Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,797 members, 7,893,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 01:47 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (66026 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
Gayners una no worry. The season jus begin. Lets wait til may b4 una open ur mouth yafun yafun
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
All the yapping machines are out full force.

we won so what? get over it grin

something the scumtwats could not do, we have done.

bunch of scum obertans grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
mukina2:

All the yapping machines are out full force.

we won so what? get over it grin

something the scumtwats could not do, we have done.

bunch of scum obertans grin grin grin

One would think this bunch of GAYnners have won the UCL.
You are playing the play-off of UCL and y'all are happy? Wenger should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
Oh please, you all thought we will lose. and we won.

dont worry, we'll play the scumtwats pretty soon grin

then we'll see, tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
mukina2:

Oh please, you all thought we will lose. and we won.

dont worry, we'll play the scumtwats pretty soon grin

then we'll see,  tongue

O'Shea and JS Park will get United the victory.
Almunia will be so scared of Park at OT on the 29th.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
can Park see well sef? grin

In your mind, Arshavin will score 3 goals and Rooney will cop a red grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
Arsenal for life. A land where Disappointment will never end. I hail una
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
all sorts all sorts oh dear grin grin

at least chickenshrimp is gone.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Kratos007(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2009
Please leave all the haters (sauron & co.) to keep on talking about the Arsenal. Just shows the team is getting up their noses. Before the game against Celtic, we all heard about the atmosphere at Parkhead. Was that it? And for all you other mo'fuccas that want to hate on the Arse, bring it on. Sauron, we don't need to look at your chart. Trophies are won in May. We'll see who laughs last. Finally to those of you who somehow find it hilarious to call us 'gayners', y'all are a bunch of closet homosexuals with the collective I.Q. of a rabid rhesus monkey with too much androgens raging about on the inside. Haters will always be what they are, why don't you go to your own forums or go piddle a poodle. Wankers!
Er, come on you gooners!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 12:06am On Aug 19, 2009
Haters will never give up.

We beat Everton because they were bad

We beat Celtic because we were lucky

If we beat Portsmouth maybe it will be because Mars is in Ascendant and Jupiter is waning.  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 12:34am On Aug 19, 2009
Kratos007:

Please leave all the haters (sauron & co.) to keep on talking about the Arsenal. Just shows the team is getting up their noses. Before the game against Celtic, we all heard about the atmosphere at Parkhead. Was that it? And for all you other mo'fuccas that want to hate on the Arse, bring it on. Sauron, we don't need to look at your chart. Trophies are won in May. We'll see who laughs last. Finally to those of you who somehow find it hilarious to call us 'gayners', y'all are a bunch of closet homosexuals with the collective I.Q. of a rabid rhesus monkey with too much androgens raging about on the inside. Haters will always be what they are, why don't you go to your own forums or go piddle a poodle. Wankers!
Er, come on you gooners!!!

Vieira:

Haters will never give up.

We beat Everton because they were bad

We beat Celtic because we were lucky

If we beat Portsmouth maybe it will be because Mars is in Ascendant and Jupiter is waning.  

Some things will never change. . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biolabee(m): 12:37am On Aug 19, 2009
so what about the chart
why dont you just chill n enjoy the good football

on illiteracy, whos the confuzzled one

2 assists against everton and one tonite = 3 assists for cesc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:00am On Aug 19, 2009
It's almost 1'am for Zeus's sake. If my team had a match tomorrow evening i'd be on my home thread, not intruding on someone else's hard work. Why don't you bored house wives find lovers who care and leave us the F alone . Like , WTF ?

grin
Now Gunners. Any one see how Vermelaen run almost 70 to intercept\clear the ball from a strikers foot ? Haven't seen a gunner do that in a while. I've got a feeling bout that guy.
undecided My problem is, where Rosicky fit into this new formation ? Or we'll revert back to 4.4.2 when him and Nasiru return ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Kratos007(m): 1:03am On Aug 19, 2009
@ sauron, some things will never change? I can imagine you huddled over your keyboard, mind working overtime, thinking of something witty to type- something that will be able to adequately convey the loathing you feel for the Arsenal, all the while drooling at the sight of all that glorious youth on display. If Arsenal fans want to enjoy victories why should it bother you?
Tell us the truth, you're secretly in love with fabregas.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:25am On Aug 19, 2009
AW has not minced words in declaring that he plans to bring no one unless absolutely necessary.
He said somein bout that upsetting the balance of team it has taken 5 seasons to build. undecided
He has a point but our defensive options still look slim to me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 5:06am On Aug 19, 2009
Gayyners are already cumming in their shorts already cos they beat Celtic. Imagine
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 6:41am On Aug 19, 2009
The truth is that they won and if I remember correctly y'all said they can never win at ParkHead.

Well, they did. tongue

Congrats to you Arses. grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by whitelexi(m): 7:18am On Aug 19, 2009
FBS:

The truth is that they won and if I remember correctly y'all said they can never win at ParkHead.

Well, they did. tongue

They only said we can never win cos they couldn't do it, barcelona didnt do it, ac milan couldn't do it. . . but we're used to breaking records and this is not new to us. After thrashing Rangers [champions of scotland] in pre-season, beating Celtic was only gonna be mathematical. We controlled the game totally from start to finish, they put up a fight but there was only one team in it. Abou Diaby came on and made an instant impact which is a very good thing, and Fabregas was a class act on the night, 3 people got booked for trying to stop him on the night. . . that boy is only 21 and mean.

I love my team, i love our football, i love our Coach, God bless the Gunners, God bless Arsenal!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2009
To all it may concern, sauron, dayokanu, bluediva and the rest of una Haterz United
GAYnners, ASSnal, Diapers Fc, Kiddies, bla bla bla. One wonders with all monikers that arsenal gets, how come ya'l are always on this thread. I'd think straight men and women should stick to where other straights be at, hmmm?!!

well it's obvious, i'd advise ya'll better come out of closets you homosexual paedophiles. we promise not to judge you ehn. i know it must be the ARSE in the name that's got you all 'smeagoly', damn, obessesive compulsive disorder must be a real bitch. my only concern though is that it is incurable, so we all have to put up with you godamn perverts. well thats life, just dnt be standing too close, homos!

but then again what do you expect from people reppin MEN Utd, even the name says it all. Chelsea is the preferred stage name of 63.2% homoseual male strippers, if you think say i dey lie, google am!

Its the red and white army bitches!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 7:47am On Aug 19, 2009
FBS:

Well, they did. tongue

@FBS
I have heard too many dippy comments on this thread to not even bother anymore! lipsrsealed
*Arsenal can never afford ARSHAVIN*
*Vermalen is a useless buy*
*Fabregas is leaving for Milan on Monday 17/08/09*(All the haterz that believed that story must be idiots) shocked shocked shocked
*We can never beat Celtic at Parkhead because manure, Barca and Milan had been beaten there before*
*Arsenal always start the EPL well*(08/09 season, we hasd lost 5 matches before Xmas, in fact I think, before December,how is that a great strat?)
I am hoping for much thrash talk like:
*Nugent and Kanu will  both score braces at the Emirates on Saturday*
Nonsense

Meanwhile I love AW's comments on the Everton game, saying one game means nothing!
That he's been long enough in management to know.
Good, means, we are still gonna buy
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
We will still have some additions to this squad before August 31.
Go GUNNERS! lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2009
For those who said Celtic havent lost at home thats big lie. WenGAY to raise the hopes of fans and dash it cruelly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7250340.stm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 19, 2009
To all it may concern, sauron, dayokanu, bluediva and the rest of una Haterz United
GAYnners, ASSnal, Diapers Fc, Kiddies, bla bla bla. One wonders with all monikers that arsenal gets, how come ya'l are always on this thread. I'd think straight men and women should stick to where other straights be at, hmmm?!!

FYI,
I don't hate Arsenal.
I actually have a soft spot for Arsenal.
Most things i say are just for fun.

Again, i feel for you guys.
Staying trophyless for such a long while ain't easy.
It's very frustrating.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Aug 19, 2009
@FBS
I have heard too many dippy comments on this thread to not even bother anymore!
*Arsenal can never afford ARSHAVIN*
*Vermalen is a useless buy*
*Fabregas is leaving for Milan on Monday 17/08/09*(All the haterz that believed that story must be idiots)  
*We can never beat Celtic at Parkhead because manure, Barca and Milan had been beaten there before*
*Arsenal always start the EPL well*(08/09 season, we hasd lost 5 matches before Xmas, in fact I think, before December,how is that a great strat?)
I am hoping for much thrash talk like:
*Nugent and Kanu will  both score braces at the Emirates on Saturday*
Nonsense

Meanwhile I love AW's comments on the Everton game, saying one game means nothing!
That he's been long enough in management to know.
Good, means, we are still gonna buy
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
We will still have some additions to this squad before August 31.
Go GUNNERS!

Gayyners have started thier usual pre-ejaculations again
can remember last season when they were on a roll.  .   .  
i can remember people like HNIC shouting they were the team in form
but we all can remember when the form disappeared

i cant shout but the team conceded like 10 goals in 3-4 games and scored only 2.
one of them a dubious goal againt UTD

continue ejaculating when the real menu hasnt been served grin

@Dayo
i was wondering where they got that from?
cos i know when Celtic didnt even win a game in some old ucl matches
at least ive seen it printed somewhere

The Barcelona one i can remember clearly. nyways, gaynners have a way of distorting facts with their silly noise whenever things look rosy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 8:35am On Aug 19, 2009
But on a serious note
this Arsenal team is different from the last few years o

Those boiz don dey perform and lest i forget, Asharvin and Vermaleen will make a lot of difference
solid solid players

now i envy u guys
e be like say the trophylessness will end this year o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2009
Can the bloody morons who claimed Arsenal will lose or get a draw at Parkhead stand up?
They wont i swear down. . . .They will continue to talk the usual rubbish they are reputed for
Especially the ones that roam about this thread all day with nothing good to say
We go game by game. . . .NEXT Portsmouth, hopefully we will get another three points. . . tongue
Bloody buffoons, get a fucking life or get lost with satan in hell!! cool
Blab all day, Yak all night, Chew all year - ARSENAL FC stands up tall!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2009
FBS:

Thanks a lot dude. . . . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 9:03am On Aug 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Thanks a lot dude. . . . wink
No biggie. wink cheesy
The thing is, if you win fair and square then it's all good. For me stats or history don't mean nada. A game of football is decided in 90+ mins. If you win then you the boss. That's how it goes.

Winners are never to be criticized.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2009
Hmmmn
Nightmare at Parkhead!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2009
HNIC wont let us hear word again grin

na u sabi
my own is to teach u plenty lessons when u come visiting grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2009
tkb417:

But on a serious note
this Arsenal team is different from the last few years o
Right on that one.
The arsenal team of last year would have lost at Parkhead.
We pressed Celtic high up on the field and switch roles with amazing ease.
I am loving this 4-2-3-1, that also evolves to a 4-3-3 at times!
tkb417:

Those boiz don dey perform and lest i forget, Asharvin and Vermaleen will make a lot of difference
solid solid players
Arshavin I knew every well would perform, but Verm , I had my doubts.
Did u see that 70 yard sprint to top that cross when Celtic counter-attacked in the 1st half?
I was on my feet applauding!
Verm's a Gem
He's paid back the 10m quid we used to sign him in 2 games!!!!!!!!!!
tkb417:

now i envy u guys
e be like say the trophylessness will end this year o
Too early to say!
But, if we get two important additions we crave for and stay just 30-40% injury free,
we will compete and win something!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2009
It might interest you to know that the last time an English club prevailed in a European game at Celtic Park was on Dec 7, 1983 last night, when Brian Clough’s Arsene Wenger’s Nottingham Forest Arsenal won 2-1 2-0 in the first leg of their UEFA Cup Champions League third-round tie qualifier. Speaking to the press, Wenger said he felt we collectively dominated the game;

“I believe we have a fantastic attitude, a great togetherness and we put relentless pressure on Celtic. We never let them establish a flow and we always disturbed their game very well.”

I believe it was a patient performance last night by the boys. Apparently some of the media coverage said “poor old Celtic” as they were undone by a wicked deflection and an own goal. However both goals were the product of cleverly worked attacking moves.The first was off a Cesc Fabregas free kick; Gallas (who in my mind thinks he’s our second striker) got in a good position to head in a few seconds too early. However, I’m glad he had the presence of mind to duck which in turn deflected the ball into the right corner. With half an hour gone into the second half, substitute Abou Diaby burst free quite cleverly from Hinkel and found Clichy free on the left who delivered a dangerous cross that was turned into his own net by Celtic captain Gary Caldwell.

Cruel you may say’ but all that matters now is that we take a huge advantage into the second leg at the Grove! On that, he Arsene had this to say;

“I believe we have to make sure we win the game at home. It would not be serious to take that game in a non-serious way. It is a massive game, what is at stake is massive to us because we want to play with the best. Even with an advantage of two goals we want to finish the job at home.”

Once again, Alex Song was fantastic and Gallas seems to be in his best form since we signed him. Thomas Vermaelen showed that he could cope with a high intensity game and overall it was a well deserved result. Arsene was quick to praise them

“William was Fantastic. I believe again today he played very well. He is certainly in the best form of the last two years for me. “In the last two games Song has played extremely well. He can win the fight, not only with physical strength but he has that sense to nick the ball from his opponent without giving away the foul. That’s a very interesting quality.”

I think Celtic were a little too direct in the first half and they conceded quite a few fouls as they tried to kick us off the ball. Was this the cunning plan Tony Mowbray talked about? If this game had been played a couple of years ago, I reckon we’d have lost by 3-1 (Bolton anybody). The players seem to have muscled up as despite the crunching tackles early on they were focused on the game at hand. I was pleased with the way we were able to steal the ball away from them without drawing unnecessary fouls. The boss also commented on this

“I think there were some bad fouls. The referee took some time to intervene but afterwards he did it. We got sometimes some harsh treatment today. I’m very happy with the commitment of my team despite the physical approach of some Celtic players. I can understand that from Celtic’s point of view but what is more interesting for me is how we respond to that. I believe we did that well.”

I must admit that for most of the game, I thought RVP was a little off the pace. We didn’t quite have the final ball in the latter stages of the game but overall we kept up the intensity throughout the game. I’m also pleased with the impact Abou Diaby had when he came on for Arshavin (who had another quiet game). He used his physique well in winning balls on the left and his timely pass to Clichy on the left was instrumental in the second goal.

The introduction of Fortune and McDonald in the second half sparked life into the Celtic attack. This was however snuffed out once we had scored the second goal. Landry Nguemo was also lively before he was substituted. However, he got booked so he’ll miss the second leg at the Emirates.

The full match report is available at Arsenal.com

A late injury to Eduardo meant Wilshere was named among the subs in his place. I hope it’s not too serious and we should have more word on that later in the day. This was ironical given that in Tuesday’s football, Chelsea went top of the Premier League thanks to their 3-1 victory away at Sunderland which included a Darren Bent goal and a downward header from Didier Drogba that went over the bar!

Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail in an article claims Andrey Arshavin is a star from Russia with a touch from Brazil. It’s definitely worth reading. The press again are speculating again that we may be lining up a bid for Rafael van der Vaart. Hmnn! I think it’s just a rehash of the stories we heard earlier in the week. We’ll see.

REDaction are distributing 57,000 scarves to each seat in the home section of the Emirates Stadium on Friday. If you are interested in helping out, please send your details to redaction.gooners@gmail.com by Wednesday evening.

Till tomorrow, Victoria Concordia Crescit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by call4shola(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2009
Celtic 0- 2 Arsenal. To all gunners fans out there, keep ya head up, we should be happy the bad mouth folks that are constantly on our d**k, its their job, let them talk, as they would say in Yoruba "Nnkan ti o ba wu elenu lole f'enu e so" Meaning it is watever the owner of the mouth wants to say he can say with it, its their song, let them continue singing it, i can't remember going to other clubs' thread to type negative things bout them, PPle with their issues, Leave the GUNNERS the f**k alone don't u undstand?

One.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.