Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Process To Change - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Process To Change (314 Views)

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / 16 Short Sermons To Change Your Life / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Process To Change by gasperkoya(m): 8:34am On Apr 05, 2016
It will change your life for Good. Read and digest
THE PROCESS TO CHANGE
I'm a big fan of change, cause I really do believe in it, especially in the
church. My upbringing as a child in mix of believer of christ kind
of ingrained change into me; it helped me
accept change as a natural, inevitable fact
of life. This has been a helpful asset for me
in ministry.
The church needs to change. We've been
hearing this for years via countless books,articles, speakers, workshops, conferences,and blog posts. It's a new era and a new culture, we're told. The church can't just make the same assumptions about its place in the world any more. Both in terms of the way it functions internally and the way it
interacts with the surrounding community, the church needs to face the reality of each and make changes accordingly. There are at least two ways to go about it and it has been helping me on a long run/making changes.
The first follows the adage "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission." I've used this method plenty of times as I've tweaked worship, altered the way I structure confirmation and other programs, established my approach to visitation, and even when I've changed the way I've greeted people before worship (seriously, this was an issue at one point). Usually, this first method may be used with smaller things, or perhaps when a pastor is still new and establishing that he or she probably will end up doing things a bit differently than the last person. Depending on the issue, it could be used with larger items as well. There do come points when something is so obviously broken that ministry staff and/or the governing board could get away with an executive decision and then put out a few fires afterward. The second way to make changes is a little
more complicated, and a bit slower. It
recognises the complexity of a church
system and carefully weighs the impact of a decision on that system. This second
method recognises all the moving parts
involved and understands that it needs to
take its time, to evaluate, to consult.
Let's be clear about something with this
second way: change really is going to
happen. Sure, some churches use the
process as an excuse to put off a decision
until everyone gets so worn down that they stop caring and nothing happens. But that's not what I'm talking about. Instead, I'm talking about a process where the ones in charge of making a change do their homework first. They are propelled forward by a certain urgency, but they temper it with enough patience to make sure the people and programs it will affect have given their input and will have appropriate consideration in order to adjust. Taking the time to go through such a process doesn't mean change isn't coming. It just signals a desire to gather enough information and lay enough groundwork that the impending change comes in light of proper account of what it will affect. How will this change affect member? How will it alter program schedules? Do people in charge of
those programs know about the change
we're considering? How will this change
affect visitors? What impact might this
change have on various demographics of
our congregation, e.g., young families, youth, the elderly, etc.? What might this change do for our relationship to the community? These are questions worth pondering for a while. If you're asking them just to put off a decision, you're doing it wrong. But if you're asking them because you love your fellow members and want the best for your church as a whole going forward, not By you laying a bad example then you're taking the time to do it right. It is indeed better to ask forgiveness than permission sometimes. But other times call for a little more time, consideration, and care. Discerning which calls for which is the first step. Let make a positive change today...God bless you as you pass it on to reach millions of Christian. God bless you ( gasperkoya@gmail.com)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Of Today, Sunday, 17th April (white), 2016. / Your BIBLE Version, Complete Or Not? / What Would Jesus Wear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.