Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,367 members, 7,923,486 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:52 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (66844 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
BlueDiva:

Forget 50 yrs.
2 FA cups
2 League trophies
1 Carling cup,

All in the last 5yrs. That's something.

@The Law,
wetin?

congratulations oh, for acheiving what nobody has ever achieved before, better ask if you dnt knw. we've been on top since forever when you were busy getting raped in the premeirship. Chels, wat?, you've been on ur appendages since forever. but then you wont know dta will you, you were bought along with the russian's money!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
edoyad:

grin grin grin
@slimshay
you said somein earlier on and i haven't stopped laughing, like ROTFLMBAO grin
Do you mean it when you say 67% of gay dancers prefer the name CHELSEA ?
Cos that would explain a lot and answer numerous questions. grin

look around the thread?, u have single moment of doubt?!!, u still do?, browse am see if na lie i dey talk. f**ing homos!!! thats why they just cant leave this thread alone, ARSE, ARSE, ARSEnal, i can just see all of them vibrating where they are now, its so unbearable for them. OCD, gays get a cure!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

don't let me disgrace una gayners oooo tongue grin grin cool

Mr/Mrs Chic2Pimp, which club you dey sef??
You've had more posts on this thread than Mukina, Debosky and Moi put together . . . cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
eldee:

Mr/Mrs Chic2Pimp, which club you dey sef??
You've had more posts on this thread than Mukina, Debosky and Moi put together . . . cheesy

lolz. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
Aguero is a STAR!!!
Did anyone see the goal he just scored??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
eldee:

Aguero is a STAR!!!
Did anyone see the goal he just scored??

I saw it. . . .great goal
Pana just scored - Leto - What a banger! shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
maybe Arsenal shld buy Arguero, he'd be the perfect complement to our team and he's short too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

I saw it. . . .great goal
Pana just scored - Leto - What a banger! shocked

Pity we can't buy these guys anymore . . .
Aguero singlehandedly started and completed a counter attack.
It was easier for him to pass to a spectator than any of his teammates . . . cheesy cheesy

davidylan:

maybe Arsenal shld buy Arguero, he'd be the perfect complement to our team and he's short too.
We can't . He's played UCL football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
eldee:

Pity we can't buy these guys anymore . . .
Aguero singlehandedly started and completed a counter attack.
It was easier for him to pass to a spectator than any of his teammates . . . cheesy cheesy
We can't . He's played UCL football.

We woulda been priced out of a move for him anyway even if he didnt play today!
His game will defo suit Arsenal's styloo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
Burnley just hit Man United grin grin

We're free from Chickenpimps for a whole week grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
Oya all of una gayners make una storm the scummies forum. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 6:55am On Aug 20, 2009
Infact ehn, some time these things dey vex me. Is dat the team dat the media is busy d**k riding evrytime? If it was Arsenal, it will be more like, told you so. MEN Utd?, what?! all they will say is it is just the second game of the season ,, as if it is being recorded on another table:, if u lose three points on the first day of the season, it is three points off on the last day of the season, shimple!!!
Meanwhile, these barca people wont rest, now the rumor is dat they've already signed Fab, we only have to lose to celtic for them to get him, as if, , but what kind of lame deal is dat anyways, me thinks they need a new propagandaist, !!! They must still be mad at having to fork out £12mill for that hleb fellow!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2009
You Arses can be very arrogant sometimes. cool
Well, na internet forum sha. . .It's a free-to-air (abi na free for all) medium! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2009
FBS:

Well, na internet forum sha. . .It's a free-to-air (abi na free for all) medium! grin

thanks for the compliment, you could be anywhere else in the world, but you are here with us, and dats very good for our EGO!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2009
Check this out!Culled from the net
See what Fleet street is saying about Arsenal after just two games!
I always say one should form an opinion based on what one sees
Not one Analyst on TV or newspapers who may not even know up to half of what you know about footie!
Silly people!

Fleet Street has pulled off an impressive trick. Having written off Arsenal before the season, they have now hit on the wheeze of writing sensational stories insisting that there's no crisis at the Emirates following their wins at Everton and Celtic and that everyone has been very silly in predicting failure for the Gunners. This lot are more crafty than a particularly cunning fox.

'In the space of four days, the threatened early-season crisis at Arsenal has not so much been distanced as banished altogether,' begins Oliver Kay in The Times. 'Far from staring into the abyss after awkward assignments in two of British football's most fearsome citadels, Arsène Wenger's young team appeared last night to have come of age after becoming the first English side to win at Celtic Park since Nottingham Forest in 1983.

'Much of the praise should go to Gallas and his impressive new central defensive partner, Thomas Vermaelen, as well as to Denilson and Alexandre Song, who are showing more maturity in midfield, but a special mention should also go to Cesc Fàbregas, whose commitment to the Arsenal cause is beyond question.'

Shaun Custis in The Sun follows suit.

'FAIR to say Arsenal have stuck a very large sock in the mouths of the doubters. Arsenal will not mess up from here and the message to their rivals is crystal clear. Write us off at your peril.'

Hmm. Just remind us, who did that pre-season writing? grin

Matt Barlow in The Daily Mail also continues the urgent revision.

'At Everton on Saturday they destroyed their opponents in a manner we have long associated with Wenger's teams. But here came proof that they now also possess the ability to tough things out and defend a lead, yet it would be unfair to say they won ugly when some of their football against a determined Celtic was such a joy to watch.

'This was some result, the kind that might just force Sir Alex Ferguson to think again after all but dismissing Arsenal as a threat to his Manchester United side when he named only Chelsea and Liverpool as challengers to the champions.'

With Cesc Fabregas, Denilson and Alex Song in midfield, Arsenal are using a new system this season and The Guardian's David Hytner says it passed an important test in Glasgow.

'As tests go, this could be marked down as a big one for Wenger's young team and, more precisely, his new-look formation. How would it bear up in the bear pit, on a night when one of Arsenal's major goals of the season could conceivably be said to have been on the line?

'The answer brought comfort to Wenger. Thomas Vermaelen and William Gallas stood tall at the heart of the defence while in midfield, Arsenal could boast the game's outstanding player in Alex Song, as well as the driving force that is Cesc Fábregas.

'Song was outstanding, his strength, smart positioning and interceptions helping to stem Celtic raids and launch those of his own team. As Wenger seeks his version of total football through midfield and attack, the importance of Song's role cannot be overestimated.'

Indeed not. We've been lauding Song for some time and still can't fathom his FA Cup semi-final omission (or Fleet Street's collective inability to question Wenger about the decision). But there's an odd line in Hytner's commentary that also deserves mentioning: 'It was somewhat mystifying that the Spaniard should shower and change afterwards in approximately 60 seconds and wait for the team bus with a face like thunder.'

No idea why, or indeed how it is possible for anyone to shower and change in less than a minute.

Moving on, there's more praise from Sam Wallace in The Independent for Arsenal before he also produces some reasonably-thoughtful commentary on the defeated home side.

'Trouble in Paradise. "You should have gone to see U2" grin grin grin was the chant from the away end that accompanied Celtic's fans who trudged out before the final whistle. But for all Arsenal's finesse it would be wrong for the visitors to lord it over Scottish football. Celtic were the victims of a wealthier club, one that can afford better, slicker players as well as a manager any team in Europe would covet.

'There were some reasonable performances from Celtic, especially Aiden McGeady in the first half who was at the head of a counter-attack that required a drastic saving tackle from Vermaelen.

'The team may struggle to reach the achievements immortalised in the Lisbon banners that hang around the stadium but the fans at Celtic Park always make a night of it. There can be no other stadium in Europe where the noise and excitement goes up when the naff Uefa Champions League anthem is played. The Arsenal fans who grumble to their seats one minute before kick off at the Emirates could learn a lesson.

'In fact, last night Arsenal's fans showed unprecedented levels of enthusiasm for the verbal jousting that usually passes them by at the Emirates.'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2009
FBS:

chavscum who invited you in here tongue
sharap and close your eyes grin grin

Chickenshrimp
oya scoot angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2009
Super Nick Bendtner is set to be rewarded with a three year extension to his contract following his scintillating start to the new season.

Two outstanding performances on the right side of our new 4-3-3 formation has shown that our young Dane has clearly got a bright future ahead of him if he continues on this path. I hope he isn’t caught with his pants down again though! Maybe the exit of his nemesis the Togonator has something to do with it…hmn! My lips are sealed!

Manuel Almunia has also revealed that the team spirit in the team has improved since the departures of both Adebayor and Toure who didn’t get on with Bendnter and Gallas respectively. He also believes that we have ironed out our defensive flaws. He said;

“All the players, we have a better relationship with each other and, if the dressing room works, then, on the pitch, the team works as well. It’s something that is right. Everybody comes into the dressing room with a better mood. It’s crucial to have a good relationship with each other.”

“I think everybody knows what we did last season, what mistakes we made, everyone knows what we had to improve and every single player is trying to do his best. We will put everything together and that’s it”

Robin van Persie believes that all the negative criticism in the press helped to unite the squad as they sought to change that impression. Quoting him;

“Maybe being written off brings the players a little closer together but we will see what happens. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to make the ‘enemy’ cleverer than they are!”

However, Celtic manager Tony Mowbray still believes Celtic stand a chance of overturning the two goal deficit at the Emirates next week. He said;

“It’s a big ask for us now but I think the secret is to go down there and try to score the first goal, that would make them very nervous and edgy, but if they score first we aren’t going to score four at the Emirates.”

I must admit that the tie is far from over as Celtic have proved to be the better Glasgow team, but then it’s more difficult than it seems as I don’t ever see this Arsenal losing at home to Celtic next week. At least he is still being realistic when he says their only chance is if they score first.

Celtic forward Giorgios Samaras has admitted that the home side’s errors cost them the first leg of the tie. Speaking to the Daily Record, he said;

“If you see how we played and how many easy mistakes we made then it’s difficult to win against a world-class team with world-class players,”

Carlos Vela’s agent has revealed that the young striker is recovering from an ankle injury sustained on international duty with Mexico. Other reports had earlier linked him with a loan deal to Fulham as part of a deal to bring Brede Hangeland to Arsenal. Get well soon eh Carlos!

Meanwhile goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is eying a Carling Cup berth this season. Speaking to Arsenal.com, he said

“I want to convince the manager to give me a Carling Cup chance, then my main target is to be No 1 at Arsenal, I want to jump into the starting XI every Saturday so I need to take all the steps. Personally I think my development has been very good so far so hopefully I will keep doing well and take my chances.

I want to take every step: last year I stepped up from the Under-18s to the Reserves, this year I managed to get into the first-team squad. I got a few chances from the boss and I knew that was my chance to convince him to give me more chances. I think I have taken it well. I’ve kept a clean sheet throughout the whole of pre-season and now I want to prove to him that I am a good keeper and he can rely on me. Mentally I believe I am ready for the first team. I’m very confident. I have never played at the top level but mentally I am ready for that.”

That indeed is a statement of intent from the 19 year old who broke both arms in a freak training accident last year. From the what I saw of him in preseason, I consider him a much better prospect than Manonne or Fabianski and hope he takes giant strides in his development. Good luck then eh?

Giant killers Burnley scalped another big name last night as they beat champions Manchester United 1-0 last night. ***grins***. We’ll see how they fare in late November! In some other not so pleasant news, Sp*rs beat Hull 5-1 away from home to mark their best start to a season in 14 years…next thing you know they’ll start thinking they’ll win the league…not a chance! Used car salesman Phil Brown claims Sp*rs will finish in the top four this season. At whose expense Phil? Still it’s better than the crazy Man City fan that got a tattoo with the Champions League trophy two years too early! Delusion; that’s what it is!

There’s some more crazy stuff from Spain with the press insinuating that Arsenal has signed a deal with Barcelona to allow Cesc Fabregas to leave next summer but I won’t even go there.

Till tomorrow, Victoria Concordia Crescit!

grin thegreengooner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hmm i'm pretty impressed with our first few games but knowing Arsene he would think it unnecessary to strengthen which is my main worry glancing around at the competition and a few quality buys would not hurt our chances at all.Verm is good but why would Arsene watch the Spurs steal Bassong from us?Steven Taylor is also out there and he's cheap he is also English which would help the 6+5 cause.Pls Arsene this team is still a couple of players short!! 11 days to go
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2009
The media can f-off for all i care, guess the d**k riding they've been givin every other person isn't satisfying anymore. Thye need new lovers, dont come close, we just a buncha straight teenagers oh!!!  grin Please we need you to hate, so we can use it to make ourselves stronger  angry.  VanPersie well done jare, lets keep it to ourselves. About buying players: when we were fumbling badly early last season, Arsene wenger did not buy, ya think its now that we seem to be doing well he will buy? Abeg me i don give up o jare, but meanwhile, i do hope he buys sha!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
[quote author=mukina2 link=topic=303740.msg4387770#msg4387770 date=1250765233
Chickenshrimp
oya scoot angry
[quote][/quote]have u eaten dis morning? I can tell u are very hungry tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
Walahi Wenger had better not make that dreadful error 'again'.
What are the chances Galls and Verm will stay fit all season ?
Even worse, after song has been away for a whole month, what are the chances he'll return fit or uninjured from ACN(remember Kolo) ?
Right now that loan arrangement doesn't seem so distasteful as first announced. I remember Eduardo on the floor writhing in pain waiting for a stretcher and what transpired after that. Honestly those memories are still as clear as tuesday night in my head, i don't need de javu to remind me of march 2008.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
Edoyad
lets see what he has in store for us smiley

chickenshrimp
sharrap angry

[size=2pt]yeah 24k baby[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
smiley
@MK2 , well that's all we can do. Wait and see what the Wizard of Arz is cooking.
Can you believe some came here to criticise our 'Yes we can' campaign ?
Well i gave them some vinegar and told them shove it . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
fingers cross, im hopin he does not make dat mistake. but we all know wenger, the prof is stubborn in his ways. often times i've wondered what are the underlying principles in his transfer strategies, my head jus wan blow, so i don free that line of thinking.
hope we get the players where they are needed.
for the haters utd, just try to keep your distance. they just cant resist the sight of teenage arses, and whats worse, frustration is killing some of them now!!! haters will never like, but they just gotta mess with it, our game is too tight!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
I heard that Liverpool have even submitted a bid for Van d v, dont know how true since It's goal.com. If Arsenal need any Madrid player i dont think It's Vdv, but then again i dont know which Madrid player actually need save Alonso grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
isnt he an attackin midfielder, we have enough of those. what we need now is an extra out and out striker, a DM as cover , and another CH as cover!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2009

Slim ? Are you serious ?
Wenger bring 3 men into Grove by next weekend ?
We'd prolly have to kidnap his family and make him do that as ransom. grin grin
But seriously speaking i wouldn't mind that DM you mentioned + CH (wishful thinking) grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by surebabe(f): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;d ;d ;d

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2009
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/173466_6334_771179310299_197809933_46817964_6923675_n_jpge2526cbf519de040b6965b1ba21648e8
MINT!!!!!!!!!!

ARSENAL are
ROFLMAO  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. I can smell it from my yard. Thats how bad it sinks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2009
Taking this guys case for granted could aggravate his condition.
I believe we have a Dr Kitaun on this thread.
Doctor if you can read this you are needed urgently. That Burnley defeat seems to have caused far more damage than earlier diagnosed. The psychological consequences of the TRAUMA Burnley inflicted could last far beyond this season.
Burnley is evil and i hope ManU never face them again. Just see what they've caused. There guys have been pushed into lunacy. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by slimshay(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2009
The pervs are in the building again oh,, iron girdles on!!!  shocked
Sharon Stone the doctor said you should take 2 chill pills every morning, if symptoms persist after 2days consult your herbalist!!!  grin
Chic2chimp, as your names says, you are in a free fall retrogression. Anyways congrats on the 800m gold medal you just won for south africa!!!!  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.