Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,676 members, 7,889,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:55 AM

Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London (2714 Views)

PHOTO: Yoruba Man Advices His Son About Igbo Men / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. / I Am A Thoroughbred Yoruba Man – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Eziachi: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
Emeka: Omo how things? I haven’t seen you for weeks. Are you well?

Bolaji: Nna, I dey kampe but I went to Naija! my first visit in 13 years.

Emeka: 13 good years, why do you leave so long?

Bolaji: British paper thing my brother. I paid an Ijebu woman to make my papers and she chop my money and threatened me with immigration, so na Jamaica women I met for work help me in the end and it cost me a lot of money.

Emeka: Well, we learn from our bad experiences in life, isn’t it? So how is Naija then?

Bolaji: Same story, no water, no electricity and no nothing, I spent all my money for generator diesel my father bought before I left for England, can you believe that? But the politicians are doing ok, it seems the only thriving industry in Naija is politics and all my mates are now honourable members.

Emeka: When are you going again?

Bolaji: I never survive the one I just returned but it go be better in Jesus name. Amen

Emeka: No! it’s not going to be better even in Jehovah’s name, with same system, the same culture and the same elite running the show.

Bolaji: So what is the solution, if not to pray and hope?

Emeka: I am not a pastor but bible said that faith or prayers without work is meaningless, so if you keep solving a problem and coming to the same result, you have to look for an alternative.

Bolaji: I hope it’s not Biafra again!!

Emeka: Biafra is one viable option, there is the other option that our fathers signed up in 1960 for regional autonomy, there is the confederation option. 100% resources control option is also worth looking at with political decisions made in Kaduna, Ibadan, Enugu, Calabar and Kaduna and not Abuja.

Bolaji: I don’t want Nigeria to divide sha!

Emeka: Divide is a big word, even as a Biafra enthusiast I am not calling for division of Nigeria but what we are saying is that Nigeria is a marriage of many nations and if any of those nations wants a divorce, then they can go and let others that still love the marriage remain and carry on. We are not asking you to follows us and also we are also don’t want you stopping us just because you love what we dislike.

Bolaji: What about Niger Delta?

Emeka: What about them?

Bolaji: They will never follow you guys for this Biafra. Never!

Emeka: I don’t know what you mean by never or following. Like I said, if they choose to remain in Nigeria that is their choice, even Igbo people in the present South South structure like the Ikwerres, Asaba, Obiaruku, if they chose to remain within Nigeria that is their choice too. Just like southern Cameroon chose to be in Nigeria but later left and join their brothers.

Bolaji: Whatever you say, we no go allow it.

Emeka: Well it’s not up to you to decide or allow it.

Bolaji: Biafra is landlocked

Emeka: I am not sure about being landlocked but ones geography or topography doesn’t determine its nationhood, Botswana is also land locked but they are not far behind South Africa in economic development and mind you Somalia is full of waters, I don’t think you will like to immigrate there soon?

Bolaji: Why do you people always want a country of your own, even when your people are ministers and stuff now for Naija.

Emeka: We have tried to make Nigeria work but we have long realised that Nigeria was designed to fail from birth. We honestly believe that all the nations that make up Nigeria will do better independently than being in one basket fighting each other. As for our elite, well ,personal wellbeing of few do not determine the general welfare and aspiration of many.

Bolaji: You people always want Biafra but you’re all over Lagos doing business and other places too and building houses too. That is double standard.

Emeka: Good point but I don’t see any double standard. When our founding fathers were fighting the British for independent, many of them still were sending their own kids to live in England. Nobody called that double standard then. Also me and you, if the Brits go by your standard, they should tell us to go home because we asked for independence and got it, so what are we doing in their country?

Bolaji: So you are ready to lose all your stuff in Lagos for instance just for Biafra? I know your papa get house for Ikeja.

Emeka: Why should we lose our property because we are no longer Nigerian nationals? Are saying that you are not going to buy a house in London just because you are a Nigerian?

Bolaji: It’s not the same

Emeka: So what is the different? There is Igbos in Cameroon who own houses. Even if that is to happen, we will cross that bridge when we get there, after all its not the first time.

Bolaji: How about the fact that you people are not united?

Emeka: United? So who exaclty is united? you mean the sort of unity between you and the Ijebu woman. I think that is just typical Nigerian stereotype. Even if that is the case, I don't think the British gave Nigeria independent based on their unity or South African defeated Aparthide system because are very united.

Bolaji: We will continue this next time, got to rush!

Emeka: Thanks, definitely, its better to jaw jaw than to war war.

Bolaji: Exactly. Bye
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
Good good

I like the way Bolaji came across as the typical ogbomosho/Adedibu offspring

and the Way

Emeka came across as the very well educated theorist cool
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by blacksta(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
Dis Guy:

Good good

I like the way Bolaji came across as the typical ogbomosho/Adedibu offspring

and the Way

Emeka came across as the very well educated theorist cool

I think u r wrong - I actually thought bolaji had more sense than Emeka
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2009
^^^^^ some people are truly slowpoke

what sense

are we readin the same stuff

nawooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by shotster50(m): 12:10am On Aug 04, 2009
@ Poster thats a very thought provoking way of looking at these issues.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ChinenyeN(m): 12:41am On Aug 04, 2009
Both Bolaji and Emeka are making sense, and I particularly like the place where Emeka reached a compromise with Bolaji, but Bolaji didn't seem to realize that, I believe.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Onlytruth(m): 12:46am On Aug 04, 2009
Truly captures Nigeria AS IS!
You notice that Bolaji still won't stomach a "Biafra" even if only 5 core Igbo states create it, or even if there is no hope in Nigeria. Truly thought provoking!
Its like "I want to stay here and suffer and I won't let you escape!"
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by OgidiBoy(m): 12:50am On Aug 04, 2009
Both sounded very educated, not like some ppl on NL that start calling you names just because the have a different point of view.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by AloyEmeka8: 3:28am On Aug 04, 2009
Only me this tuesday morning?. They accused me of raping a boy here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-305023.0.html and Eziachi saw me in London at the same time. Tell Emeka to meet Become-Egwuofor, he is find a mate in him. grin
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 04, 2009
Now, Both Bolaji and Emeka need Malaria drugs*
tongue
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Sagamite(m): 8:57am On Aug 04, 2009
Moronic made-up story by a tribalist.

Storyland.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2009
what so educated about bolaji

this is just the epitome of stero-type of a oduduwa cohorts

that just it!!!!

note the word United

upon that, he was messed up by united oduduwa lady

the thing oduduwa need to drop the trait in order to see the light

so dividin nigeria means igbo man will give up his house in Lagos haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa; never, keep dreamin

but when asked bolaji what about nigeria that buy house in london,would they give up their house cuz they not british

so oduduwa, i ikeyman aka superman callin on yall over the globe to drop the genetic trait for good

there is absolutely nothing educative about bolaji

bolaji
is simply part of nigeria wahala; tribalistic slowpoke living in whiteman land opps biafara no fit live again ooo for lagos

he is an idot
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by blacksta(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2009
^^^^

now u just confirmed that u r a true slowpoke.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by illusion2: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2009
ikeyman00:

what so educated about bolaji

this is just the epitome of stero-type of a oduduwa cohorts

that just it!!!!

note the word United

upon that, he was messed up by united oduduwa lady

the thing oduduwa need to drop the trait in order to see the light

so dividin nigeria means igbo man will give up his house in Lagos haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa; never, keep dreamin

but when asked bolaji what about nigeria that buy house in london,would they give up their house cuz they not british

so oduduwa, i ikeyman aka superman callin on yall over the globe to drop the genetic trait for good

there is absolutely nothing educative about bolaji

bolaji
is simply part of nigeria wahala; tribalistic slowpoke living in whiteman land opps biafara no fit live again ooo for lagos

he is an idot
Here they go again. . . .  . . . . if your myopic vituperations could achieve anything ,you probably would have become the president of the newly independent nation of Biafra by now,obviously it has very little effect,except get someone else to jump to the other tribes defence and malign the igbos again & then you respond and then they reply & on & on it goes. You don't seem to learn very much do you.

Simple solution _ since you CAN NEVER win the blame game as long as other people have access to the internet,proffer solutions and stick to issues NOT name calling.

lets hope you'll change though i seriously doubt it    sad sad
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2009
until some section let go the trait ^^^

then u would be able to respect who saved ur life

till then the trait has its way

peace

its your choice!
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2009
^^^^
blacksta
now u just confirmed that u r a  true slowpoke.

dnt bother, i ve aready know u are

take it back, and try again

oh i forget, u are trully a fool as well
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by jumobi1(m): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2009
Listen ikeyman00. There is a better way to dialogue. Nigerians would never get along or peacefully separate if we show animosity towards each other.

Emeka honestly sounded more educated and it seems biased. I have Yoruba friends that support Biafra cos they also believe everyone has the right to a divorce. And our Igbo politicians don't all seem to be trying to help Nigeria. Overall I get the gist sha.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2009
@Eziachi
An average Igbo man seem to believe breaking up the country is the only solution to their problems which is fair enough cause he/she knows no better. We all know the problem we face but some think breaking up is the only solution. As i said,its fair enough. Go if you will provided you leave us in peace.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2009
A well educated person wouldn't call everyone fools or slowpoke just only cos they have a different opinion to theirs.
Name calling changes nothing. If you have a better arguement let it out and let us be the judge of who is really the fool/slowpoke.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by jumobi1(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2009
frag:

@Eziachi
An average Igbo man seem to believe breaking up the country is the only solution to their problems which is fair enough cause he/she knows no better. We all know the problem we face but some think breaking up is the only solution. As i said,its fair enough. Go if you will provided you leave us in peace.

Do you honestly think Nigieria has treated the Igbo's fairly? It is getting better but don't act like we don't know any better because some of us want out of Nigeria. I also agree that breaking up might not solve the Igbo's problem but I seriously doubt it can get any worse.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by blacksta(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2009
frag:

A well educated person wouldn't call everyone fools or slowpoke just only cos they have a different opinion to theirs.
Name calling changes nothing. If you have a better arguement let it out and let us be the judge of who is really the fool/slowpoke.

Tell that goat called Ikeywoman - Always suffering from limited knowledge issues.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2009
Everyone in Nigeria faces the same problem- corrupt politicians. If the Igbos wants to go they need to find the most peaceful way to do it. We all know breaking up can never be a good solution but if they cant see it then they are free to leave peacefully. There are as much thieving politicians in iboland as there are in the Yoruba land. The problem is not the guy on nairaland with different opinion to yours but the politicians. Corruption,as you and i know is the reason why things hasn't worked and- in my opinion-it is wrong to continuously believe that breaking up will solve these problems.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by DisGuy: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2009
blacksta:

I think u r wrong - I actually thought bolaji had more sense than Emeka

what i meant exactly!

Bolaji sound like the dude on ground

Emeka sounds like the dude on his PC battering away at the keyboard-theories of nigeria from Obodo Oyinbo
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by jumobi1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2009
frag:

Everyone in Nigeria faces the same problem- corrupt politicians. If the Igbos wants to go they need to find the most peaceful way to do it. We all know breaking up can never be a good solution but if they cant see it then they are free to leave peacefully. There are as much thieving politicians in iboland as there are in the Yoruba land. The problem is not the guy on nairaland with different opinion to yours but the politicians. Corruption,as you and i know is the reason why things hasn't worked and- in my opinion-it is wrong to continuously believe that breaking up will solve these problems.

Show me a country where breaking up hasn't helped the country that broke off and i'll show u a country it has helped.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2009
ha grin

to all of the above
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by chukxy44(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^
blacksta
now u just confirmed that u r a true slowpoke.

dnt bother, i ve aready know u are

take it back, and try again

oh i forget, u are trully a fool as well
Sagamite:

Moronic made-up story by a tribalist.

Storyland.

Guys like both of you are begining to make nairaland boring, pls. stop the cursing, insult and abuses that has suddenly become a part of even the highly rated political section, this section use to be a meeting place for highly educated and respected people but i can hardly differentiate between wat we have here and the joke section. do pls. respect other peoples comments and opions.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Chiddysville(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2009
What an insightful and thought provoking story. But the fact remains that despite all our short comings, the atrocious acts and betrayals, we are and still remains each other's strength. I know majority of my brothers from the Eastern part still feels the pain of betrayal, rejection and non integration after the pogrom and the subsequent civil war. I know how it feels to see one's brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, even unborn children eliminated or killed in cold blood on what they know nothing about. All because of actions of some Nigerian soldiers who thought a new order was needed for their society but was rather given ethnic colouration by vampires and opportunists in order to shed innocent blood and sustain their hold on power. I know how it feels after the war, instead of being integrated back, your properties and finances were taken away and out of the blue the indigenenisation policy was crafted to scheme you out of things, to weaken you more in the new polity. This was all done by your brothers who were at the same time shouting 'no victor no vanquished'. I know it pains more to see and hear your brother's and neighbours instead of looking each other in the eyes and saying sorry, trying in futility to justify all these devilish and atrocious acts. I know how it feels to feel rejected in your own country and at the same time not allowed to have your own nation where your dreams and aspirations of a truly united entity can come true. It truly hurts, but we cannot continue to feel bitter. This is the time to forgive and Let go. It is better for us to build bridges, let our fellow brothers who doesn't know how it feels to be rejected and a limitation placed in your homeland or who have not experienced the pains of genocide to see the folly of not renegotiating this entity called Nigeria. If we must live together, let us make the best out of it, if we must part, let us all go in peace to achieve our numerous goals and aspirations. Peace
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by Chiddysville(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2009
What an insightful and thought provoking story. But the fact remains that despite all our short comings, the atrocious acts and betrayals, we are and still remains each other's strength. I know majority of my brothers from the Eastern part still feels the pain of betrayal, rejection and non integration after the pogrom and the subsequent civil war. I know how it feels to see one's brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, even unborn children eliminated or killed in cold blood on what they know nothing about. All because of actions of some Nigerian soldiers who thought a new order was needed for their society but was rather given ethnic colouration by vampires and opportunists in order to shed innocent blood and sustain their hold on power. I know how it feels after the war, instead of being integrated back, your properties and finances were taken away and out of the blue the indigenenisation policy was crafted to scheme you out of things, to weaken you more in the new polity. This was all done by your brothers who were at the same time shouting 'no victor no vanquished'. I know it pains more to see and hear your brother's and neighbours instead of looking each other in the eyes and saying sorry, trying in futility to justify all these devilish and atrocious acts. I know how it feels to feel rejected in your own country and at the same time not allowed to have your own nation where your dreams and aspirations of a truly united entity can come true. It truly hurts, but we cannot continue to feel bitter. This is the time to forgive and Let go. It is better for us to build bridges, let our fellow brothers who doesn't know how it feels to be rejected and a limitation placed in your homeland or who have not experienced the pains of genocide to see the folly of not renegotiating this entity called Nigeria. If we must live together, let us make the best out of it, if we must part, let us all go in peace to achieve our numerous goals and aspirations. Peace
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by GEW: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2009
eziachi international,

dis your story get as e be
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ikeyman00(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2009
Guys like both of you are begining to make nairaland boring, pls. stop the cursing, insult and abuses that has suddenly become a part of even the highly rated political section, this section use to be a meeting place for highly educated and respected people but i can hardly differentiate between wat we have here and the joke section. do pls. respect other peoples comments and opions.

chukss

u see when G W Bush lable u acess of evil; what might be the say?

somehow u are right, but not makin any contribution on the issue can only reflected on the limited know how

which i think itsnt right

like u said welcome to political section, not joke or toto section

god bless u sir
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by ChinenyeN(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
frag:

@Eziachi
[b]An average Igbo man seem to believe breaking up the country is the only solution to their problems which is fair enough cause he/she knows no better. [/b]We all know the problem we face but some think breaking up is the only solution. As i said,its fair enough. Go if you will provided you leave us in peace.
That is not entirely true.
Re: Converstaion Of A Yoruba Man & Igbo Man In London by frag(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2009
jumobi1:

Show me a country where breaking up hasn't helped the country that broke off and i'll show u a country it has helped.

@Jumobi1
If you run from a problem,you will end up being a running man all you life.  I know a couple of pple from different ethnic groups throughout the country and i know the threat and problems we face are the same. Corruption,unemployement and many more. The Igbos has been marginalized and so has others.This is not to glorify marginalization against the Igbos or any ethnic group cos it is right for all of us to be treated justly and fairly. I wouldnt say that because the Niger-deltans have been unjustly treated they should go their way,i fully support their struggle and also believe that their struggle should start from their states because just like we have bad politicians at the federal level we have so much more at the state and local government levels. Marginalisaton is not the reason why your state governors are mismanaging your funds or is it?
So please quit this talk about breaking up and lets face these thieving politicians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Are The Real Lagosians / NECO Suspends SSS Exams In Edo State / I Never Investigated Patience Jonathan---------ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.