Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,403 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. (61025 Views)

One Main Reason Why Many Will Remain Single For A Very Long Time. / Here Is Why Tuareg Ladies Remain Top Feminists In The World! / Guys Are The Major Reason Most Ladies Are Still Single- Emusmith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by kennyjodeci(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2016
My ex who supported me when I was in Nigeria is no longer with me because of long distance relationship shiti, now I'm a bit successful and I always have this feeling that any gurl around me is a goal digger...don't know why Lol, wish my ex could come back buh she just can't...she s married
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2016
I don't think comfort or fulfilment is an excuse. undecided
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by layla129(f): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
ImDharay:

alryy den, nyc excuse!

Not true
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Blessograo(f): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
personally i don't care if my man doesn't have too much money to take care of me but it should start bothering me if he doesn't even try to get a job with a better pay and a man earning 40k is not enough to take care of me or himself cos 40k is close to nothing. when you spend the money 4 times then what is left for you? Loving a man is not a problem for any lady but the problem is if they can entrust their lives and stomach or even give up all they have for the man. another problem is not the money but some ladies are scared of a man breaking their heart or scared of hurting the man's feelings cos some men just never forgive and they tend to remind you of your past misdeeds, cos in most cases i think of my man first before i do anything and with time its seems like you doing something for someone at the expense of your happiness. They the funny thing is every man wants to marry a virgin and how many virgins are out there?

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by LolarDun: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Some guys calling girls gold-diggers. How many of u would be happy if ur sister brings a poor man home after sending her to school and spending so much on her. It only takes d grace of God to accept it. I'm not dependent on a man's income cos I earn mine too but to get married, he has to have a gud source of income. Can't let my kids go through the same stress I went through growing up. As a matter of fact, Some guys too are just too Aimless n Visionless. All IMO :DSome guys calling girls gold-diggers. How many of u would be happy if ur sister brings a poor man home after sending her to school and spending so much on her. It only takes d grace of God to accept it. I'm not dependent on a man's income cos I earn mine too but to get married, he has to have a gud source of income. Can't let my kids go through the same stress I went through growing up. As a matter of fact, Some guys too are just too Aimless n Visionless. All IMO
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by tomdon(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheProphetess:

If women want to make their own money complain
If women want to take the money of her husband complain

She wants to make her own money so she won't have to depend on her husband. What is wrong in that? She did not say it is a certificate.

nobody is complaining that she wants to make her own money, but she said she wants to make a point to the men by not being dependent. who gives a damn
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Florblu:
And you actually made sense
It's not our fault
We want comfort and fulfillment
U better change ur name 2 comfort grin
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by midehi2(f): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
SerialGist:

Is there anything like 'love' in Nigerian context?
if its not in yours, its in mine
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by midehi2(f): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bartork:

Tell me there's nothing beneath the smile
there's nothing, are you ok now grin
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DharmyYinks: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
Temihatz:

1000 likes for U
grin grin

Tanchu!

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DharmyYinks: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
TessaJ:
lol....very funny but dats just d truth.
Am glad u agree with my points smiley
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Norajones(f): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
Avalon316:

Hushhhh. You need to realize that in this world of ours, you also need to be compatible financially. There are lots of girls who work and can actually contribute financially to the Union unlike some girls like you that would rather sit and wait for men to " make women want them". Any reasonable man would prefer to marry such a girl than marry you that won't contribute any but want "love,attention and care".

Wake up,this is 2016. You sef try to make men want you. The pv$$y u get,those hard working girls have it.
yea and yea. Pvssy is elastic. Those successful do u know how many men dey gotta slp wit to get to where are? And why are men afraid of successful and independent women? Guess u knw d answer to dat. Ask d likes of Rita dominic,genevieve nnaji etc.. They have it all buh why are they still single? Hmmm its a world of men.I will contribute immensely to my family and d society @ large.why do u think I'm in schl? To put my certificate under box after 5years and spending such amount of money annually for education. Noooo broda I get it. Men kip complaining dat women love to depend and they also complain that women become arrogant wen dey are independent. Wetin we go do naw? Most men these day can't just help a lady without asking for something in return..if only d said pvssy was like a paper hole,we for know how far, buh its elastic and dats why most women who would cry abt what u said will fvck their way to d top to b independent..buh big girls don't cry.Ask Fergie

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Slapsticker:

your father would be proud of you.

And to the OP, would you want your daughter to marry a man earning 40k a month?
If no man available is earning N1 million so your daughter would rather remain single for life?
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by askakim(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
@sben2308.. I wont advise a guy to marry with 40k salary because of the future. As times go on, you will start thinking of feeding three mouths and other bills start coming up.. I think 80k is okay for a start if you wonna marry.. Transport fair in gidi is killing too
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by sben2308(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
askakim:
@sben2308.. I wont advise a guy to marry with 40k salary because of the future. As times go on, you will start thinking of feeding three mouths and other bills start coming up.. I think 80k is okay for a start if you wonna marry.. Transport fair in gidi is killing too

All I know is dis plan truth a man who can't manage 40k can't manage 1m or more .Just saying dat I knw bills will come up but if he is responsible n he n his woman r as one they can climb any mountain .This am so sure of.....
Transport for that on as y cuz if a man is happy at home wat outsider say doesn't count nor matter.Av seen someone manage 50 from ojota to IGBOGBO in ikd wen coming bak from work instead of 200 .Just saying

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by gamaliel121(m): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Xiadnat:
That's right! I am still single because I have high expectations. Not for the man though, but for myself.

I once dated (and engaged) to a doctor who earned over 200k with a beach house, and another tri-level home in a wealthy part of city and who could give me the 'world' with just a smile as he put it.

Guess what? I decided I rather struggle and become my own "doctor". Instead of wearing a t-shirt that says "I married a doctor", I decided to wear "I am a doctor". Damnit.

Now, If I saw a future with him, maybe that would be a different case. But, I did not. But, anyway, I am a girl of different breed--more like the masculine side of me. I did not want to marry until i had something to offer or contribute or at least feel financially and (satisfactorily) ready.

However, it is a different story tho in many parts of the world where women have very little to no other options BUT to seek and marry a wealthy fellow, or at least one with sustainable source of income.

Babe will u marry me?
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Toks2008(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
kennyjodeci:
My ex who supported me when I was in Nigeria is no longer with me because of long distance relationship shiti, now I'm a bit successful and I always have this feeling that any gurl around me is a goal digger...don't know why Lol, wish my ex could come back buh she just can't...she s married

I guess its a guy's code

Guys seldom forgets a lady that stood by him in times of lack even when she gave him nothing but just there to encourage him and manage the 1kobo the guy has.

The mistake many ladies make is that they always want the guy to remain "sexually faithful to them" when he eventually becomes financially ok.

The truth is that being there for a guy in his downtime does not mean he won't have other side chicks(If he wants to) but the truth is that he will never ever ever forget think about dumping you(in most cases) but unfortunately many ladies don't look at it from this angle and once they see the guy dating another chic,they begin to sing a funny song of the guy being unfaithful and some even leave the guy and i just smh.

Guys are wise...they will hardly leave a guy who was there for them all through..even 2-baba and the rest know better.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Toks2008(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
askakim:

But he can screw with 40k per month and have a lady to come spend nights with him with 40k a month..abeg park one side..

It is the ladies i blame for their foolishness allowing a man who they say is not ready for marriage to screw them front and back...A man who is not ready should not redi

2 Likes

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Toks2008(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
Blessograo:
personally i don't care if my man doesn't have too much money to take care of me but it should start bothering me if he doesn't even try to get a job with a better pay and[b] a man earning 40k is not enough to take care of me or himself cos 40k is close to nothing.[/b] when you spend the money 4 times then what is left for you? Loving a man is not a problem for any lady but the problem is if they can entrust their lives and stomach or even give up all they have for the man. another problem is not the money but some ladies are scared of a man breaking their heart or scared of hurting the man's feelings cos some men just never forgive and they tend to remind you of your past misdeeds, cos in most cases i think of my man first before i do anything and with time its seems like you doing something for someone at the expense of your happiness. They the funny thing is every man wants to marry a virgin and how many virgins are out there?

Im amazed you left that part out where i also wrote about a lady bringing her own quota to the table.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by ImDharay: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
layla129:

Not true
huh, i hear u...
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by DanielGb(m): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
midehi2:
sharaaaap
It pains you. Pele. but thats the truth. and by the way, why are you aggressive?
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Jadekitana(f): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ask jade ke grin
Slapsticker:

this piece was penned on the assumption that when a man is made, a woman can't offer nothing. I think that's a fallacious assumption. Give it a thought again. not alll ladies are broke dependent parasites.

Talking about Tuface and Annie, I think that's a wrong example to grace your point. If Annie had something to offer she wouldn't marry a guy who has fathered many nations. ask dj cuppy if she would wish to marry a guy with baby mamas. dj cuppy could be a way intangible. Let's ask jadekitana.

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Slapsticker: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jadekitana:
Ask jade ke grin

judging from your comments on phyno, you appreciate the fact that he has steered clear of the prevailing baby mama drama.

Hence the mention.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Slapsticker: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Toks2008:

I guess its a guy's code

Guys seldom forgets a lady that stood by him in times of lack even when she gave him nothing but just there to encourage him and manage the 1kobo the guy has.

The mistake many ladies make is that they always want the guy to remain "sexually faithful to them" when he eventually becomes financially ok.

The truth is that being there for a guy in his downtime does not mean he won't have other side chicks(If he wants to) but the truth is that he will never ever ever forget think about dumping you(in most cases) but unfortunately many ladies don't look at it from this angle and once they see the guy dating another chic,they begin to sing a funny song of the guy being unfaithful and some even leave the guy and i just smh.

Guys are wise...they will hardly leave a guy who was there for them all through..even 2-baba and the rest know better.

I know of "the bro code" (there are android apps on that).
guy's code? that doesn't ring a bell

if the tables were turned, would you still stick with her?

will you give such advice to you Lil sis. "don't mind if he screws around having baby mama's. he is still gonna marry you, just hang on"?

prolly I am just myopic. buh, I won't have a daughter so insecure, with a battered self esteem and Lil emotional strength that is gonna settle with some guy that thinks with the third leg just because he gat some dough. naah!

if you ain't doing the guy a favour, don't marry him. and the same goes vice versa.

that's my opinion, and it remains mine.

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Bartork(m): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
midehi2:

there's nothing, are you ok now grin

Naaa
Am not
Still sensing there is
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2016
amokeme:
the bold is wrong. The only future you can secure is the one YOU make for yourself. Because some guys dump the women that struggle with them all in the name of "upgrading"
So ill advise the ladies, work hard and secure that future you dream of for yourself. That is the only thing you are sure of.
Sister, thank yu very much.. 'The only future you can secure is the one you make for yourself.'
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Blessograo(f): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Toks2008:

Im amazed you left that part out where i also wrote about a lady bringing her own quota to the table.
to me i think a lady is to support the man emotionally and help reduce the stress but not the main job of the lady to put food on the table, if he doesn't have at that moment its acceptable but not when he puts food on the table for a whole week and the lady puts food on the table for the next week, that's insane
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
Norajones:
yea and yea. Pvssy is elastic. Those successful do u know how many men dey gotta slp wit to get to where are? And why are men afraid of successful and independent women? Guess u knw d answer to dat. Ask d likes of Rita dominic,genevieve nnaji etc.. They have it all buh why are they still single? Hmmm its a world of men.I will contribute immensely to my family and d society @ large.why do u think I'm in schl? To put my certificate under box after 5years and spending such amount of money annually for education. Noooo broda I get it. Men kip complaining dat women love to depend and they also complain that women become arrogant wen dey are independent. Wetin we go do naw? Most men these day can't just help a lady without asking for something in return..if only d said pvssy was like a paper hole,we for know how far, buh its elastic and dats why most women who would cry abt what u said will fvck their way to d top to b independent..buh big girls don't cry.Ask Fergie

Girl,be wise. Pussy is elastic? Is that what you girls tell yourselves?

Several girls can't keep a guy cos their pv$$y has lost its strength.

Dey there dey talk pv$$y is elastic.
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Norajones(f): 1:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Avalon316:

Girl,be wise. Pussy is elastic? Is that what you girls tell yourselves?

Several girls can't keep a guy cos their pv$$y has lost its strength.

Dey there dey talk pv$$y is elastic.
swthrt,I knw dat, buh that's what most girls thinks. And that's why they misbehave. A lady should also shoulder responsibilities, not leave it all for d man. Woman was made to b submissive to their husbands. Buh d men should not abuse dat for weakness. #genderequality
Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Theophinio(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Ladies nowadays be looking for already made guys. What they don't knw is that most of these guys don't giv a damn bout y'all because if u leave d guy, other ladies will flock in nd if u don't wanna leave, the guy can dump u for anoda chick.

I knw y'all wanna secure ya future by goin after 'already made guys' but the only future u can truly secure is the one u built with the guy while he was a nobody. Ask TuFace nd Annie.

Bring sumtin to the table... mak ursef valuable such that a guy will be scared to lose u nd not some street rat looking for a shelter in a mansion. U'll definitely die of poison grin
Oil d ur head
Thumb up

1 Like

Re: The Major Reason Why Many Ladies Remain Single For A Long Time. by Theophinio(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Slapsticker:

I know of "the bro code" (there are android apps on that).
guy's code? that doesn't ring a bell

if the tables were turned, would you still stick with her?

will you give such advice to you Lil sis. "don't mind if he screws around having baby mama's. he is still gonna marry you, just hang on"?

prolly I am just myopic. buh, I won't have a daughter so insecure, with a battered self esteem and Lil emotional strength that is gonna settle with some guy that thinks with the third leg just because he gat some dough. naah!

if you ain't doing the guy a favour, don't marry him. and the same goes vice versa.

that's my opinion, and it remains mine.
Genius quote
Thumb Up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Is Valentine Always Associated With Sex?? / Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? / Reason Why You Should Have Only One Sexual Partner(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.