Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12003087 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9447) (9448) (9449) (9450) (9451) (9452) (9453) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2020
daveP:
Not needed? How? Even Ancelotti was once seen beckoning to him where to stay while defending. So its definitely needed.

That's Everton. For a team that uses high press, teams like Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea his defensive actions are not needed if it's not in the final third
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2020
Danielnino00:

Have some shame na undecided

Which shame? You are being mischievous.

Maybe you have fish brain.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2020
Another Nigerian likely to grace La Liga

His name is Saturday Keigo Erimuya. A Central Defender doing his thing for Cadiz/Cadiz B.

He played the first 45 mins for Cadiz in their preseason friendly yesterday and had a decent showing. Wore Jersey #37. The coach introduced new players in the second half. Game ended 1-1 but the goals came in the second half.

Hé featured majorly for Cadiz B in the Spanish Third tier and was one of their main stays in the side. Starting 26 games. Was never subbed in once. Also, he stands at 1.90m.

Note: He was part of the Siasia-coached Nigeria U-23 side that won bronze at the Rio 2016 Olympic games. He only played 1 minute+ in the whole competition vs Honduras in the third place tie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2020
barackodam:

See as e resemble charcoal for there.

Na wa o, and Etebo still light pass me. E mean sey I no fit stand beside those men in that circumstance. That will be the real definition of shadow grin

What's wrong with his complexion or yours? It was never of your own making so why feel inferior? You're as black as someone else is white, so what?

TV has turned us to associate our black skin as associated with everything unattractive and it's annoying.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Danielnino00:

Jajajajjajjajajajja! Caught by the balls!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

What's wrong with his complexion or yours? It was never of your own making so why feel inferior? You're as black as someone else is white, so what?

TV has turned us to associate our black skin as associated with everything unattractive and it's annoying.

Life hard you o. Ha!

Is there any atom of seriousness in what I posted. I had to even come out and say I'm darker than Etebo so you'd know I wasn't dissing him.

No be mouth, but I can bet anything you're not as much a Pan Africanist as I am.

But that's not the point. Have fun, crack jokes. Don't take anything too serious. I didn't advise him to bleach, neither did I denigrate him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2020
forgiveness:

You've been exposed, the screenshot stated that clearly, instead of taking your L and move on, you're throwing insults around, tells very much about your person.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2020
Nigerian players expected/likely to be in action in Europe today - Sept.10

Swedish Allsvenskan

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Hammarby - Home game.

Akinkunmi Amoo (Hammarby) vs IFK Goteborg - Away game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (IFK Norrkoping) vs Ostersunds FK - Home game.

Innocent Bonke (Malmo FF) vs Örebro - Away game.

Isaac Boye (Örebro) vs Malmo FF - Home game.

Israeli Liga Leumit - 2nd tier

Adebayo Adeleye, GK (Hapoel Jerusalem FC) vs Hapoel Kfar Shaken FC - Away game.

Bonus:

MLS

Orji Okonkwo (Montreal Impact) vs Toronto FC - Home game.
*Game already played. Montreal lost 1-2 at home. Orji Okonkwo played the final 10mins as an 80th min sub in. Ayo Akinola is back from injury and also featured for Toronto for the final 10mins.

Tunisian Ligue 1

US Monastir (Anthony Okpotu) vs Soliman - Away game
*Okpotu boasts 13 league goals in 23 league games so far for Monastir who sit third on the Table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

You've been exposed, the screenshot stated that clearly, instead of taking your L and move on, you're throwing insults around, tells very much about your person.

Think before you rush to make comment.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2020
Etebo appreciation post. Might not be the prettiest but he has been the best performer for us in our last two competitions. Finally going to a big club and I am sure we will finally see the quality on a consistent basis.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2020
forgiveness:

Still no shame...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

Na wa o, somebody cannot joke in peace again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2020
barackodam:

Life hard you o. Ha!

Is there any atom of seriousness in what I posted. I had to even come out and say I'm darker than Etebo so you'd know I wasn't dissing him.

No be mouth, but I can bet anything you're not as much a Pan Africanist as I am.

But that's not the point. Have fun, crack jokes. Don't take anything too serious. I didn't advise him to bleach, neither did I denigrate him.

There are a lot of things that start out as jokes, overtime we found that these things we laughed about have grown to be a giant monument of ideological struggles.

Imma give you an example. When you put on your TV to get entertained and you think o, this is a sitcom I ought to enjoy, but then you see the portrayal of men there as some bunch of dweebs, clumsy, dumb, scared to death of their women, having no opinion at all in their own homes, you think it's funny, until such traits are endorsed as the ideal way a man should be.

I'm not accusing you of dissing him, I'm dissing you for talking down on the black skin even though jokingly.

And you're right, life is harder for me as a man than it ought to be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

Jajajajjajjajajajja! Caught by the balls!!

If he is looking for another long, endless and unnecessary argument today,he won't get it from me..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2020
stop bothering yourself you can't shame the shameless. i can't count the number of times i've provided numerous receipts to disprove some of his arguments using even his favorite transfer market. instead of him to be humble and accept he will just spin into another silly argument.

Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2020
chrisooblog:
stop bothering yourself you can't shame the shameless. i can't count the number of times i've provided numerous receipts to disprove some of his arguments using even his favorite transfer market. instead of him to be humble and accept he will just spin into another silly argument.

He has some serious attitude problem.

It's not like somebody will kill him for admitting he is wrong and moving on.. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Etebo appreciation post. Might not be the prettiest but he has been the best performer for us in our last two competitions. Finally going to a big club and I am sure we will finally see the quality on a consistent basis.

His versatility is supposed to be his strength, but, so far, it has been his weakness.

He has never been established at a particular position, this has further stunted his development.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:12am On Sep 10, 2020
forgiveness:

Think before you rush to make comment.

angry angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2020
The only two reasons I am okay with this move is that he will play consistently and Gala is a big club in the Super Lig. As for his Super Eagles place, he is no longer a starter but he remains one of our reliable lieutenants whenever he is on the field.

All the best Etebo. 1.2Million Euros/yr as Salary is quite a step-up financially compared to what Stoke paid him. wink

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2020
Danielnino00:

Still no shame...

Why do you have low IQ like this?

You saw my post stating clearly "He didn't...I am only talking about AFCON" after I made that statement but you still want to stick to the old post.

I have always told you to use your brain but .... what a pity.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2020
Stephen Odey undergoes Medicals at Amiens SC. Close to wrapping up his loan move to the Ligue 2 club.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2020
Lewandowski or Suarez?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:25am On Sep 10, 2020
forgiveness:

Why do you have low IQ like this?

You saw my post stating clearly "He didn't...I am only talking about AFCON" after I made that statement but you still want to stick to the old post.

I have always told you to use your brain but .... what a pity.

You made the first claim at 7:00pm .

Then you denied it at 7:55pm..

Because you denied a statement doesn't mean you never said it..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

His versatility is supposed to be his strength, but, so far, it has been his weakness.

He has never been established at a particular position, this has further stunted his development.

He has been one of our best players in 2 straight tournaments. The world cup wasn't even close. He made a silly move by going to stoke before the world cup but whenever he wears green and white he is special.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2020
There are reports going on that Everton are planning to make a bid for Hirving Lozano..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
The only two reasons I am okay with this move is that he will play consistently and Gala is a big club in the Super Lig. As for his Super Eagles place, he is no longer a starter but he remains one of our reliable lieutenants whenever he is on the field.

All the best Etebo. 1.2Million Euros/yr as Salary is quite a step-up financially compared to what Stoke paid him. wink

Don't be too sure about the bolded...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Stephen Odey undergoes Medicals at Amiens SC. Close to wrapping up his loan move to the Ligue 2 club.

Oh thank you God. The nightmare is over.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2020
elunico:

angry angry

The statement was made on August 20th at 7pm but this statement in the snapshot below made on the same August 20th at 7:55pm, was made to correct the statement.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

How is he not a starter? Rohr will never drop Etebo. We are even begging that he substitute him sometimes grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2020
Subzero047:
Lewandowski or Suarez?

Lewandowski of course but Suarez is like this because he gave everything for Barca. He came back from every injury early and he did all the running for Messi. I am sure he will thrive if he is just allowed to stay up top and be a point man. Still a great finisher
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2020
The next few lists will re-affirm the fact Etebo won't be starting as much games anymore. Aribo is now in and his presence means Etebo won't be a guaranteed starter. Ndidi and Iwobi are guaranteed starters in our midfield as things stand.

With the likes of Ejaria coming in. Onomah to follow in the near future, a Ramon Azeez who can play DM and CM and a rejuvenated Nwakali at Huesca (provided he get games and impresses), Etebo won't have it easy starting games in this next phase of the Super Eagles evolution.

Rohr still rates Etebo and he should be in the list for the upcoming friendlies provided he is fit. That's certain. But believe me when I tell you that Etebo faces a fight for a place. He is not a guaranteed starter anymore.

And that begging to sub him out sometimes... Was in a time when we lacked midfield options. Now, we are seeing Midfielders emerging again.

BascoVanVeli:

How is he not a starter? Rohr will never drop Etebo. We are even begging that he substitute him sometimes grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Lol. He needs this so badly. A chance to get playing again and I believe he will deliver in Ligue 2. It is his chance to relaunch himself.

BascoVanVeli:

Oh thank you God. The nightmare is over.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9447) (9448) (9449) (9450) (9451) (9452) (9453) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.