Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. (1371 Views)

[PHOTOS] 7 Powerful Nigerians EFCC Has Gone After Since Buhari Came To Power / EXPOSED: Powerful Nigerians Don’t Want Chibok Girls Back / Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by adconline(m): 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2006
Tell me about powerful  Nigerians in Diaspora you know.
I came across this guy. Come on people lets   show some Nigerians who are really making  it big in diaspora

John O. Agwunobi
Assistant Secretary for Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

http://www.hhs.gov/about/bios/asstsechealth.html
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2006
That guy isn't a Nigerian, he'll fight for America if a war breaks out between the two countries.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by kitaun(m): 1:03am On Nov 13, 2006
U can say that again
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by candylips(m): 1:11am On Nov 13, 2006
the guy na american with a nigerian name thats it
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Eastcoast(f): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2006
@candylips, you can just say that again. He is only of nigerian descent. Thatz all.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Ynot(m): 3:39am On Nov 13, 2006
Raymond L. Chukwu. A Nigerian in wrong party (Republican). He lost to Mike M. Honda of California House District 15.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 13, 2006
Now the Chukwu guy is a Nigerian.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by adconline(m): 4:51am On Nov 13, 2006
Naija and politics of  discriminnation. This guy attended  University of Jos , Nigeria for his medical degree. What makes someone a Nigerian?

He will fight for America because   America has given  him the greatest position he  may not have dreamt of if he were in Nigeria.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by kitaun(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2006
Exactly our point, keep getting it twixted whilst we watch
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by adconline(m): 6:45am On Nov 14, 2006
Does it mean that Olisadebe is not a Nigerian?  This mentality of saying anyone who does wear Nigeria on their face is not a  Nigeria.
We discriminate between indigenes and no indigenes, we discriminate state universities and federal universities, not to talk of polythecnics, that's  why Sani Yerima could afford to say to Southerners inspite of giving us your money, you are not really a Zamfaran, you must pay for school fees. Its time to wake, all these hardline postures have kept us stagnated in the past 46years.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2006
Adcoline

Please this isn't the same situation as what you're describing. A real Nigerian won't use his resources to industriously serve another nation. You don't see an American willing to fight for another country against the United States in a war, that is the kind of national patriotism we're lacking. Saying that someone who'll rather serve another country with his resources than sarve Nigeria is completely valid. Lack of patriotism is what is stagnating us and not saying that someone who'll rather be called an American of Nigerian origin is not Nigerian.

You're a Nigerian does not mean you're Zamfaran by the way. If the state is using their money to offer free education to their indigenes, it is within their right to do so.
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by kimba(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2006
Its not everybody who looks like a Nigerian, or who has a Nigerian surnname that is a Nigerian. Nigerians have the habit and like to claim what is not theirs, even the people who dont give a shit about them.

@adconline,
how do you think someone like that John Agwunobi, after getting to that position in life would remember Nigeria. Ask him, he doesnt know what the Capital of Nigeria is.

for the Chukwu of a guy,first, from his pose in his picture, he is posing like a Nigerian. You know all these kinda pics with some awkward kinda pose, you know that such people are nigerians. Besides, even his flimsy website looks as if it was designed by a Nigerian.

Im not saying that Nigerians cannot design websites, but you know the typical colors are all there.
Peace!
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by adconline(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2006
@Donzman
I want us to be progressive minded in our discussion. This guy has not been called to serve Nigeria and you are prejudicing his intentions.   Who is a real Nigerian? The Presidents who devotes 100 percent of his energy fighting his enemies, or someone who uses his private jet to ferry money across Naija.  You did not answer my question on Olisadede.  You remember Friday Igali, A Nigerian born Canadian citizen who captained his team at  Common Wealth Games. Today he is building a multi-million-naira school project in his community. Can we say that he is not a Nigerian? 

The constitution is very clear on citizenship, Agwunobi lived and schooled in Nigeria, how can he not know anything about Nigeria. Indians and Chinese will be happy that one of their own made it to the White House and we are here debating who is a Nigerian or not. If Okonjo Iweala had not been invited to serve, we would not have believed her Nigerianess.  Your argument seems to suggest that Nigerians are allergic to high achievement. Mind you Arnold Schwarzenegger is not an American by your argument. Patriotism is an agreement between a state and its people, the state has not kept to its on bargain and the people have discarded the agreement.  This is why  there will be no patriotism. OK
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2006
Why is it difficult for you to understand that there's a difference between being of Nigerian descent and being "Nigerian"?, Is this guy your father?
Re: Tell Me About Powerful Nigerians In Diaspora. by adconline(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2006
I originally posted this topic.  The context is never  who is a Nigerian descent  or   a " Nigerian" I think someone is not reading carefully.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Activates Nuclear Accelerator At Obafemi Awolowo University / A Female House Member Is Causing Commotion In Isu Ancient Kingdom / Nigerian Election Debate Group-nedg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.