Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,008 members, 7,873,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

My Support For Saraki, A Political Gain For Kwara---kwara PDP Scribe NAN-H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Support For Saraki, A Political Gain For Kwara---kwara PDP Scribe NAN-H (367 Views)

Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake / Police Beat Taiye Elebiyo Edeni, NAN Reporter At Dry Port Inauguration In Kaduna / Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Support For Saraki, A Political Gain For Kwara---kwara PDP Scribe NAN-H by babanett: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
My support for Saraki, a political gain for Kwara---Kwara PDP Scribe

NAN-H

Saraki

Ilorin, March 31, 2016 (NAN) Chief Rex Olawoye, Publicity Secretary of People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara, on Thursday in Ilorin said his supports for the Senate President Dr. Bukola Saraki is a political gain for the people of the state.

Olawoye, said this during interview with the newsmen when he was reacting against the continued trial of the Senate President by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

He said his statement should be viewed as a political gain for the people of the state rather than being tagged "a political statement."

He maintained he remains an active member of the PDP and added that politics should be seen as a beneficial game "when the benefits are overtly seen" and an ideology when there is a need "to be rigid".

The PDP spokesman had in Ilorin on Wednesday declared his support for Saraki against his trial by the CCT citing the alleged stance of the PDP on the issue at the national level.

"At the beginning of this episode on Saraki, he got the full supports of all the PDP senators at the Red Chambers and by an extension the supports of the party at the National level.

"That was what produced for us the post of the Deputy President of the Senate.

"Besides, whatever anyone would say, the state is at the driving seat today at the National Assembly and I see all these as drivable benefits from the occupation of the post of the office of the Senate President" Olawoye said.

He recalled how he had worked with Saraki's father (late Olusola Saraki) and how he was allegedly influential to the emergence of Saraki as the Governor of Kwara some 13 years ago.

"Even though our political views no longer tally today, I remember on how i risked my life for him when the going was rough against the then incumbent Governor (late Mohammed Lawal).

"I will therefore not want the house we jointly build to collapse" He added.

Reacting to the Kwara PDP scribe's position, his counterparts in the APC,  Alhaji Sulaiman Buhari, commended Olawoye for separating politics of bitterness and that of development.

He added that his position has vindicated what his party stands for.

"Chief Olawoye, is an elder statesman who understands what is going on with the Senate President's trial at the CCT.

"The office of the Senate President belongs to all Nigerians and a huge gain to the people of North Central especially Kwara State" Buhari said.(NAN)
Re: My Support For Saraki, A Political Gain For Kwara---kwara PDP Scribe NAN-H by Fmartin(m): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na to dey? Politics na personal interest na

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Still OPAQUE!!! "Continues To Withold Billions Of Dollars In Oil Sales...." / I Underestimated Challenge Of Being Governor – El-rufai / Ekiti APC Youth Threaten To Leave The Party!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.