Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,456 members, 7,926,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12288990 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (16532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Na you give birth to that one child wey e no go work for? grin

So it WILL DEFINITELY work for every child.

Little wonder safarigirl said you live in a parallel universe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2017
The fact that she augments your argument about Nigerian kids not being able to adapt to a beautifully flexible system as the coach carter concept doesn't make either of your points valid.... grin

I have seen the worst Olodo Rabata kids transformed in this system.... and also I know Nigerian kids go over there and trump most of these kids... and you are saying it cannot work for our Nigerian Children?? That is a big slap and insult on the Intellectual ability of the Nigerian Child.... angry

Icon4s:

Haha haha Thank you my sister. I like young people like you who are already armed with the realities of life before hand.

TheSuperNerd which universe you live abeg?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2017
You remind me of the captain who engaged his emerging bright recruit in this manner.... wink

Captain: Listen up Youngster... what will you do if the storms come and our boats start to lose some balance?

Young sailor: Sir, I will throw an anchor over into the water to stabilise the ship...

Captain: What If another storm comes? what then?

young sailor: I will throw over another anchor....

Captain: (becoming a little pissed) Okay, what if a final storm shows up, what then??!

Young Sailor: Sir, I will get another anchor and throw it in...

Captain: (angry) Hey! young man! where are you getting all those anchors from sef?

Young sailor: Sir, Same place you are getting all your storms from naa.... grin

What am I saying? Being negative to the extreme just because you wanna make a point does not diminish the fact that this can work..... wink

Icon4s:

So it WILL DEFINITELY work for every child.

Little wonder safarigirl said you live in a parallel universe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2017
Mickael2:

One goal since....last year? Jozy Altidore was better than that you know. I'm not impressed yet
abeg nor make me laugh...
I kno for sure..he will soon revisit calls for ajagun to be invited...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:03pm On May 07, 2017
Mickael2:

One goal since....last year? Jozy Altidore was better than that you know. I'm not impressed yet
I know sure..he will soon revisit calls for him to be invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:07pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

You initially said it was a white man concept... and I checkmated you by revealing it as actually a Black man concept.... wink

It can work... and it is not debatable despite the fact we are having this debate.... grin

Parallel universe? well.... there may be an Earth 2.... with my parallel self there... so that is one... but for me... I am here on earth with you and everyone else... so yeah... I know what I am saying... wink

...let us assume white people were not part of the creation of the system. A black man single handedly pulled it off...

Why don't you find a way to try it first, if it works in Nigeria, you can paten it in Nigeria....

You still haven't told me one borrowed concept from the West that succeeded here....maybe if you give me a couple, I'll see sense in your suggestion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On May 07, 2017
Invited to what team? Are you sure you saw who made the comment? Coz of a goal? Awoniyi will start getting calls for invitation from this thread? smh... na wa ooo

Humility017:

I know sure..he will soon revisit calls for him to be invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2017
Another day, another goal for Kayode Olarenwaju.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
The fact that she augments your argument about Nigerian kids not being able to adapt to a beautifully flexible system as the coach carter concept doesn't make either of your points valid.... grin

I have seen the worst Olodo Rabata kids transformed in this system.... and also I know Nigerian kids go over there and trump most of these kids... and you are saying it cannot work for our Nigerian Children?? That is a big slap and insult on the Intellectual ability of the Nigerian Child.... angry

Simple words like WILL, CAN, ALL, SOME, MOST if not well used can distort meaningful points to an argument.

I understand what you are trying to say perfectly.
What you actually meant is if it worked for kids in America then it CAN work for kids in Nigeria. That is a beautiful argument as simple as it is.

But when you say because it worked for kids in America then it WILL work for ALL kids in Nigeria. That argument is totally flawed.

Then abeg what did you say in your first paragraph because I am not understanding o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Invited to what team? Are you sure you saw who made the comment? Coz of a goal? Awoniyi will start getting calls for invitation from this thread? smh... na wa ooo

I mean ajagun...
bro...you should know sir forgiveness better
his favorite player has been ajagun...
he barely propose SE set up without ajagun in the mix...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2017
Icon4s:

Nobody is saying footballers should not go to school.

Should a child be stopped from featuring for our youth teams because he cannot pass an academic test? Just a simple answer will do.

Considering us a developing nation where we have extreme poverty.

My reply is capital No, that might be that childs only chance to make something of his life.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:11pm On May 07, 2017
Gooaaal Xhaka!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2017
komekn:

Considering us a developing nation where we have extreme poverty.

My reply is capital No, that might be that childs only chance to make something of his life.

O God bless you sir. Morning, afternoon, evening and Night!

That is the root of all this argument. Your second paragraph is what I said that caused wahala o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:16pm On May 07, 2017
Gooaal Welbeck 2-0!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:17pm On May 07, 2017
Icon4s:
Gooaal Welbeck 2-0!

YES!! i have stopped watching Arsenal's games... Let me tune in..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2017
I don't want you to see sense in it.... smiley After all, very noble work was always senseless to most at the beginning....

I know this can work... and it did on a lot of black kids with various backgrounds. So if it doesn't make sense to you then this is one of such noble works that will prove you wrong if given a chance.

And there is always a first time for certain things.... after all before Vivien Thomas, There was no way a non-educated person could he involved in a surgery at a school like Johns Hopkins.... but well... he was the first... and the first black man too... and that made ways for the likes of Carson, Reggie Jackson and a few others to rise in later years....

So if you wanna use the past and fact of democracy's failures to say no to this.... since democracy came from them (america) also remember that America thru John D. Rockefeller gave the world the idea of Crude Oil transportation thru Pipelines running throut a region..... and that works like hell in Nigeria.... wink

There are many.... but this will do.

Thanks for saying Our Nigerian Kids cannot step up and strive in a system that works so well for black kids that Nigerian kids trump year after year in schools all over the states.... I will go tell Wale, Ubong, Yahaya, Amaka, Tunde, Adamu and Obi that you and Icon4s domr believe in them.... you doubt their ability to strive in this system.

safarigirl:
...let us assume white people were not part of the creation of the system. A black man single handedly pulled it off...

Why don't you find a way to try it first, if it works in Nigeria, you can paten it in Nigeria....

You still haven't told me one borrowed concept from the West that succeeded here....maybe if you give me a couple, I'll see sense in your suggestion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2017
Sir Mickael2 whom you quoted, quoted me and was talking about Safarigirl's first love grin Awoniyi's goal....

and you think he spoke of Ajagun.... ? looolll

Humility017:

I mean ajagun...
bro...you should know sir forgiveness better
his favorite player has been ajagun...
he barely propose SE set up without ajagun in the mix...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:24pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I don't want you to see sense in it.... smiley After all, very noble work was always senseless to most at the beginning....

I know this can work... and it did on a lot of black kids with various backgrounds. So if it doesn't make sense to you then this is one of such noble works that will prove you wrong if given a chance.

And there is always a first time for certain things.... after all before Vivien Thomas, There was no way a non-educated person could he involved in a surgery at a school like Johns Hopkins.... but well... he was the first... and the first black man too... and that made ways for the likes of Carson, Reggie Jackson and a few others to rise in later years....

So if you wanna use the past and fact of democracy's failures to say no to this.... since democracy came from them (america) also remember that America thru John D. Rockefeller gave the world the idea of Crude Oil transportation thru Pipelines running throut a region..... and that works like hell in Nigeria.... wink

Thanks for saying Our Nigerian Kids cannot step up and strive in a system that works so well for black kids that Nigerian kids trump year after year in schools all over the states.... I will go tell Wale, Ubong, Yahaya, Amaka, Tunde, Adamu and Obi that you and Icon4s domr believe in them.... you doubt their ability to strive in this system.

oga Supernerd, no dey give me essay....you couldn't name one thing we have successfully imported from the west, you wan come turn am make e be like say Naija kids no fit adapt to oyibo system.

Why should they be made to adapt to Western system when you can find aomeying that works for them instead? Why must Africans wait for Westerners to implement something before you look into it?

That system will not work for Nigerian kids, why don't you sit down some day and invnt something that will?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2017
Okay so naa semantics problem... okay naa... no Wahala.... wink

Chief Chief...!!!! grin No worry I just dey look you.... cheesy

Icon4s:

Simple words like WILL, CAN, ALL, SOME, MOST if not well used can distort meaningful points to an argument.

I understand what you are trying to say perfectly.
What you actually meant is if it worked for kids in America then it CAN work for kids in Nigeria. That is a beautiful argument as simple as it is.

But when you say because it worked for kids in America then it WILL work for ALL kids in Nigeria. That argument is totally flawed.

Then abeg what did you say in your first paragraph because I am not understanding o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

This guy na wa o. You just dey derail this talk. Who said Nigerian Children CANNOT step up.

And why you dey join me and safarigirl together?I thought you said our arguments are not together?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Mickael2 whom you quoted, quoted me and was talking about Safarigirl's first love grin Awoniyi's goal....

and you think he spoke of Ajagun.... ? looolll

I thought he replied on ajagun...
I made mistake then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2017
Why are you so sure it won't work? shocked

I say it can work... but you say it can't and won't because it is "Americanised" and I gave you one naa... Crude-Oil transport serves our oil sector very well naa... smiley

Abi that one no be something?

And no be me dey turn am to anything , you came into the discussion and joined hands with Chief Icon4s to say It won't work for our Nigerian kids...

safarigirl:
oga Supernerd, no dey give me essay....you couldn't name one thing we have successfully imported from the west, you wan come turn am make e be like say Naija kids no fit adapt to oyibo system.

Why should they be made to adapt to Western system when you can find aomeying that works for them instead? Why must Africans wait for Westerners to implement something before you look into it?

That system will not work for Nigerian kids, why don't you sit down some day and invnt something that will?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2017
DID ANY ONE NOTICED THAT WE ARE ON PAGE 911?

THIS IS JUST A POLICE PAGE .....ICON , SUPERNERD ,TBABA , SAFARIGIRL,AND ALL THE HONOURABLES IN THE HOUSE I SALUTE ALL FOR KEEPING TRAIN MOVING .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2017
una dey the same boat naa.... I said "augment" naa... she augmented or lemme say backed up your argument... and again what started this debate is you saying the system cannot work for our kids because this is Nigeria...

Icon4s:

This guy na wa o. You just dey derail this talk. Who said Nigerian Children CANNOT step up.

And why you dey join me and safarigirl together?I thought you said our arguments are not together?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:33pm On May 07, 2017
Picture of you dancing or Adonbilivit..... Berra rekindle that first love flame.... wink Awoniyi is gradually coming back... smiley

safarigirl:
yayy!!! Awo baby *dancing*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:34pm On May 07, 2017
tbaba1234:
This is not a drill, Awoniyi scored, I repeat, Awoniyi scored

I hope this gets u off his back for a second.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2017
safarigirl:
the coach carter system will not work in Nigeria, you know why? Because everything Africa ever borrowed from the Western world has failed, including democracy.

So, why don't we find what works for the African man rather than assuming anything a bunch of white people came up with will work for the entire world?

PS: If I want to learn medicine in the sense of being able to use it in my daily life, I won't need to go to a school.

Good afternoon house

The world is about borrowing ideas and making them better. It would be wrong to know something can work and still turn a blind eye to it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2017
Sorry the reply is coming late.... when pesin dey discuss matters with two juggernauts in Chief Icon4s and madam Safarigirl ...... wetin you expect? One gotta pay some good attention.... wink

Ehn... honestly I wanna know why Umar isn't getting game time... could Orji be impressing more behind the scenes than Umar? undecided

Umar is on loan abi....? from Roma to Bologna and he is still not getting games... or has Bologna bought him outrightly?

tbaba1234:

Orji appears to have overtaken Umar in the Bologna set-up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:43pm On May 07, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Why are you so sure it won't work? shocked

I say it can work... but you say it can't and won't because it is "Americanised" and I gave you one naa... Crude-Oil transport serves our oil sector very well naa... smiley

Abi that one no be something?

And no be me dey turn am to anything , you came into the discussion and joined hands with Chief Icon4s to say It won't work for our Nigerian kids...

WTF is crude oil transport?

Do you know why it can't work in Nigeria? As a scientist, I would expect that you would factor in variables when making suggestions. Don't just go on a gut feeling...

What is your educational system like in Nigeria? A system that doesn't even work on a normal day with normal students, you now want to implement a special educational method for footballers?

Is it those small boys on the streets just looking for how to eat one meal per day that you want to force to school? Na you go pay their school fees? Or will there be some scholarship system in place for people whose talents you're not even sure of?

Ideas tend to look much better in one's mind than in reality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:45pm On May 07, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

The world is about borrowing ideas and making them better. It would be wrong to know something can work and still turn a blind eye to it.
LOL...oh, look how great democracy has worked for us. We are doing much better than non-democratic nations like China, aren't we?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SIRmanjar(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2017
Icon4s:

Haha haha Thank you my sister. I like young people like you who are already armed with the realities of life before hand.

TheSuperNerd which universe you live abeg?
grin lol..Thank you for liking her but you my frend should also be armed with the reality of Our strong love..I just dey watch you dey disturb my nairaland iyawo for my presence since wit reckless abandon..Hmmmmm! We go fit GIDIGWOM for he matter oo. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:53pm On May 07, 2017
Jose M. with his love for African talent.

Axel Tuanzebe showed so much confidence and promise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (16532) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamdynamite(m), Ginistev, hustleranthem(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.