Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,399 members, 7,923,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 09:28 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (66847 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by v3: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2009
HNIC:

Ok to end all this arguement. . . . . .
Thanks, Mr Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor for the 3 and a 1/2 season of your football career that you gave us at Arsenal.
Thanks Especially for that goal you scored against the OBERTANS at Old Toilet in the 06/07 season and
the numerous goals you scored against the Spuds
How about the goal of the season in the 07/08 season against the southern scums?
The commentator shouted'ADDDEEEBBBAYOOOUR'. . .  briliant!!! grin
Thanks for the Makossa dances also. . . (my small cousin does that after he scores a goal)
Lastly, thanks also for the one on one  misses also, for many of us, when we see u all alone with the Goalie, we close our eyes and when we open it, it's a goalkick. grin LMYO, bloody true!!!
Once, at the Reebok, u dribbled Jaaskelainen and with the goal gaping, u hit the post!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked I peeed on my pants wen he didnt score that!! angry
Anyways, your heart was no longer with us, u flirted with Barca and Milan, but ended up with Man citeh grin
I have said this earlier.
When Citeh plays the Obertans,Turnbulls and the Spuds, I will be right behind you to score against them,
but of course, you will fire blanks whenever you meet the Arsenal. tongue
One good advice for Sheyi though,
Get a good PR person to take you through handling interviews with the Press and general speech making lipsrsealed
lastly, Shut UP about anything relating to the Arsenal and concentrate on your Citeh career tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2009
Ibime:

Lets be frank: Barring injuries, Arsenal have every chance of winning the leage.

Reasons:

(1.) The new 4-5-1 formation stops teams from countering against Arsenal as easily as in seasons past.

(2.) I notice Alex Song drops deep when the opposition have a goal kick and competes (and wins) for headers with the opposition striker, giving Gallas and Vermaelen a chance to sweep up any knockdown. This is a massive change from last season where Toure and Gallas were competing (and losing) for headers.

(3.) Arsenal finally have a house nigga organiser in the defence.

(4.) Chelsea will drop points adjusting to Carlo Ancelotti's new formation

(5.) Liverpool will be hampered by the loss of Alonso.

(6.) Ronaldo was the greatest obliterator of smaller teams in the Prem. No longer will Man Utd be 2 or 3 goals up at half-time and strolling through the match. They will have to grind out results like everyone else, and their expansive game will pay less dividends this season cos their attacking threat is somewhat diminished. Their expansive game allows teams to play, hence they will not close out games as they should.
Good write up
Not necessarily because it's Pro-Arsenal
We've not been lucky with injuries in the past few seasons, not an excuse though, because you should have adequate cover
When we tell AW to buy, we just dont want him to buy for buying sake, it's to buy because of eventualities called INJURIES!

Did anyone see Fab 4's second goal again, Almunia has an assist already. tongue  . . . . .
Good to see Fab4 running at the defence and firing a shot and not pass, pass, pass.
It's Celtic on Tuesday. . .
let's do the damage tomorrow and allow the youngsters play the 2nd leg! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by v3: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2009
Anyone got word on the Celtic team, injuries. . .n all?? undecided

Not that i'm worried though cuz those guya play football like they've got some iron bars for bones!! Make dem no wounjure my eduardo tomorrow o!! embarassed

I'd also love to see the combination of Wilshere and Fab, lovely!! that kid's promising talent!! reminds me of the young Fab!!

Umm. . .The 4-5-1 formation is a nice adoption for me, only if denilson doesn't stray too far from the midfield!! Song's been good so far, he's coming around!!

Ermm, again the question lies with our defense. . . Gallas (easy to beat on ground), I want Djourou to step up and challenge for THAT position, cuz i saw him in pre-season with vermaelen and they really jelled!!!

My prediction for tomorrow

3-0 (RVP,Eduardo & Arsassin)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2009
Wonderful start from you guys
That was E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!!!!

going to the goodison and scoring 6 shocked shocked shocked
Barca cant do it.
Ive read people condemning Everton, make una wait till una play dem grin

Thats beautiful and i hope if we dont win, u guys win
Liverpool and Chelsea? Never! grin

But, wait o, we are dream killers at OT o
so you guys berra watch hw u dance ur palongo when you visit us soon
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2009
.) Ronaldo was the greatest obliterator of smaller teams in the Prem. No longer will Man Utd be 2 or 3 goals up at half-time and strolling through the match. They will have to grind out results like everyone else, and their expansive game will pay less dividends this season cos their attacking threat is somewhat diminished. Their expansive game allows teams to play, hence they will not close out games as they
den don start again
with Ronaldo last season, most of our victories were 1-0 so?
cant remember how many games we played that we were up by 3 goals in the first half
it was a rarity
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2009
A good team should possess the ability to cope with injuries effectively by falling back on the bench. Arsenal have that problem. Their greatest woes begin when injuries strike. Another problem they have is fatigue. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2009

[size=14pt][center]PARKHEAD LOOMS[/center][/size]

I shall start this morning’s blog on a rather serious note…NOT! But then, for some reason I wonder why Denilson has never played for the senior national team of Brazil after playing and captaining Brazil at every level since he was a member of the under-15 squad. Could it because he is not as defensive minded as Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo or not as creative as Ronaldinho or Kaka?

Or is it because he plays for a team that has gone four years without a major trophy. All he has to his name is one call up in 2006 with him ending up as an unused sub. In my opinion should Arsenal have a title winning season with Denilson in the midfield, I’m pretty sure Dunga might decide to give him another shot. Wait! That presupposes the fact that there might be no new signing in the midfield and Denilson whose stats last season were pretty impressive will play a major role in the season. Time will tell eh?

Elsewhere, Emmanuel Adebayor has taken a jibe at the Arsenal fans who single handedly drove him out of the club. He told the Man City website;

“The most important thing is that we won the game, but I’m very happy. The fans showed that they love me – the noise they made was unbelievable. It was very different from Arsenal. I want to give back to them what they give to me. It’s not difficult to give 100 per cent for fans like that, and I look forward to keeping this going.”

Shut up Ade! Start talking about Beyonce and AC Milan and see if they’ll love you like they do now. Citeh fans forget his last two transfers have been less than pleasant. Maybe he has turned a new leaf? We’ll see  20 games down the line!

Pep Guardiola has finally admitted that it would be impossible to lure Cesc Fabregas to the Nou Camp this season. Duh! He says;

“Cesc will not come. I believe it will not be possible this season. He is an important player for Arsenal and they have already sold Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor”
Ok…see you next summer then eh?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas seems set for a loan move to Blackpool this season. After his exploits as Captain of the double winning youth squad last season, I’m pretty sure he needs to go on loan to game some invaluable experience playing at a higher level. We’ll look to the Arsenal.com for official confirmation when it does go through if not I’m sure he’d get a good run in the Carling cup and feature prominently for the reserves.

Ahead of tomorrow’s game at Parkhead, former Celtic winger Alan Thompson  seems to expect the Gunners to be in line for a culture shock in Glasgow. Speaking to the Telegraph, he said;

“Believe me, the Arsenal players will be in for a culture shock when they arrive in Glasgow because it will be nothing like the like the Emirates or any other Premiership atmosphere because it’s really spine-tingling stuff. When they are signing You’ll Never Walk Alone before the game, it is something that opposing teams are taken aback by. It makes the hair stand on back of your neck stand on end. Night matches at Celtic Park under the floodlights are extraordinary. Without a doubt it’s an enormous help to Celtic because the players have 60,000 fanatical supporters behind them because it gets your adrenaline going that little bit more and in big games like this that can count because the margins between success and failure and so slender. To understand how magnificent Parkhead is on a European night you just have to look at how good Celtic’s record has been there in the Champions League over the years."

I must admit that their record at home in the Champions League is pretty daunting but then, we’ve won away at the Bernabau, San Siro (twice), and Istanbul. Parkhead shouldn’t be any scarier in that regard. However, if it’s the singing that he thinks would get to us, he should forget it as I believe the boys will stand up and be counted. Besides, we blew away the Scottish Champions (who are supposed to be the better team) a fortnight ago!

I believe Celtic are going to try to play like Hull, Wigan and Stoke did in the earlier part of last season. Physical anti-football is what I call it, and quoting Aiden McGeady;

“Sides like Wigan and Hull gave them some problems last season, we should not give them too much respect. We have to get in their faces and play our own style of football. I think they can be got at.”

He forgets that these teams were trashed the next time we played them as we seemed to have come up with a way around this approach. Against Everton, the team showed a willingness to take teams on and to attack every ball. Song and Denilson proved that they could be tactically disciplined to match the opposition ball for ball and get into crucial blocks and clearances. 

I wonder how we will line up away from home in Europe this season? Will we stick to our newly adopted 4-3-3 or make a cautious shift to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1? Too much Fifa 2009 you say eh?

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit!

Please visit http://arsenalnigeria.com/thegreengooner/ for more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2009
Verm's the new Gem!!!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2009
HNIC:

Ok to end all this arguement. . . . . .
Thanks, Mr Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor for the 3 and a 1/2 season of your football career that you gave us at Arsenal.
Thanks Especially for that goal you scored against the OBERTANS at Old Toilet in the 06/07 season and
the numerous goals you scored against the Spuds
How about the goal of the season in the 07/08 season against the southern scums?
The commentator shouted'ADDDEEEBBBAYOOOUR'. . .  briliant!!! grin
Thanks for the Makossa dances also. . . (my small cousin does that after he scores a goal)
Lastly, thanks also for the one on one  misses also, for many of us, when we see u all alone with the Goalie, we close our eyes and when we open it, it's a goalkick. grin
Once, at the Reebok, u dribbled Jaaskelainen and with the goal gaping, u hit the post!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Anyways, your heart was no longer with us, u flirted with Barca and Milan, but ended up with Man citeh grin
I have said this earlier.
When Citeh plays the Obertans,Turnbulls and the Spuds, I will be right behind you to score against them,
but of course, you will fire blanks whenever you meet the Arsenal. tongue
One good advice for Sheyi though,
Get a good PR person to take you through handling interviews with the Press and general speech making lipsrsealed
lastly, Shut UP about anything relating to the Arsenal and concentrate on your Citeh career tongue
LOL grin grin grin
Dr Kit has forgotten the cardiac arrest adebyebore cost us.
LOL he is sooooo going to reply you grin grin grin

you dare to call out his cousin like that grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2009
Arsenal Eye €7 Million Move For Rafael Van Der Vaart – Report

A newspaper report claims the Dutch ace could be heading to north London,
16 Aug 2009 08:50:56
Rafael Van der Vaart
Arsenal are reportedly interested in making a move for Real Madrid outcast Rafael van der Vaart.

The Mail on Sunday claims that the Gunners will attempt to boost their midfield by making a €7 million move for the Dutch star, who is unwanted at the Bernabeu following their summer spending spree.

The report also quotes the 26-year-old as insisting he would be happy to come to England and that he already know which club he wants to play for.

“I really want to come to England,” admitted Van der Vaart.

“There are a number of clubs with offers where I can go in Germany, Spain and Italy. I have also had a request from Martin Jol to go back to Ajax.

“But none of those options appeal to me.

“I want to go to the Premier League and I know where I want to play.”

The Gunners have had a relatively quiet summer in the transfer market, adding only Thomas Vermaelen to the ranks, whilst allowing Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor to leave.

This has led many commentators to dismiss their chances of success this season. However, the north Londoners began their campaign in sensational style yesterday with a 6-1 thrashing of Everton at Goodison Park
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
I doubt if we need RDV in our team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2009
follypimpi:

I doubt if we need RDV in our team.

hmmm. . . . Which player do you think you need?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2009
@follyp
I've been asking this Van D question since yesterday. One Madrid Fan said Bernabeau will not sell his toes for that meagre sum, but it depends on how desperate they are to offload.

And i also want to add that while i respect his creativity alot, i have to agree we are already blessed in that department. What we want are defensive options, or dont y'all think so ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
Its a known fact that Arsenal needs DM as a priority. VDV will be good option in the midfield but he may affect the grow of Wilshere in the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2009
yousouph:

Its a known fact that Arsenal needs DM as a priority. VDV will be good option in the midfield but he may affect the grow of Wilshere in the team.

You need someone like Wilson Palacios cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ khanye,
the irony of the whole matter is that Wenger was the one who spotted Palacios and recommended him to Wigan cos Arsenal was more than endowed in that position at that time.
Now the looks like a player headed for highest level. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
edoyad:

@ khanye,
the irony of the whole matter is that Wenger was the one who spotted Palacios and recommended him to Wigan cos Arsenal was more than endowed in that position at that time.
Now the looks like a player headed for highest level. undecided

Really? The guy is the best DM in EPL!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by vikiviko(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2009
'Unbeaten' Arsenal has started its mouthy talk again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

You need someone like Wilson Palacios cool
yeah right. I need that Palacios guy in UTD
tht boi surely can play footie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2009
tkb417:

yeah right. I need that Palacios guy in UTD
tht boi surely can play footie

He's Complete DM!
I just hope Pep will bid for him in Jan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

He's Complete DM!
I just hope Pep will bid for him in Jan.
why would pep bid for him when barca has the best in yaya toure. Wilson palacios has not got the ball skills of yaya toure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

why would pep bid for him when barca has the best in yaya toure. Wilson palacios has not got the ball skills of yaya toure.

Yeah i know, but Yaya and keita will be leaving for ANC by Jan.
We would be left with only Sergi B.
Palacios will be a good cover up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
Are y'all blind? This is the GAYnner thread! Take your Bloody Blaugrana Biznez and Blow!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

Yeah i know, but Yaya and keita will be leaving for ANC by Jan.
We would be left with only Sergi B.
Palacios will be a good cover up.

where would dat leave wilson palacios once they get back?. I'm pretty sure he would hate supersub/bench warmer role.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

where would dat leave wilson palacios once they get back?. I'm pretty sure he would hate supersub/bench warmer role.

No, he would stilling be playing
we got almost 60matches to play this season
We need a big squad!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
Thank you WenGAY for raising Gayyners hopes again to dash it later.

You guys need cover in Defence and DM yet WenGAY wants to spend scarce resources on VdV when you already have Arshavin and Fabregas who play a similar role?

When Song goes for Nations cup Denilson the midget would be left to compete for headers in midfield of is it Diaby the donkey. That would be the time to play Allardyces team who dwell on aerial battles Bolton and Blackburn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
tkb417:

den don start again
with Ronaldo last season, most of our victories were 1-0 so?
cant remember how many games we played that we were up by 3 goals in the first half
it was a rarity

Don't you get it? Man Utd can NEVER win a game without Ronaldo.
I am sick n tired of idiots thinking United will finish 3rd because of Ronaldo's departure.
Did Ronaldo move to Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2009
Cant wait to see the young Gunz at glasgow tomorrow, nothing i like more than em boys going over to 'fortresses' and bringing them down a la Bernabeau and San siro . cool

Any news on the Vandervaat development ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2009
edoyad:

Cant wait to see the young Gunz at glasgow tomorrow, nothing i like more than em boys going over to 'fortresses' and bringing them down a la Bernabeau and San siro . cool

Any news on the Vandervaat development ?
I forsee a 4-0 whooping. Celtic go full so te una go ask shey dem chop eba.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2009
khanye:

No, he would stilling be playing
we got almost 60matches to play this season
We need a big squad!
I bet dat was wot hleb thought last season. He is now bemoaning his moment of madness.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

I bet dat was wot hleb thought last season. He is now bemoaning his moment of madness.

You wont understand
do you expect Hleb to Bench Xavi or Iniesta?
Palacios will play with or without yaya in the sqaud!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2009
dayokanu:

You guys need cover in Defence and DM yet WenGAY wants to spend scarce resources on VdV when you already have Arshavin and Fabregas who play a similar role?
I now see that you and AW work together, because I am wondering how you know he's chasing VDV.
Reading some tabloids and making inferences based on them is silly.
dayokanu:

When Song goes for Nations cup Denilson the midget would be left to compete for headers in midfield of is it Diaby the donkey. That would be the time to playAllardyces team who dwell on aerial battles Bolton and Blackburn
Suffice to say that Blackburn(managed by Alladyce) were beaten 4-0 at Ewood Park(Ade with a hatrick) and beaten 4-0 at the Emirates with Eboue(of all players)scoring twice.
Bolton was beaten 3-1 at the Reebok last season with the[b] 'midget'[/b] Dennilson scoring a beauty of a goal and we beat them 1-0 at the Emirates(Nic with the lone goal)
DK, u must still be thinking of 05/06 and 06/07, when Alladyce used to be AW's bogey man.
Even Alladyce has agreed, that his thugs can't touch us anymore.
I can't remember when last Alladyce's team beat us!

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.