Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,164 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (915238 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ulio:
How do I renew my mums visa with drop box? She was asked to fill a form. We don de find d form since...not seen. Pls put us thru

You will fill the visa application form online,like everybody,the dropbox part comes up when you are about to book appointment ,they ask you a couple of questions,which will then qualify you for drop box

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pamperme:

Travelex didn't honour my friend's letter but she was able to get after much begging and involving someone that knows someone (plenty wahala).

They like i said earlier refuse to give her the dollars, they told her she would be given at the boarding gate...

They refused to give her at all or they refused to give her at their office but insisted it must be boarding gate?

What problem did they have with the letter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
dere5:

You will fill the visa application form online,like everybody,the dropbox part comes up when you are about to book appointment ,they ask you a couple of questions,which will then qualify you for drop box

Is that what DHL means by form. Which means we should print that pag?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hello Superdoll, pls can u now share ur POE experience with us? How was the Emirates flight to Houston?
superdoll:

modified

I am presently on board emirate (dubai -houston) . I only presented fit to fly from my doc and dey said its fine, only asked dt my doc shuld include my edd next time as he only wrote dt am 33wks, so u may want to get ur doc to include dt, even though it neva gave me issues. Am coming back wt my houston poe experience *wink*

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
Dear Thankful, please can u share ur Houston POE with us? thanks.

And to all those who recently travelled, pls kindly share ur POE pls. Some of us check this site often just to read the goodnews from u and prepare ourselves, pls. I dont want to start quoting pple's posts up and down, pls.
Thankful11011:
Hello my wonderful people, just got into Houston yesterday, I will be back to share my POE story which I am sure will be beneficial to a lot of people that wants to go through Houston, you just have to be prepared

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
TOKNOW:

I DID NOT KNOW THIS AS AT THEN, I ONLY GOT THE INFO HERE THIS WEEK AND I FOLLOWED SAME PATH.

Was just lamenting. Nothing against you. I am happy to get the information especially against next time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ulio:

Is that what DHL means by form. Which means we should print that pag?

What form are you talking about, is it the one they give you at dhl when you go to drop the passport? Or is it the printout you are expected to submit with your passport when you go to dhl ? what stage of the process are you actually? Throw more light,so that you can be advised properly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Gday NL mamas. So I arrived MD today from Abuja with BA, fit to fly was asked at check in, I gave them. Flight was good entertainment from LHR to BWI was awesome. ABJ to LHR was ok...requested for wheelchair but didn't use it. Here's my version of BWI poe

Cbp hello can I have ur passport, scans my prints, what's d purpose of this visit?
Vacation and child birth.

Cbp how much do u have on you
I have ... in cash, ...in cheque

Cbp Ok mam come with me
Hands my passport to another office and we walk to a room. People sitted and waiting.

As I jst sat down I brought out my envelop of burden of proof put it aside. I knew that was secondary inspection. After abt 10 mins I was called up by a male officer.
Hello why are you here?
Vacation and child birth...

Cbp ok do you have any kids
No this is my 1st

Cbp Alright, so how much do you have for this?
I have ... in cash, ...in cheque. (Total Less Dan 10k)
Brings out the money n counts it, takes a look at the cheque.

Cbp How long do you intend to stay on this trip?
8weeks n 2days.

At this point the female officer comes over to us.
Have you been here before?
ME: Yes Last Year I Was IN New York FOR 2weeks for....

When did you get married
Me : ....this yr
I brought out marriage certificate n miniature album hands it over to d male Cbp he goes through it.
He says you seem prepared

Female cbp: ur visa is for 2years was it issued for this purpose
Me : no, I actually wrote to the embassy and gt this reply.

Hands her the notification of travel plan letter wi th reply. She nods and u were replied 4 hrs later.
Me: I sent 1 initially to Abuja I didn't get a response, then I sent to Lagos and got this

Cbp ok

How mu ch do you have for th is trip
I repeated my self this time adding my adding my ATM card.
Female cbp: i M sorry, but deliveries cost abt 10 - 12 thousand usd. Dts for normal delivery not C section. Listen to me, make sure you pay your bills and keep all receipts cos next time you ll have to show them before you are allowed in.

How did you get to know abt the hosp
Me: a friend recommended it, I researched on it and scheduled an appointment.
I handed over the doctors correspondence and hosp correspondence to her. She takes a look at d date and says 10th sept.

She turns to the male Cbp do u have the hosp name and no?
D guy answers yes

Female how abt living expenses: where will u be staying?
I gave d adress, Name and phone number of my host. (Adds he's outside waiting)
Is he a relative ? Yes my mums brother

Male officer make sure u bring your receipts along on your next trip or interview whichever comes 1st.
Goodluck with having your baby. Stamps me in for 6mnths and opens d door for me to leave with his electronic key.

Over to baggage claim, then agric nothing was taken. I didn't bring much though. Now resting .. thank God for a successful trip. 1st Appointments next week

37 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
Former JJC haf port o! grin Congrats dear!
Ulio:
Gday NL mamas. So I arrived MD today from Abuja with BA, fit to fly was asked at check in

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
TripleKMama:
Former JJC haf port o! grin Congrats dear!
Lol.. Chai those days. Mamas here made me strong. I really appreciate and thank you all, really glad I was prepared especially after some1 some said sec inspection was certain

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
TOKNOW:

I disagree with you, the ticket at BA as I was told by the customer care I called amounted to 274,750 but its bank that will use their own exchange rate of 322 against BA 314 as at that day. When you book with agents, at the point of payment, it is not the same price you see at their site that you pay too.

Final payment figure is what we are weighing now I believe. Got the $845 ticket at a little cheaper than the airline's quote.The agents' price most times are some lil bit cheaper than that of the airlines. Downside is what happens if one runs into issues on the ticket purchased? The airlines got the edge there, they handle better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Atdor: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
Gud day everyone.
Pls I would need ur advice. For the past few weeks now have being calling virtually all the nos of hospital n doctor's I got on this thread. But responds were poor n not encouraging.

I later got 2 hospitals. Oakbend and Doctoresparati.
Oakland ask me to pay a deposit of $600 and Doctoresparati ask me to pay $150 for registration before appointment letter can be issue to me. and all of this payment will not be refundable if am not going to use the hospital.

My fear is the distance. One is 40mins to where I will be staying n the other is 9hrs .

My host promise to drive me around if and only if my hospital is around Kathy. And as I speak , all calls I made to Kathy hospitals says they don't do childbirth.

Pls I need your help.My flight is on the 14th of this month and I still don't have a Doctor, hospital nor an Appointment letter to show at POE.

God bless you as u respond. Help a sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Hopesprings: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Final payment figure is what we are weighing now I believe. Got the $845 ticket at a little cheaper than the airline's quote.The agents' price most times are some lil bit cheaper than that of the airlines. Downside is what happens if one runs into issues on the ticket purchased? The airlines got the edge there, they handle better.

Just to back up TOKNOW, I did same (booked via phone) a few days ago and paid at the bank using interbank rate of N314
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Atdor:
Gud day everyone.
Pls I would need ur advice. For the past few weeks now have being calling virtually all the nos of hospital n doctor's I got on this thread. But responds were poor n not encouraging.

I later got 2 hospitals. Oakbend and Doctoresparati.
Oakland ask me to pay a deposit of $600 and Doctoresparati ask me to pay $150 for registration before appointment letter can be issue to me. and all of this payment will not be refundable if am not going to use the hospital.

My fear is the distance. One is 40mins to where I will be staying n the other is 9hrs .

My host promise to drive me around if and only if my hospital is around Kathy. And as I speak , all calls I made to Kathy hospitals says they don't do childbirth.

Pls I need your help.My flight is on the 14th of this month and I still don't have a Doctor, hospital nor an Appointment letter to show at POE.

God bless you as u respond. Help a sis.

If you stay at Katy doctoresperati's is out of it for you

Oakbend is ok not too far, it's in sugar land. and the dr you chose may have an office in Katy. You will go to oakbend only when you are in labor

Methodist in Houston is also close to Katy all the best

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hi all

Been a while Iv been here so many new moniker

With the rise and rise of the dollar I'm even afraid to check the page make person no get belle by proxy grin

How's your lovely firsttymum she don born??

Congrats to all the people who recently recieved visa, or who have had safe journeys and successful Poe /'d safe birth
More dollars to all your pockets

LadyG kisses

Justwise I hail

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ulio the drilling was a serious one, thank God you were prepared, i'm glad you learnt all within the short period you had, enjoy your stay and safe delivery ahead!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
lobus:

Please ooo, anyone going to Houston tomorrow or next?
must the consent letter be notoralized at the us embassy or any other notary public..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Congrats dear. Wish u favour all d way even up to ur return.

gold638:
Hello guys. Time to share my POE experience. Got into Atlanta with my mum on Tuesday, Oct 4 via Qatar airline. ...

Thanks everyone for all the info provided on this platform. Wishing everyone a successful POE experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
desoul:

must the consent letter be notoralized at the us embassy or any other notary public..

US embassy only.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
lobus:

US embassy only.
thanks remain blessed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dunnibaby: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
TOKNOW:

Congrats, pls did you pay with cash or transfer?
Just seeing this. I paid cash at the same sky bank branch!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happymoi: 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
gold638:
Hello guys. Time to share my POE experience. Got into Atlanta with my mum on Tuesday, Oct 4 via Qatar airline.

Congrats on your POE experience. It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happymoi: 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=favoredgal post=50006756]Hi all

Been a while Iv been here so many new moniker

With the rise and rise of the dollar I'm even afraid to check the page make person no get belle by proxy grin

Don't worry. What goes up must come down. smiley so receive proxy belle now....hand under my mouth and blows the breeze. She staggers and receives. Congrats @ favouredgirl

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happymoi: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hopesprings:

Just to back up TOKNOW, I did same (booked via phone) a few days ago and paid at the bank using interbank rate of N314

If I will advise I will day that it's best to check flight options but ultimately book directly with the airlines. It's for convenience, easy and flexibility in adjustment especially since its birthing related just to avoid stories that touch. If it's for vacation you can consider agents. I booked BA in 2 batches. Bank charged at 437 using the card and physical payment at GTB I got a rate of 314. Though second ticket was more expensive in $ it ended up being cheaper in NGN. In this era, every Kobo counts

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=Ulio post=50001255][/quote]
Read the US embassy website. Read the dropbox section.
The form is the ds160. Same ds160
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Hopesprings:

Understood. But then, kindly help me get a cheaper ticket than this (as shown on the munched images below) on BA directly after all your conversions are done, meanwhile, it comes to about 311.65NGN to a dollar using wakanow. Mind you, it has even increased a little above the figure I got for with better timing too

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AyaAremu: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2016
Colouredgirl:
To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko!

Hello, how are you and LO? Pls i sent you a pm.kindly respond,thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thank you so much kiss

chloe7:
Happytbaby congratulations to you and bouqoumie on your bundles of joy cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Amen. Thank you so much.

Pamperme:

Congratulations happytbaby and Bouquomie... they will be a source of joy to you and their generation.. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Atdor: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pls did u have to pay for the Doctors correspondence before u were given by Dr Dana?
author=Jollybaby post=49016421]Hello all I have been a silent reader,thanks to everyone that has contributed to this great forum,i learnt a lot here. In the spiriit of giving back:flew qatar @ 35weeks with my DH on wenesday,was sent to port health for fit to fly,told the nurses I was 34wks but they refused to give me,said they don't give 34wks that it's 30wks they give that is govt policy after much they told DH he should write an undertaking in case of any eventuality which he did before they finally gave us but wrote 33wks. Got PTA from stanbic @350 and travelex @356. It was God all d way. Got to doha n was sent to meet a US rep:he asked wat we were going to d US for ,told him for childbirth/vacation,asked if we metioned dat during our interview we said no,but we later notified d embassy for change of plans,he asked to see it wich we showed him,he asked for doctors correspondence we gave him(am using Dr Dama/methodist Sugarland )he asked y going to d US to have d baby n y not in naija,we said for better health care cos mother /child mortality rate is high that's why we choose d US,he said they are going to review oakbend medical group cos most people tend to use them,after which he gave us our passport,waited for 2hrs before we left for New York,d flight was a long one we were 2pregie on d flight the other woman develop some complication and doctor/nurse we needed to attend to her,dnt knw wat happen wen we got to New York. We used the self automated machine,our slip was marked x,it was a long queue before it got to our turn,a female CBP officer attended to us,asked how long we are saying DH told here he would be staying for 10days while I would stay for 8wks,she asked y I would be staying that long,told her we are here for vacation and childbirth,she asked me to scan my finger n snap me,hubby did d same n our passport was stamped,checked the stamp and it was just B2 that was on the stamp,went back to meet her but she told us that it covers for the six month,that there is no problem.we were sent to agric cos I carried fish and some spices,our bags was rescaned nothing was seize,collected our luggage and went to chat up our flight with jetblue to houston.it was God all d way chilling at d hotel but would be using precious cedar,my appointment is next week. God bless and favour to all those coming behind [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happymoi: 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
@Atdor. You quoted a long message which exhausts the thread page quickly. Kindly amend and quote name or 1st paragraph only
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Boladami: 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
My wife just got to Huston few mins ago 9pm. According to her, the que was long she flew in from Dubai. It has been GOD RIGHT from Lagos consulate. Visa interview was itch free and very few questions. Same just like POE . She was only asked 2 questions AT POE

1. HOW ARE YOU
DW : AM FINE
2. HOW LONG WILL YOU BE STAYING
DW :3MONTHS
And she was stamped till April.
No further questions. And she is 35wks.

It was just God.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.