Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,195 members, 7,950,139 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

- Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (6461 Views)

Air Mishap Averted On Ilorin-lagos Route / BA Does Not Accept Credit Card Payment From Nigerians? Another Racist Attitude? / Your Experience On Klm To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Yea, I get that they can clone payment cards and buy tickets with them but what do they proceed to do with the tickets?
Correct me if I'm wrong but are these tickets not personalised upon purchase?

ma'am, tickets can be modified.
Just because it's your card does not mean you are the one flying. You could purchase ticket for someone else.

I'd explain the process, but to be on the safe side, I'll let OMO IBO explain it to you.
Excuse me, whats stopping you from explaining if you knew how it happens?
Re: by spikedcylinder: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ok, fine.
So these people buy multiple tickets from the airlines and sell to third parties then? Shouldn't there be a tracking device for this sorta thing from the airlines?
Re: by GEW: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
BA have not taken card payments for like 3yrs now.  if you have  company card ask them to send you indemnity forms for you to sign that you will pay any money used for travels which is fair.

it i sthe small price you pay for having dangerous cousins.

i said it here before on BA throwing out nigerians thread i saw a nigerian buying mTN  cards at exhorbitant price on board just some few minutes to our landing in lagos when the poor woman asked him for smaller denomination you need to see the fuss the idiot was making as if  someone was hurting him.

we have learnt to take what dont belong to us they have learnt to protect their buiness nothing spoil as my sister would say
spikedcylinder:

Ok, fine.
So these people buy multiple tickets from the airlines and sell to third parties then? Shouldn't there be a tracking device for this sorta thing from the airlines?

how do you track fake/ cloned cards and adresses? most of these idiots buy a ticket and travel before the transaction bounces.

banking in this part of the world is mainly done on trust. until say the last ten years i can easily issue you a check of say £1000 and get it paid without sufficent funds becos it was assumed no one issues a check without funds in his account. during the privatisation of govt companies in the 80s and 90s it was an open season cos people could write cheques for subscription for shares they cant afford and get refund from fthe registrars cos they assumed the cheques would clear.

everyone is wising up now
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2009
OMO IBO:

British Airways
Best Airline : Transatlantic
Best Cabin Staff - Western Europe

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2009/Result_Summary.htm

don't tell me you didn't see it cos i know you are in the habit of not seeing things.

I asked for proof, you provided. Get over it.
Re: by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2009
OMO IBO:

Excuse me
Okiez, you're excused.
Re: by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
oops, mum has spoken.
Re: by noblegas2(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2009
World 5-Star Airline = QATAR AIRWAYS, still will and always Fly U jor
Re: by justwise(m): 7:14am On Aug 07, 2009
GEW:

BA have not taken card payments for like 3yrs now. if you have company card ask them to send you indemnity forms for you to sign that you will pay any money used for travels which is fair.

it i sthe small price you pay for having dangerous cousins.
i said it here before on BA throwing out nigerians thread i saw a nigerian buying mTN cards at exhorbitant price on board just some few minutes to our landing in lagos when the poor woman asked him for smaller denomination you need to see the fuss the idiot was making as if someone was hurting him.
we have learnt to take what dont belong to us they have learnt to protect their buiness nothing spoil as my sister would say how do you track fake/ cloned cards and adresses? most of these idiots buy a ticket and travel before the transaction bounces.
banking in this part of the world is mainly done on trust. until say the last ten years i can easily issue you a check of say £1000 and get it paid without sufficent funds becos it was assumed no one issues a check without funds in his account. during the privatisation of govt companies in the 80s and 90s it was an open season cos people could write cheques for subscription for shares they cant afford and get refund from fthe registrars cos they assumed the cheques would clear.
everyone is wising up now
BA takes card payment online, the last time i travelled with them i paid online
Re: by GEW: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2009
justwise:

there is no way BA will accept your payment for journeys to nigeria unless you are paying through a pre- arranged company card. tell me the site you booked it through i am interested.
Re: by MrCrackles(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2009
justwise:

Big Lie. . . . .
Maybe you travelled last in 1890 but then there were no debit cards and internet payment facilities then undecided grin
I travelled BA in 2003, i bought the ticket online with a reservation code and had to go and pay at a nearby airport over a BA counter!
Re: by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 07, 2009
Re: by justwise(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Big Lie. . . . .
Maybe you travelled last in 1890 but then there were no debit cards and internet payment facilities then undecided grin
I travelled BA in 2003, i bought the ticket online with a reservation code and had to go and pay at a nearby airport over a BA counter!

Did u just called me a liar? I travelled to Nigeria on the 29th of Dec 2008, i paid online with my debt card. I can paste the comfirmation email here or send it to u to see
Re: by justwise(m): 11:07am On Aug 07, 2009
GEW:

there is no way BA will accept your payment for journeys to nigeria unless you are paying through a pre- arranged company card. tell me the site you booked it through i am interested.

For the sake of this arguement, i tried to book now and i was given the option of paying online.

Go to https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb.
Re: by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2009
You make an online payment ONLY if the owner of the card is flying.

The system will only let you make an online reservation if you are paying for someone and/but not travelling
Re: by Thor(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2009
I would never accept credit cards on anything that had even a slim connection to Nigeria. It would be business suicide!
Re: by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 07, 2009
Re: by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2009
Re: by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2009
chaircover, your gripe and grouse is reasonable.
You said you run a business part time. I bet you, should the number of fraudulent or suspect payment you receive go up you'd have a second look at the mode of payment.

Mind you, you may be prosecuted if you do nothing to curb fraudulent payment if you run a business.
Re: by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: by shotster50(m): 12:58am On Aug 10, 2009
If you want to bool KLM from London, try Opodo.co.uk. I found they had the exact amount with KLM for the Time I booked and they also accept Debit / Credit cards on the Nigerian route.
Re: by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 10, 2009
BA accepts online credit card payments for travel to Nigeria but refused (as of Easter/08) to accept credit card payments at their counter in Abuja airport
Re: by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
wwheelz:

BA accepts online credit card payments for travel to Nigeria but refused (as of Easter/08) to accept credit card payments at their counter in Abuja airport

Do u blame them? Nigeria should be the last place any company should accept card payment at the counter, untill we start saying NO to 419ners, yahoo yahoo boys/girls then we the decent Nigerians we keep paying for their sins.
Re: by Thor(m): 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
justwise:

Do u blame them? Nigeria should be the last place any company should accept card payment at the counter, untill we start saying NO to 419ners, yahoo yahoo boys/girls then we the decent Nigerians we keep paying for their sins.

You are absolutely right angry angry
Re: by Busybody2(f): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
If it helps, a debit card is different from a credit card, the company is liable to refund you for any transaction over £100 if there is a comeback compared to the debit card payment which means you are on your own, so I don't blame companies that refuses to accept credit cards cool

Arik Air and Bellview don't even accept any form of payment except cash which has to be paid in their office and surely this is discrimination too, so when are we gonna start the boycotting campaign against them too my people, I will be first in the queue grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheapest College Or University In Denmark / Nigeria Immigration Deports 25 Chinese With Irregular Residential Permits / South Africa Vs North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.