Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:17 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65549 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
3 Ars - Port 1

where is . . .

Debosky?
Dr.Kit?
Kay-pumpim?
and hmm hmm??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2009
I was wondering too what happened to Kay some posts back undecided

Dr Kit is still grieving the lose of Adebyebore grin

Debo said he will be back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2009
@gooner
We were lounging our thing jejeli on this thread before you came to tell us of your blog. I don't understand is it that the thing doesn't operate on weekends (and christmas and newyear and sallah and . . . ) ?

Victoria's Secret Concordia grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2009
edoyad:

@gooner
We were lounging our thing jejeli on this thread before you came to tell us of your blog. I don't understand is it that the thing doesn't operate on weekends (and christmas and newyear and sallah and . . . ) ?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2009
edoyad:

@gooner

Sorry guys. . .I've had Electricity issues and the AVR on my generator is broken. . .I've had to go the office to update the blog. I'll post it now, thanks for noticing

mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin

Madam, I hear you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal have paid the price for Theo Walcott’s dual role for England this summer. Wenger who also believes that once a player breaks into the senior squad he should not continue to play for the U21s had this to say;

“Theo will not be available for the Man United game. I believe it will be a problem for England as well. He has an inflammation of his lower back. That’s why last year I didn’t want him to play for the Under-21s. I know how it works. The player comes back later than everybody else, he doesn’t have a decent preparation, you are under pressure to rush him back, you play him earlier than you should, he gets an injury, and you see him again in October. He had no decent preparation for the championship, for the season, and in the end England will pay the price as well.”

I believe that if England boss Fabio Capello had put his firmly put his foot down, Theo would not have been selected for the U21s this summer. So much for consideration eh? Methinks it’s all Capello’s fault!

As mentioned earlier in the week, the manager has now confirmed that Carlos Vela will be ruled out for a month following an ankle injury sustained on international duty. The club has also confirmed that they have begun talks with Nicklas Bendtner over a new contract as he is in the last year of his contract. Yesterday, someone asked how they’d let that happen. I believe it’s a bit similar to the case with Flamini where a player needs to play to earn a new contract as Bendtner has done over the last two years. Hopefully, he won’t do a Flamini on us and join Milan in the summer!

The club has also announced that the official handbook for the 2009/2010 season is available from today at all Arsenal Stores, Matchday Stands and Online. Quoting Arsenal.com,

“As ever, this peerless production provides you with a more comprehensive, relevant collation of all things Arsenal that you’ll find anywhere else”

Please click here to purchase online. <>how do you link within text?<>

Apparently defensive minded players are in high demand as although Wenger has ruled out signing Bred Hangeland from Fulham, he claims to have spoken to 10 managers who were in the market for defenders or defensive midfielders and he revealed that he could still sign a defensive minded player. He said;

“Defensively, number-wise, maybe we could still do with one, do you know a player somewhere?”

One player who will definitely not be making a return to England is Patrick Vieira. The former club captain had earlier in the summer been linked to Sp*rs and later with a sensational return to Arsenal. Speaking to L’Equipe, Vieira said;

“I will stay at Inter. I have been training without any worries. The summer friendlies have gone well and I played more than what I had been expecting. Now I will fight to play as much as I can. I have not received any guarantees in this sense. Staying here is the hardest decision, but also the most reasonable. I do not see myself playing anywhere else.”

Ahead of today’s game against Portsmouth, Arsene has admitted that it is too early to speak about anything that will happen in the league this season. He said;

“After ten games, we will not only have played Manchester City and Man United but, interestingly in our case, is that after four games we will have played three times away from home, so if we do well, we will be in a strong position to have a positive trend after ten games. So the weight of these two games will certainly be very important, to see how strong we do away from home against the big teams. Of course, it will have an impact, on our belief as well.”

I must admit that our first few games will pose a serious question to our title winning credentials and if we come off them with some good results; it would not be out of place to look optimistic towards the remainder of the season. However, if the converse is the case, then it means we would have to play some serious catch up, a situation we are already in given our Champions League qualifiers of which the manager is not too pleased about.

On the transfer window, he had this to say;

“I believe that the buys should be over once the championship is started. Somewhere when you are manager, you have to make decisions and decide whether you will be successful with a squad or not. Once the championship has started, for me, it is ‘OK, the race has started; now you cannot change any more’. And no window in January either. Because it’s too easy to rectify any mistakes that you have made, especially for clubs who have big money. It gives better chances to the smaller clubs.”

Tell that to Citeh!

Gael Clichy has been spitting fire and says the Arsenal team is ready to end the long wait for silverware at the Emirates this season. Speaking at the launch of the 1 Goal: Education For All Campaign which was reported on the blog yesterday, he said;

“I think the first two games have showed people that the quality is there at Arsenal, and we can count on Arsenal to finish at the top at the end of the season. But it’s always the same. For four years now we’ve been saying, year after year, that ’this is the one’. But this year is really important for the club and for the players. We have to show people that we’ve been waiting four or five years, but now is the time for us to win trophies – whatever they are, the Premier League, the Champions League, the FA Cup or the Carling Cup. Now is the time for us to do something for the fans and for ourselves as well.”

A match preview was included in the blog yesterday; you can find it here if you missed it. <>how do you link within text?<>

You can also follow live discussions on the Arsenal Forum and Arsenal vs. Portsmouth threads of Nairaland.

The match is live at 15:00 on Hi Soccer in Nigeria.

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit!

grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2009
edoyad:

@gooner

By the way, Victoria Concordia Crescit is the clubs motto.

It means Victory Through Harmony.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2009
@ MK2
If you want to know where all the jobless boys that are supposed to be keeping this section busy are maxing check the Romance section. grin
I even saw your our Worthless dayo talking about a girl's twins (chest) .
Thought he only had the hots for German men grin
@gooner
don't mention it. It's our job to push you like Wenger does those boys wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2009
This should be a comfortable WIN.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2009
allboyz:

3 Ars - Port 1

where is . . .

Debosky?
Dr.Kit?
Kay-pumpim?
and hmm hmm??

He should be posting soon his been on a business trip.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by javaprince(m): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
Let it be noted that I predict a Victory for Arsenal in this match. Go La Gunners!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
And when Capello and Pearce are now finished with Walcott, they'll then jump to Wilshere. It's a pity the English operate like their Nigerian counterparts. How difficult is it to comb for local talent.
Like that's not enough the Mexicans want to heap coal on our injury fire.
I don't get it, if our youngsters are as mediocre and inexperienced as the critics claim, why dont they discourage the national managers from calling them up ?
Food for thought
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2009
10 goals in two matches, we play the scummies next, we are on a roll cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
1. Goodison park [*]
2. Celtic Park [*]
3. Emirates [*]
4. Old Trafford [?]
Yes , enough with the warm ups. Next week It's show time baby. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
edoyad:

1. Goodison park [*]
2. Celtic Park [*]
3. Emirates [*]
4. Old Trafford [?]
Yes , enough with the warm ups. Next week It's show time baby. grin

Yea you're right,with Ronaldo out of the way,manure will be toast
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2009
Heard Manure are quaking in their boots.
Bayern is rubbish. Lost to Mainz. A team @ the level of QPR.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2009
i will bet my tongue next week!!
the scumtwats will be absolutely thrashed by the gaynners! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2009
@ rasputin, Let's see how well slow motion Barber can juggle the ball in our 18.
Thank God our boys ; Song , Clichy and Sagna will be well rested by then.
I hope they that start that half blind Park again ?
Shey no more uninjurable CR7 again ?
Shey they'll dive and get free kick for Hargreaves or CR to score for them ? cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2009
Bo[b]R[/b]at
you tongue will be safe . .bet it grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
Another good win. . .
I hope the good run continues as far as the season goes. . .
GOoner 85
wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Another good win. . .
I hope the good run continues as far as the season goes. . .
GOoner 85
wink
when u start? grin
[size=4pt]u dey fast?[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2009
Commendable start to a "make or mar" season.Though it is still too early into the season to pass a hollistic judgement,it shouldn't be lost on us that if the team can be near impeccable with lads like Nasri,Walcott,Rosicky and Vela still not taking any part so far,the team CAN make it happen this season.

Two players have impressed me exceedingly so far with their vast improvement/contributions. . .

Denilson:Stronger,keeps it simple with his one-touch passes,covers a lot of ground and cleans up the DIRT.This last feature of his may go un-noticed by so many fans but it is one character a team like Arsenal that presses farther up the field needs so much.

Vermaleen:Not since Martin Keown have i seen no-nonsense defender in the red and white army.And can white men jump?

As stated earlier,it is too early into the season to conclusively pass a judgement on the team,but i ask,wasn't the team rubbished from the early part of last season  grin tongue

TW,10 league goals and just one of our attacker(Eduardo) has his name registered? undecided I hope they are keeping their goals till when we need them the MOST.

And big ups to you Alex Song  cool

Gooners para simpre

Muki and allboys,how una dey?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
mukina2:

when u start? grin
[size=4pt]u dey fast?[/size]

I put it up there once in a while naw. . . wink
Yeah i am. . .First one today innit!
Had a footy game today, wanted to die. . . But did play full 90minutes though! wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

I put it up there once in a while naw. . . wink
Yeah i am. . .First one today innit!
Had a footy game today, wanted to die. . . But did play full 90minutes though! wink

woooooow smiley good good yeah day one today. wink

Kay
where u go? angry wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2009
What club do you play for Mr[b]Crackhead[/b]?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2009
rasputinn:

Yea you're right,with Ronaldo out of the way,manure will be toast

We didn't need Ronaldo to Arrow you guys 4-0 in Feb 2008.
Arsenal will be pulverised next weekend. . . . . . . . .United will win at least 17 home games of the 19 available.
If the line up shows. . . . .Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher in the midfield(start praying!!!). grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2009
Muki,

Work just took the better of my time and i have been everywhere but still rooting for the lads. cool

~Sauron~:

We didn't need Ronaldo to Arrow you guys 4-0 in Feb 2008.
Arsenal will be pulverised next weekend. . . . . . . . .United will win at least 17 home games of the 19 available.
If the line up shows. . . . .Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher in the midfield(start praying!!!). grin grin grin grin

Stale line.You think this is Feb 08?
What can go wrong with the newly improved Song,a rejuvenated Cesc and a certain Mr.Denilson who now has his mojo?
I see Oldtrashford loyals in tears next week.Infact a see a Arshavin-show a la Anfield next Saturday.

What can you bet with?I have been trying to get tkb to get my 1979 benz off me via a bet with our autos and he aint bulging grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2009
Yeah i know this should be in the appropriate section:joke bayern thread but . . . . .

Mainz Mangle Bayern
Louis van Gaal has suffered his first Bayern Munich defeat after they were stunned at newly promoted Mainz. The hosts raced to a sensational two-goal first half lead, forcing the bewildered Dutch coach to make a double substitution for the woeful Bavarians even before the intervalgrin

Now the enboldened part got me in stitches. grin

How a supporter of a bewildered coach handling a deluded team can still have time to rave beats me hollow grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Stale line.You think this is Feb 08?

Try May 2009!!! grin grin grin grin
With Park, Anderson and Fletcher taking turns to rape Cesc and Denilson at the Emirates. grin grin grin

What can go wrong with the newly improved Song,a rejuvenated Cesc and a certain Mr.Denilson who now has his mojo?

Unleash the triumvirate of Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick on them.
They have not failed yet to cop victories whenever they start against Arsenal.

I see Oldtrashford loyals in tears next week.Infact a see a Arshavin-show a la Anfield next Saturday.

Beware of BERBATOV. . . . .

What can you bet with?I have been trying to get tkb to get my 1979 benz off me via a bet with our autos and he aint bulging  grin tongue

500 GB pounds. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Try May 2009!!! grin grin grin grin
Done with the help of C7 thus affirming Rasputin's postulation.

With Park, Anderson and Fletcher taking turns to rape Cesc and Denilson at the Emirates. grin grin grin
If they do it against these lads this new season,i'll be the first to accept your hitherto baseless "owing" theory.

Unleash the triumvirate of Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick on them.
They have not failed yet to cop victories whenever they start against Arsenal.
Were they ALL absent during that loss at the Emirate? undecided

Beware of BERBATOV. . . . .

What a slow-coach that^.Beware, Assassin is in town

500 GB pounds. wink
Let's see before the week runs out but i am sure it will be minus 500 GB pounds for you after the match on sat.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Done with the help of C7 thus affirming Rasputin's postulation.

The first goal was the most crucial goal after Arsenal lost 0-1 at OT.
JS Park got the first goal and from then on. . . .GAYnners became toothless.

If they do it against these lads this new season,i'll be the first to accept your hitherto baseless "owing" theory.

Anderson is a threat to Cesc. . . . . .He is the only player capable of keeping Cesc in his pants for 90 mins.
I dunno what SAF is planning but stats tell us that Wenger has never smiled whenever United start Ando-Carrick-Fletcherino in the midfield.
SAF might have heard about this statistic as well.

Were they ALL absent during that loss at the Emirate? undecided

Fletcher missed the league game at the Emirates.

What a slow-coach that^.Beware, Assassin is in town

He doesn't need to run like Tevez to show his skills. . . . .U should see his performance today.
Berba was god throughout with flicks, skillz and his amazing first touch that you can never see in La Liga.

Let's see before the week runs out but i am sure it will be minus 500 GB pounds for you after the match on sat.

Waiting. . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.