Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,731 members, 7,908,862 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Dating In The Dark - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating In The Dark (747 Views)

My GF I Have Been Dating In School For 1yr Now Was Married 2yrs Ago.wht Do I Do? / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Online Dating In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating In The Dark by topup: 6:45am On Aug 05, 2009
Fantastic concept!! ABC has unleashed a new 'reality'-tv series called "Dating in the Dark". .

"Dating in the Dark is a unique alternative series that asks the age-old question, "Is Love Blind?" Each week, three single men and three single women, all looking for love, will move into a house together, but be totally sequestered from the opposite sex. While they will have no chance of seeing each other in the light, they will have the opportunity to date in a completely dark room. Looks will be taken out of the equation as the men and women get to know each other and form bonds in total darkness. After several days of dating in the darkroom, the participants will select the one member of the opposite sex that they want to see revealed in the light. For the first time, the participants will see whom they've been dating, wooing, kissing, snuggling with and forming bonds with. And after they see each other in the light for the first time, they have to make the difficult decision, do they stay with the person they fell for in the dark, or leave them behind?"

Episode 1 here!!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6D48KMYG
Re: Dating In The Dark by C2H5OH(f): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2009
When are you going to accept my proposal? We can stay in the dark room for as long as you want. lol
Re: Dating In The Dark by topup: 6:50am On Aug 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

When are you going to accept my proposal? We can stay in the dark room for as long as you want. lol

What proposal? Am I missing something??
Re: Dating In The Dark by C2H5OH(f): 6:56am On Aug 05, 2009
Excuse me . .what are you on about?
Re: Dating In The Dark by topup: 7:42am On Aug 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

Excuse me . .what are you on about?

Just re-read your first post and you'll understand.
Re: Dating In The Dark by C2H5OH(f): 7:52am On Aug 05, 2009
Dear, I'm just taking you for a ride.

On topic, the show sounds boring.
Re: Dating In The Dark by topup: 8:33am On Aug 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

Dear, I'm just taking you for a ride.

I thought you were trying to be smart. .

As for the show I wouldn't be sharing it if I didn't think it was interesting, but ultimately it's up to you, how you want to spend those 40 minutes (episode length) of your life.
Re: Dating In The Dark by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

When are you going to accept my proposal?  We can stay in the dark room for as long as you want.  lol

i wonder what you guys will be developing . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Dating In The Dark by DaudaAbu(m): 9:09am On Aug 05, 2009
those that watched the prog. let em contribute

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dating In The Dark by hollandis(f): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2009
topup:

Fantastic concept!! ABC has unleashed a new 'reality'-tv series called "Dating in the Dark". .

"Dating in the Dark is a unique alternative series that asks the age-old question, "Is Love Blind?" Each week, three single men and three single women, all looking for love, will move into a house together, but be totally sequestered from the opposite sex. While they will have no chance of seeing each other in the light, they will have the opportunity to date in a completely dark room. Looks will be taken out of the equation as the men and women get to know each other and form bonds in total darkness. After several days of dating in the darkroom, the participants will select the one member of the opposite sex that they want to see revealed in the light. For the first time, the participants will see whom they've been dating, wooing, kissing, snuggling with and forming bonds with. And after they see each other in the light for the first time, they have to make the difficult decision, do they stay with the person they fell for in the dark, or leave them behind?"

Episode 1 here!!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6D48KMYG
Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: Dating In The Dark by posakosa(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2009
Seen the show and its W H A C K !
Re: Dating In The Dark by Gentlelady(f): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2009
It sound interesting!  Removes emphasis on looks.  But shocker fit dey when dem reveal o!
Re: Dating In The Dark by xqwysyte(f): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2009
it sounds interesting yeah.

But what if they discover they dont like the looks of the person they have "fallen in love" with, i dont think they would say that infront of national tv and seem like a shallow person.

The idea is a bit flawed.

Noone will want to admit they do not want to keep seeing someone that they have been gettin along with all because of looks.
Re: Dating In The Dark by femzy(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2009
Would to see before i comment
Re: Dating In The Dark by topup: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2009
xqwysyte:

it sounds interesting yeah.

But what if they discover they dont like the looks of the person they have "fallen in love" with, i dont think they would say that infront of national tv and seem like a shallow person.

The idea is a bit flawed.

Noone will want to admit they do not want to keep seeing someone that they have been gettin along with all because of looks.

That's what you think!! A few guys mentioned that after feeling the frame of their chosen girl in the dark, that they weren't sure whether they wanted to even meet her or continue things, this is before seeing her.

Another guy said his match's personality was truly amazing, but when he saw her in person, he couldn't help but say "She doesn't stand out" and then continued to comment on her 'bad' skin.

American tv is very dramatic and unlike other cultures American's seem more honest on television and blunt if anything, especially on the dating shows.

hollandis:

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided

C2H5OH:

You've both watched it??
Re: Dating In The Dark by topup: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2009
femzy:

Would to see before i comment

There's a link to the content smiley.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Boy Sef? / Your Most Memorable Moment With Your Lover / Stuck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.