Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,517 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:59 AM

Your Experience On Klm To London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experience On Klm To London (11299 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hi guys, I just booked an indirect KLM flight to london. I always fly direct to London and I will like to know what you do while you are waiting Can I roam around the airport and window shop?? or will I be stuck in some boring lounge I hope I dont regret this oooo!!!!! Pls share your experience.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by dellnet: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
you can roam about to any terminal and there is an excursion to the city if your time to connect is long.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
My wait time is 8hrs!!! Are u sure i can leave the airport?
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
amykelly:

Hi guys, I just booked an indirect KLM flight to london. I always fly direct to London and I will like to know what you do while you are waiting Can I roam around the airport and window shop?? or will I be stock in some boring lounge I hope i dont regret this oooo!!!!! Pls share your experience.

Sure you can, you can do ur duty-free shopping around the airport.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
@Justwise, do you think i can leave the airport and take a tour? I heard they offer a 45 mins tour on a bus called the floating dutchman. Hope the immigration officers will allow me smiley smiley. At least that way I can spend my 8hrs wait time in a fun filled way.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
amykelly:

@Justwise, do you think i can leave the airport and take a tour? I heard they offer a 45 mins tour on a bus called the floating dutchman. Hope the immigration officers will allow me smiley smiley. At least that way I can spend my 8hrs wait time in a fun filled way.

I don't think u can leave the airport without transit visa. Call the airline to find out.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by dellnet: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
Well either ways nigerian paspport need transit visa unless otherwise stated, there is a booth in the airport I dont know if this site is official to the airport booth http://www.amsterdamcitytours.com/schiphol-tours.html
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by r231(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
amykelly:

If its Amsterdam Airport, the airport is very nice with a lot of shops like the shopping mail so you can keep yourself bsy

but no they won't allow you to leave the airport

as for KLM, better than ARIK anytime anyday. . . . i have used them bout 3 times now and i can recommend them
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by wikitruth: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2011
You will not be allowed to leave the airport. There are quite a lot of roaming you can do at Schipol but I can assure you that you will be bored at a time. I had your type of flight in April and I was very tired. After flying overnigth from Lagos, the first thing on your mind is getting your connection flight to london asap so you can rest. Load you ipod or ipad with what you can enjoy well.
This is the price you ahve to pay however for buying your ticket late and still looking for cheap ticket. As for KLM flight, they are very good. ( I consider them better than Airfrance. Don't even mention Arik).
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by wikitruth: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
If you have schengen visa however you may be allowed to enter Amsterdam
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by horny4u(f): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
When i fly klm , i take my ipod with me and roam the shops, never been into the city before.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by horny4u(f): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
wikitruth:

You will not be allowed to leave the airport. There are quite a lot of roaming you can do at Schipol but I can assure you that you will be bored at a time. I had your type of flight in April and I was very tired. After flying overnigth from Lagos, the first thing on your mind is getting your connection flight to london asap so you can rest. Load you ipod or ipad with what you can enjoy well.
This is the price you ahve to pay however for buying your ticket late and still looking for cheap ticket. As for KLM flight, they are very good. ( I consider them better than Airfrance. Don't even mention Arik).

SUPPORTED
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by worry246(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Also rember
Rules for travelers with Nigerian passport
can be different to those from other countries.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by horny4u(f): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
worry246:

Also rember
Rules for travelers with Nigerian passport
can be different to those from other countries.

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by halfcurrent(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
@poster
1. you do not need a transit VISA in Schipol airport, Amsterdam to transit to London
2. You will not be allowed to leave the airport with or without a transit VISA in Schipol airport, Amsterdam
3. Schipol airport is not boring; and the airport is quite large. you could do a lot of strolling and window shopping.
4. in Schipol airport, they have some sort of cubicles/lounges with bedding and bathroom facilities where you could relax for a while before your connecting flights; it cost about 30 to 50euros for a couple of hours, am not too sure how much; but just ask at the airport and they will be glad to assist you.
5. KLM is very OK (my personal assessment); timewise, etc; the only downside perhaps is that they do not have many options when when it comes to inflight menu.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
It looks like it is gonna be a long boring layover!!! I was checking the internet, and I noticed that EU nationals and USA passport holders dont need a transit to leave the airport during stopovers!!! Well I guess that doesnt apply to the Nigerian passport cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by coogar: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
amykelly:

It looks like it is gonna be a long boring layover!!! I was checking the internet, and I noticed that EU nationals and USA passport holders dont need a transit to leave the airport during stopovers!!! Well I guess that doesnt apply to the Nigerian passport cry cry cry cry cry

i hope you paid less than £40 for that klm flight. . . .
it takes about 6 hrs from lagos to london on direct flight. . . . .you will spend 8 hrs alone in amsterdam before going to london. . .
in a nutshell, your flight time is about 14 hrs? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
it doesn't make sense. . . .ask for a refund!

1 Like

Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by r231(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
coogar:

i hope you paid less than [b]£40 [/b]for that klm flight. . . .
it takes about 6 hrs from lagos to london on direct flight. . . . .you will spend 8 hrs alone in amsterdam before going to london. . .
in a nutshell, your flight time is about 14 hrs? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

you are kidding right undecided undecided

KLM is as expensive as Arik and others apart from BA or Virgin Atlantic
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
i hope you paid less than £40 for that klm flight. . . .
in a nutshell, your flight time is about 14 hrs? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I wish! the ticket cost 670pounds! Thats the equivalent I paid in Naira. This is summer and tickets are pretty expensive!! All the direct flights were annonying high!
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by r231(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^seriously i will take KLM b4 Arik anyday
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by coogar: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
r231:

you are kidding right undecided undecided

KLM is as expensive as Arik and others apart from BA or Virgin Atlantic

i just can't see why anyone would pay that much for a 14-hr flight?

amykelly:

I wish! the ticket cost 670pounds! Thats the equivalent I paid in Naira. This is summer and tickets are pretty expensive!! All the direct flights were annonying high!

plan your trips like a year before your departure. . . .
most of the folks on the same flight would have paid less than £300 for the same flight you are paying £670 for. . . .
but £670 is not too bad. i paid £1000 to lagos in dec 2009 - direct fight though. . . .can't do stop-over ish. . . .
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
coogar:

i just can't see why anyone would pay that much for a 14-hr flight?

plan your trips like a year before your departure. . . .
most of the folks on the same flight would have paid less than £300 for the same flight you are paying £670 for. . . .
but £670 is not too bad. i paid £1000 to lagos in dec 2009 - direct fight though. . . .can't do stop-over ish. . . .

I paid £560 in Dec 29th 2008, direct flight with BA and i booked 3wks in advance.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by coogar: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
justwise:

I paid £560 in Dec 29th 2008, direct flight with BA and i booked 3wks in advance.

you should have paid just before christmas na. . . . . .the amount would have been double what you paid.
i left on christmas eve! one of the most exciting flights ever.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
coogar:

you should have paid just before christmas na. . . . . .the amount would have been double what you paid.
i left on christmas eve! one of the most exciting flights ever.

That is true, it was £1000 + b4 xmas.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by kokoye(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ekenedilichukwu suppose don dey reach now sef . .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by imperiouxx(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
kokoye:

Ekenedilichukwu suppose don dey reach now sef . .

So this is the kind of stuffs you post till you get to 4k+ post count. Na wa ooo . . . . .spambot suppose to dey kick people like you. Where people are sharing sensible stuffs, you burst in with your ****.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by Rastamann: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
@poster
1. you do not need a transit VISA in Schipol airport, Amsterdam to transit to London
2. You will not be allowed to leave the airport with or without a transit VISA in Schipol airport, Amsterdam
3. Schipol airport is not boring; and the airport is quite large. you could do a lot of strolling and window shopping.
4. in Schipol airport, they have some sort of cubicles/lounges with bedding and bathroom facilities where you could relax for a while before your connecting flights; it cost about 30 to 50euros for a couple of hours, am not too sure how much; but just ask at the airport and they will be glad to assist you.
5. KLM is very OK (my personal assessment); timewise, etc; the only downside perhaps is that they do not have many options when when it comes to inflight menu.

Good info!
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by claremont(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2011
@OP: I have used KLM to travel to London via Amsterdam, enjoyed free booze to stupor all the way grin. I didn't have a transit visa when I did, I am not sure of the requirement for Nigerian passport holders to have transit visas when using KLM. In terms of leaving the airport, I believe you can only do so if you have a Shengen visa stamp on your passport, in it's absence, you are restricted to the lounge. I spent my time using the free WIFI available on the lounge, it's amazing how time flies when one chats on YIM/Facebook though. cheesy
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by 4Runner: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
I always fly KLM to the US. For the 8hrs wait, I usually take the Air Port shuttle bus to one of the hotels near the AP (free).

At the hotel, with only 12 Euro I eat a continental breakfast, take a nap at the lobby, ready to go with another shuttle.

The first time I stayed at the AP, I spent same amount on a burger & coke, and sat on uncomfortable seat for hrs.

But you MUST have a visa for this.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by 190smh: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
KLM Was arite

Via netherlands embarassed
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by funkiibaby(f): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
My experiences flying KLM are good,you get enough booze on board tongue.Am guessing you be having a lay over Schiphol airport.There are loads of shops to browse and as the airport is massive am sure you can  find a 2 chairs or more place to put your head down for a few hours.don't forget to set your alarm smiley.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How much is switzerland visa and flight ticket money in nigeria.. please help / Christmas: Enugu Indigenes Get Free Transport From Gov. Ugwuanyi / How To Deal With Culture Shock While Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.