. Amuneke was my senior in the game but Taribo and I played for the same U12 team in Ajegunle under coach Ibe. At Navy town.

My Dad practically dragged me out of football and set me on the academic path. I had to concentrate on my studies and that my football talent died. One of my friends that later went to play for Jigawa Golden stars by name Ify Onuora told me I was better than Tijani Babangida. Ify IMO too was better than Tijani Babagida. Taribo also confirmed this. Nigeria lost a football talent in me. Taribo, Okocha and Babangida went on to be part of the 1993 U20.

Now back to Okocha. I can tell you that he could not have been able to achieve what I have achieved academically if he had combined it with football.

Secondary school education is basic but tertiary education? Combined with professional football? Bros u have to chose one.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On May 06, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

There is no such thing, u just need to find a way to connect to the child. Children that u may think are slow learners turn out to be pretty bright when they are given the right type of attention.
some are not slow learners, they are just NOT INTERESTED in learning. Kpomkwem.

Reality is that NOT EVERYONE will embrace formal education, all this go to school talk is honestly boring. No be everybody wan go school.

I attended a public secondary school and let me tell you that I knew guys who would never pick up a book, but give them a ball and watch the magic happen. They passed fine and good, but na other people brain dem use

Passing exams also does not mean someone is LEARNING, believe it or not, many of these boys will find shady means to pass and these academies could take them in courtesy of falsely gotten good grades. Is that helping anybody?

Getting a formal education does not and will never equate to learning. Learning can only be done where there is an actual interest.

So, while this method may have worked abroad, you need to realise that what works for America may not work for Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:41pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Talking about Okocha I never came across him when I used to play football. He didn't play in Lagos. Amuneke was my senior in the game but Taribo and I played for the same U12 team in Ajegunle under coach Ibe. At Navy town.

My Dad practically dragged me out of football and set me on the academic path. I had to concentrate on my studies and that my football talent died. One of my friends that later went to play for Jigawa Golden stars by name Ify Onuora told me I was better than Tijani Babangida. Ify IMO too was better than Tijani Babagida. Taribo also confirmed this. Nigeria lost a football talent in me. Taribo, Okocha and Babangida went on to be part of the 1993 U20.

Now back to Okocha. I can tell you that he could not have been able to achieve what I have achieved academically if he had combined it with football.

Secondary school education is basic but tertiary education? Combined with professional football? Bros u have to chose one.

My Uncle used to play football too. He was really good and was playing with Sunday Oliseh (in his early days) and co around Festac axis. My Dad (his elder brother) did not like it and stopped him from playing to focus on his education. You know how it was in those days. Perhaps, he could have become a superstar.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2017
tbaba1234:
Okiki is looking for a club, icon4s

Fit-again Afolabi Okiki resurfaces in Dubai

Former Sunshine Stars striker Afolabi Okiki has resurfaced in Dubai with SCORENigeria gathering that he is completing his rehabilitation there after undergoing a knee surgery.

Sources close to the big striker further informed SCORENigeria the player has been to Turkey apparently in search of a club.

He is also working with a new agent after Marcelo Houseman first took him to Argentina.

Okiki was one of the leading scorers in the NPFL last season with Sunshine Stars before he moved out to Argentina.

He will later try to join top Malay club Kelatan FA, but the move was aborted due to a knee injury he was nursing.

He will later return to Lagos quietly and then his knee was later operated in Dubai.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/05/06/fit-again-afolabi-okiki-resurfaces-in-dubai/

I wish him the best in his search.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:53pm On May 06, 2017
Humility017:

nice one from ndidi...to be honest if opportuned he can displace the likes of matic in Chelsea

the problem I have with raheem lawal...is translating such a wonderful performance into his national team assignment
he barely play in such manner when called to represent the country.. I think he needs to be consistent

How many times dem don gi-am chance to play?

How games minutes dem don gi-am time to play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:58pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

another point I wanted to make. I have seen so many talents die out because of this cursed formal educatiom of a thing that just sucks out everything that makes one human.

Formal education turns you to a robot, restricted only to whatever books tell you, it rarely allows for flexibility.

You cannot serve two masters at the same time, either football suffers or academics suffer. Even the America that makes players combine the two, most of those guys graduate with extremely average results. Nothing spectacular, and even to get those, they have to stretch themselves thin.

Many of them drop out of college once they get snapped up by professional clubs.

Honestly, formal education is overrated. Talent will get you success and greater sense of happiness and fulfillment over something in a book.

Some people just have talent with books, hence their success with it...such people are rarely ever good at playing any sport to be honest.

Why don't we also make athletics a mandatory requirement for book smart people, we'll see if they excel

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Now, dis got me cracking. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2017
tbaba1234:

My Uncle used to play football too. He was really good and was playing with Sunday Oliseh (in his early days) and co around Festac axis. My Dad (his elder brother) did not like it and stopped him from playing to focus on his education. You know how it was in those days. Perhaps, he could have become a superstar.

Yes. Many parents/guardians stopped their boys from playing football.

There were these two other boys that played for a local club in my area then called Hungary Lions by names Duru and Atine. Emma Amuneke was in that team. These two boys play pass Amuneke.

Who amongst us here grew up in Ajegunle, Orile, Amukoko and environs in the 1980s you'll know those boys. They suffered similar fate as I did: Parental influence. Not to ridicule him but Emma Amuneke no sabi book so his parents just allow am focus for ball.

You could not have forced someone like Emma to read book. You just dey waste your time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2017
safarigirl:
some are not slow learners, they are just NOT INTERESTED in learning. Kpomkwem.

Reality is that NOT EVERYONE will embrace formal education, all this go to school talk is honestly boring. No be everybody wan go school.

I attended a public secondary school and let me tell you that I knew guys who would never pick up a book, but give them a ball and watch the magic happen. They passed fine and good, but na other people brain dem use

Passing exams also does not mean someone is LEARNING, believe it or not, many of these boys will find shady means to pass and these academies could take them in courtesy of falsely gotten good grades. Is that helping anybody?

Getting a formal education does not and will never equate to learning. Learning can only be done where there is an actual interest.

So, while this method may have worked abroad, you need to realise that what works for America may not work for Nigeria

If football can stop wars, why can't it help us educate our children? We should not just sit down and allow children to go without basic education. Yea guys will drop out but at least they would have been given a chance and can decide for themselves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 06, 2017
safarigirl:
another point I wanted to make. I have seen so many talents die out because of this cursed formal educatiom of a thing that just sucks out everything that makes one human.

Formal education turns you to a robot, restricted only to whatever books tell you, it rarely allows for flexibility.

You cannot serve two masters at the same time, either football suffers or academics suffer. Even the America that makes players combine the two, most of those guys graduate with extremely average results. Nothing spectacular, and even to get those, they have to stretch themselves thin.

Many of them drop out of college once they get snapped up by professional clubs.

Honestly, formal education is overrated. Talent will get you success and greater sense of happiness and fulfillment over something in a book.

Some people just have talent with books, hence their success with it...such people are rarely ever good at playing any sport to be honest.

Why don't we also make athletics a mandatory requirement for book smart people, we'll see if they excel

But you'd need formal education if you want to become a lawyer, doctor, engineer, nurse or a pilot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2017
safarigirl:

Really? All this for secondary school education?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:20pm On May 06, 2017
Icon4s:

Wow u can't say that. There are players with masters and PHD's.
I figured it was something personal that was making u so rigid about this. Look just because ur dad forced u out of football to face ur books does not mean u should endorse the extreme.

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (16533) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginistev, Philosopher1979, AndSunGorilla, brewdave(m), lelion, elyte89, 123jamessmith and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.