Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,832 members, 7,876,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65545 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

U get £50 for your account?
Anuofia.  grin

lolz  grin grin grin. . . .£50 nor reach the money way i dey buy call-card daily 

was kidding though. . .but i dont just see how UTD will get a draw from next wk fixtures. . .UTDs previous games shows that there indeed something wrong with their whole team and including the manager himself. . .maybe he's got brain flu  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
allboyz:

lolz  grin grin grin. . . .£50 nor reach the money way i dey buy call-card daily 

Crap!!!

was kidding though. . .but i dont just see how UTD will get a draw from next wk fixtures. . .UTDs previous games shows that there indeed something wrong with their whole team and including the manager himself. . .maybe he's got brain flu  tongue tongue tongue

The same team that undressed Wigan 5-0?
The same team that scored 5 goals in 45 minutes?
The same team that are so difficult to beat at OT?
Wenger should start praying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

The same team that undressed Wigan 5-0?
The same team that scored 5 goals in 45 minutes?
The same team that are so difficult to beat at OT?
Wenger should start praying.

Yeah i remember Wigan are the CL defending champions.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2009
davidylan:

Everton and Portsmouth aren't world beaters either. . . . .
Arsenal's brilliant form will stutter next week. . . . .The return of Vidic means HELL to GAYnners.
Prediction: Man Utd 3-0 Arsenal. . . . .Denilson to bag a red card. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2009
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

same UTD that struggles to win against Birmingham @ OT

same UTD that got raped by BURNLEY  

CR7 is 85% the whole of UTD and his  gone!. . . tongue tongue tongue UTD will struggle unless SAF does. . . .  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2009
allboyz:

CR7 is 85% the whole of UTD and his  gone!. . . tongue tongue tongue UTD will struggle unless SAF does. . . .  undecided undecided undecided

If CR7 is 85% of UTD, they wouldn't have scored 5 goals in 45 minutes unless you are not good in math.
SAF undressed Wenger 4-0 a year ago without Ronaldo n Tevez.
With Vidic back, Arsenal are neck-deep in shit. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

If CR7 is 85% of UTD, they wouldn't have scored 5 goals in 45 minutes unless you are not good in math.

Vidic ko Pampers Nani ni. . . grin grin grin

oga. . . Enu o se oo . .Mouth no do am ooo . . .cant just wait. . .like play like play. . .Saturday go come. . . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
Sauron no need anti-climaxin the GAME is only few days away.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2009
Looks like Lescott has finally gone. Hope Moyes will now conclude the Senderos biz.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2009
Senderos will be praying not to go to Everton . .especially now grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Cristalz(f): 3:47am On Aug 24, 2009
@ahonohai
Was he the only one that was dropping individual player analyses like the team played Real Madrid? Some oracle whispered in your slow head that my post was directed at the dude, right?
If your lil' lady forgot to give you dinner, go take it out on someone else. Rabble-rouser. tongue grin

Oh. . .if you want my ''job'', all you've gotta do is apply. Quit hating. grin Black man with black belle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2009
@ Dr. Kit, which typa fan are u sef, praising a player who hasnt said one positive thing about ur team since he left and in the same sentence insulting the ones you have?, na wa oh!!
~Sauron~:

as if he wasnt there when we whooped u last season!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 10:26am On Aug 24, 2009
All of the boys and all of the girls are looking to see DK. To tell him his Bay**n team is shitty.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2009
Where do I start from this morning as nothing new seems to be brewing at the moment? The tabloids are making a hash about an interview Andrei Arshavin gave to The Times where he is quoted as saying;

“We still have to buy. That’s my opinion. We shouldn’t set Everton as a benchmark; we should be looking at the top teams of Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona. We should buy first-class players, regardless of their age. We should buy the ones who should improve our game. The top teams have much bigger squads than ours and that is why we have to buy.”

Remember he says that it’s his opinion and it’s not like he was telling the boss what to do as when asked where the boss should strengthen, he said

“I’d rather not comment. I don’t think that would be appropriate. Arsène understands where improvement needs to be done.”

I believe he’s fallen into the age-old trap of journalists leading interviewees on to make them make statements which could easily be taken out of context just like Gallas’ costly mistake last season. Still it’s an interesting interview which tells a lot about his character as a person too.

Yesterday, I forgot to add the manager’s comments about the new atmosphere at the Emirates Stadium after the Portsmouth game. He said;

“Highbury had a natural soul because of all the history; we have to create history here first by winning titles, but also by making the place warm and where you feel the history of the club. The fans have to feel a connection between the values a club wants, and that has always been right here. You want to transfer the history of the club in the walls here, and create a new history with the results. We have maybe at the moment not achieved that, not outside nor on the pitch. My job and that of the team is to create it on the pitch. We have the ambition to win the title, and have a good opportunity to show we can do it.”

Hopefully, we can achieve some of that this season and build on this for the years to come.

In some other news Everton seem to have reluctantly agreed a fee with Citeh for Joleon Lescott and this could cause them to rekindle their interest in Senderos with Everton Manager David Moyes claiming they need new players. We’ll see what happens today and hopefully get some confirmation on Cesc’s injury situation as he remains a doubt for our next two games.

The reserves also kick off their season tonight at home against Fulham…all the best to the lads.

Till Tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 10:47am On Aug 24, 2009
Cristalz:

@ahonohai
Was he the only one that was dropping individual player analyses like the team played Real Madrid? Some oracle whispered in your slow head that my post was directed at the dude, right?
If your lil' lady forgot to give you dinner, go take it out on someone else. Rabble-rouser. tongue grin

Oh. . .if you want my ''job'', all you've gotta do is apply. Quit hating. grin Black man with black belle.

grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2009
About arshavin, i know a lotta people wont agree with me, but he does not seem very happy so far. i particularly paid attention to him against portsmouth, that formation isnt making him happy at all (IMO). he's stuck in this typa play where he only gets to put the ball in the feet of the player making the run, he's been known to like outsmarting defenders. he's not been gettin the chance to do that recently. at the third or is it fourth goal he didnt exactly join in the group hug, just touch and go, perhaps he doesnt feel he's playing enough part in these things. maybe im lookin at him too much or im misreading, but i do hope he gets a coupla goals to put a smile on his face, plus our attack gets to click faster with this new formation, cos the truth is right now, they've not gotten it down patt. at a point in the match all three strikers were within a 2m radius, that shldnt happen at anytime in the match, except maybe at cornerkicks.
to the red and white army!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
slimshay:

as if he wasnt there when we whooped u last season

U mean when we beat you twice in a space of one week at OT and the Emirates in the semifinal of the UCL?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
slimshay:

at the third or is it fourth goal he didnt exactly join in the group hug, just touch and go,
Maybe he had a quarell with his missus before the encounter grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
He better get his shit together b4 the Man Utd game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2009
Asharvin is "arrogant." He doesn't get worked up for small teams when the job is all but done. Look out for him against Manure. Remember he said, i took a pay cut to play against the best. That's not Pompey, that's next Saturday.
By the way that's from his recent interview. Can't be bothered to post the link now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
Diaby is now feeling like a player. . . .

well AA23 just dey yarn him mind ni 0000

Cesc may miss our game on WED.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
WELL WITH WHATS UP WIV CESC, HE MIGHT NOT PLAY ON WED, SATURDAY THOUGH I HOPE HE COMES THROUGH.

WITH ARSHAVIN, I PITY MEN-UNITED. HE IS HOMOPHOBIC, THEM HOMOS CANT COME NEAR HIM E.G JOHN OSHI, MR NEVILLE, AMUGBO, SAMANJA VIDSH, I PITY ALL OF THEM, SIMPLE!!!!

@ SAURON, YA'LL KEEP RUNNING YOUR MOUFS, SHEBI NA MEN UNITED, WHEN WE DISGRACE YOU FOR YOUR OLD TOILET BY WEEKEND, YA'LL WILL COME HERE AND START SINGING, "YOU'VE BEEN BEATING US SINCE, WHERE IS THE TROPHY".

ITS THE RED AND WHITE ARMY, KNEEL WHEN YOU SAY THAT!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2009

Even against United.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
allboyz:

When you had him in your team at the Emirates, United still ran riot with Fletcher and Anderson raping your midfield. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
cool cool cool cool

So the new season is upon us. . . .some people are saying 'I told you so', others are saying 'it's a flash in the pan', another section feels 'it may mean something' while yet another grouping is 'let's wait and see'.

Kudos to the team for their three wins out of three games - we cannot expect more than that. You beat whomever is put in front of you and they have done just that. . . so far at least.

I am not carried away - no trends can be nuanced before the first 10 games are completed, and without the window closed - the team sheet fixed (till January at least).

We are set to go into the group games for the CL, and with that, Wenger will likely move in the market. I am eagerly looking forward to the two games this week, but the important game is not slipping up against Celtic. Whether we win, lose or draw against Utd, it will not tell much of where our fate will lie this season. Beating the lower echelon clubs is and must remain our primary focus - once we do that, I am confident we have sufficient quality to overturn the 'big boys' when the occasion calls for it.

I am particularly glad about Vermaelen's early form, an excellent buy from what I can see - one or two more of those and we will be set for a realistic challenge on all fronts.

My first milestone of September 1st is fast approaching. . . I will give my definitive view on where  Arsenal's season is headed then.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
Dobosky is back. . . . . . shocked shocked shocked grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
Hurrrrrrrrrrrayyy All Hail Dobosky,wait a minute is Debosky.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dipo2much(m): 5:36am On Aug 25, 2009
People like SAURON are just talking out of fear. They know arsenal is gonna be their first real test since the death of RONALDO UNITED.
Whats certain is that arsenal will score two goals at old trafford. And owen Vidic or unvidicinly.
Arsenal have a strong defender in vermaleen,the guy is gonna outshine vidic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

cool cool cool cool

I am not carried away - no trends can be nuanced before the first 10 games are completed, and without the window closed - the team sheet fixed (till January at least).

My first milestone of September 1st is fast approaching. . . I will give my definitive view on where Arsenal's season is headed then.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue

as one blogger said the other time, people this is the time to get carried away. when do you want to get carried away? is it in march when we are 9 points ahead of whoever the f**k is good enough to be behind us grin ?, abeg i will enjoy this season from the beginning to the end wink !!!

All the haterzz, jump from window!!!! its the red and white army!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

but the important game is not slipping up against Celtic. Whether we win, lose or draw against Utd, it will not tell much of where our fate will lie this season. Beating the lower echelon clubs is and must remain our primary focus - once we do that, I am confident we have sufficient quality to overturn the 'big boys' when the occasion calls for it.
Would love to repeat the feat of the 06/07 season by beating the scummies at Old Toilet, but the most important game this week is wrapping up qualification for the CL.The result on saturday may have no bearing at all on the EPL race.
I mean, of what use is it if we beat the Scummies and get burnt by Burnley grin
I would like us to give the Everton treatment to all the non-big 4 sides this season. tongue
That's how we will challenge for the trophy.
We've always done well against the other big 3, but cup up useless draws against the others when we need to be taking the 3 points at stake. angry sad sad
Come on Gunners
It's time for the RED and WHITE army to SHINE. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2009
HNIC:

Would love to repeat the feat of the 06/07 season by beating the scummies at Old Toilet, but the most important game this week is wrapping up qualification for the CL.[b]The result on saturday may have no bearing at all on the EPL race.[/b]I mean, of what use is it if we beat the Scummies and get burnt by Burnley grin
I would like us to give the Everton treatment to all the non-big 4 sides this season. tongue
That's how we will challenge for the trophy.
We've always done well against the other big 3, but cup up useless draws against the others when we need to be taking the 3 points at stake. angry sad sad
Come on Gunners
It's time for the RED and WHITE army to SHINE. cool

seriously why do guys keep saying this stuff, its just the first game, its still early in the season, the games against the smaller teams matter more than against fellow big 'fours' dont matter, last time i checked three points in early august remains three points early may. yes premiership is a marathon, but you want to imagine what would have happened two season ago if we had taken extra 3 points off each of the big four at any point in the season?
i'll give the Arsdhavin advice: The focus is always on the next game.
Its the red and white army!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2009
slimshay:

seriously why do guys keep saying this stuff, its just the first game, its still early in the season, the games against the smaller teams matter more than against fellow big 'fours' dont matter, last time i checked three points in early august remains three points early may. yes premiership is a marathon, but you want to imagine what would have happened two season ago if we had taken extra 3 points off each of the big four at any point in the season?
i'll give the Arsdhavin advice: The focus is always on the next game.
Its the red and white army!!!!
Of course, every match is important.
What I am saying is that if any side should lose on saturday, it doesnt mean they are out of the title race.Isn't that true?
I am stressing on the fact that, it doesn't make sense beating Manure home and away and then lose to Burnley, Stoke and Villa
Of course Slimshay, I would like us to beat every team and by end of March we are crowned champions with 6 games to spare. cool
But that is a tall order.Isn't it? grin
Look at Manure last season, they lost to Arsenal and were beaten blackish blue and bluish back grin twice by Liverpool, yet won the league with a game to spare.They only picked maximum three points, once against Chelski shocked
How did they do it?
they beat all the 'small' teams, both home and away, not drawing with Boro, Fulham and Sunderland or losing to Hull or Stoke.
That's what I am saying, give every of those 'small' teams, the Everton treatment. . , .
Beat them home and away
So that when you play the other big 3, its just about the bragging rights, not necessarily the points!
What do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.