Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? (1159 Views)

Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos) / Things That Cause Regret In Old Age / Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
I returned home to stay with my parents for the Easter break but met my lovely mother in tears. I noticed really strange transformations, Dad no longer sleep in his room! My mother's room is now is new home.

Growing up with my parents wasn't really a nice experience especially with the physical , emotional and verbal fights . Sometimes the Cold Wars can be quiet loud and destructive!

As I watched her wail in silence, I waited for her to narrate what the problem was, I was already trying to control my temper as I knew Dad may be the cause of her tearful melancholy. It's not unknown that my mom complains virtually of all kinda of diseases tormenting her. When i call her on phone, she would lower her voice and in a dramatic way narrate how she is dealing with waist pain, chest pain, leg pain, menopausal heat, eye pain, breast pain, rheumatism, tooth ache, BP,Ulcer, headache, she will also complain about the pains her dogs is going through, how they have refused to eat, how the other dog rejected the freshly made okra soup with the foetus of a go at Baba Ismaila the "ele ero" usually keep for her dogs. All these are diseases that need to be cured urgently! After one of such phone conversations, I decided to call her with an unknown number, she picked, not realising she did, I overheard her in the background screaming at one the dogs, after which she continued singing in a loud voice one of those very crude Owerri songs.I knew for sure she was doing justice to the song with her "waist pain".

After wiping her tears with her wrapper, she narrated in pains how she had an argument with my dad. Words were exchanged, old wounds opened and then my dad then without conscience called her "Boko Haram".

"papa gi Nchem anya, were giri onu oji eri ji n'ede kpom BOKO HARAM! "=Ya papa use the same mouth wey him take dey chop yam and coco yam call me Boko Haram? !!

O boy! I burst laugh (of course in my head), but she caught the little awed smile I gave and took offence immediately. She usually accuse me of being heartless like my dad, I immidiately changed my smile to more worried look so as not compound whatever she is going through,and of course to escape yet again of being called my 'father's daughter. "

"Mummy, abeg forget daddy, it's just an argument, you should have called him ISIL or Taliban" I immediately grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote it down for her to remember.I educated her how those two groups are worst than boko haram. I noticed she felt relieved a bit.

I placated her for some minutes, and left her afterwards to take care of other things.

Looking back now, i can't help but to wonder why she cried over being called Boko Haram. It destructed her.I called her Boko Haram last night and we spent few minutes laughing our intestines out.

She is a beautiful and cheerful woman, i must confess. My mother!

3 Likes

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
How old?
My dad is 79 and smtyms acts lyk a 6yr old boy.

My dad gave me money, sends me on an errand and I said 'I can't got'. I was suprised when he said 'oya, gimme my money back'. I did not stop laffing.

It's old age

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
God bless my mother and Eggovin 'mama' !

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Raphafire101: 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
It's old age ohhh...some will ask u one question like ten times....

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ohhhh why did you no manage to have a bit of your moms heart.... Daddy pikin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by greatgod2012(f): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
As beautiful as old age is, it usually comes with its challenges. That's why in Yoruba land, there is a saying......... Agba Soro da, meaning being aged comes with difficulty.

So, @ op, it's old age.

2 Likes

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Yea, I'm sure it's old age.Its quiet strange to me.Im beginning to adjust to the fact that my parents are getting old.My mom is getting too sensitive, and no longer as strong as she use to be. It hurts to digest those facts.
Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
favoured234:
Ohhhh why did you no manage to have a bit of your moms heart.... Daddy pikin grin

the things I took from my mom and her own mother is being jovial and vulgar, hardworking and stubborn.My mama no dey gree ooo, but she has self control unlike me Though my vulgarity is worst than my mother's. Lmao!
Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by myfantasies(f): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
I don't know what to say about my own parents

Most days dere attitude will make us laugh our ass out

Dere was a day my mum said she was looking for her phone, nd d phone is in her pocket, my senior brother call now came in, she brought out phone nd answered the call, telling my senior brother dat she is not happy, dat she is looking for her phone, somebody has stolen it.

My senior brother now asked her which phone is she using to receive his call, wen my mum checked the phone, d words dat came out of her mouth was epic

We couldn't stop laughing

2 Likes

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by timidapsin(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
myfantasies:
I don't know what to say about my own parents

Most days dere attitude will make us laugh our ass out

Dere was a day my mum said she was looking for her phone, nd d phone is in her pocket, my senior brother call now came in, she brought out phone nd answered the call, telling my senior brother dat she is not happy, dat she is looking for her phone, somebody has stolen it.

My senior brother now asked her which phone is she using to receive his call, wen my mum checked the phone, d words dat came out of her mouth was epic

We couldn't stop laughing
yeah i remember that day cheesy
Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by myfantasies(f): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
timidapsin:
yeah i remember that day cheesy
Smh

I know know say na d same mother born d both of us grin
Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by Beremx(f): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
Your mama fucck up. She would have called your dad Agbero. That one na im pain pass. grin
Chai! husband and wife matter eh, na God go save us.

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by tpiah01: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
how the other dog rejected the freshly made okra soup with the foetus of a go at Baba Ismaila

what is the meaning of this?

who is doing all these fetish again now?

1 Like

Re: Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What? by praxisnetworks: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
a sad reality....no one gets out of life alive.

EggovinMma:
Yea, I'm sure it's old age.Its quiet strange to me.Im beginning to adjust to the fact that my parents are getting old.My mom is getting too sensitive, and no longer as strong as she use to be. It hurts to digest those facts.

(1) (Reply)

. / Tell Me Ooo! / Breakthrough Conference With Dr. Mike Murdock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.