Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,832 members, 7,876,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65545 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
HNIC:

It's been happening before and it will happen again!
***HISS***

Are you a spitting Cobra?
Jeeeez. . . . .Only men with vaginas hiss the way you have been doing throughout the week.
Should we assume you are PMSing?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
Fabregas to miss Wednesday night’s clash

Cesc Fabregas will not face Celtic on Wednesday night.

The Arsenal captain picked up a hamstring strain against Portsmouth on Saturday and was withdrawn at half-time. Fabregas underwent a scan on the injured muscle on Tuesday morning.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Arsène Wenger described the scan results as "reassuring" but confirmed he will miss Wednesday night's clash.

"From last Saturday we lost Cesc Fabregas who did not train today" the manager said.

"His scan was quite reassuring as he has no muscular strain but it will take a few days to settle down.

"There's a chance he'll be fit for Old Trafford."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-to-miss-wednesday-night-s-clash

So there you have it,he could be ack for Saturday's game,which is good news as there is no muscular strain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2009
^ I hope we have him available for the weekend
I wouldav rested him for tomorrow's game even if he was fit!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Borat~:

So where does c.ronaldo fit in? Akamu,
Meaning? We are not Gayners that keep on shouting about Ade, Flamini and Hleb. CR7 is gone and hez gone for good.
He was lucky to be in a good team with a good gaffer that brought out the best in him. He won all and decided to move on unlike Ade, Flamstar and Hleb(FAB4 @ the end of the season) that came empty handed and left empty handed. grin grin grin.
HNIC:

These Obertans should leave our thread na
Don't worry, you will lose to Burnley, Birmingham, Wolves
In fact, you will lose 10 matches and still win the league.
Now can you all disappear and get a life!
Scummie logic all the way
It's been happening before and it will happen again!
***HISS***
I have noticed that you use those words when ever you feel defeated. Are u winning the league this season? Be honest with your church mind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Dont you guys love it when Assanal are winnin the "August league"? It makes all the roaches cretins and twats come out. Watch out by January they would be back to their holes.
Check the table again and see who is leading
No basis for your post at  all
kay_pumpin:

Fabregas to miss Wednesday night’s clash

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-to-miss-wednesday-night-s-clash

So there you have it,he could be ack for Saturday's game,which is good news as there is no muscular strain.
Really good news
Heard rozzi trained and Theo will be in the squad also! smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

^ I hope we have him available for the weekend
I wouldav rested him for tomorrow's game even if he was fit!

Absolutely.Any of Diaby,Denilson or Ramsey can take his place for tommorow's game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
HNIC:

Check the table again and see who is leading
No basis for your post at all

You seem to have a lot of time to spare. . . . . i doubt it's reasonable to exchange banter with someone whose team can't cope in a league equivalent to J-league. grin
Heard rozzi trained and Theo will be in the squad also! smiley

Rozzi?Thought the initial report was 2 months?Any news on Nasri?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
DayoKanu,

1. Arsenal are NOT leading the league

2. I come here when time allows and not related to if we are winning.

3. Many times I come and just read and get put off by 5 pages of abuse between two people or a long love letter to Adepaymemore by Dr Kituan

What makes me laugh is that we are supposed to be upset at winning our games so far!

You beat what is put in front of you, no matter what.

I will never judge a league so early on, I am too long in the tooth for that BUT as a fan you are allowed to express optimism and always hope for the best.

So my predictions for the end of season:

Arsenal - Yes we can!
Chelsea
Man U
Tottenham
Liverpool
Man City

How you like me now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biolabee(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2009
dk is just a fish

go to ur bayern munscum thread

oh wait you are the only fan on NL, grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
With Bayern struggling to get any sort of performance together, it is understandable that DK will be riled up. . .take it out on your shambolic club and not on the Royal Gunners of North London.  cool

I don't expect less from the vermin around here, no one ever gives Arsenal credit when it's due. Whether or not y'all like it, the league table shows played 2, won two with +8 goal difference. No rants here can change that.

Cesc is not seriously injured and I think that is good news. . .if I were Wenger, I wouldn't even start him against Utd if fit, but only bring him on if things get tough in that game.

@ Sharon

We understand the league concept, only Liverpool who haven't won in 20 years have no grasp of the league system and are at best a potential cup winning side. Spill all the bollocks you want here, but as long as we keep churning out the results, it will remain nonsense.

Like oga V said, we cannot be sad we have won our games, we only hope we strengthen properly and continue winning games and don't suffer any bad injuries. To all the haters, keep foaming at the mouth like diseased meerkats. tongue

Gunner 1965  cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

@ Sharon

We understand the league concept, only Liverpool who haven't won in 20 years have no grasp of the league system and are at best a potential cup winning side. Spill all the bollocks you want here, but as long as we keep churning out the results, it will remain nonsense.

But what if you don't churn out good results. . . .will my rants become relevant then? grin grin grin
Previous records agree with me that whatever Sauron says about Arsenal shall come to pass. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2009
[quote author=Vieira link=topic=303740.msg4420593#msg4420593 date=1251219505

3. Many times I come and just read and get put off by 5 pages of abuse between two people or a long love letter to Adepaymemore by Dr Kituan

[/quote]

grin grin grin
Adepaymemore
Too too funny
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

But what if you don't churn out good results. . . .will my rants become relevant then? grin grin grin

They will be as relevant as a clock that has stopped - even in that state it's right twice a day, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a non functioning piece of crap. grin

Previous records agree with me that whatever Sauron says about Arsenal shall come to pass. tongue

Rubbish - numerous predictions by you have been proven wrong over and over - we shall see a new set of those come this weekend. cool

Back to gooner issues.

I am still not sure about this 4-3-3 business - granted we've won games and scored goals, but I still feel it's not the best thing for us at the moment. RVP might be creating goals from his 'central' position, but I think playing just behind a main striker like Eduardo or Bendtner, or playiing wide left in a 4-3-3 as he does with Holland will be more productive.

In addition, I am not confident the formation brings out the best in AA23. Let's be frank with ourselves - Cesc aside, we need the little Russian to be at his creative/scoring best. That said, Andrey seems to be happy with the formation so we'll see how it goes.

Less than 7 days to the end of the window. . . .let's see if AW decides to bring anyone in.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

They will be as relevant as a clock that has stopped - even in that state it's right twice a day, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a non functioning piece of crap. grin

U need to dig your head out of your ass.
The recent hiatus really messed up your thinking faculty. grin

Rubbish - numerous predictions by you have been proven wrong over and over - we shall see a new set of those come this weekend. cool

Hahahaha. . . . . . .Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

U need to dig your head out of your ass.
The recent hiatus really messed up your thinking faculty. grin

And you need to change your batteries - saying the same ridiculous thing time and time again is getting highly embarrassing.

Hahahaha. . . . . . .Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal.

Wasn't it 3-0 a few hours ago? Don't worry, you have lot's of time to change it before Saturday. As the saying goes - predict in haste, retract at leisure. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
KAI I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY'S GAME. ONE OF THE GAYNERS OR SCUMMIES WILL CHOP YABBING THAT DAY. wink wink grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

And you need to change your batteries - saying the same ridiculous thing time and time again is getting highly embarrassing.

How so? Arsenal will always be United's bitch.

Wasn't it 3-0 a few hours ago? Don't worry, you have lot's of time to change it before Saturday. As the saying goes - predict in haste, retract at leisure.  grin grin

I see Howard Webb disallowing a goal that resulted in a ruckus. . . . . grin grin grin

chic2pimp:

KAI I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY'S GAME. ONE OF THE GAYNERS OR SCUMMIES WILL CHOP YABBING THAT DAY. wink wink grin cool

And if it ends in a draw?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

And if it ends in a draw?
Then i'll reserve my yabbing for another day and another match. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 6:40am On Aug 26, 2009
@Sauron, tell Sir not to sell Anderson until after saturday. We want to beat your infamous Ando-Fletcher+Carrick combo in your backyard.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by v3: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2009
Interesting. . .

Soooooo many posts regarding the "Batttle Royale", some good, some bad, some "butt" ugly. angry

Why CANT dis thread be limited to juz Arsenal Fans alone undecided Why do we have to have h8rz breathin down our necks each time we whoop teams??

Hate it or Love it : Arsenal's God's "gift" to soccer!!! grin. . .

There's no BIG deal wif the Manure fixtures as i see a repeat of last season's "early" victory against em. . Fab (mos likely may join the party)

I'd love to see the grand, classic battle of the midfield btwn Carrick+Anderson+Scholes & Denilson+Song+Fab. . .

But it's all gonna be too easy to be Manure. . .No Ferdinand grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2009
@VIEIRA

I actually would have tot u woula made more sense. . .

its ridiculous u now sound like it wasnt Hoyte paying ur rent, now its looking like an outright denial shocked

I purposely cooled off the Ade issue but peeps here keep referring to it and best believe it I CHOOSE WHO I REPLY AND U KNOW IT ! so many others say f*ckall here and cant even interpret the offside rule neither can they explain the AWAY GOAL COUNTS DOUBLE system, so why should I reply such irritants when we aint on the same level ?

I hold tenaciously to my own views and peeps shouldnt lose their sleep abt it . . .mind u I love Gerrard and Kaka more than I love any other Arsenal player, BUT ARSENAL IS ONE OF TOP 5 THINGS IN MY LIFE I LOVE MOST . . .SO TAPE IT SHUT ABT WHAT I LIKE AM AND WHO I AM ! tongue

@MUKI

dont get me worked up with ur Ade jibes . . .its becoming nauseating cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2009
v3nom4eva:

Interesting. . .

Soooooo many posts regarding the "Batttle Royale", some good, some bad, some "butt" ugly. angry

Why CANT dis thread be limited to juz Arsenal Fans alone undecided Why do we have to have h8rz breathin down our necks each time we whoop teams??

Hate it or Love it : Arsenal's God's "gift" to soccer!!! grin. . .

There's no BIG deal wif the Manure fixtures as i see a repeat of last season's "early" victory against em. . Fab (mos likely may join the party)

I'd love to see the grand, classic battle of the midfield btwn Carrick+Anderson+Scholes & Denilson+Song+Fab. . .

But it's all gonna be too easy to be Manure. . .No Ferdinand grin
oh oh
now its ferdinand?
haha

we shall see

@KIT BABA
easy o.
whts popping?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by v3: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2009
@dr kit

We may have had our differences when it comes to view, but seeing your last post (above). . It's become clear that you're NUTIN like some of the peepz on here posting alot of shit  that don't even make sense. . I doff my hat for u sir

Arsenal's a club i've loved since i was 7 and it holds a special place in my heart too as well so i can as well understand where you're coming from

@muki

Ade's in the past, so PLS let a dead do lie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 11:24am On Aug 26, 2009
MukiI
No more Ade news otherwise i will subject you to a lifetime ban!
Arsenal has moved on! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Ifedisky(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
The pompousity, sometimes, on this thread is grating. I cannot imagine a rational man denigrating another's post just because "he doesnt know a corner kick!" As far as I know,its no law though, football is subjective so all you supercilious know-alls, where did you learn your bit? And why not try coaching if you know so much. Fora's are for all so get off your high horse and let others be!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mayordee(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ Ifedisky, Word
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2009
Arsene Wenger has moved to rubbish speculations that the second leg of the play off tie with Celtic is a done deal. He said;

“My priority is still to get into the Champions League first and once we are in it, to try to win. We live in a pragmatic world so let’s first get in it. It’s not job done, it’s job to do. That’s how I approach it. There’s a job to do and to finish. We have done a big part of it but the most important [thing] is to get over the line and that’s what we want to achieve tomorrow.”

He also revealed that Aaron Ramsey could deputise for the injured Cesc Fabregas. Quoting the boss;

“I am not scared to put Ramsey in [for this game], but we still have Song, Diaby and Denilson.”

I believe Arsene will have a little selection worry in the midfield as he has four equally capable players available for tonight’s game. I’d rather he allowed Ramsey continue alongside Diaby and decide between Denilson and Song who was rested against Portsmouth.

More refreshingly however is the news that Tomas Rosicky (as earlier reported) is back in training and could even feature at Old Trafford on Saturday. Nevertheless, Arsene has said that he will not unnecessarily rotate the team unless he feels certain players need some rest.

Whilst he named unchanged line ups for our first two games, I believe he wants the best team to play each game and while that could be reassuring, I hope we don’t end up with half of the team being fatigued and the other half too rusty to put up match winning performances. Notwithstanding, I am fully confident that Arsene who has also claimed that Theo Walcott’s England role is unrealistic, will do what is best for the team.

When asked about Blaise Matuidi, Wenger said

“I deny that! The only thing I can tell you is that at the moment we are not close to signing anybody. We have still one week.”

On the future of Senderos, Wenger said there was no news and if he hadn’t moved by the 31st August then he will be considered as any other player in the squad. What this means is that he may have been unwilling to consider him whilst his future was still in the balance. Poor boy!

Meanwhile, Abou Diaby in speaking to the London Evening Standard believes that Arsenal are ready to win the Champions League this season. He said;

“We talk about winning the Champions League. Arsenal are a big club and deserve to win a big title like the Champions League and as a player you want to win that trophy as well so it’s in our mind. I would like to be in United’s place and be in the final. It’s good for them and obviously we want to have the same success. We can definitely challenge everyone this season. We are ready to fight and to get something this year. It will be hard against Celtic, they are a good team and now we are focused on this game. Everyone knows it will not be easy even after winning the first leg so we will have to be focused to go through.

Gael Clichy also claims the rise and fall of Aliaksandr Hleb’s career is a motivation for him to stay put at Arsenal. In an interview with the official Arsenal magazine, he said;

“It proves that sometimes leaving for another big club is not always the right decision. When you move you have to be sure that the club really wants you – you want to know, not necessarily that you’ll be playing all the time, but that you’re part of it,”

Well said Gael…we hope the young guns are listening! In the meantime, the Mirror reckons that Fran Merida is set to be offered a new deal.

Tonight’s game as expected will be a mouth watering encounter with Celtic looking to steal a march on Arsenal’s percieved advantage with an early goal. Error prone centre back Gary Caldwell who was at fault for both goals in the first leg of the tie thinks the Gooners are the Gunner’s weak point? How daft! He said;

“We’ll have to score first to make the fans agitated but we have the players to do that. For us to win would be a great result because Arsenal are a great club. It would be massive, especially as we will have overturned a two-goal deficit.”

Game on then! I expect a not too different line up from the team that faced Portsmouth on Saturday with Ramsey coming in for Fabregas and Song replacing Denilson in the starting line up. I go for Eduardo ahead of Bendtner as the sensational Crozilian be key in unlocking the Celtic defence early on.

Possible Line up: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Ramsey, Song Diaby, Van Persie, Eduardo, Arshavin

Subs: Mannone, Gibbs, Merida, Eboue, Denilson, Bendtner, Wilshere.

My verdict: Arsenal 3 Celtic 0

The game is live at 19:45 on Hi Soccer in Nigeria with audio commentary online at Arsenal TV.

Feel free to join the debates at the Arsenal vs Celtic Matchday Thread as well as the Arsenal Fans Thread of Nairaland.com. A mid-week Podcast is also available from Arsenal.com.

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Tmoni(m): 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
Footballers life on facebook:

Jack Wilshire uploads U-16 post match dressing room photos
---------------------------------------------------------
Arsene Wenger likes this
Gary Glitter likes this
Michael Jackson, oh no wait.

Arsene Wenger takes over group 'Jelly Tots'
Jack Wilshere joins Jelly Tots
Kieran Gibbs joins Jelly Tots
Fran Merida joins Jelly Tots
Aaron Ramsey joins Jelly Tots

Arsene Wenger is interested in young men and injury prone Grown ups
SAF likes this

Theo Walcott became fan of Ryan Giggs
show 12 similar stories

Rafael Benitez took the Quiz "What were you born to do ?"
Result : Waiter
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Tmoni(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2009
Tomas Rosisky is fit and loving life! can't wait for the new season 1 week ago

Tomas Rosisky is depressed
3 days ago

Arsene Wenger has created the group Toss My Salad
3minutes ago
Arsene Wenger has sent out invitations to rafael da silva,fabio da silva,macheda and welbeck to join Toss My Salad
a minute ago
rafael da silva,fabio da silva,macheda and welbeck have ignored the request to join the group Toss My Salad
moments ago

Arsene Wenger is planning cut the average age of his starting XI from 21.25 years to 19.00 years smiley - Yesterday
----------------------------------
Gary Glitter likes this
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
Yawn @ Tmoni

@ Kituan tongue

@Tony Mowbray 3-0 (I hope)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mudes(m): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
y smiley smiley smileyes arsenal will bring more glory in dis season smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
mudes:

I am a tru Liverpool fan

mudes:

y smiley smiley smileyes arsenal will bring more glory in dis season smiley

sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.