Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65553 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 7:35am On Aug 21, 2009
slimshay:

The pervs are in the building again oh,, iron girdles on!!! shocked
Sharon Stone the doctor said you should take 2 chill pills every morning, if symptoms persist after 2days consult your herbalist!!! grin
Chic2chimp, as your names says, you are in a free fall retrogression. Anyways congrats on the 800m gold medal you just won for south africa!!!! grin
Nothing much to add!
Burnley has Burnt them to ashes!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2009
@ Surebabe and Sauron

Everyone knows that line about sh*t is for Sp*rs. . .

Please come up with something original next time. . . .and dont forget this classic one!

(Chanting)
We won the League (We won the league)
In Manchester (In Manchester)

then (To the tune of Oh when The saints)

We Won The League in Manchester
We won the league at Old Trafford
We won the leaue in Manchester

Did you ever win the league at Highbury?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2009
;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2009
ahonohai:

(Chanting)

I think this is another achievement. Whats the diff in winning the league in OT or in Riverside. Did they give you 2 trophies for winning it in OT.?
Gayners grin grin grin SMH
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2009
presido1:

I think this is another achievement. Whats the diff in winning the league in OT or in Riverside. Did they give you 2 trophies for winning it in OT.?
Gayners grin grin grin SMH
Makes it sweeter when you win the trophy at your rival's ground.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2009
There is no greater stamp of authority than winning it in the rivals backyard. cool
Arsenal won it in 2002 at old traffic jam and in 2004 at White hart lane.
Do you think the home supporters come there to watch their bitter rivals win the league ?
They're there to help thwart the rivals chances of lifting it.
GUNNER FOR LIFE.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

GAYYners who is your Daddy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm0fv8mu41U&feature=related
Idiot! When last did Bayern get that far in Europe after that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2009
HNIC:

Makes it sweeter when you win the trophy at your rival's ground.

The only worse feeling is when your rival wins it against you at their home ground and you have to sit through the presentation.

Was at OT last season when Utd lifted the trophy and I felt sick to my stomach!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2009
Ahead of tomorrow’s match, there are no new injury concerns from Tuesday with Eduardo declared fit to play against Portsmouth after pulling out of the Celtic game at the last minute. He also had some concern about Walcott’s back injury. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online yesterday Arsene said;

“Eduardo had a tight groin in the warm-up and he felt he could not play. He had no power and we had to change [the teamsheet] quickly.”

Subscribers to Arsenal TV Online can see the full interview from this morning.

Declan Taylor of Arsenal.com caught up with Jordan Cross of the Portsmouth News for an insider’s view of the Portsmouth team. Talking tactics, he said;

“They’ll be setting their stall out. Pompey will play 4-5-1 with three holding midfielders to try and stop Arsenal creating too many chances. That will be no mean feat judging by their awesome start. I think talk of Arsenal’s demise has been greatly exaggerated, the romp at Everton and the comfortable manner of their Celtic win suggests that. It will be very much a 4-5-1 and anything they can snatch will be a bonus.  They might look to their last visit when, despite their defeat, they played well, and they got a 2-2 draw on their first visit. Hopefully they can draw on those experiences.”

Apparently, the one to watch will be Frederic Piquionne who has come on-loan from Lyon. He also had this to say;

“He looked impressive against Rangers in pre-season, scored twice and looked lively. He has something of the Fredi Kanoute about him. He has similar build and a bit of pace to get in behind. But Portsmouth need to give him greater supply to what they have in the first two games. He has been used on his own and needs the midfield supporting him. But he has looked bright and the fans are pinning a lot of hopes on him this season. He looks capable and he has scored goals fairly regularly in France. If he can get into double figures this season I think he would be pleased and so would the fans.”

The press is speculating that Arsenal has joined in the race to sign Steven Taylor from Newcastle with Wenger reportedly sending a scout to watch him play midweek against Sheffield Wednesday alongside scouts from Everton. While I have been a long admirer of the Taylor, I think such a signing will be unnecessary unless there are departures from the squad. We’ll see how that pans out in the next few days.

In more positive news yesterday, Arsenal announced three new appointments of a new Chief Commercial Officer, General Counsel and Head of People and Operations. All three will report to the CEO, Ivan Gazidis who spoke about the appointments. He said;

“We are absolutely delighted to be welcoming three professionals of the calibre of Tom, Svenja and Trevor to Arsenal Football Club. They are all hugely experienced and successful in their respective fields and will each add a vast amount of skill and expertise to our overall operation. The collective business acumen of our three new appointments will be a huge asset to Arsenal Football Club and is just another sign of our ambition for the forthcoming years.”

Inasmuch as the major business of the club is on the pitch, I believe that if the back office is well manned, it would take a lot of pressure of the Manager, leaving him time to focus more on the football side of the business. It’s no news that since the exits of David Dein and Richard Carr, Arsene felt an additional responsibility to the club in the management sense but with the arrival of Ivan Gazidis the balance since to have changed and I hope that these new appointments have a positive influence on the club both on and off the pitch.

Premier League stars including Mikael Silvestre and Gael Clichy of Arsenal, former Gunners, Kanu and Thierry Henry have pledged support for the 1 Goal project to get all African children into schooling. I think it’s a fabulous initiative and I encourage everyone who can to sign up.

Meanwhile the Islington council has announced new drinking controls around the Emirates Stadium. Police are now authorized to seize alchohol if there is a possibility of a nuisance or disorder. . . .hmnn! If you really need a pint on match day, why not head to the Rocket instead!

Our next opponents Portsmouth are currently in disarray at the moment following the near breakdown of the takeover of the club. After losing their first two games, they seem set for a rough ride reminiscent of Carson Yeung’s failed takeover move of Birmingham City in 2008. Or was that punishment for Matt Taylor breaking Eduardo’s leg? Dunno!

I don’t see them posing a genuine threat to our style of play and hopefully it should be another three points in the bag for us. The boss has one again talked about the new 4-3-3 formation and I expect he would deploy it again tomorrow. Barring any late withdrawals, I believe we might see the same squad again except if the boss decides to rotate the team ahead of Celtic on Tuesday and Manchester United next week.

It might interest you to note that Portsmouth last beat Arsenal in March 1958, winning 5-4 at Fratton Park in the old First Division while they last won at Arsenal in October 1954 and have also gone 14 games since they last won away.

Arsenal (probable, 4-3-3): Almunia; Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy; Song, Denilson, Fabregas; Arshavin, Van Persie, Bendtner.

Portsmouth (probable, 4-5-1): James; Kaboul, Wilson, Distin, Hreidarsson; Mullins, Diop, Mokoena; Utaka, Kranjcar, Piquionne.

Referee: Steve Bennett.

Last season: Arsenal 1, Portsmouth 0; Portsmouth 0, Arsenal 3.

Prediction: Arsenal 3 Portsmouth 0 + a free scarf for every home supporter courtesy of the club.

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit.

To subscribe to the Daily Arsenal Blog from the Green Gooner, please send an email to *******@****.info with the subject SUBSCRIBE.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
ahonohai:

@ Surebabe and Sauron

Everyone knows that line about sh*t is for Sp*rs. . .

Please come up with something original next time. . . .and dont forget this classic one!

(Chanting)

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Dnt worry we know all about you and little children wink, but meanwhile you rep bayern munich?!!!, bayern who?!!! the strongest maginifying glass couldnt find you on a football map!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tayoccu(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2009
If the strongest Magnifying glass is programmed to look for trophyless clubs then you cannot see Bayern.

If your magnifying glass is programmed to see CL winners you know well that Arsenal can never be found

European Cup
Bayern = 4
Arsenal = 0

Deal with that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

If the strongest Magnifying glass is programmed to look for trophyless clubs then you cannot see Bayern.

If your magnifying glass is programmed to see CL winners you know well that Arsenal can never be found

European Cup
Bayern = 4
Arsenal = 0

Deal with that.

And so are Bayern going to win the UCL this year to make if five wins?

Idiot!!! Go start your own thread!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

help me ask the gayners jare. *shior*
ahonohai:

Idiot! When last did Bayern get that far in Europe after that?
how many european cups have your team won? Una get to one final we never hia word since then. Imagine If u win na wetin una go do?
Chic2chimp, as your names says, you are in a free fall retrogression. Anyways congrats on the 800m gold medal you just won for south africa!!!!  grin
[quote][/quote]look @ dis dullard grin while other teams are winning league titles and champions leagues u are claiming other peeps glories. Well sha I no blame u, I'll do the same If my team's trophy cabinet has been empty for 4 years and counting.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fuhrer
You actually want to tell moi that in your mind's eye you believe that Bayern rank near any Big 4-even big 6- EPL team.
Talking about European trophies Celtic were the first UK team to win the CL, but i dont see how that helped them on tuesday.
Better pray Bayern dont get drawn in the same group with an Epl and a la liga team cos that is automatically a ticket to a more fitting Europa Cup. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mystikal(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
Bayern ko, Bayern Ni!

Everton finally retaliated with a 4 -0 win last night in Europe.

Are we really not buying anyone again tis year?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
And so are Bayern going to win the UCL this year to make if five wins?

Why should Bayern win 5 when Arsenal cant win 1 in 100 years. If you can show me an Arsenal captain lifting CL trophy in the last 100 yrs I would keep quiet even if na Black and white picture or pinhole camera

You actually want to tell moi that in your mind's eye you believe that Bayern rank near any Big 4-even big 6- EPL team.
Talking about European trophies Celtic were the first UK team to win the CL, but i dont see how that helped them on tuesday.
Better pray Bayern dont get drawn in the same group with an Epl and a la liga team cos that is automatically a ticket to a more fitting Europa Cup.

You can check the youtube link I posted to remind you of Arsenals experience in the hand of Bayern  dont have to mention scummies.

How can Bayern rank near clubs like Arsenal who cant win a CL to save their own miserable lives? Shoe get size.

When other clubs were winning CL what was assanal doing

BTW what plans do you guys have for the trophy room at Emirates? Cobwebs are the owners of the place right now, I suggest you convert it to a public toilet and make it more useful.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2009
At times
I wonder how it feels coming to a thread and posting the same thing o'er and o'er again.
IMO, If I were the one, I would feel like an unimaginative Dolt
****Pity****
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
At times
I wonder how it feels coming to a thread and posting the same thing o'er and o'er again.
IMO, If I were the one, I would feel like an unimaginative Dolt

Atimes
I wonder how it feels playing for a season and ending with zero silverware over and over again
IMO If I were the one, I would feel like a clueless and unambitious saphead.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 5:55pm On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Atimes
I wonder how it feels playing for a season and ending with zero silverware over and over again
IMO If I were the one, I would feel like a clueless and unambitious saphead.
grin grin grin grin grin ROFLMAO. Chei laff go kill me 2day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
Please watch this video. i liked the way they cut out cashley grin grin grin

[flash=450,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/wo6dIgr5rLI[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
Typical gayyner at work

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
DK - what ya full name?

That pix is sure funny though!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 2:38am On Aug 22, 2009
Deleted
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Emperoh(m): 6:32am On Aug 22, 2009
Where is Debosky? Who know what might have happened to him the in streets!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 7:19am On Aug 22, 2009
Debosky is busy fasting and doing some heavy spiritual warfare, on behalf of Arsenal, against the spirit of almost there. Alleluia!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2009
Where is Debosky? Who know what might have happened to him the in streets!!

Debosky went for his marriage in Naija last weekend

These are pictures from the event

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2009
I hear say the owner of the car na Gunner. But that conductor wey carry person dey support Bayern. They give am conductor job make hunger no kill am.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2009
Sirweb

Stop living in denial didnt you see he was wearing an Arsenal Yellow jersey

Bayern never had a yellow jersey

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2009
DK. Doesnt your team have any match today? Why are you farting all over the thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.