Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65553 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Vieira

dont tell me what to do . . .what u eat dont make me shyte !!!

if I like Adebayor, its not supposed to be your problem plus WHERE IS HOYTE in todays' EPL ? no where to be found, so leave that beef be !

@Allboyz

u almost got it right !

nice win from our boiz . . .

but u guys dont just get carried away !

whats with our players anyway ?

RVP was rubbish !  and this for the last 2 games, tho he has had 3 assists, but for crying out loud, does he want to become a 10 ? angry

AA wasnt just commited and seemed to lack ideas at the right time  shocked

BENDTNER WAS SHYTE as usual . . .who says we dont miss ADE ?

Bendtner cant pass, cant dribble, cant shoot well, and has no vision . . .AND THIS GUY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ARSENAL MATERIAL ?  shocked  shocked is Wenger f*ckin his momma ?  shocked  grin

for every goal ADEBAYOR scores, its a loss for 4 Arsenal . . .Ade will keep scoring whether he plays for Hull City OR Sunderland  cool

FAB4 is playing well now, and the strikers aint scoring jack ? what if his performance dips ? who will up the ante ?

are we going to continue relying on the midfielders and defenders to continue scoring for us ? ONLY 1 STRIKER HAS SCORED OUT F OUR STRIKERS !!!  shocked  angry

This is how we always start well . . .na today ?

only thing is: I see a glimmer of hope . . .with Vermand Gallas in there . . .with a rigid rotation policy that paid off especially with the 1st goal where new additions to the team did the job - Eboue, Eduardo and Diaby and that was the tonic required to get the 3 points . . .

Really I was happy with AW's changes to the team that started against Celtic . . .

who says Diaby aint good enuff ? Eboue ?

in fact I should wack Debosky hard in the face for all the rubbish he has said abt Eboue and Diaby in the past . . .BENDTNER WAS RUBBISH WHILST THE ONES HE LOATHE PERFORMED WONDERFULL WELL !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Kit longest time,how family?

RVP was rubbish !  and this for the last 2 games, tho he has had 3 assists, but for crying out loud, does he want to become a 10 ?
RVP was rubbish? undecided Maybe you should feel for him as he has not done a striker's job so far but you can't fault RVP's commitment on the field of play.
Moreso, but for some great saves from DJ,his name should have been on the scorer's sheet today.It is just the 3rd game of the season kit!
My own problem with RVP has more to do with the fact he doesn't seem to work and play on the same length with Arshavin like Eduardo and bendtner does but i feel as the season pans out they WILL click.

are we going to continue relying on the midfielders and defenders to continue scoring for us ? ONLY 1 STRIKER HAS SCORED OUT F OUR STRIKERS !!!
May not be the sole reason,but this new formation that allows for much more central movement from our midfielders contributes a lot to their new found scoring ability.It is good too,back in the days,they are known for firing blank.

BENDTNER WAS SHYTE as usual . . .who says we dont miss ADE ?

Bendtner cant pass, cant dribble, cant shoot well, and has no vision . . .AND THIS GUY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ARSENAL MATERIAL ?     is Wenger f*ckin his momma ?   

for every goal ADEBAYOR scores, its a loss for 4 Arsenal . . .Ade will keep scoring whether he plays for Hull City OR Sunderland
Bendter was not shyte. . . . it is not his fault that he seem to be the ONLY player still interested in having a goal when other had taken their feet of the gas-pedal today.Watch the match again and see there was no movement around him anytime he made a run,save for RVP who was miles offside.Bendter can't pass and can't dribble?,maybe you didn't watch him against Everton.He was a thorn throughout.

As per that yarn of every Ade's goal,should i take it every of Bent's goal is Spud's loss too. undecided grin
Abeg soildier goes and comes and barrack remain jare.Plus Ade is just by the sheikh's pounds for now,watch dude get complacent when his name is not cheered no more. grin
Plus isn't he on the same goal tally with Gallas? grin

This is how we always start well . . .na today ?
We didn't start like this last season.The team was rubbish from the get-go. . . .
Of course no one should be carried away but surely,this is a GREAT start.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2009
Dr. Kit, we don't miss Ade. He was choking our attack cos it was mostly channeled thru him. With him out of the way can't you see the difference? I wish Ade will score one goal each week if it means Arsenal get half a dozen too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2009
great start indeed !

what we are talking about here is ; SUSTAINED MOMENTUM !!!

Bendtner was not shyte ? with all those rubbish moves of his ? he wanted to dribble all thru the time he had the ball, and yet he didnt succeed, what are u talking abt ?

I MAKE BOLD TO SAY, BENDTNER WILL SCORE A FEW GOALS THIS SEASON BUT BEST BELIEVE IT, GUNNERS WORLDWIDE WILL CALL FOR HIS HEAD BEFORE JANUARY, U CAN BOOK MARK THIS, IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN I WILL APOLOGISE HERE PUBLICLY !!

RVP WASNT UP TO SCRATCH . .ABEG stop making excuses for mediocrity . . .when ADE wasnt up to it I openly criticised him, it never takes anything awy from their potential tongue

oh . . .so u r pleased Gallas is highest goalscorer for Arsenal ? wanna wager a bet that Adebayor wouldnt end up being one of the 3 highest goalscorers this season ?  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
All this pessimism from Dr. Kit. If we cannot enjoy such an excellent start (when we were all scared before it started), we will never enjoy anything else.
Kit can you please get some Joel Osteeen cds & podcasts. You need a pint of enthusiasm into your life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

great start indeed !
Couldn't be better,not with the crucifixion going on in the press of the team.

what we are talking about here is ; SUSTAINED MOMENTUM !!!
You and I know we wouldn't be talking of sustanance but for the great start.
That said,taking into consideration those that are still out and the gaffers gist on buying a defender,you can but feel this team can make it happens.
That remains to be seen though so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Bendtner was not shyte ? with all those rubbish moves of his ? he wanted to dribble all thru the time he had the ball, and yet he didnt succeed, what are u talking abt?
I MAKE BOLD TO SAY, BENDTNER WILL SCORE A FEW GOALS THIS SEASON BUT BEST BELIEVE IT, GUNNERS WORLDWIDE WILL CALL FOR HIS HEAD BEFORE JANUARY, U CAN BOOK MARK THIS, IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN I WILL APOLOGISE HERE PUBLICLY !!

How many times have i seen Ade ran into a blind alley and cop unneccesary off-sides? undecided
With him in the side most of those pristine moves would have been dead at the level of conception due to his tactless run  grin tongue
And what i was saying is that for most of those runs bendtner made in today's game,there was no one to make pass to,he was the only attacking player still having a GO at Pompey.A single opposing player against a defending team,was he expected to dribble everyody?

As per calling for his head, lipsrsealed

RVP WASNT UP TO SCRATCH . .ABEG stop making excuses for mediocrity . . .when ADE wasnt up to it I openly criticised him, it never takes anything awy from their potential tongue

Making excuse for RVP?the replay is there for everyone to see his attempts at goal that were thwarted by exceptional goalkeeping.
Plus it is only the 3rd game of the season man.

oh . . .so u r pleased Gallas is highest goalscorer for Arsenal ? wanna wager a bet that Adebayor wouldnt end up being one of the 3 highest goalscorers this season ?  tongue
The Gallas gist was a dig @ your Ade. tongue Cum isn't he an Arsenal player,why shouldn't i be happy he's been scoring without his knowledge? grin
Ade was amongst the top 3 with us and he can be the highest goal scorer by May but what gives if Man City doesn't win NATHER?
I careless what personal achievement the Togolese cops as far as my team does well.

sirwebs:

All this pessimism from Dr. Kit. If we cannot enjoy such an excellent start (when we were all scared before it started), we will never enjoy anything else.
Kit can you please get some Joel Osteeen cds & podcasts. You need a pint of enthusiasm into your life.
Frankly,we need his frankness to knock some carried-away gooners back to reality. grin tongue
It is just the 2nd game of the season,36 more games to go. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2009
Nobody is getting carried away. Maybe the 16 yr old Gunners on the street. Not the battle hardened guys on nairaland. We all know its a marathon. But not even Bolt can afford to come from behind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
sirwebs:

Nobody is getting carried away. Maybe the 16 yr old Gunners on the street. Not the battle hardened guys on nairaland. We all know its a marathon. But not even Bolt can afford to come from behind.

That there is Usain's forte. grin
Who says it is wrong to have a strong start?Of course i am delighted at this good start,i just pray Wenger WILL make the needed additions.
A CM and a CD wouldn't hurt really.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
kay_pumpin:

i just pray Wenger WILL make the needed additions.
A CM and a CD wouldn't hurt really.

Here's Arsene's answer for ya

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/happy-with-squad

I just hope he adds at least a rugged centre back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2009
rasputinn:

Answer to my question?
How many times has Wenger said one thing and did another?
Me i no dey send Wenger's responses to journos on transfer issues,most of it are diversionary.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
As for me though, of all the matches we've played this season, this is the one that showed how maturity has grown in that squad.
Denilson was so busy sticking to instructions that people i was watching with thought he was a 2nd half sub. He stuck clean to the position he was placed today and rearly wandered.
Diaby seems to now realise football is not all about dribbling though he looked tempted at times to try.
As for RVP not scoring, I've seen him score braces with less effort than he put in today. David James was destined not to concede from him this evening. I doubt if Almunia would have been able to concede less than 2 from Rvp if he was the Pompey stopper.
Some gunners are so used to complaining that they dont even know when to stop and be happy. Well, It's what you get for starving the fans, It's the fault of the management for leaving us thirsty for so long . undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tboy1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2009
rasputinn:

"Defensively, number-wise, maybe we could still do with one."
But it seems as though Wenger is not the only manager in this particular boat.
When asked exactly which position he wanted to strengthen Wenger said: "I must confess one thing.
"I've spoken to 10 managers and all 10 are looking for centre-backs or defensive midfielders.
"It looks like the offensive players are the most-paid but at the end of the day, in the modern day, all the managers I speak to ask me the same thing.
"‘Do you know a player somewhere?'"

I'm sure SAF is one of the managers  grin grin grin

Wenger will buy at least one player before the window closes but personally i think we'll get more than one. Hopefully we'll get 1 Central back and 1 Defensive Midfielder
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2009
edoyad:

As for me though, of all the matches we've played this season, this is the one that showed how maturity has grown in that squad.
Denilson was so busy sticking to instructions that people i was watching with thought he was a 2nd half sub. He stuck clean to the position he was placed today and rearly wandered.
Diaby seems to now realise football is not all about dribbling though he looked tempted at times to try.
As for RVP not scoring, I've seen him score braces with less effort than he put in today. David James was destined not to concede from him this evening. I doubt if Almunia would have been able to concede less than 2 from Rvp if he was the Pompey stopper.
Some gunners are so used to complaining that they dont even know when to stop and be happy. Well, It's what you get for starving the fans, It's the fault of the management for leaving us thirsty for so long . undecided

Touche!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Dr Kit
Ogini? How can you say RVP was rubbish what else could he possibly have done today? David James simply refused to let RVP score him but he still ended up having a hand in two of the goals
Judging from our first two games Adebayor has not been missed at all.He is doing his thing at Citeh but 12goals in 3 games tells us we would do just fine without him

The lads did pretty good i like the fact that we are now a potent threat from set pieces and Verm and Gallas seem to have mad chemistry we clearly where the better team but i think poor finishing from Piquionne (that name sounds like alcohol) made our job easier.Gallas also was a bit lucky with his battle with Utaka an anti arsenal ref could have sent him off
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2009
Anybody ejaculating forcefully need to chill the fuc.k out. . .or eat a floppy dic.k
As for gunners, ya all need to relax, it is going to be a long and hard season
The key is consistency, i dont even want to start handing praises out individually
We all know some players flourish and shine like a milli stars in one or two games, then look awful in another five or six games
We need to be ruthless, consistent and grind results out regardless of the opposition
And even when we lose the odd games here and there, we need to pick ourselves up straight away and get back at it
Keep marching on gunners wink cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
Dr Kit
grin grin grin grin grin
get over ade, he is gone tongue
we nor want. evne 6 years old kid nor like am grin grin

adebyebore to break his leg this season tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2009
I'm guessin the ref felt it was black on black crime and decided to let Gallas off! On a more serious note i still think we need a couple more players.These results should not fool Wenger oh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 2:20am On Aug 23, 2009
The problem with you Dr Kituan is you constantly bleat on about Adebayor and any argument is brought back to the same topic. I cannot make you do anything but I can say if I find it tiresome.

I liked Hoyte a lot but Wenger saw differently and moved him on, I got over it.

I follow Arsenal not Hoyte or any other player.

This thread is about Arsenal not Arsenal ex-players, and while I agree that a discussion about the merits of players is good fun it becomes quickly boring when the same statements are repeated every five pages!

It has got to a stage that you claim everyone else is rubbish just to prove a point.

Well here is a newsflash: Wenger will not be selling RVP or Bendtner anytime soon and neither will he be resigning Adebayor.

Todays Match:

Verminator: Solid as ever
Eduardo looked on fire! Created first goal and caused trouble throughout
Eboue played well esp when attacking, needs to get back quicker when a move breaks down.
Fabregas, his vision is back! He was making killer passes all day long!
RVP seems to me to becoming more and more like Bergkamp. He is dropping into the hole behind strikers and is trying to be provider more than scorer. 6/10 for him

Now to Diaby, This guy is frustrating to me. He has these games where you can see his ability and what he can do but then in the very next game he goes back to his overdo and foolishness.
Today he finished the goals with aplomb and seemed to hold the ball a lot less but as a replacement for Song he was more attackminded, I am not sure that will work with the big teams. Lets wait and see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 2:21am On Aug 23, 2009
A-40:

I'm guessin the ref felt it was black on black crime and decided to let Gallas off! On a more serious note i still think we need a couple more players.These results should not fool Wenger oh

What crime? Utaka tripped over his own leg, Gallas did not even touch him. Go and watch the highlights.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 3:36am On Aug 23, 2009
@Vieira
I have seen refs give that before or have you forgotten Senderos and Kanu in 07 at the Emirates?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 6:15am On Aug 23, 2009
From an indepth analysis of Wenger's cryptic answers to journos, i think (say) he'll buy a CB and
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2009
The team is doing great even though it early season. Make we rejoice jare and Adebayor fans should go to Man city thread. Any news on Fabregas injury? The litmus test begin against Man u. Lets go there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2009
The referee "could have " question again.
Well the referee could have disallowed Pompey's goal for fowl on Almunia .
He could have blown for fowl and yellow carded the player who pulled Fabregas Jersey before his shot at David James(remember that move in midfield where he beat 3 players before the tug on his jersey took the venom out of the missile he wanted to launch.)

I too am worried bout that Fab substitution, hope nothing serious though ?
Now that the English FA have helped ruin Walcott's season (gooner), i hope they show contrition by leaving poor Jack Wilshere alone.
Samir Nasri
Carlos Vela
Theo Walcott
Tomasz Rosicky ?
Just look at the attacking fire power we're missing out on, enough to launch an invasion on Troy. wink
Get well soon my brothers. sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Ibime(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2009
Debosky must be fettered in stocks and stoned with tomatoes for his consistent lack of foresight when judging the abilities of Arsenal players.

Is Song still shite?

Is Diaby really shite?

And Eboue?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ogahimself(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2009
whats d update on cesc?? . . sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Kit
For how long would we keep talking about Ade?
he isn't as big as Vieira, Henry,Pires,Ljungberg and co that have left Arsenal.
We have wished him the best in his quest at Citeh.
Arseanl isn't going to resign him so pls, let's move on.
I wonder what will happen when Ade goes on a drought(not a curse, because it will happen)

About yesterday's match.
Wasn't opportuned to watch but saw the highlights later on.
How does Diaby do it?
Fantastic in a couple of games and absolute nonsense in others
Hope he can keep it up
Worried about the injury to Fab4.Hope it's not that bad!
All in all, 2 out of 2.
Good start
We visit Old Toilet next after we should have booked the ticket to play CL midweek against Celtic
BTW,the Good fortune smiling on Gallas should please continue, esp. against Manure on Saturday grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2009
A brilliant Arsenal team continued an emphatic start to the season on Saturday evening as they thrashed a hopeless looking Portsmouth team 4-1 at the Emirates. Arsene Wenger made four changes to team that faced Celtic on Tuesday with Eduardo replacing Nicklas Bendtner up front for his first Premiership start since February 2008. Kieran Gibbs and Emmanuel Eboue slotted into the full back positions in place of Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna while Abou Diaby replaced Alex Song in the centre of the midfield.

It was Arsenal who started brightly, with Diaby finding himself free on the right in the opening seconds with a clear sight on goal. Unfortunately, he took t0o much time to make up his mind allowing the scurrying Nadir Belhadj to deflect the ball over the bar.

His finishing was much better in the 18th minute when he finished off a brilliant move worked by the in-form Eduardo. He collected the ball on the left, nudged it past Marc Wilson and raced around him to collect it, steading himself and rolling a neat pass to Diaby who sidefooted powerfully to the top corner. The fans were singing one nil to the Arsenal.

If that was brilliant, the next was equally as exceptional courtesy of a classic counter attacking move by Arsenal. Diaby headed a Portsmouth freekick clear and raced ahead with Fabregas sending a neat ball to the overlapping Eboue on the right. Eboue had the presence of mind (this time) to square the ball to Diaby who gave David James no chance with a neat finish.

Pompey surprisingly pulled one back Kaboul towered above a static Almunia to nod in Belhadj’s centre from the left. One thing I must say is that if Almunia had made an effort to get the ball earlier than he did, he’d probably have been given the foul. However, his indecision cost him a clean sheet as he only challenged the ball after Kaboul was in the air and could only clutter into him. Classic switch off from Almunia…very daft!

Cesc was withdrawn at halftime with a tight hamstring and speaking after the game, the manager had this to say;

“If it is a little pull he will be out for three weeks, if just tightness, maybe , Wednesday. We’ll know more in 48 hours.”

For our third goal, William Gallas was on the right end of an attacking move he knew next to nothing about. An Arshavin free-kick was flicked on by Van Persie with Vermaelen sliding in at the far post with his effort finding Gallas who kicked the ball into his own face and into the net. I always say a goal is a goal as long as it is in the net. At this stage, Arsenal were cruising and Aaron Ramsey who had come in at half time for the Captain scored his first Premier League goal in the 69th minute when he broke the Pompey offside trap to latch on to Van Persie’s incisive pass and finish neatly past a helpless David James.

I could go on and on with every detail, but I’ve already done that on my twitter feed! Besides, the official match report is much better at Arsenal.com. As earlier predicted, Piquionne was the outstanding player for Portsmouth although Peter Storrie and Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim looked unperturbed at the proceedings from their Executive Box.

Abou Diaby provided what is arguably one of his best performances in an Arsenal shirt and I must confess that he has looked much sharper and determined in his two appearances this season. I recall that at Members Day earlier this year, two squad members had a separate routine from the entire team. Diaby underwent a rigorous passing routine while Thomas Vermaelen was made to work on his endurance. These two players have had a unique impact on our season so far, Diaby with his more incisive footwork and Passing and Thomas Vermaelen with his fitness levels and his ability to blend into a new team within a short period.

Speaking to the press after the game, a delighted Arsene Wenger had this to say

“We have had a brilliant start. It should create confidence and momentum. We now go into another week which will be another test against Celtic and then Manchester United. It looks to be exciting and interesting. We want to make this place very special, and there is still some more work to do. However, you also have to accept the team have to get the people off their seats, not the other way around. Last year maybe we did not give enough belief to our fans, and maybe the belief of our fans had been affected by the negative publicity we got.”

On the frustrating time Diaby has had, the boss also had this to say;

“He has been out for nine months. He has been here three years and I have seen that today he played his 100th game so that means he has been out for a long, long time. He has had little problems and he worked very hard this summer. This could be Abou’s year, it could be his season because he prepared well, he looks very sharp, very strong, he has all you dream to have to play in the Premier League.”

The News of the World are reporting that Arsenal are ready to open contract talks with Cesc Fabregas to fend off interest from Barcelona. Although he is currently contracted till 2014, we’ll look to Arsenal.com for some official confirmation.

Meanwhile, Celtic Manager Tony Mowbray is already turning his thoughts towards the second leg of the Champions League play off tie on Wednesday. Speaking after Celtic’s 5-2 thrashing of St Johnstone, he said

“Obviously, the result of the first leg alters your thought patterns of how you might set up for the second leg. If we had been sitting here 2-0 ahead I would probably play a different team than if we were 2-0 down. We have to go and score some goals. I am pretty clear in my mind what my team is going to be next Wednesday but wait and see. I understand that I get judged. If we lose 2-0 I’ve got the team wrong again. But if we manage to win 3-0 everyone will be pretty happy hopefully.”

A 3-0 victory for Celtic at the Emirates? Rather presumptuous if I may say. I think their defensive frailties will let them down in this tie. The error prone Gary Caldwell’s misjudged header allowed Trinidad and Tobago international Colin Samuel to rifle past Artur Boruc . He’s already been sent off for Scotland this season and it was he who gave away the free kick that led to Gallas’ goal at Parkhead as well as scoring an own goal for the second. I remember Mowbray saying if I his strategy for the first leg didn’t work he’d probably get beaten in the head? I wonder if we can take him up on the offer any time soon!

Richard Wilson of the Independent is of the opinion that Thomas Vermaelen has added steel to Arsenal’s style. The Mirror are also reporting that we are also set to offer Gallas a new contract and that Tomas Rosicky will return to training on Monday…hmnn! My lips are sealed! In other news, the U18s kick-started the defence of their title with a 1-1 draw away at Sheffield United yesterday.

Before I forget, we’ve scored 12 goals in 3 games and only one striker has scored! Worrisome? I think not; I guess it’s a product of the 4-3-3 formation which gives the midfielder more opportunity to be in crucial positions. That’s all I’ve got to say about that…I’m hungry!

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Cristalz(f): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2009
Really don't see the need for serious player analyses here when the opposition was as weak as a rotten banana.

Pompey na team? The only player worth something on that pitch was David James, and perhaps Kanu. If y'all noticed, their goal wouldn't have happened if Gallas had been doing his job. Dude just stood there looking up, admiring Almunia and the Pompey dude as they both went for the ball. Pompey practically had no defense.  .  .I felt so bad for David James. Man needs to exit that club fast. They're de-repping him.

Of course a good victory's worth celebrating.  .  .just saying the opposition was no biggie at all, so player judgments can't be solidly made based on this particular game. The second I saw ''Arsenal-Portsmouth'' last week, I instantly thought ''hell, easy 3 points for the Arses''.
When you play Portsmouth, everyone easily looks good. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

We need to be ruthless, consistent and grind results out regardless of the opposition

Q.E.D
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
Cristalz:

Really don't see the need for serious player analyses here when the opposition was as weak as a rotten banana.
Of course a good victory's worth celebrating. . .just saying the opposition was no biggie at all, so player judgments can't be solidly made based on this particular game.

Can't you see that the poster said it was a hopeless looking Portsmouth team.

Moderator ko Moderator ni

~Gooner~:

A brilliant Arsenal team continued an emphatic start to the season on Saturday evening as they thrashed a hopeless looking Portsmouth team 4-1 at the Emirates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kay - good to have u back . . .missed you lotz  kiss

Dr.Kit - welcome - missed u too. . . but me i nor miss ADE ooo - fink Bendtner has improved alot. . ESP in that game against Everton.

Celtic - Bonus

UTD - beans. . .ALLBOYZ go buy bread to chop 'em

Sauron - 500GBP?   shocked shocked small money. . .lets do it 1000GBP

ARS 3 - UTD 1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2009
allboyz:

UTD - beans. . .ALLBOYZ go buy bread to chop 'em

Sauron - 500GBP?  shocked shocked small money. . .lets do it 1000GBP

ARS 3 - UTD 1

U get £50 for your account?
Anuofia. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.