Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (31512 Views)

Why God Is Patient And Merciful / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
I'm not sure which gods they created in their respective images because I never had the chance to converse with them. However, I'm sure their gods give yours a run for its brutality

Seriously You don't get it ? They do not believe in any god and they committed despicable acts against humanity . You believe that I have such tendencies because of my belief in God - I mocked your supposition .

Floundering to understand fully, a concept which you created and assert as truth, can hardly be thought of as intelligence by any stretch of definition of that word.

You need to be conversant with the way I ridicule an atheist's beliefs . I am simply saying that it is impossible for man to create God when he can't even fully understand God .

Oh please, don't flatter yourself.

Check my signature bruv !
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by winner01(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2016
This should have ended from the first or second page or so. I think likening the God-man relationship to a Government/law- people relationship is what has taken this as far as this page. I think that comparison is wrong. This laws are people-made and the government is filled with people.

Comparing the God - man relationship to as low as even a Manufaturer - Phone relationship is even outrageous, because the manufacturer creates phones from pre-existing raw materials.

The God-man relationship cannot be compared to anything we know of, for if the universe is a product of God's command, how then could we even begin to fathom the extent of such power.

Atheists need to understand that they didnt ask to be created and so their Creator owes them no explanation whatsoever to whatever their opinons might be. I think the atheists do a great job likening the Creator to a man created in their brains and so feel they have the right to question or subject Him to His established laws.

I wish they posses this pride to an extent that they begin to make such demands from death, since death might not be substantial(existent) but manifest in our world.

The interesting this is and always will be that many have come and gone, but God's word will stand sure forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why are you ambivalent concerning God - you have conflicting beliefs about God and you cant decide which way . I saw your argument on the "What is nature exactly " thread - you agreed that nature was designed .

I don't see what that has to do with this present thread. anyway sha, I'm not conflicted about God, and yes I do believe that there is design in Nature and also Intelligence in Nature. This is no argument in favour of God.

Humans are intelligent, they are in nature. I also happen to believe that trees are intelligent, and rivers and rocks. None of this supports your beliefs.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2016
winner01:
This should have ended from the first or second page or so. I think likening the God-man relationship to a Government/law- people relationship is what has taken this as far as this page. I think that comparison is wrong. This laws are people-made and the government is filled with people.

Comparing the God - man relationship to as low as even a Manufaturer - Phone relationship is even outrageous, because the manufacturer creates phones from pre-existing raw materials.

The God-man relationship cannot be compared to anything we know of, for if the universe is a product of God's command, how then could we even begin to fathom the extent of such power.

Atheists need to understand that they didnt ask to be created and so their Creator owes them no explanation whatsoever to whatever their opinons might be. I think the atheists do a great job likening the Creator to a man created in their brains and so feel they have the right to question or subject Him to His established laws.

I wish they posses this pride to an extent that they begin to make such demands from death, since death might not be substantial(existent) but manifest in our world.

The interesting this is and always will be that many have come and gone, but God's word will stand sure forever.

True bro . We had to go really low to explain these things to them . They dont have the brains to understand . Wetin man can do na grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by winner01(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

True bro . We had to go really low to explain these things to them . They dont have the brains to understand . Wetin man can do na grin
Maybe we should just do this. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

I don't see what that has to do with this present thread. anyway sha, I'm not conflicted about God, and yes I do believe that there is design in Nature and also Intelligence in Nature. This is no argument in favour of God.

Humans are intelligent, they are in nature. I also happen to believe that trees are intelligent, and rivers and rocks. None of this supports your beliefs.

Pantheism it is then .

Anyway , there is design and intelligence in nature because natural systems are functional systems . It was designed that way , God designed nature . You agree with me .

Trees are intelligent - like elongating their roots in search of water , can release chemicals as a defense mechanism , can respond to changes in their environment in different ways .

I think you are unwilling to be stretched intellectually - like a philistine - I'm sure you can't give me an answer if you I should ask you how nature became intelligent .

Sorry we are digressing . I think the thread was not created for arguments , like winner01 mentioned, God indeed owes no one an explanation for his actions .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by winner01(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh dalaman , I missed you bro ! I thought you drowned in a pool of beer or something undecided grin .
grin ;DThis got me laughing grin grin. Its good to know you are well dalaman grin...
One of these days, we should go all the way to another 6 pages of debate. The way you sustain your arguments is quite something. grin

Good to hear from you once again. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2016
winner01:
Maybe we should just do this. grin grin

lwkmd ! ! ! cc : sonOfLucifer , JackBizzle do you have this app ? cheesy
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Seriously You don't get it ? They do not believe in any god and they committed despicable acts against humanity . You believe that I have such tendencies because of my belief in God - I mocked your supposition .
I don't believe you have genocidal tendencies because of your belief in god, I believe you are a genocidal lunatic because you're justifying acts of genocide. As despicable as atheist genocidal lunatics were/are, at least they didn't hide behind the command of some imaginary fella. While all perpetrators and defenders of genocide are equally disgusting, I reserve especial ignominy for cowards who use god as an excuse to satiate their blood thirst. So the joke really is on you! Do you get it now?

You need to be conversant with the way I ridicule an atheist's beliefs . I am simply saying that it is impossible for man to create God when he can't even fully understand God .
And I'm simply saying it doesn't take much intelligence to create a truck load of unintelligible, contradictory BS story about god which buckles under weight of scrutiny.

Check my signature bruv !
No.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by winner01(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

You mean the belief that creation is by the power of an intelligent being or creation by a big blind explosion?
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by freecocoa(f): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Baby boo that's a rather shallow moral guide to live by . Just hold on let me show you

1. Abortion - termination of life (murder) , can lead to the death of the woman - this can bring sorrow to her family members , friends and her loved ones .

2. Homosexuality - unnatural , sexual immorality , disgusting , can be associated with a a mental illness or psychiatric disorder , can lead to rape of a fellow unwilling male

3. Prostitution - sexual immorality , promotes infidelity - this had led to the breakdown of marriages ; causes emotional pain to the wife and children will be psychologically affected by the divorce as the case may be , demeaning , lead to spread of STDs - these diseases lead to death e.g HIV/AIDS , unsuspecting innocent wife can be infected

kiss
Because I live by a moral guide given by God - the law giver , the embodiment of moral good . His law clearly indicates the aforementioned as depravities and so they are .
1.what is murder? The intentional killing of another human person. Now is a foetus a person? If we are even to assume that a foetus is as sentinent as any other human being, an argument not supportable on the basis of scientific evidence, then the lack of knowledge and intent, is still enough to classify abortion as something other than murder. Not to even mention perhaps, a first trimester embryo is no more concious than a spleen and please, allow me to inform you that, abortion, has saved the lives of many women.

2.unnatural? That is rather bold a claim and I say it's not, you can find all the evidence you need in the animal Kingdom but humor me, let's say it is, how does it being unnatural make it wrong? Now hömosexuality is the cause of rape? Are we really going to have this argument?

3.Seriously? Prostitution is why marriages crash? So if I leave my door open, I'm the reason why the thief stole my stuff? I take it you have never heard of condoms, neither have you heard that HIV isn't only sexuality transmitted. So your reason against prostitution is so married women will have no troubles, do you even know the meaning of prostitution? Why restrict it to married men?

You are a joker, with your God blah blah.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
I don't believe you have genocidal tendencies because of your belief in god, I believe you are a genocidal lunatic because you're justifying acts of genocide. As despicable as atheist genocidal lunatics were/are, at least they didn't hide behind the command of some imaginary fella. While all perpetrators and defenders of genocide are equally disgusting, I reserve especial ignominy for cowards who use god as an excuse to satiate their blood thirst. So the joke really is on you! Do you get it now?

Nice try ! Such was obtainable in that dispensation . We Christians understand that and the atheists are simply disingenuous . Anyone who does any reprehensible acts under the guise of following an order from God is delusional .

And I'm simply saying it doesn't take much intelligence to create a truck load of unintelligible, contradictory BS story about god which buckles under weight of scrutiny.

Scrutiny or not . The fact still remains that God exterminated the wicked nations who committed atrocities . You can wail all day if you want tho
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by dalaman: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2016
winner01:
grin ;DThis got me laughing grin grin. Its good to know you are well dalaman grin...
One of these days, we should go all the way to another 6 pages of debate. The way you sustain your arguments is quite something. grin

Good to hear from you once again. cool

Good to hear from you too bro, hope you are good? I missed the back and forth grin grin. I no get energy for that one now.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nice try ! Such was obtainable in that dispensation . We Christians understand that and the atheists are simply disingenuous .
Poor excuse of a comeback, really!

Anyone who does any reprehensible acts under the guise of following an order from God is delusional .
The sanest thing you've said today. I give you points for coming to your senses. Therefore, I hope you can see Moses, Abraham, David and their likes for what they were.

Scrutiny or not . The fact still remains that God exterminated the wicked nations who committed atrocities . You can wail all day if you want tho
just when I was beginning to hold out hope that you have realised your folly. Okay then, wicked nations that consisted of boys, women and civilians. Like I said, I reserve especial ignominy for your likes.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
1.what is murder? The intentional killing of another human person. Now is a foetus a person? If we are even to assume that a foetus is as sentinent as any other human being, an argument not supportable on the basis of scientific evidence, then the lack of knowledge and intent, is still enough to classify abortion as something other than murder. Not to even mention perhaps, a first trimester embryo is no more concious than a spleen and please, allow me to inform you that, abortion, has saved the lives of many women.]

You are a heartless wicked woman angry . But I recommend the movie "Two to Tango" cool

2.unnatural? That is rather bold a claim and I say it's not, you can find all the evidence you need in the animal Kingdom but humor me

let's say it is, how does it being unnatural make it wrong?

I have a moral guide given by God and I am trying to show how shallow your own guide is. Well an atheist sees himself as an animal

Now hömosexuality is the cause of rape? Are we really going to have this argument?

Homosexuality can lead to rape : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/man-25-rapes-5-yr-old-boy-in-lagos/

3.Seriously? Prostitution is why marriages crash? Do if I leave my door open, I'm the reason why the thief stole my stuff? I take it you have never heard of condoms, neither have you heard that HIV isn't only sexuality transmitted. So your reason against prostitution is so married women will have no troubles, do you even know the meaning of prostitution? Why restrict it to married men?

You are a joker, with your God blah blah.

A. Baby boo don't let me think you are obtuse or ignorant . No I don't want to angry undecided cry

1. Condoms dont offer 100 percent protection - 97 percent actually

2. Prostitutes have sex packages - 'flesh to flesh' - at a certain price , a higher one that allows the man to have unprotected sex with them

3. MouthAction - fluids can still be exchanged .

B. Sweety pie , not another ignorant comment . Infidelity simply means a violation of a couple's assumed or stated contract regarding emotional and/or sexual exclusivity. When sexual intercourse now involves another party it is called infidelity . A prostitute most times is that party . Infidelity can lead to marriage breakdown and emotional pain to the man's wife . It can result to divorce - a dissolution of the marriage can perniciously affect the kids' psychology . Prostitution promotes infidelity , divorce , immorality .
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 11:24am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Pantheism it is then .

Noooo! You're doing a Deepsight now. Intelligence is not equal to diety. If I say that Nature is full of intelligence that does not mean that Nature is full of God. haba! Intelligence is what it is. Diety is what it is.

Anyway , there is design and intelligence in nature because natural systems are functional systems . It was designed that way , God designed nature . You agree with me .

Trees are intelligent - like elongating their roots in search of water , can release chemicals as a defense mechanism , can respond to changes in their environment in different ways .

I think you are unwilling to be stretched intellectually - like a philistine - I'm sure you can't give me an answer if you I should ask you how nature became intelligent .

Sorry we are digressing . I think the thread was not created for arguments , like winner01 mentioned, God indeed owes no one an explanation for his actions .

The rest is just going off further into your tangent (and totally wrong too) since you can't defend any of the nonsense that you started this thread with.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
Poor excuse of a comeback, really!

Come back ? I just stated a fact you were oblivious to . undecided

The sanest thing you've said today. I give you points for coming to your senses. Therefore, I hope you can see Moses, Abraham, David and their likes for what they were.

It was in that dispensation ! Christ brought another package for mankind .

just when I was beginning to hold out hope that you have realised your folly. Okay then, wicked nations that consisted of boys, women and civilians. Like I said, I reserve especial ignominy for your likes.

Deuteronomy 9:5

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Deuteronomy 12:31
"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.

The wicked nations are made up of men , women , boys and girls ! I excluded infants with biblical proof .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Noooo! You're doing a Deepsight now. Intelligence is not equal to diety. If I say that Nature is full of intelligence that does not mean that Nature is full of God. haba! Intelligence is what it is. Diety is what it is.

Have you forgotten how I explained the correlation between Deity and Intelligence . Intelligence comes from a Deity . The godless evolution of Nature as plaetton delineates the process is vacuous and unconscious . This contradicts absolutes like

1. Mind produces mind
etc
The rest is just going off further into your tangent (and totally wrong too) since you can't defend any of the nonsense that you started this thread with.

That's your opinion - dont be dogmatic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by freecocoa(f): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are a heartless wicked woman angry . But I recommend the movie "Two to Tango" cool

I have a moral guide given by God and I am trying to show how shallow your own guide is. Well an atheist sees himself as an animal

Homosexuality can lead to rape : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/man-25-rapes-5-yr-old-boy-in-lagos/

A. Baby boo don't let me think you are obtuse or ignorant . No I don't want to angry undecided cry

1. Condoms dont offer 100 percent protection - 97 percent actually

2. Prostitutes have sex packages - 'flesh to flesh' - at a certain price , a higher one that allows the man to have unprotected sex with them

3. MouthAction - fluids can still be exchanged .

B. Sweety pie , not another ignorant comment . Infidelity simply means a violation of a couple's assumed or stated contract regarding emotional and/or sexual exclusivity. When sexual intercourse now involves another party it is called infidelity . A prostitute most times is that party . Infidelity can lead to marriage breakdown and emotional pain to the man's wife . It can result to divorce - a dissolution of the marriage can perniciously affect the kids' psychology . Prostitution promotes infidelity , divorce , immorality .
I am a rational woman and one of the kindest persons you'll have the privilege to interact with. cool

Of course I'm an animal and since you are not, you definitely are a plant. You haven't been able to show me anything with this so called guide of yours, what's the hold up?

My friend, don't be stupid, how does a man raping a child mean/prove hömosexuality causes rape? So every pedophile is gay or every rapist is gay? You get sense at all?

You wouldn't have to think I'm ignorant, you know damn too well, I'm not, but can the same be said of you?

1. Are we to assume that because condoms are only 97% safe, they are useless and should not be used?apparently, skin to skin and using of condoms are the same, smh. Who did this to you my brother? cry

2.Okay, a man decides to have sex(protected or not, infact you already implied there's no protected sex) with a prostitute and somehow it is the prostitute's fault? Again ebuka, you get sense so?

3. How does fluids being exchanged via MouthAction, prove prostitution is responsible for Aids and spread of certain diseases? Can't people who are not involved with prostitutes exchange fluids?

So a prostitute is responsible for a married man cheating? So if prostitution stops now, all married men will become faithful? And everyone sexually moral?(what does this even mean?)

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Have you forgotten how I explained the correlation between Deity and Intelligence . Intelligence comes from a Deity . The godless evolution of Nature as plaetton delineates the process is vacuous and unconscious . This contradicts absolutes like

I doubt I'd forget, perhaps I just didn't see it because there is one thing I moan about a lot and that is the lack of definition of terms we use and how they interrelate.

Perhaps you could lay out your definitions of Deity and intelligence here once again. And also how they interrelate.

1. Mind produces mind
etc

You have no evidence for this. This just a blind assertion. Some would say, and I'm inclined to believe them, that there is only one Mind. There has only ever been one Mind. This universe is a product of that One Mind.

That's your opinion - dont be dogmatic

Okay o, it's just my opinion that talk of intelligent trees and intellectual stretches (as part of the gymnastics i presume) is a tangent to the main gist of this thread which is about the Depravity of your God.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He has made no sense bro . The wages of sin have always been death . Human laws are different from God's moral laws which when you disobey or do not abide to them , you lose your life - as seen in the bible .
What "sins" did the innocent children commit, sir?
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism and good morals can't be in the same sentence . We can browse through history to understand this .
Whether positive or negative, atheism has NO RELATIONSHIP with morality... it's just what it is; the belief that there's no God... an amoral monster can hold this position, just like a moral person can. And the moral or amoral behaviour of these two set of persons has nothing to do with their atheism...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lwkmd ! ! ! cc : sonOfLucifer , JackBizzle do you have this app ? cheesy
Yeah, and I run it on the right OS. You, my friend, have to upgrade.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
freecocoa:
I am a rational woman and one of the kindest persons you'll have the privilege to interact with. cool

Of course I'm an animal and since you are not, you definitely are a plant. You haven't been able to show me anything with this so called guide of yours, what's the hold up?

My friend, don't be stupid, how does a man raping a child mean/prove hömosexuality causes rape? So every pedophile is gay or every rapist is gay? You get sense at all?

You wouldn't have to think I'm ignorant, you know damn too well, I'm not, but can the same be said of you?

1. Are we to assume that because condoms are only 97% safe, they are useless and should not be used?apparently, skin to skin and using of condoms are the same, smh. Who did this to you my brother? cry

2.Okay, a man decides to have sex(protected or not, infact you already implied there's no protected sex) with a prostitute and somehow it is the prostitute's fault? Again ebuka, you get sense so?

3. How does fluids being exchanged via MouthAction, prove prostitution is responsible for Aids and spread of certain diseases? Can't people who are not involved with prostitutes exchange fluids?

So a prostitute is responsible for a married man cheating? So if prostitution stops now, all married men will become faithful? And everyone sexually moral?(what does this even mean?)

Baby girl , I am sure you understand that you actually agree with me .

Your definition of moral standards is indeed vacuous and shallow

freecocoa:
Na wa o.

The standard is very simple, people have a right to decide how to lead the lives, so long as they are not hurting/cheating anyone, a person's feelings on such issues is not important.

I have shown and proven that

1. Abortion - hurts someone , death is involved .

a. The death of an unborn child - the life of the child has been terminated !

b. If the mother dies in the process of carrying out an abortion , the loss will cause pain and sorrow to her family , friends and loved ones .

2. Prostitution

a. Promotes infidelity . Infidelity can lead to divorce . Divorces can be very traumatic for the children . The woman's heart is wounded because her husband cheated on her !

b. Spread of STDs . A wife can be infected by her husband . Most prostitutes are disease carriers . STDs can lead to death . The loss of life can cause sorrow/pain to the family

3. Homosexuality

Homosexuals can molest unwilling males even the young ones ! Sexual harassment or molestation can be deleterious psychologically to any body involved .

The above are facts and evidences can be cited from real life experiences . Your rebuttals are really not worth paying attention to .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:20am On Apr 17, 2016
cc : lalasticlala

Very insightful post smiley
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by ifenes(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
Imagine debating whether Santa claus is subject to his own laws! Only crazy humans do that.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by BABANGBALI: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2016
My hand no dey for dis discussion o. Baba God i no follow dem discuss you o
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by musicwriter(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I've always maintained that God is an embodiment of moral good and is not subject to his own laws . If we study the bible closely , it appears that God "disobeys" His own laws . The argument has been God makes laws for us, but seems to disobey those laws Himself. If this is true, so it is argued, God demands more of us than He does of Himself. Let’s explore this argument to test its validity.

Basic Elements of Law

1. Authority.

Law, by its very nature, requires a few basic elements. First, there must be an established authority to make the law. In the case of federal law, the United States consists of branches of duly elected representatives of the people who pass and enforce laws. When it comes to natural law, there are no written ordinances, but the authority that established the principles that govern nature (i.e. God) put them in place by virtue of the fact that He created nature and so has the right to order it as He pleases (cf. Jer. 33:25). Divine Law that is given by revelation is higher than any human law. It is not set by man although many laws of man derive their authority from divine law—and thus from God Himself. Just as God made the elements of the natural world with the laws that govern them, God made man as a spiritual being and He alone holds the ultimate authority to regulate his behavior (Ps. 119:105).

2. Rules.

A second element common to all law is some type of rules or regulations. All laws mandate certain things that must operate a certain way. A system without rules is said to be lawless. Any system that is governed by law operates within set rules and guidelines. It could be a speed limit. The law mandates “70 miles per hour” as the maximum speed at which a vehicle can travel on a certain road. It could be behavior. It is a crime to steal. Law BooksThe nature of the rules depends upon the nature of the thing regulated. In some cases the authority that enforces the rule is understood to stand outside of the rule. The highway patrolman who exceeds 70 miles per hour is not guilty if he does this to catch a driver who is speeding. The policeman that confiscates stolen property is not a thief. Part of their authority exempts them from some measure of accountability to the very laws they must enforce.

3. Jurisdiction.

A third element of all law is jurisdiction. For law to have meaning there must be some realm over which a given law has dominion. The ancient laws of the Hittite empire may be curious relics of antiquity but they no longer hold any power because there is no longer a Hittite empire. The realm and the region over which these laws once held power no longer exists. In regional governments the issue of jurisdiction is paramount. The authority of one state cannot enforce its laws on the citizens of another because it does not have jurisdiction. By the same token, if I violate a practice that is considered criminal in another jurisdiction, but is permitted within the county, state, or country where I live I am not guilty. A good example of this is the burka worn by Muslim women. A woman in the United States is not a criminal if she refuses to wear a burka even though it is required by law in countries such as Saudi Arabia.

4. Subjects.

Finally, in a very similar way, all law must involve subjects—that is, those who are under obligation to that law. We as Nigerians are obligated to obey the laws of our nation because we are properly subjects of the government which holds authority over us, and thus subject to its laws.

God’s Relationship to His Own Laws

1. Laws of Nature.

As we all know God is the authority who established these laws. There are set rules that define these laws. Laws of gravity demand that a rock falls to the ground—it doesn’t float up into the sky. Is God within the jurisdiction of natural law? A key difference between the picture of the God of the Bible and the concepts of pagan false religions is what is called transcendence. Greek GodsThe God of the Bible exists outside of the natural realm that He created. In other words, while Zeus, or Anubis, or Odin were themselves subject to certain laws of nature, the God of the Bible stands outside of the jurisdiction of natural laws. He is the “unmoved Mover.” He is the First Cause of all things! That means He can make an ax-head float (2 Kings 6:5-6). He can make time stand still (Josh. 10:12-13). He can make the shadow of the sundial go backwards (2 Kings 20:10-11). He is not under the jurisdiction of natural law, but very atom within this present universe, together with every soul made in His image is. They are subjects of the natural laws that God established over His creation. Because God transcends the natural universe, He is not a subject of His own creation, and is therefore not subject to the laws that govern it.

2. Moral or Religious Law.

What about moral or religious laws? There is an interesting example that concerns the Sabbath commandment. The rules required that no ordinary work was to be done on the seventh day (Exod. 20:10). This was a law that was not given until the Law of Moses was revealed (Neh. 9:14). It was a law that was not restated under the Law of Christ (Col. 2:16). That means that those who worked on the seventh day before the Law of Moses, as well as those who now live under Christ, and even those who were not a part of the Mosaic covenant during the time of the Israelite commonwealth were outside of its jurisdiction and were not, therefore, subject to its regulation. What about God? This law was drawn from what was said about God’s creation (Exod. 20:11). The present universe was made in six days, but Scripture tells us that after this was done, God “rested on the seventh day from all the work which He had done” (Gen. 2:2). Even before this was given as a law to the Israelites, God is said to have “blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it” (Gen. 2:3). The Hebrew writer, in one sense speaks of God’s works being “finished from the foundation of the world” (Heb. 4:3-4), but Jesus, when criticized for healing on the Sabbath said, “My Father has been working until now, and I have being working” (John 5:16-17). Did God violate His own Sabbath law? No. He stood outside of its jurisdiction and like those before and after the Law of Moses, He was not subject to its regulation.

3. Genocide.

This may seem reasonable when we are talking about things like the Sabbath law, but what is most frequently criticized is God’s treatment of His creation. That is, He commands us not to murder, but then He has commanded the extermination of the Canaanites, and Amalekites. Or, He commands us not to harm one another but He promises to punish the wicked throughout all eternity. Is He breaking His own laws in these examples? What are the basic elements of law in these examples? God is, once again, the established authority and He has set the rules that govern appropriate behavior. Yet, has God defined all taking of life as wrong? No! It is true that man is not to avenge himself (Rom. 12:19), and God condemns murder (Exod. 20:13), but He grants to the civil authority the right to punish even to the point of death those guilty of certain laws (Rom. 13:4). Is the executioner a murderer? No. Like the policeman who speeds to catch someone speeding, the executioner in his authority to carry out punishment is (to a measure) exempt from accountability to the law he is enforcing (cf. Num. 35:27). God on some specific occasions commanded Israel (in essence) to act as His executioner (Deut. 7:1-5; 25:17-19; 1 Sam. 15:1-5). The Canaanites and Amalekites were among some of the most wicked people that history has every known (Deut. 9:4; Ps. 106:34-37). God bore with their wickedness for a time in order to give them time to repent (cf. Gen. 15:16). When the time came, He used Israel as the vehicle by which He ended their ability to do any more wickedness. Did He violate His own law? No. First, because He was never under the jurisdiction of this law, nor a subject to obey it, but also because the people whom He used to carry out His punishment were not violating any divine law themselves. They were carrying out lawful punishment—in this case in the form of warfare.

4. Eternal Punishment.

What about eternal punishment? The issue of jurisdiction is applicable to this question as well. God is not under the jurisdiction of the laws He has set for His creation. When Judgment Day comes the nature of the present jurisdiction will be changed. What rules will govern the age to come? The jurisdiction of the realm of the saved will not be the same as the jurisdiction of the realm of the condemned. For example, to some measure, in that age the present laws of nature will be changed. In the jurisdiction of the saved there will be no more death, nor sorrow, nor pain because for them “the former things have passed away” (Rev. 21:4). On the other hand, some of these things will exist for the lost—“the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever” (Rev. 14:11). Is it cruel for God to punish the wicked eternally? Let’s consider this from another angle. If I create something—a piece of pottery, a bird house, a painting, or a machine—what rights do I have over that thing I have created? Am I cruel to the pottery if I reshape it into another vessel? (cf. Jer. 18:5-6). Have I sinned against the bird house if I decide to use it for something else? If the machine turns out to be dangerous, am I a monster if I make certain it is kept away from ever causing any harm to anyone ever again? No.

In our creation it is God that formed the molecules and synaptic responses that form our physical bodies (Ps. 139:13-16). We are His creation—He can do with us as He pleases. God asked Judah, “can I not do to you as this potter?” (Jer. 18:6). Above all other creatures in this universe, He has blessed us by placing within us a spirit that is said to be in His image (Gen. 1:26-27)—we are from this point onward eternal creatures (Eccl. 3:11). That is a blessing! But it is a blessing that demands responsibility. The nature and demands of God are such that all creatures that bear His likeness must conform to His law. For those who fail in this (which is to say all who are morally accountable in age and ability) He has made provision for this failure by the atonement of Christ. What is God to do with those of His creation whom He has made eternal who remain in rebellion to His authority and refuse His regulation? Since He is not a subject of His own law, and therefore not under the jurisdiction of His own authority we cannot even compare any action He takes to punish wrong with committing wrong—remember the executioner is not a murderer. Confiscation is not theft. Those who reject the gospel of Christ establish themselves as a type of eternally dangerous machine that must be forever put where it can never harm the subjects of God’s kingdom ever again—that is essentially what hell is. Is this cruel on God’s part? No, it is His right as Creator and the transcendent authority over His creation.

Reference : http://focusmagazine.org/does-god-violate-his-own-laws.php

First of all, it's not true to say there're no written laws of nature. E=mc2 by Albert Einstein is a written law of nature. All the laws of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, e.t.c are the written laws of nature. Of course, we don't know all of them.

I, personally have a code (instruction) that was given me in a dream to protect myself from evil. There're codes (instructions) to control the weather, levitate, disappear, live forever. We can literally do anything we want as human beings, if science can figure out all the mathematical equations to quantify the laws of nature.

Man lost his fate and lost all the privileges that comes with being human.

The people that lived in the world millions of years ago obeyed these laws and literally could do anything they want; like you hear Moses dividing the red sea or Jesus raising the dead. If YOU know and obey the same laws as Jesus you'll also raise the dead!. Indeed, Jesus said so!. He said "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do''.

In my village, two men are known to have died and resurrected (not in mortuary, but after over 50 years). True story!. It was captured in folklore and everybody know the story and their descendants. Another man called Oto used to give free food to hungry people. You meet him, bring an empty plate, and explain your problems. Oto will make some incantations as they do in Nollywood movies and ask you to open the plate. You open it and there you have a steaming hot jollof rice or soup as the case may be. Again, everybody know the story, and his descendants are well known.

Our African ancestors (the same people described in the bible) had all these powers for their perusal.

Secondly, God does not disobey the laws of nature, rather, he tweaks it to her favor, if need be. Same way some people tweak MTN or Glo SIM to browse for free. In fact, that's what science is all about- tweaking nature for our own good.

Ships and Airplanes are not disobeying the laws of nature, rather, scientists has tweaked nature to solve a problem. Of course, God should know more than scientist!.

This response don't have anything to do with religion. While I strongly believe in God, but I don't believe in religion.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by nairaman66(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This post is not intellectually tasking but you are failing woefully . From the example given above . If a particular speed limit has been exceeded by a car thief , is the policeman a hypocrite for over speeding to apprehend the car thief .

Please stay way let the people I mentioned address the post tongue tongue

Most people would criticize the OP's write up because they don't see God almighty as a supreme being. Apparently, you don't have to bash or call them names. It's only a matter of time for God to arrest whomever he wishes!!
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by ukorsimplicity(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2016
Joshthefirst:
God is almighty and all-knowing.

You, in your limitations, questioning his acts, does not just paint you as presumptuous, but also paints you as foolish.

And for the benefit of those truly interested, humanity was in danger of extinction from corruption and violence, that's why God flooded the earth.

He was tackling an outbreak of corruption, he used the flood to wipe out the initial danger, and used Israel as his sword to wipe out the danger of Canaan and amalek, etc.

It is foolish of you to attack based on records of scripture and reject rebuttals of your attack from the same scriptural records because you reject the bible. Idiocy.

And if you think I take most of your childish wailings seriously, news flash, I don't. You don't really have well-thought out arguments in your armour, and you make up for your ingenuity with your loudness and trolling.

The only time I do good to reply you is mostly for the benefit of other's doubts. Or when you infuriate me exceedingly, or during early days when I didnt know you well enough to realize you were mostly a loud mouthed troll with pathetic arguments and a myriad of memes to make up for your lack of thoughtful arguments.

Just pointing out something, If He knows all, does that mean He knew man was going to fall and still permit it, Did He know that men where going to sin but still did not prevent it with all the power he had but still went ahead to flood the earth? ...
I know this does not relate to the topic, but am curious.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by watsonbuy: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Reading tru dis post, am onli going to chip in dis statement. God has being in existance only God knows, his foolishness supersede human greatest wisdon/understanding, he's our creator bt he gave us a FREE STATE OF MIND (tabularaza) 2 choose between good n bad n a reward attached 2 wat u chose. You can not use the human wisdon of mst tym less dan 130yrs compare wit the wisdom of God of ova thousand of year or millions.
Y not submit to a supernatural being that can explain in details hw u n dis universe cam to b dan use ur shallow understanding dat can't even understand ur very own self, but trying to understand/draw conclution/judge/reason in-line or beliving to have the capacitity of understand thing of d spiritual
I rest my case.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Shollyps:
so why should I forgive my enemies?

It simply means dnt. Take laws into ur hands. Just the way u r not permitted to harm ur bebtors even when they refuse to pay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

An Owl "Killed" By Bishop Sam Zuga's World Wonders Water / The Meaning Of ' It Is Appointed Unto Man To Die Once And After that Judgement' / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.