Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,710 members, 7,889,254 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:54 AM

Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London (2715 Views)

PHOTO: Yoruba Man Advices His Son About Igbo Men / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. / I Am A Thoroughbred Yoruba Man – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by bawomolo(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
jumobi1:

Show me a country where breaking up hasn't helped the country that broke off and i'll show u a country it has helped.

so you basically want to make a risky gamble?
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2009
. . . . . . .but come to think of it, who is forcing Igbos to stay in this Nigeria sef? obviously not the Yorubas.

If you want to go, then go jor! . , . . . . . spare us this gra gra moves all over N/L
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Poster, that conversation seems carefully put together.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2009

Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London
« #33 on: Today at 02:05:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . . . . .but come to think of it, who is forcing Igbos to stay in this Nigeria sef? obviously not the Yorubas.

If you want to go, then go jor! . , . . . . . spare us this gra gra moves all over N/L

sure u right

wonder the reason the deliberate divid the deltas and the east lipsrsealed

talk gra gra nonesense
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Eziachi: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2009
frag:

@Eziachi
An average Igbo man seem to believe breaking up the country is the only solution to their problems which is fair enough cause he/she knows no better. We all know the problem we face but some think breaking up is the only solution. As i said,its fair enough. Go if you will provided you leave us in peace.

Don't be in a rush, wait for the second part of that conversation coming soon before you make your conclusion, it will be daft to believe that every single Igbo man supports Biafra, majority doesn't mean everybody.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by AloyEmeka8: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2009
Its a pity that people like frag or is it gay will continue to see igbos as irredentist no matter what you say. Tribalism is one disease that eludes therapy and blinds you till you die.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2009
Aloy_Emeka:

Its a pity that people like frag or is it gay will continue to see igbos as irredentist no matter what you say. Tribalism is one disease that eludes therapy and blinds you till you die.
Thanks Emeka
Everybody has a right to their opinions,thats one thing you can not take away. On here,pple are suppose to relate intellectually.Put your point across and i will do the same. One thing you can be sure to find here is different opinions. I said what i said because of most threads i have read and my experience with Igbos generally.If you think otherwise then just prove me wrong. For your information,average doesnt mean everyone. Am sorry if it didnt go down well with you but you need to develop tolerance for other pple's opinions.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
Eziachi:

Don't be in a rush, wait for the second part of that conversation coming soon before you make your conclusion, it will be daft to believe that every single Igbo man supports Biafra, majority doesn't mean everybody.

Do you believe everything you say?
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2009
jumobi1:

Show me a country where breaking up hasn't helped the country that broke off and i'll show u a country it has helped.

The smartest observation so far on this thread!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2009
jumobi1:

Bosnia, Serbia, Zaire (Congo), Chechnia, etc. grin
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2009
The conversations were planned, set up to draw comments from members. the comments will then be given a tribal connotation to cause more hatred.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Ukraine, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Taiwan, and much much more.
These countries are far more stable than their previous unions.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 12:06am On Aug 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Ukraine, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Taiwan, and much much more.
These countries are far more stable than their previous unions.

The grass will always look greener on the other side, Nigeria is bad, it will better with time. I was born into Nigeria for a reason, better not ask God why, my focus on the goal post and less of wishing has gotten me where I am today.

People always wish for things to get better immediately without working for it (the quick fix)

People always want to ignore the problem before them and focus on the distant ones (misplaced priorities)

People always choose who they want to blame, excluding the real cause of the problem (transfered agression)

People always love to ignore the mistakes of the past, instead trying to repeat them again (short memory)

The only lesson history has taught us is that the past will always repeat itself, ALWAYS!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2009
invisible!:

The grass will always look greener on the other side, Nigeria is bad, it will better with time. I was born into Nigeria for a reason, better not ask God why, my focus on the goal post and less of wishing has gotten me where I am today.

People always wish for things to get better immediately without working for it (the quick fix)

People always want to ignore the problem before them and focus on the distant ones (misplaced priorities)

People always choose who they want to blame, excluding the real cause of the problem (transfered agression)

People always love to ignore the mistakes of the past, instead trying to repeat them again (short memory)

The only lesson history has taught us is that the past will always repeat itself, ALWAYS!

I wonder how much time you need. Another 50 years?
India and Israel became independent in 1948. By 1988 (after 40 years) both countries have been producing their own space rockets and other high tech equipments. In 2009 (nearly 50 years after independence) Nigeria can't even generate beyond 2000 Megawatts for a population of 140 million people. Nobody even talks of high tech equipments, lets talk of low tech ones! We cannot produce any. All we do is sell oil (which are extracted by foreign companies) and then export it. We can't even refine it again, something Biafra did under war conditions. Something Nigeria used to do. We then[b] import EVERYTHING ELSE including petrol![/b] Nigeria can't even provide security, something a simple local police do efficiently elsewhere. I have decided to respond to you because I've seen you are determined to deceive people here. Nobody is transferring anything anywhere. Show me ONE THING that works in Nigeria and I will show you 20 that doesn't work; things that will NEVER work because people are busy lying to themselves and other people.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ezeagu(m): 12:23am On Aug 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

I wonder how much time you need. Another 50 years?
India and Israel became independent in 1948. By 1988 (after 40 years) both countries have been producing their own space rockets and other high tech equipments. In 2009 (nearly 50 years after independence) Nigeria can't even generate beyond 2000 Megawatts for a population of 140 million people. Nobody even talks of high tech equipments, lets talk of low tech ones! We cannot produce any. All we do is sell oil (which are extracted by foreign companies) and then export it. We can't even refine it again, something Biafra did under war conditions. Something Nigeria used to do. We then import EVERYTHING ELSE including petrol! Nigeria can't even provide security, something a simple local police do efficiently elsewhere. I have decided to respond to you because I've seen you are determined to deceive people here. Nobody is transferring anything anywhere. Show me ONE THING that works in Nigeria and I will show you 20 that doesn't work; things that will NEVER work because people are busy lying to themselves and other people. 

How would Biafra tackle the issue of corruption? (serious question, no hidden agenda)
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ChinenyeN(m): 12:32am On Aug 05, 2009
ezeagu:

How would Biafra tackle the issue of corruption? (serious question, no hidden agenda)
devolution of authority, and some level of regional autonomy.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2009
ezeagu:

Certainly not the way Nigeria has been tackling it. This is how Nigeria tackles it: Party affiliation (PDP must rule for 60 years, thieves are used for election rigging), sacred cows (which ensure Ribadu got kicked out and was humiliated), Sectional supremacy (which ensures that some of the biggest thieves are out of jail). One thing that I know is that the Igboman's sense of outrage will never allow such grand theft to happen in Igboland. Some of the thieving Governors we have now were never voted by us and were imposed. Even upon that, I can tell you that Enugu, Anambra and Imo (60% of Igbo governors) are doing well. Just allow us first to elect our leader, then watch! I really challenge this to happen. So for now, all I can tell you is that Igbo have a strong sense of right and wrong, plus that we have a republican population that is not led by the nose. A population that will challenge corruption if the thief is not enjoying Federal protection. I took time to explain this (and I'm by no means exhaustive) because some Igbo truly feel like you do.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 12:41am On Aug 05, 2009
ChinenyeN:

devolution of authority, and some level of regional autonomy.

Yes! That is really the gist of it. Let me see how a thief can go to his village after stealing. I remember how some Igbo politicians were nearly attacked by an angry mob during the Igbo day celebration some few years back. Without Federal protection, I dare anyone to try stealing our money!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 12:43am On Aug 05, 2009
Magnify that with if the funds are only sourced locally and not from some Federal allocation. Then let us see the day any human will get away with such theft in Igboland!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Eziachi: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2009
invisible!:

Bosnia, Serbia, Zaire (Congo), Chechnia, etc. grin

Sometimes I wonder where you reasons from, your brain or your backside.

Who did Zaire (Congo) separate from to be using them as an example? In fact it's the opposite.

How did Bosnia not to have benefited from separation? They are now free from Serbia oppression, freedom of worship and working hard toward the goal of European union membership.

Chechynia and Gushetia are suffering because the Russian are holding them hostage just like Nigeria is doing to the Biafra. So how can you mention them as an example instead being an example of when people are resude their right of self determination?
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Certainly not the way Nigeria has been tackling it. This is how Nigeria tackles it: Party affiliation (PDP must rule for 60 years, thieves are used for election rigging), sacred cows (which ensure Ribadu got kicked out and was humiliated), Sectional supremacy (which ensures that some of the biggest thieves are out of jail). One thing that I know is that the Igboman's sense of outrage will never allow such grand theft to happen in Igboland. Some of the thieving Governors we have now were never voted by us and were imposed. Even upon that, I can tell you that Enugu, Anambra and Imo (60% of Igbo governors) are doing well. Just allow us first to elect our leader, then watch! I really challenge this to happen. So for now, all I can tell you is that Igbo have a strong sense of right and wrong, plus that we have a republican population that is not led by the nose. A population that will challenge corruption if the thief is not enjoying Federal protection. I took time to explain this (and I'm by no means exhaustive) because some Igbo truly feel like you do.

An American friend of mine told me that our problem is not a lack of knowledge of what the problems are, but after giving eloquent speeches and making good plans like the one above, none will be implimented. It will be the Igboman's sense of outrage vs the Igboman's overbearing greed. And dont pretend to me that the Igbman has a stronger sense of right and wrong that any other joe out there on the streets.

That republican population that cannot be led by the nose will be our major undoing, that 'Igbo enwe eze' attitude will always breed a bitter followership. A population that will challenge corruption? You think Biafra will not have a federal arrangement that will ensure protection for the leaders, no matter how corrupt they are?

We can talk from here to Jerusalem and still arrive at no conclusions because  "IHE N' ESI NWA MKPI ISI DI YA N' OBARA"
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Yes! That is really the gist of it. Let me see how a thief can go to his village after stealing. I remember how some Igbo politicians were nearly attacked by an angry mob during the Igbo day celebration some few years back. Without Federal protection, I dare anyone to try stealing our money!

Hello! do you live in this world grin grin grin

Chimaroke came back from Abuja for CC Onoh's condolence visit and over a thousand okada riders accompanied him to his village! Of course they will be settled for their fuel money plus light refreshment.

His villagers will continue to dance his tunes provided he is still in cash, ONYE KPU IGU KA EWU N' ESO grin grin grin
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Eziachi: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2009
ezeagu:

By going back to basics. Going back to what our anccestors taught us about stealing, which we lost inside a very crowded Nigeria. In Igboland, every town has build at least self help Roads, Hospitals, Schools by levying themselves through the town union or the age group societies and these money is always given to some people for safe keeping and manage it for the community.
How many times have you heard about this money missing? And if it does, will that person and his family live to tell the story in that same town?
Then ask yourself why it becomes different when it come to govt money or Nigerian money?

Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Ijo (Ijaw), Igbo etc, all has strong cultural heritage that could have taken care of this issues but we all left them behind because Nigeria represents a no man's land. Do you notice how Nigerians are well behaved at foreign airports and then watch the same people once they touched down at Lagos?

OME NA ANI will tackle corruption inside Biafra.
Nigeria don't have OME NA ANI because it has no root but a creation of a white man so people make their own and it called Nigerian way.

And how many of those ruling today from north to south a chosen by their people. Awolowo, Okpara and Saduana did wonder in their region because they are the choice of their people and they supported by their cultural heritage. Everything turned on his head with one Nigeria without any sort of cultural identity to look up to.
In Igboland it's called NSO ANI- How do I explain NSO ANI to an Hausa man?Igbo Enwe eze attitude did our ancestors wonders, because no one will take his people for granted and everybody has a say and it's called IGWE BU IKE.

I have heard people saying: what if this and what if that? How are you sure it not going the same as with Nigeria and the same politicians?
Life base on progressive doen't rely on what ifs. If people are thinking of men killed in war, no one will ever join the army. Because what if, if he is killed too? If you base your life on what if because of a business failed, no one will ever restart a new business when the first had failed.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
Eziachi:

By going back to basics. Going back to what our anccestors taught us about stealing, which we lost inside a very crowded Nigeria. In Igboland, every town has build at least self help Roads, Hospitals, Schools by levying themselves through the town union or the age group societies and these money is always given to some people for safe keeping and manage it for the community.
How many times have you heard about this money missing? And if it does, will that person and his family live to tell the story in that same town?
Then ask yourself why it becomes different when it come to govt money or Nigerian money?

Hausa, Yoruba, Nupe, Ijo (Ijaw), Igbo etc, all has strong cultural heritage that could have taken care of this issues but we all left them behind because Nigeria represents a no man's land. Do you notice how Nigerians are well behaved at foreign airports and then watch the same people once they touched down at Lagos?

Nigeria don't have OME NA ANI because it has no root but a creation of a white man so people make their own and it called Nigerian way.

And how many of those ruling today from north to south a chosen by their people. Awolowo, Okpara and Saduana did wonder in their region because they are the choice of their people and they supported by their cultural heritage. Everything turned on his head with one Nigeria without any sort of cultural identity to look up to.
In Igboland it's called NSO ANI- How do I explain NSO ANI to an Hausa man?Igbo Enwe eze attitude did our ancestors wonders, because no one will take his people for granted and everybody has a say and it's called IGWE BU IKE.

I have heard people saying: what if this and what if that? How are you sure it not going the same as with Nigeria and the same politicians?
Life base on progressive doen't rely on what ifs. If people are thinking of men killed in war, no one will ever join the army. Because what if, if he is killed too? If you base your life on what if because of a business failed, no one will ever restart a new business when the first had failed.

Articles like this make me wonder if we really know what we are asking for. By returning to our OMENANI and taking crimes seriously only by calling it NSO-ANI is all you think will solve our corruption. A return to the basics you said? Like tying loin clothes on the men and the ladies will be walking bare chested with their "wetin-call" dangling around for awon guys to "evaluate" the turgidity grin grin

Next thing you will say is that people will stop drinking beer and start drinking palm wine in a calabash cup!

c'mon on, the world has since moved on and crimes are more sophisticated than the OMENANI days. A society where kids watch porn on their laptops and phones and you are talking of NSO-ANI?

Now I will start to hear that Biafra will solve all problems, and even fry my eggs in the morning.

WE CANNOT WISH AWAY CORRUPTION, IT'S IN THE AIR WE BREATHE AND ONLY GOD CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR US, EVEN HERE, EVEN NOW.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by invisible2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
Eziachi:

I don know when last you visited Nigeria after reading the bolded part. I arrested my town union chairman last xmas for embezling the money I donated for building our umunna town hall and the issue quickly degenerated into a family vs family scuffle. In the end my traditional ruler invited both of us and tried to settle the problem. Less than 10% of the work was done and I gave the money that was sopposed to finish that hall. The man is walking free today, even threatening me to come back again and face more fights. Town union my foot!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by okunoba(m): 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
y do we let ethnic bigotry cloud our reasoning. Corruption is known to be the major problem facing Black Africa, regardless of if u are Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa or Ijaw. Eritrea separated from Ethiopia, Pakistan from India but did it make the life of your average Eritrean or Pakistany better? Look at the documentary on the partition of India and Pakistan and u will get an insight into the pain and suffering it brought to the people, today must QS the rational behind it.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2009
okunoba:

y do we let ethnic bigotry cloud our reasoning. Corruption is known to be the major problem facing Black Africa, regardless of if u are Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa or Ijaw. Eritrea separated from Ethiopia, Pakistan from India but did it make the life of your average Eritrean or Pakistany better? Look at the documentary on the partition of India and Pakistan and u will get an insight into the pain and suffering it brought to the people, today must QS the rational behind it.

God bless you bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Are The Real Lagosians / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / A Comparison Of Buhari's 'violations' In Nigeria's Political History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.