Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,830 members, 7,976,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 07:42 PM

Your Experience On Klm To London - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experience On Klm To London (11459 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / 10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
I have confimed that I don't need a transit visa however, I wudnt be able to leave the airport with a Nigerian passport, if I don't have a shengen visa. So I guess I have to make do with the airport!! wink
Well as long as I can visit the shops and eat. I should be fine! The worst thing that can happen to me is being stuck in a transit lounge for hrs without being able to move around!!
Maybe I shud enjoy the booze too at least, I will be in a happy state cheesy wink
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by r231(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^^^there is a pub in their somewhere

you can drink and smoke grin grin grin grin. . . well if you are me grin grin

so its not gonna be that boring
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by marcus1234: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by claremont(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2011
r231:

^^^^^there is a pub in their somewhere

you can drink and smoke grin grin grin grin. . . well if you are me grin grin

so its not gonna be that boring
So long as there is a cheap pub with enough booze and gays, the lounge shouldn't be that bad! cheesy wink
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by kizito96(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
Skiphold airport is very nice, there is a one hour free internet service if you have your laptop, or you pay a few Euros to access the internet. There is a sleeping area and also a praying area, you can window shop. there is a Mcdonald stand and the lounge is very large that you can work around and kill time. but your connecting flight will be longer than expected.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by moonraker(m): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
KLM?? shocked lipsrsealed

Same KLM i used from Narita to Lagos in 2008??

Well i guess thats y we have a saying that states that mileage may differ.

Flight from Tokyo narita to AMS was just ok. Boeing 747-400, very narrow seats

I had a 14hour layover in AMS. they have lounges there u can use,

Flight to LOS from AMS was lipsrsealed

back then, they used the Boeing MD-11. what a plane that was. Serious noise pollution,
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by apeena: 4:55am On Aug 26, 2011
klm is good, the customer service is way better than airfrance even though AF owns klm now. and of course you will be able to wonder round only the terminal you touched down in and taking off from. but seriously, you have limited choice in what you can do at that terminal. i believe there is a gaming section where you can while away time on the consoles; shops you visit. but serious, who does duty-free shopping going to london or any european countr[ies], you only do that going to nigeria.

your best bet as someone mentioned earlier is to load your ipod with your positive feel-good music tracks, because i can assure you that you will never do another 8 hours stopover again. you will be thoroughly bored, tired and restless, at the end of it, you will be so looking forward to getting on that plane out of amsterdam.

i had a 5 hours stopover in 2009, i was so tired and sleepy coming out the lagos - amsterdam flight, because i don't know how to sleep in the plane, what i did was to find a nice spot, strapped my bag/hand luggage around me, set my alarm and took a nap. that was after i had wonder round the whole accessible part of the terminal. so brace yourself.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2011
Pls for all the guys that used klm with a nigerian passport and didnt have a schegen visa, pls did u have a transit visa or did u need to get an airport transit visa? I have been trying klm customer service but it is hopeless? I booked my flight with Waka Now and they assured me that I dont need one.
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by K2: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
Per their website, you should be fine.

/ 26AUG11 / 1624 UTC
National Nigeria (NG) /Embarkation Nigeria (NG)
Transit Netherlands (NL)
Destination United Kingdom (GB)/Visited Nigeria (NG)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Netherlands (NL)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Nationals of Nigeria, holding onward
tickets transiting TIRULES/R32 by the same or first
connecting aircraft *Note: TWOV is not possible when arriving
from a non-Schengen Member State AND departing to a Schengen
Member State TIRULES/R34
- for holders of a valid visa issued by Bulgaria, Canada,
Cyprus,Ireland (Rep. of), Japan, Liechtenstein, Romania,
USA or United Kingdom, traveling to any non-Schengen Member
State; or
-returning from Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Ireland (Rep.of),
Japan, Romania, USA or United Kingdom after having used the
visa;

https://www.klm.com/travel/ng_en/prepare_for_travel/travel_planning/travel_clinic/timatic.htm
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2011
Per their website, you should be fine.

/ 26AUG11 / 1624 UTC
National Nigeria (NG) /Embarkation Nigeria (NG)
Transit Netherlands (NL)
Destination United Kingdom (GB)/Visited Nigeria (NG)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Netherlands (NL)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Nationals of Nigeria, holding onward
tickets transiting TIRULES/R32 by the same or first
connecting aircraft *Note: TWOV is not possible when arriving
from a non-Schengen Member State AND departing to a Schengen
Member State TIRULES/R34
- for holders of a valid visa issued by Bulgaria, Canada,
Cyprus,Ireland (Rep. of), Japan, Liechtenstein, Romania,
USA or United Kingdom, traveling to any non-Schengen Member
State; or
-returning from Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Ireland (Rep.of),
Japan, Romania, USA or United Kingdom after having used the
visa;

Thanks a lot k2
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by Merc: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2011
KLM is good, Schipol Airport is beautiful with nice duty free shops and if you have Schengen Visa you could going into the nice city called Amsterdam! Are you travelling with your girlfriend?
grin
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by amykelly: 7:53am On Aug 29, 2011
KLM is good, Schipol Airport is beautiful with nice duty free shops and if you have Schengen Visa you could going into the nice city called Amsterdam! Are you travelling with your girlfriend?
Grin

No. That would mean I am a lesbian! wink wink
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by sexylogan(m): 1:40am On Jan 23, 2012
amykelly:

No. That would mean I am a lesbian! wink wink

lmao. . .
Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by LoveTravelling: 9:50pm On May 08, 2015
[left]KLM is one of most recognised and reputable European airline, code-sharing with Air France and Delta airlines they cover almost 83% of international destinations. Unless you are travelling with British airways or Virgin Atlantic, (I personally travel with KLM to lagos from travellord) so I will always suggest you to travel with KLM or Lufthansa as they have maintained their quality of service and history. Travellers visiting in a KLM Royal Netherlander Air carriers trip get access to first training conveniences and services. KLM Royal Netherlander Air carriers routes have two sessions of travel, namely Business Class and Economic climate Class. In addition to this, KLM Royal Netherlander Air carriers trip contains a third training called 'Comfort Economic climate Class' on long-haul path.

You can take a break in Neither land and visit the city if you are travelling with schengen visa or other European passport and you don't need a transit visa or in-case you have to stay at airport, you can book a business lounge, just to make yourself more comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by LoveTravelling: 2:35am On Oct 22, 2015
I have been travelling to Nigeria since last 11 years but unfortunately have tried only few airlines. Although it's 11 years but I have not travelled frequently so mostly my choice is direct airline like British airways or Virgin Atlantic. A month ago i had t travel on short notice due to some urgent work so i booked my flights through www.travellord.co.uk as they were offering cheapest tickets to Nigeria. However the best fare was for KLM via Amsterdam which was just under £400. I booked my flights with mixed feelings but thought to give that a go and try some indirect airline and spend savings during my holidays.
My journey started with very pleasant welcome by KLM airline check in counter and they check in my 2 Kilo extra luggage without any additional charges (that wasn't expected from an indirect airline) and wore a smile on her face during the whole time. Their aircrafts were almost new and well equipped, lates music and entertainment and great in-flight services. Food was quite nice and seats were spacious. I really enjoyed my trip to Nigeria and I don't hesitate to recommend their services. I will be booking KLM flights again for my next trip. overall a happy customer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Lithuania, How Do You Survive? / Baiyeku, Ikorodu Laments Bad Roads, Seeks Govt Intervention / US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.