Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,936 members, 7,931,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:35 PM

Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached (5417 Views)

Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen / Senator Joshua Dariye Is Warming Up To Decamp To PDP / How Is Joshua Dariye A Senator? - Has Efcc Exonorated Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2006
saintchux , you need to stop making stupid noise in this forum, you are not been objective at all.
saintchux:

Due process!!!. That what I am saying

On Dariye,
nobody is talking about the money donated to PDP
Nobody is taking about the money given to Mantu
What of the refund made by Obasanjo and Atiku to Plateau state.

LET ME ASK YOU 1 QUESTION BOY.  DID PDP put a gun to DARIYE'S head and said he must give them the money donated?
DID Mantu put a gun to Dariye's head and ask him to give him money? the answer is no, he need to be accountable for his action.  If you go rub a bank and give the money to beggers on the street, did they force you to steal the money? no.  They might be guilty of collecting the money but the crime here is a GOVERNOR under oath stole and should be severely dealt with.

you guys need to stop thinking outside the box and start telling this people they are wrong, and stop talking about this crazy due process my ass. was he thinking of due process when he was enjoying all the money? was he thinking of due process when he opened 15 accounts in London? was he thinking of due process or the poor people of Jos when he was stealing. Nonsence.  Boy don't get me started please.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2006
Odeku they asked all state governor to donate not just dariye .every PDP governor made the donation so the fall out came when they made their stand clear on OBJ and ATIKU who ever decide to stand on the VP side must definitely go down. Take it from me.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2006
i don't buy that. there are valid evidence this governors are eating hot beans, and now the beans is choking them
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2006
Then who will serve the beans that will choke Edo state governor and Ibori beleive me the day fall out of their track with the presidency that is the end of both. But for now nobody is asking them question about the fund being released to the state. Things are bad there Odeku once you are in nigeria call me and let take a ride down town and see the suffering of people. It is not about traveling abroad and painting a picture on canvas that will will attract every body who hears about it what about the three dimensional fact on ground that is not being seen by any one abroad.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by saintchux(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2006
Odeku:

HERE IS what the constitution said, so before you start talking dude. go to a vocational school and read about the constitution IS DARIYE YOUR UNCLE? you sound bitter about this process

Dariye is not my uncle. I am not from Plateau state. I am married & cannot even marry from plateau state.

This is my point:

To fight aginst corruption, the system used to fight it should not be corrupt itself.

All I have been saying is that let us do it right. I am bitter becuase is giving us a bad name.

Odeku:

saintchux , you need to stop making stupid noise in this forum, you are not been objective at all.

LET ME ASK YOU 1 QUESTION BOY. DID PDP put a gun to DARIYE'S head and said he must give them the money donated?
DID Mantu put a gun to Dariye's head and ask him to give him money? the answer is no, he need to be accountable for his action. If you go rub a bank and give the money to beggers on the street, did they force you to steal the money? no. They might be guilty of collecting the money but the crime here is a GOVERNOR under oath stole and should be severely dealt with.

you guys need to stop thinking outside the box and start telling this people they are wrong, and stop talking about this crazy due process my ass. was he thinking of due process when he was enjoying all the money? was he thinking of due process when he opened 15 accounts in London? was he thinking of due process or the poor people of Jos when he was stealing. Nonsence. Boy don't get me started please.

PDP did not put gone on Him niether dd Mantu. But when PDP and mantu collected the money, they know where it is coming from. They know that it is Plateau state government money. Why did they accept it

I have never supported looting or laundering of money. What I am sayng it that the rule of law should be followed.

Mr. Bamidele Aturu said: " The point must be made again that while no one supports looting of public treasury by elected or appointed officials, there can never be any sensible justification for breaching the rule of law as was manifestly done on the Plateau. What took place in Jos this morning (Monday) is nothing but unbridled legislative brigandage."

For your Infromation, Bamidele Aturu is Human Right Activist.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2006
Do me a favor, when you see Bamidele Aturu Tell him to go to hell with his activity.
according to him. sensible justification for breaching the rule of law is the GOVERNORS stealing and falsifying documents to award contracts. The most malevolent crime you can commint against any state is what this so called people have done and they must now dance to the music.

Why is he on the run now, be a man and stand and fight with your head up if you are innocent.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2006
Tell Odeku may be he will understand. You know he livein Gods own country and he believe the same rule of law apply here but no it does not. For your info what was the problem between Ngige and CHris Uba. It was allocation of fund that ngige refuse to share with him making him understand that he sart giving him 10 million from the state allocation what will be left for the sate. The same problem came up between adedibu and ladoja. So what are we saying here PDP is killing this country man.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by otokx(m): 4:48am On Nov 15, 2006
This country na wa. It took just 6 legislators out of 24 to impeach a serving governor. How many people will it take to rig an election then? Answer: 1 (thank God for e-voting)
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by stanech: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2006
otokx:

This country na wa. It took just 6 legislators out of 24 to impeach a serving governor. How many people will it take to rig an election then? Answer: 1 (thank God for e-voting)

Well the matter be say the guy thief and them remove am. Any how them take remove am no really matter even if say na bloody coup.

You guys should take a paulse and give a second thought before posting any view(s) on this forum

Are you in Nigeria? Take a walk round the country and see people surffering.
Then a man is taking the money ment for his own brothers and sister into his already fat account in London and other places.
Let me ask you is that man fit to live?

toshmann:

I don't care about democracy, all I care about is good govt. if the constitution does not give us what we want, we damn the piece of paper and go about it our own way. angry

if democracy is protecting the thieves we call governors then let the president arrange an otta farm style democracy. angry

by the way, those saying the removal of dariye was unconstitutional,please go to thisday and read gani's article.

u guys don't appreciate the impact of corruption in our country. look at some of these european countries, they don't have as much money as us, yet see their land. haba!!!!!!!! angry if any thief is removed from office by only 1 vote i will support the impeachment. angry

Agreed

Beside's, (Gani) says it is constitutional.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by ayoolaltd: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2006
Can somebody tell me why small money is not enough for this people? they steal millions and billions and yet they are not satisfy.

see, IF EFCC is about to remove a governor, why can't they put him on house arrest, stop all his official duties untill after he is proved innocent OR assign his deputy to official duties and put him under house arrest, there should be no entry or exit of any convoy or car, fully guided by the police. this way i don't think they can run away to any where.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by omofineboy(m): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2006
I disagreed with most of you guys, you are missing the point, everyone knows Dariye is a thief and all of them too, but we should try and follow constituitional provisions, why are we in a haste to impeach him when he has less than six month to leave the office, even at that must we not follow dues process? someone says Gani Fawehinmi says they are right to impeach Dariye if it is true then it is most unfrotunate, what it means is that sometimes if we have a good governor 2 out of 24 legislators can actually sit and impeach him, these happenings portends danger for our young democracy, in Plateau we have a serious issue of illegality, some 6 constitituencies of the state out of 24 impeached a governor, no matter the offence lets preach constituionalism, lets follow it please. Now after the impeachment have they been able to arrest him? thats the issue he should be brought to book not all these nonsense that OBJ is engaged in.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by molluma(f): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2006
the truth of the matter is that if we are to impeach corrupt governors then i doubt any govenor would remain. the people on top are witch hunting and like the obeidient subjects we are hailing them and fitting into their agenda nicely. in conclusion we are all being used knowingly or unknowingly.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Odeku(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2006
People People, NIGERIANS, I love you guys but lefts start thinking like we love this country
CASE 1

If a thief come to your house and rob you of your belongings and you subdue him

Answer

Will you beat the crab out of him?

wait and call the police?
or

let him go and come back to rub you again?

this governors violated their constitutional right by stealing in the 1st place, this idiots have 5 and multiple houses overseas, and some qualified people with education cant afford one square meal. Tell me they don't have a constitutional right to provide for their family.

[size=15pt]
I believe in instance justice. If you dip your hand in the honey jar then when the bees come to sting you don't complain.[/size]
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Bigjay(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2006
There are three categories of Governors now.
1. Those running for second term,
2. Those running for presidency and,
3. Those on the run

Fayose and Dariye are not the last set to be on the run, keep your fingers crossed!!! tongue grin cheesy wink
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by Effizy(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
I like to respond to all the comments on the issue at hand as stated below:

Among all the governors impeached so far,which party they belongs to - PDP of course, u can now see that the people that made up the party doesn't have anything good to offer as far as am concern.They all lack what it takes to be a good leader.They are self centered and callous!.

However,i'm not in support of Dariye,but how he was impeached was totally illegal.Take for example how Gov. Obi of Anambra was impeached, in the early ours of d day.Are they working 24 hrs now,i mean the senators.Thats why they were able to sit by 5.00am and pass judgement on the state chief executive.This act needs to be checked for the sake of our nascent democracy.Any corrupt governors should be impeached but due process must be followed.This will bring confidence in our democracy but not that 6 people will sit early in the morning and impeached the governor, nooo!!!!

Thank you all God will continue to increase your knowledge.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by gwatala(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2006
Some people on this thread support Dariye's removal because he allegedly stole. Hmm. They ignore the rule of law and the supremacy of the constitution. Now imagine a scenario where an accusation is made against Obasanjo (Transcorp, Andy Uba etc), and a few Senators (say 14 out of 109) carry out an impeachment process (in say two weeks, or less), would we keep quiet?

The point here is this, today it is Plateau, tomorrow we don't know what next will be done to undermine the constitution, until it finally becomes just a bound stack of sheets, harmless as a toothless bulldog.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by IykeD1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2006
I haven't read the constitution but is there anywhere it said the members can not meet at
dawn (5am) and dispatch its duties, I am talking about a committee or panel here?

After all is said and done, the goal of the constitution is to strengthen/protect the interest
of the citizens, I don't see how keeping Dariye serves that. Also, no one is discussing the
fact that he has absconded, he knew he looted the hell out of the state unlike Mr. Obi who
is still very much around.

Ours is a young democracy with a very weak foundation, these type of abuse is bound to
happen until it matures. At the same time, don't forget the fact the governors also brazenly
abuses democracy via the immunity protection afforded them by the same constitution. In
most civilized democracies, mere accusations or appearance of impropriety is enough for one
to step down, but in Nigeria, these guys will rather take the entire state down with them.

Believe it or not, justice may come in different shades. There were speculations that certain
foreign governments had a hand in the death of Abacha and that he was poisoned. Well, in
such a case whether true or not, I will take that particular brand of justice that he received.
Would you have preferred if he was arrested (by whom?), brought to trial and may be in the
process throw the nation into a civil war?
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by omofineboy(m): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2006
In Nigeria apart from the constitution there are what we call extant rules and regulations, which as a civil or public servant you must follow, in Nigeria Govt approved working hours to be between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday. So what ever you do outside the stipulated time may not be correct even though there is what we call over time and not under time. so in effect their sitting was very illegal.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by IykeD1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2006
Omofineboy,

So in essence what you are saying is that our elected officials must ONLY work and tend to
the affairs of the nation/states/LGAs beginning only from 8am - 4pm(Mon -Fri)?

So even if a state is under some sort of crisis, life and properties are being threatened, etc.
we must wait for our honorable members to only work between 8am and 4pm, anything
outside that is incorrect or illegal?

Hmmmm, I understand why nothing works in Nigeria now. . .
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by McKren(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2006
People are just being naive in here. Noboby says OBJ's hands are clean, he may have done questionable things but at least he thinks the status quo should not continue. Probably the most appropriate thing OBJ would have done is to allow all man chop then come 2007 hand over to Atiku and the game will continue abi?. May be if he did that he would have been more popular right? would he personally have lost anything if he did just that? When some people want to be sincere they tell u OBJ uses and dump people, if the fight against corruption has destroyed his relationship with his closest allies then whose interest is OBJ actually protecting? Dariye was OBJ's ally before his ordeals, so too was Fayose, Wagbara, Tafa Balogun, Afolabi, Fasawe, Marwa.
Yes there is the question of Adedibu, there is also the Ubas.

Being a president is not just white and black like we see it, OBJ needed to soil his hands to rise to power in 1999, he also needed some people to remain in 2003. But what matters most is where are we today in the fight against corruption. In 2003 election was openly how much you can spend, people were sharing money openly and anyhow but today people are campaigning on the slogan of war against corruption promissing to continue the fight. That is a huge shift in values.

Forget Uba and Adedibu they will soon meet their waterloo, once upon a time Anenih was all and all but today he is not that influential.

Rather than criticise the system what Nigerians should rather do is to cash into the system, work closely with EFCC and enthrone credible leadership. Forget EFCC and selective justice. If they go into transcorp like you guys think OBJ will be removed someone like Atiku will take over and we will go back to square one.

We have the greatest opportunity to enthrone true leadership that will be clean enough to give an unselective fight to corruption post 2007.

I am not being biased am just facing the peculiarity of the Nigerian situation.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by IykeD1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2006
McKren, very well said. . . but but what about N300billion that Anenih got
for roads?. . . but Orki Kalu said this . . . but Dariye was an OBJ supporter
until he went against 3rd term
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by toshmann(m): 12:08am On Nov 22, 2006
McKren,
i agree with you 100%. u said some hard facts all these blind critics should know. it is not enough to come to nairaland and make noise. some people are doing something to at least change the mind-set in nigerian political life. in future governors and senate presidents etc are going to be more careful.
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by omofineboy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Iyke-D

We need to make available our minds to facts, telling you about working days in Nigeria is just an information perhaps you don't know, no office in Nigeria resumes 5.am in the morning, offices are known to resume 8am okay, and moreso which crisis was in anambra that if they didnt sit at that time the state will burn? we need to say facts please, after the impeachment or before it how many times have they repeated the nonsense sitting in the wee hours? lets be factual and also lets support legality.

@Mckren

You may be unfit to do something thats right atimes, morally Obasanjo is unfit becuase hes well involved in almost every kobo stolen in Nigeria. The corruption we are fighting is vendatta against some people, and if we use a very good agency of govt to carryout vendatta then we missed the point, there are many corrupt people here in Nigeria, lets fight them with all sincererity and follow the constutional provision, when you talked about Dariye he once said he gave OBJ 100m which when he OBJ was ready to deal with him he refunded the money back to him, some more sincere persons wont collect such money , see OBJ is a criminal except you don't know any thing about him, I was one of those people that believed so much in him before 2004 but the COJA scandal which he made look as if Atiku was the only thief eroded that believe in him, Obasanjo is stealing, I know much about his stealing and may be just may be when we have a God fearing president some of us will be witnesses at his trial, I meant journey back to prison
Re: Joshua Dariye Of Plateau State Impeached by hppyromz(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2018
https://december2018calendar.info/
http://december2018calendar.com
http://publicholidays2018.net/
I JUST BOUGHT THIS NEW SAGEM PHONE MY-S7 AND I HAVE TRYING TO ACTIVATE MY GPRS AS WELL AS MY MMS, DOES ANYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE,WORSE MY MANUAL AND MANUAL CD ARE ALL IN FRENCH SO U CAN SEE I AM IN A FIX, REMEMBER THE PHONE SAGEM MY-S7 NOT MY-X7

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We, Nigerians Should Rally Around President Yar'Adua / Profile Of Dr Garba Abari Newly Appointed DG Of National Orientation Agency(noa) / Breaking: Akeredolu Faces Stiff Conditions To Run Under PDP For Ondo 2020 Electi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.