Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,295 members, 7,925,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 05:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12286618 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (16532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:45pm On May 08, 2017
edi287:

I swear I will never take Rohr seriously again if him no invite am for the SA match. Our most inform forward. Na wa ooo.

Calm down bros. E no reach that one.

As I have said before Henry should continue doing his thing. His time may come one day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On May 08, 2017
Hmmmmm..... me sef just dey look you Chief.... Abeg Yara Yara... I know say na your fault say Onyekuru no dey list but bring small chair for Chief.... He is about to have part of himself inducted into the halls of Youth, Rookies and precocity.... grin

So U don tire for "Experienced" Musa.... and now want uhmmmm.... "sweet fresh greenhorn" Onyekuru..... Chief Icon4s.... you are crossing into my territory.... just like I cross into yours sometimes on experience.... so na 1-1.... grin tongue

But on a serious note..... You are right. Sir Tbaba is right.... Sir Edi287 is also right... you all have a right to be mad at that omission... me I am not mad oooo.... I am craze-maddd and I have already booked ticket to go Meet Rohr with Sir TheGoodJoe's plank.... just in case.

Honestly I have strong faith in Rohr's decisions but this one is hard to swallow with the palm wine served in the midst of elders.... there must be a reason's reason why Henry (Nigeria's most sought after player in Europe) is missing from the France camp plans....

But like you say.... make we just dey watch.... sad

On the flip side....
Meanwhile Yara Yara is partly to blame for this.... he hasn't submitted Henry's official number of confirmation to Rohr.... yara yara just tire me.... angry

Icon4s:

I thought he said the France camping was mostly to test new/young players. There could have been no better time to invite Henry Onyekuru than this.

At least we have seen a lot of Musa why not we see Onyekuru this time instead.

If he cannot test them in a game like this friendly is it in the big games we have ahead.

Well, make I just dey look first .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:00pm On May 08, 2017
I feel this is the very last chance Musa has to really impress ROHR. Probably Henry has already sealed his place owing to his performance this season and would join the team with Mikel, Moses and Co, hence Musa is being reassessed, as Henry warms up to take his place. IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On May 08, 2017
My Oga.... Biko coolu down inugo..... biko calm down.... odi kwa somehow finally but ehmmmmm..... it is well.... Onyekuru will get his invite sooner than we think... I believe...

Sir Tbaba1234's updates on the lad is always screaming goals, top performances and more.... relax... This lad is too good to be ignored twice or thrice....

edi287:

I swear I will never take Rohr seriously again if him no invite am for the SA match. Our most inform forward. Na wa ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2017
Bia Nwokem.... how did you get that info? because Yara Yara just brought a parcel moments ago about this Onyekuru matter.

angry

But yeah... you may actually have a point there. I believe Onyekuru may just be in line for invitation for the south Africa game after this France camp where Rohr will drop some players definitely.

ChrisKels:
I feel this is the very last chance Musa has to really impress ROHR. Probably Henry has already sealed his place owing to his performance this season and would join the team with Mikel, Moses and Co, hence Musa is being reassessed, as Henry warms up to take his place. IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2017
Everton Bound Midfielder Beats Everton Target Onyekuru To Best Black Player Award In Belgium

Anderlecht midfield sensation in Youri Tielemans has been voted the winner of this year Ebony Shoe Award in Belgium., the award usually given out to the best player of African descent playing in the league.

Tielemans who is rumoured to be heading to Everton in a bid reportedly worth 22 million pounds plays for the Belgian national team, but he is of Congolese descent which qualifies him for the award.

Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru who is also a reported target for the Premier League side after scoring 20 goals this season finished in 4th position in the five man shortlist for the award.

Tielemans is now the tenth player of Anderlecht who have won the award since it’s inception in 1992 with Nigeria’s Daniel Amokachi winning the inaugural award.

The 20 year old was nominated for the award two years ago but finished a distant 4th, before lifting this season after scoring 18 goals with 15 assists in all competitions for Anderlecht this season.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/08/everton-bound-midfielder-beats-everton-target-onyekuru-to-best-black-player-award-in-belgium/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmmmm..... me sef just dey look you Chief.... Abeg Yara Yara... I know say na your fault say Onyekuru no dey list but bring small chair for Chief.... He is about to have part of himself inducted into the halls of Youth, Rookies and precocity.... grin

So U don tire for "Experienced" Musa.... and now want uhmmmm.... "sweet fresh greenhorn" Onyekuru..... Chief Icon4s.... you are crossing into my territory.... just like I cross into yours sometimes on experience.... so na 1-1.... grin tongue

But on a serious note..... You are right. Sir Tbaba is right.... Sir Edi287 is also right... you all have a right to be mad at that omission... me I am not mad oooo.... I am craze-maddd and I have already booked ticket to go Meet Rohr with Sir TheGoodJoe's plank.... just in case.

Honestly I have strong faith in Rohr's decisions but this one is hard to swallow with the palm wine served in the midst of elders.... there must be a reason's reason why Henry (Nigeria's most sought after player in Europe) is missing from the France camp plans....

But like you say.... make we just dey watch.... sad

On the flip side....
Meanwhile Yara Yara is partly to blame for this.... he hasn't submitted Henry's official number of confirmation to Rohr.... yara yara just tire me.... angry

If you recall my comments about Musa a couple of pages back, I believe he may not be in the best frame of mind now due mainly to family issues. I recommended Onyekuru in his place.

That aside, this is just a friendly that has no significance on the FIFA ranking. Test those green horns now so we know which ones are really ready to face the challenge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:23pm On May 08, 2017
Icon4s:

Again you assume that the only way to success in life is formal education.

Are u against formal education or children not playing if they fail?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2017
Pesin no fit play with you again..... angry

Ofcos I recall your comments on Musa.... tongue

Hoping Onyekuru makes the roster for the Afcon qualifiers shaa.... or even the Cameroun games

Icon4s:

If you recall my comments about Musa a couple of pages back, I believe he may not be in the best frame of mind now due mainly to family issues. I recommended Onyekuru in his place.

That aside, this is just a friendly that has no significance on the FIFA ranking. Test those green horns now so we know which ones are really ready to face the challenge.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Laveda(f): 11:25pm On May 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Abeg no vex...... me sef dey in super shock.... I wan strangle Yara Yara sef.....

smiley Good evening

Please you have any idea how I can reach Debbie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2017
Icon4s:

Also, you do not chose the kind of child you'll have but you, as a parent, can play a major role in developing a child's level of intelligence. That is where a Lion's son becomes also a Lion.

A parent can invest all the time and money in the world and still end up with an hard headed child who no hear word.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:59pm On May 08, 2017
Rohr i am with you in times of winning and lossing
without onyekuru on your list vex me but sha i trust you will never fall my hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:19am On May 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:52am On May 09, 2017
Is this an authentic list? No Kenneth Omeruo? And I thought (heard) that both Emmanuel Daniel and Onyekuru were invited. Their names are missing on this list.

I don't get it.

O pari

tbaba1234:
THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (FC IfeanyiUbah); Dele Alampasu (Cesarense FC, Portugal)

Defenders: Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany); William Ekong (KAA Gent, Belgium); Uche Agbo (CF Granada, Spain); Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Tyronne Ebuehi (ADO Den Haag, The Netherlands); Elderson Echiejile (Sporting Gijon, Spain); Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto, Portugal)

Midfielders: Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (CD Feirense, Portugal); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Mikel Agu (Vitoria Setubal, Portugal); Alhassan Ibrahim (Akwa United FC)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Leicester City, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Stephen Odey (MFM FC); Olanrewaju Kayode (FC Austria Wien, Austria); Isaac Success (Watford FC, England); Noah Serenren-Bazee (Hannover 96, Germany); Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg FC, Germany); Sikiru Olatubosun (MFM FC)

TO JOIN TEAM IN PARIS AFTER ENGLISH FA CUP FINAL

Ola Aina (Chelsea)

Alex Iwobi (Arsenal)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:58am On May 09, 2017
Icon79:
Is this an authentic list? No Kenneth Omeruo? And I thought (heard) that both Emmanuel Daniel and Onyekuru were invited. Their names are missing on this list.

I don't get it.

O pari

Omeruo, Victor Moses, Onazi, Mikel etc will most likely join the team before SA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:13am On May 09, 2017
Seem like it. But I am concerned that we're only taking two goalkeepers to the camp.

Onyekuru, as well, ought to be in the camp.

O pari

tbaba1234:

Omeruo, Victor Moses, Onazi, Mikel etc will most likely join the team before SA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:45am On May 09, 2017
"Most of the other players like Ogenyi Onazi, Victor Moses and co who were not named in this list for the camping in France would be called up for the game against Bafana Bafana of South Africa. The reason is because most of them will still be busy with their clubs, who will be wrapping up the season,"

Super Eagles spokesman Toyin Ibitoye explained to supersport.com.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:44am On May 09, 2017
Nobody is celebrating Odey's inclusion after the uproar here. Now we are complaining of Onyekuru's omission. My people this na Corsica friendly o. Patience patience patience.
When Onyekuru finally gets in that team he will hardly be displaced. Now let's see if Odeh can make the cut.

The list is a very good one! Rohr keep roaring.

Icon4s:

I thought he said the France camping was mostly to test new/young players. There could have been no better time to invite Henry Onyekuru than this.

At least we have seen a lot of Musa why not we see Onyekuru this time instead.

If he cannot test them in a game like this friendly is it in the big games we have ahead.

Well, make I just dey look first .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:48am On May 09, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Are u against formal education or children not playing if they fail?
You see again. You think I am against formal education.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50am On May 09, 2017
Icon79:
Seem like it. But I am concerned that we're only taking two goalkeepers to the camp.

Onyekuru, as well, ought to be in the camp.

O pari

Two goalies I think will be OK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:54am On May 09, 2017
And just like I predicted Aluko is out again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:27am On May 09, 2017
Icon4s:

I need another explanation as to why Rohr prefers Osimhen over this guy.
You don de see wetin I de see ba

You don de ask my type of questions ba

Ntôôôô Mmèèêèéé gringringringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2017
Joebie:
Nobody is celebrating Odey's inclusion after the uproar here. Now we are complaining of Onyekuru's omission. My people this na Corsica friendly o. Patience patience patience.
When Onyekuru finally gets in that team he will hardly be displaced. Now let's see if Odeh can make the cut.

The list is a very good one! Rohr keep roaring.

when will this guy Onyekuru get his chance, he should be in he team now. The cohesion between himself, nacho, iwobi, ndidi should start now, I'm not happy with his omission if those names are for real.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:58am On May 09, 2017
terzurum5:

I feel Oshimien has no business with he national team for now, I don't see how a player who have not played one professional game will be called to camp and players like Onyekuru, Aluko or Samuel Kalu couldn't get a look in

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:00am On May 09, 2017
Hey guys ,,,make una cool down

Maybe Rohr does not fancy his style
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:13am On May 09, 2017
zicky:
I feel Oshimien has no business with he national team for now, I don't see how a player who have not played one professional game will be called to camp and players like Onyekuru, Aluko or Samuel Kalu couldn't get a look in
exactly my thought.
Another big exclusion is Aluko. I don't see these guys(henry, kalu, sone) joining the team for the south Africa game. The france camping is the best shot Rohr has to access these boys.

Well, as Sir Icon4s has earlier stated that Henry should continue his thing and one day he'll get called up. I only hope a dream move to a bigger club materialised.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:26am On May 09, 2017
zicky:
I am also of the opinion that if a player like Victor Osimhen is to be invited on the bases of his young promising talent, it shouldn't be at the detriment of chances for Paul, Kayode and Adi.

Victor Osimhen still has several years ahead of him. He can be invited to train but not to take up the chances of lads who have impressive stats.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2017
Maaybe if Onyekuru have a duel citizenship with the other country going after him that's when Nigeria would want to rush him to play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2017
Chances of these players ivited soon will be
onyekuru move to Everton or sevilla or any geman team
Aluko fulham got promoted to premier league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by profbabatunde: 9:03am On May 09, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2017
terzurum5:

Haha haha but asked that question before the full list came out. Both Kayode and Osimhen are there. Ntooooooorrrrr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2017
Icon4s:

You see again. You think I am against formal education.

If u are not against it then let all children go to school. Not just your children and the ones u truly care about, every single child.

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (16532) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, cromz(m), justvictor57(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.