Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,768 members, 7,962,536 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

It's Not What You Know, But What You DO That Matters Most. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / It's Not What You Know, But What You DO That Matters Most. (404 Views)

#ikorodu A Little Care Is What Matters About The Ongoing Protest / Matters Arising, She Wants Me (photo Preview) / Pensions matters ...Lets talk about those pension isssues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Not What You Know, But What You DO That Matters Most. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
Action and execution are two extremely powerful forces. Ideas may be a dime per dozen, but ideas, in and of themselves aren't worth anything unless they're executed.

The same goes for knowledge. Knowledge is only power when it's used. Knowing something does nothing for you, it's what you do with the knowledge you possess that changes things.

In short: You can’t allow knowing to keep you from doing.
But sadly, it seems that society as a whole is growing more and more content with knowing and never doing. From the online entrepreneurs who know all the strategies for building an online business, but don't even have a published website, to the people with multiple college degrees and little to no career experience , we’re getting better and better at substituting what we know for what we do.

Most of us could use more doing and less consuming. (Myself included at times.) If you want to acquire new skills, live an interesting life and do adventurous things, you have to get good at putting in the effort it takes to actually do those things. Vision boards, writing goals and daydreaming are fine, but no matter how hard you think about something, NOTHING will ever manifest unless you take some kind of action.
So, next time you feel yourself getting comfortable because of how much you know about a particular topic, remember: It’s not about what you know. It’s about what you DO with that knowledge that's going to make all the difference in life.

I hope this helps!

Be blessed! smiley

Ra

( If you enjoyed this post, follow me on nairaland , or visit me on my blog . smiley )

(1) (Reply)

God Wants To Bless You Financially. / How To Transfer Contacts, Messages From Note 2/3/4 To Note 5 / Enugu Massacre : S/east Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.