Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,503 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (914010 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Autophys1: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
@TripleKMama. Go wit d fone u reGistered ur BVN wit. Dey'll ask u to dial sometin & ur bvn wil pop out. I didn't use any BVN card unless it's a new dev
All d best.

@Ezemistic
Don't bother going to Travellex at MMIA if you don't have your BVN CARD. They don't accept 'the phone you registered your BVN with'.
I was there yesterday with a friend who was travelling with her passport, visa, boarding pass and 'the phone she registered her BVN with'. She could not buy $$. We spoke to the guy in charge, appealed to him, he politely told us he could not sell to her without her BVN CARD. He described all sorts of corruption that used to go on there.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
TOKNOW:

Calling the customer care and booking over the phone and paying with Naira cash at GTB makes a lot of sense. I just paid today for a flight of 845 dollars plus 30 dollars service charge for booking over the phone, making it a total of 875 dollars, but I paid a total of 281,775.76 at GTB, this means that they charged only 322 naira per dollar. I think its good.

Why you no talk since last 3 months that I posted how I bought my ticket na. Could have saved hundreds of thousands with this booking. Better late than never. Chai. I am just counting my losses. Thanks for this information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
TOKNOW:

Calling the customer care and booking over the phone and paying with Naira cash at GTB makes a lot of sense. I just paid today for a flight of 845 dollars plus 30 dollars service charge for booking over the phone, making it a total of 875 dollars, but I paid a total of 281,775.76 at GTB, this means that they charged only 322 naira per dollar. I think its good.

Nice one. I can almost guess where that flight is headed from, and to! But just check out same ticket options with wakanow and see what the difference looks like. Buying directly from the airline remains the best option though, but not always the cheaper option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyOk: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow i am a jan mom to be too. i am headed to atlanta soon and i am hoping to meet friends from NL. Especially if u are using northside

I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
If any1 from UAE have done it Pls PM me..
Regards & well wishes to all.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ringofGod: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hey people, want to find out about traveling with food. Are we allowed to carry ogi, iru, crayfish and egusi? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyOk: 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
cyntop:
Hello leleti, congrats on your POE.. Would also be using Dr Andrew. Would be traveling to Atlanta next month by God's grace.

I am also using dr andrews and northside hospital. Will be leaving for atlanta in nov. Are u using northside? I dont mind having a buddy to share experiences with
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:30am On Oct 07, 2016
U no greet me! No one even missed me.

Firsty I no even get ya time anymore as my baby don come. Bouquomie and I delivered on Monday evening, babies, mothers, grannies, dads etc doing well.

Cheers to the house.

firsttymum:
Udiboy Hmmmm....

Ladyguinivere how u dey
Popri
Nefertitiram
Nita2013
Modath
I greet thee grin

Olokings general how r u doing
Bigfido I saw u peeping
Shawlar it af tey o

When I see d dollar situation... All I can say is it is well.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 6:38am On Oct 07, 2016
@Ladyok, I am also Atlanta Jan to be mom, u can pm Me so we can rub minds together, meanwhile u can notify the embassy of ur itention, I don't tink it's a problem after all its ur money and it's not illegal atall.

quote author=LadyOk post=49980716]Wow i am a jan mom to be too. i am headed to atlanta soon and i am hoping to meet friends from NL. Especially if u are using northside

I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adluv: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2016
@Clyntop, let's hook up am also Atlanta mom to be Pls email me adhezekiah@gmail.com

quote author=cyntop post=49693345]Hello leleti, congrats on your POE.. Would also be using Dr Andrew. Would be traveling to Atlanta next month by God's grace.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2016
LadyOk:
Wow i am a jan mom to be too. i am headed to atlanta soon and i am hoping to meet friends from NL. Especially if u are using northside

Please read first page of this thread
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2016
Happytbaby congratulations to you and bouqoumie on your bundles of joy cheesy kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2016
Urgent!
Pls who posted something about St Mary's NJ saying u could bring ur own certified Dr or midwife? Pls could u throw more light on details? @KayLayChi @Chloe7 @LadyG @Imo007 @madamNerf @happytbaby
Abeg epp a sister on hot seat grin
See baptism of monikers shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by misscanada123: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2016
ringofGod:
Hey people, want to find out about traveling with food. Are we allowed to carry ogi, iru, crayfish and egusi? Thanks

Stuff like egusi and dried pepper has to be blended to pass through. I don't know if crayfish is allowed if unblended. Also don't know about iru but I know someone who brings it in all the time but she wraps it so well that even a dog can't sniff it o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2016
Tripplekmama funtolash is the one who used St Marys NJ o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2016
funtolash:
Hello everyone and happy new month. Glad to be part of the part 4 journey.

@All new mummies, congratulations.

May all our dreams and hardworking on our children be fruitful IJN.

finally got an hospital in New Jersey that provided me with their pricing, however I've been asked to contact a doctor for his bill. Once that his sorted, that's when they said they can take me in. Am positive that in the coming week I will have that sorted out. My EDD is still in October o. Just want to sort of as much as I can to avoid last minute rush.
cc TripleKMama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Rebarobyn: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2016
misscanada123:

Stuff like egusi and dried pepper has to be blended to pass through. I don't know if crayfish is allowed if unblended. Also don't know about iru but I know someone who brings it in all the time but she wraps it so well that even a dog can't sniff it o.

Regardless make sure you declare it. Worst case they'll tell you not to take it in. If you don't declare it, their fine can be up to $300 or so.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2016
happytbaby:

Firsty I no even get ya time anymore as my baby don come. Bouquomie and I delivered on Monday evening, babies, mothers, grannies, dads etc doing well.

Cheers to the house.

Oh sweetie how u dey now?
Vigilante is real ....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2016
Ezemistic:
Abuja travellex is hell oooh...with long queue and only with connections u can get it....Pls any guarantee for Lagos? Our flight is Oct 9th...and we are flying from Abuja...Can I take the risk to Lagos tomorrow....in short I m confused...My bank said my BVN Card (2222*******) is not ready...Anyone in d house who want to sell dollars @N400 I will buy oooh....Pls help me oooh

The bank can give you a letter to that effect. My friend got one from Zenith yesterday addressed to Travelex. Hopefully she will get the forex today...

Also, without boarding pass, they wont give you. Infact, after payment, the dollar will be given to you at the boarding gate... (that's what they started this week o)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2016
happytbaby:

Cheers to the house.

Congratulations happytbaby and Bouquomie... they will be a source of joy to you and their generation.. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2016
TripleKMama:
Urgent!
Pls who posted something about St Mary's NJ saying u could bring ur own certified Dr or midwife? Pls could u throw more light on details? @KayLayChi @Chloe7 @LadyG @Imo007 @madamNerf @happytbaby
Abeg epp a sister on hot seat grin
See baptism of monikers shocked
Funtolash used that hospital. Follow her bumper to bumper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2016
I'm following her o! but she no know abt my inquiry. No be she do dat research. I'll search again. e be like na @KayLayChi talk am. I'll call d hosp later on. Just wanted a swift answer. Tankx lots.
LadyGuinivere:

Funtolash used that hospital. Follow her bumper to bumper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Pamperme:

The bank can give you a letter to that effect. My friend got one from Zenith yesterday addressed to Travelex. Hopefully she will get the forex today...

Also, without boarding pass, they wont give you. Infact, after payment, the dollar will be given to you at the boarding gate... (that's what they started this week o)

Do you know anyone who could get this letter from GTB?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I really don't know anyone at GTB o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyOk: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Seems i added someone's post to mine. My post stopped at 'especially those using northside'
The dubai post nor be my own o. I told d embassy my intention to give birth. I am just here trying to decide which airline ticket to buy (because of comfort) also gathering dollars small small. I will try travelex as soon as i buy ticket. I am waiting for appointment letter from Dr V. Andrews.
By God's grace i will give u guys my POE and miraculous childbirth experience.
@Adluv, i will pm u soon. I am not sure how to do it as i be newbie for here.
Thanks for all ur replies guys! Wish u all da best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
XX01:

Why you no talk since last 3 months that I posted how I bought my ticket na. Could have saved hundreds of thousands with this booking. Better late than never. Chai. I am just counting my losses. Thanks for this information.

I DID NOT KNOW THIS AS AT THEN, I ONLY GOT THE INFO HERE THIS WEEK AND I FOLLOWED SAME PATH.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Nice one. I can almost guess where that flight is headed from, and to! But just check out same ticket options with wakanow and see what the difference looks like. Buying directly from the airline remains the best option though, but not always the cheaper option.

I disagree with you, the ticket at BA as I was told by the customer care I called amounted to 274,750 but its bank that will use their own exchange rate of 322 against BA 314 as at that day. When you book with agents, at the point of payment, it is not the same price you see at their site that you pay too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
I just got back from the GTB branch where i registered for BVN. They requested for my BVN and confirmed that my card was ready. I was told to pick it up next week. Maybe you should visit your bank for enquiries.
SlowlybtSurely:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
debby516:
I just got back from the GTB branch where i registered for BVN. They requested for my BVN and confirmed that my card was ready. I was told to pick it up next week. Maybe you should visit your bank for enquiries.

Did and was told mine wasn't ready. They also refused to give me any letter to that effect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hello guys. Time to share my POE experience. Got into Atlanta with my mum on Tuesday, Oct 4 via Qatar airline. I could see God at work all through the journey from naija to Atlanta. Was favoured at Lagos airport And trip to Doha was smooth and uneventful. Lodged at the airport hotel during the 9hrs layover time. Upon boarding for the Atlanta leg, I was asked if I required a wheel chair in Atlanta, I said no, that I'd be able to walk on my own.journey was long but smooth. Had a lot of empty seats so was able to stretch my legs and sleep comfortably. By the time we landed, I was told that a wheelchair was provided for me. I told them I didn't request for it. I was however still given one ooooo. Guess it was all God's plan sha.
Anyways, was wheeled to the CBP officer after using the self service machine. Jumped the queue cos of the wheelchair. I was asked a few questions which I answered truthfully: my purpose in US, why I chose to have my baby in US, how much I had on me, what my hospital fee was (he didn't believe the amount I told him and he asked for the invoice from the hospital which I provided), where I worked and what I did in Nigeria. Spent less than 5mins with him and was stamped in until April 2017. Went to agriculture for clearance and nothing was seized. Infact luggage was not even opened sef. In all, I give all glory to God. Now lounging and waiting for my doctor's appointment next week.

FOREX is still a huge challenge as I could only get $3k. Glad I was able to pay hospital fee via form A though before leaving naija. Shuttling between different cards right now before DH joins me.

Thanks everyone for all the info provided on this platform. Wishing everyone a successful POE experience.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
How do I renew my mums visa with drop box? She was asked to fill a form. We don de find d form since...not seen. Pls put us thru
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Travelex didn't honour my friend's letter but she was able to get after much begging and involving someone that knows someone (plenty wahala).

They like i said earlier refuse to give her the dollars, they told her she would be given at the boarding gate...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=49992528]
LadyG I hail, how do i get the drop box form. Need to renew my mums visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.