Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,758 members, 7,921,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:13 AM

Sql Server Reg. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sql Server Reg. (820 Views)

Excel To Microsoft Sql Server / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Oracle Vs Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sql Server Reg. by bigafees: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
PLS GURUS IN THE HOUSE, I NEED STEPS BY STEPS PROCEDURE ON HOW TO REGISTER SERVER IN SQL SERVER 2005/2008. AND HOW CAN I CONNECT IF MY COMPUTER IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
Re: Sql Server Reg. by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2009
No need to open multiple threads on the same issue, Dude. What exactly are you trying to do. Can you post a screen shot of any error messages you are getting cause your questions do not seem to be to point for us to effectively help you better.

Registration of Express version of SQL Server is not really required. You can skip it for later if you do not have internet access, or you follow the options , if any, to register via fax or by mail.
Re: Sql Server Reg. by bigafees: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2009
@ Kobojunkie

this is what i'm talking about, check the attachment, the first diagram is connection dialogue box , while the second one is the connection error

Re: Sql Server Reg. by celesto: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2009
When you say register Server do you mean creating a new Server instance or registering on-line? And by "How do I Connect" do you mean Logging in or Connecting to the internet.

From your attachment, you were trying to connect to SQL Server Compact Edition. Confirm that the parameters in the combo boxes are correct. Usually, you should be able to connect to SQL Server (without the internet) using your Windows account or a Log-in already created with SQL Server either during installation or Using the Management Console.

As for SQL Server Compact Edition, well, can't say!

Double check the parameters again and try to connect. If you registered a Log-in Account during installation, use it. Else, log-in to Windows with an Administrative user and try again.

, then post an update here! wink
Re: Sql Server Reg. by bigafees: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Everything and kobojunkie

What i mean is that i know aw to write SQL language, but to connect to SQL Server and create my Database is my problem.
Pls Everybody in the house Assist me on this

Av re-attached the SQL server login page and the error message

Re: Sql Server Reg. by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
Do you have, currently, on your C drive a file named MyDatabase#1.sdf? Please confirm this.

Also, are you sure you want to work with SQL CE? Or are you just trying to create or connect to a database somewhere?

(1) (Reply)

Netbeans Ide For C++ / Randomising ,storing And Retrieving From Database / I Need A Teacher On Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.