Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,667 members, 7,889,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' (9228 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / River State Should Be Part Of The South East since Igbo have 6 governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2009
Yes it should, based on the true state of things now. Ekiti has the highest hectare of farmland devoted to the cultivation of marijuana as shown by the NDLEA. They claim they have ''professors'' (note this is in quote) but there is nothing to show for it. I do not remember any single industry in Ekiti state, except of course the marijuana-growing industry. The name is a case of a lizard who fell of the tree and nodded his head, saying that if nobody acknowledges him, he will praise himself. Outdated punks
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ekiti=Fountain of Marijuana grin grin
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2009
Imo state http://www.imostate.gov.ng/education.php?PHPSESSID=33927bc1d4befff5b301d613fdfcbbe5
NO OF GOVERRNMENT OWNED SECONDARY / PRIMARY TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
(i) No. of Government owned Secondary Schools = 309
(ii) No of Government owned Primary School = 1245
(iii) No of Tertiary Institutions owned by State Government = 3
(iv) No of approved private owned Nursery Schools in Imo State = 158
(v) No of Privately owned Primary Schools = 132
(vi) No of approved privately owned Secondary = 139
(vii) No of approved privately owned Vocational Schools = 319

http://ekitinigeria.net/Institutions-in-Ekiti-State/Educational-Institutions.html
The details are as follows:
i Number of Public Primary Schools 541
ii. Number of Public Secondary Schools 141
iii. Number of State Government Colleges: 4
iv. (Ado, Ikere, Oye and Usi-Ekiti) 4
v. Women Education Centres 4
vi. Nomadic Schools 5
vii. Technical Colleges: (Ado, Otun, Ijero and Ikole) 4
viii. Local Government Training School, Ilawe-Ekiti 1
ix. Tertiary Institutions:
a College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti 1
b Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti 1
c State University, University of Ado-Ekiti (UNAD) 1
x. Schools for Handicapped Children:
School for the Blind, Deaf and Dumb, Ikere 1
School for the Mentally Retarded, Ido-Ekiti 1
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ijawman:

ROFLMAO! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by MrCrackles(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ijawman:

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
http://current.com/items/89110611_africa-ndlea-rates-ekiti-high-on-marijuana.htm

VICTOR OGUNJE, ADO EKITI

EKITI State Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has rated the state as a leading producer of Marijuana a.k.a. Indian hemp on the African continent.

The Agency also threatened to prosecute any landlord who fails to monitor his tenants’ means of livelihood.

NDLEA also revealed that a landlord was now helping it to trace the whereabouts of his tenant who allegedly stocked 34kg of Indian hemp at the popular Fayose market, located at the Ajilosun area of Ado Ekiti.

The Command had also launched a manhunt for one Bunmi Adeleye, who was said to have fled after being caught with 2.2kg of substance suspected to be a dangerous weed

Making the disclosures yesterday in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, the state Commander of the anti-drug body, Mr Ben Ikani had declared that the largest seizure which was discovered in the state last April had made the state to be recognized by the United Nations Anti- drug department as one of the areas vulnerable to drug abuse

Operatives of the NDLEA had made a landmark record, through the seizure and destruction of substances suspected to be Indian hemp, worth N84million by conservative estimation of the Agency.

Ikane disclosed the Agency would be collaborating with the state government on the need to sensitize the public to reduce the scourge of drug abuse in the state, even as he solicited for useful information that would enable the Agency to be more efficient in its duties

According to him "We are in dire need of information because we need it to perform. We are not magicians, so we can only nab the perpetrators of this dastardly act if we have useful information from people.

"Though, a lot of programmes are on Radio and Television to get the people acquainted with the evils behind drug abuse and bad name attached to it. So, I assure, no efforts would be spared to make the state Drug free", he said

On the warning to the landlords to be wary of the activities of their tenants, Ikani disclosed that the law establishing the Agency empowered it to prosecute a landlord as an accomplice if he fails to promptly report the activities of his tenant.

Ikani said those now at large could not be declared wanted at present, clarifying that such order must come from the Headquarters of the Agency in Abuja.

He said, the culprit, Adeleye, who had escaped had not been arrested when he had fled, saying he managed to escape when his men had laid an ambush for him during a night operation

On the success recorded by the Agency in its efforts to rehabilitate some victims of drug abuse, the Commandant revealed that no fewer that four persons had been rehabilitated and some were still receiving treatment to bring them to normal life.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
Five states lead in the production of cannabis in Nigeria. They are Ekiti, Osun Ondo, Edo and Delta, states. It is claimed the cannabis produced in Edo and Ondo is among the best in the world, making it more expensive than others and providing a ready world-wide market for it, according to a source.
http://africanagriculture..com/2007/04/strong-demand-drives-lucrative.html
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
''Prof.'' Akin Akinkumi, BSc, MSc, PhD (Marijuana production)
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ijawman:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH
o boy, you don kolo
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2009
Do you know of any industry/manufacturing company in Ekiti, except the Marijuana industry?
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2009
You guys are all jokers.
Ekiti is a Nigerian state and so is Imo.
So let us just say, Nigeria is a fountain of Knowledge.
Besides, Knowledge can necessarily be equated to education, many forefathers never attended schools and they are damn smart and knowledgeable.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2009
explains the crazy antics of fayose cheesy cheesy

and the grandmas going wild grin

wey toh and morenike cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by frag(m): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2009
lolololololo grin grin
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by davidif: 5:51am On Aug 05, 2009
Imo state http://www.imostate.gov.ng/education.php?PHPSESSID=33927bc1d4befff5b301d613fdfcbbe5
NO OF GOVERRNMENT OWNED SECONDARY / PRIMARY TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
      (i) No. of Government owned Secondary Schools                            = 309 shocked shocked
     (ii) No of Government owned Primary School                                   = 1245  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
    (iii) No of Tertiary Institutions owned by State Government                = 3

ha ha, now i see what the problem of Nigeria's educational system is?? It is the govt running too many schools. This has diluted the quality of education in the country. The govt. should hand those schools to the churches or missionaries who built them or hand them over to the private sector or the local communities. Having the govt run so many schools leads to very substandard education with poor quality teachers and facilities. Problems in Nigeria's educational sector started in the 70's when the govt decided to seize control of our schools from the missionaries and the communities. In the 80's they neglected education altogether. This is why our schools can't compete with the Asian or Western schools.

This all sums up Nigeria's problems, the govt trying to do everything. They are involved in power and energy, they are involved in telecoms, water, transportation, mass media (NTA), radio and even sports sef. No wonder nothing ever works in that country. This is one of the reasons that Nigerians don't have constant electricity. Its because the govt insists on having a centralized energy generating company (NEPA abi PHCN dem they call am) instead of living it to the private sector and the states to generate power for themselves. Nigerians always love to blame all there problems on corruption, they forget that corruption is just part of the problem and not the only problem. The biggest problem is that majority of the projects that the govt. has launched have not worked or have been abysmal (e.g Tinapa). This is what happens when you have the govt. involved in things it should have no business in.

The great Ronald Reagan once said that government is not the solution but government is the problem. This simply means that less government is best.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 05, 2009
When Nigeria disclaims democracy, we'll lose the title. Until then. . . .
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2009
FL Gators:

When Nigeria disclaims democracy, we'll lose the title. Until then. . . .

. . . . . fountain of assassins? tongue cheesy shocked kiss
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2009
nuzo, hows china treating you?
e be like say dem don hungry you pass, pele. tongue
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2009
FL Gators:

nuzo, hows china treating you?
e be like say dem don hungry you pass, pele. tongue

Not as bad as how nigeria treated me or is treating majority of her citizens right now. tongue
F.Y.I, people maybe poor in china, but it is well known that food is the cheapest thing one can afford here. cool cheesy
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2009
na true o. every time I go to a chinese restaurant, dem just go pour excess food for me.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by desgiezd(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2009
nuzo:

Not as bad as how nigeria treated me or is treating majority of her citizens right now. tongue
F.Y.I, people maybe poor in china, but it is well known that food is the cheapest thing one can afford here. cool cheesy

When the problem of lack of food is solved, then the problem of poverty is almost obliterated.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2009
FL Gators:

na true o. every  time I go to a chinese restaurant, dem just go pour excess food for me.

Thank god you know about this.
Its their culture to eat well, now, I dont mean stuffing oneself with only starchy foods like akpu, amala and tuwo. tongue

desgiezd:

When the problem of lack of food is solved, then the problem of poverty is almost obliterated.

And most importantly, crime decreases.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
Davidif,

That data was just to show the Yoruba irredentists here the wateriness in their lies that Yoruba are overly educated people.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by fyneguy: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ijawman, when they say Ekiti is the fountain of knowledge, it refers to Ekiti people's  quest for knowledge.

Ekiti state has the highest number of Professors in Nigeria, till tomorrow. Okemesi Ekiti has a record as the town with the highest number of Professors in Nigeria. The figure stood at  over 80 professors before the year 2000. This is a town where you see 7 professors in a family.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2009
@FYNEGUY
Old story. Where is your proof? You know Yoruba press knows how to manipulate and turn fabu into reality. I give that to them. Now we know better; 80% of those bear forged certificates. In the last 10 years or so, Yorubas have been sidelined dramatically with regard to quest for education. Go and check the JAMB records since early 2000. All they do now are:

Forge certificates
Kabukabu
Bukataria (Iya olonje)
Area boy[b]ism[/b](thuggery)
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Ijawman
Nigeria boasts of engineers, doctors, business majors etc. What has Nigeria shown for it?
Can electrical student boast of providing more electricity?
Can civic engineers boast of making the road more driver friendly?
Did we not have students studying politics?
Or can Nigeria say she doesn't have engineers that can renovate and invent better cars and buses?
Nigeria has medical doctors and health facilities, yet we have patients without treatments.
Nigeria has graduates and professors looking for job for over 5 years, looking for grants to research, etc. . . . .

So if Nigeria is this bad and poor, what do you expect Ekiti to do?

Name any state that has invented any new technology that has helped Nigeria over the recent 10 years? Plzzzz Name any professors that has done any medical research in Nigeria with benefits to its citizens.

davidif:

ha ha, now i see what the problem of Nigeria's educational system is?? It is the govt running too many schools. The govt. should hand those schools to the churches or missionaries who built them or hand them over to the private sector or the local communities. Having the govt run so many schools leads to very substandard education with poor quality teachers and facilities. Problems in Nigeria's educational sector started in the 70's when the govt decided to seize control of our schools from the missionaries and the communities. In the 80's they neglected education altogether. This is why our schools can't compete with the Asian or Western schools.

This all sums up Nigeria's problems, the govt trying to do everything. They are involved in power and energy, they are involved in telecoms, water, transportation, television (NTA), radio and even sports sef. No wonder nothing ever works in that country.

@Ijawman, And is there a reason why you chose to ignore this post?
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Sauron1: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ijawman:

Yes it should, based on the true state of things now. Ekiti has the highest hectare of farmland devoted to the cultivation of marijuana as shown by the NDLEA. They claim they have ''professors'' (note this is in quote) but there is nothing to show for it. I do not remember any single industry in Ekiti state, except of course the marijuana-growing industry. The name is a case of a lizard who fell of the tree and nodded his head, saying that if nobody acknowledges him, he will praise himself. Outdated punks

You are a consummate idiot. . . . .

Get the stats on the number of top professors in Nigeria and get back to me. . .
While your so called Imo state boys are rolling tyres in Alaba. . . .Ekiti students are playing with Pipettes and Burettes in the chemistry labs.
You can have a billion schools in your state but how many students actually pass through it and graduate without diversifying to business.

What a schmuk!!!!!
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Hauwa1: 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
nuzo:

ok just be careful of MSG lipsrsealed
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ijawman:

@FYNEGUY
Old story. Where is your proof? You know Yoruba press knows how to manipulate and turn fabu into reality. I give that to them. Now we know better; 80% of those bear forged certificates. In the last 10 years or so, Yorubas have been sidelined dramatically with regard to quest for education. Go and check the JAMB records since early 2000. All they do now are:

Forge certificates
Kabukabu
Bukataria (Iya olonje)
Area boy[b]ism[/b](thuggery)
Really, and your proofs are. . .  .? undecided
I guess 90% of Nigerians forge their certificate too. Since the country has nothing to show for its graduates.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by davidif: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
hauwa
what is msg? mono sodium glutamate? (the ingredient of Aji-no-moto that causes cancer) or do you mean something else.
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are a consummate idiot. . . . .

Get the stats on the number of top professors in Nigeria and get back to me. . .
While your so called Imo state boys are rolling tyres in Alaba. . . .Ekiti students are playing with Pipettes and Burettes in the chemistry labs.
You can have a billion schools in your state but how many students actually pass through it and graduate without diversifying to business.

What a schmuk!!!!!

Another fabu. Ok I agree. Ekiti students are in the labs where they process Marijuana for consumption. In which universities are the Ekiti students; a state with normadic education as shown in their website? What does JAMB record say about Ekiti state?
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 06, 2009
Ijawman:

Another fabu. Ok I agree. Ekiti students are in the labs where they process Marijuana for consumption. In which universities are the Ekiti students; a state with normadic education as shown in their website? What does JAMB record say about Ekiti state?
That's your only rebuttal? Marijuana? Consumer or producer, which one are you?
Did someone buck you and sold you elubo instead?
Support your statements with factual evidence instead of spitting shit out of your Ahole
Re: Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' by Ijawman(m): 1:09am On Aug 06, 2009
My immediate response is that you check the JAMB website and see where Ekiti (AND INDEED ALL YORUBA STATES) stand in relation to Eastern (Igbo and ND) states

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Not Legalise Prostitution – Mrs Abimbola Fashola / How To Hack Instagram Accounts / Etekamba Umoren: Newly Appointed REC From Akwa Ibom Won’t Be Sworn In Now —INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.