Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,516 members, 7,914,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" (18228 Views)

Officials Are Sharing The Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia After Expose / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is A Big, Fat, Ugly, Greedy & Disgusting Pig" / Rivers Commissioner Of Police Francis Odesanya To Be Sanctioned For Aiding Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by bidex(m): 12:46am On Apr 22, 2016
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by redcliff: 1:03am On Apr 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

But no our leaders are to dumb to think and too proud to accept advice

Are yiu hearing yorself? Soldiers selling fuel?
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by SmartMugu: 1:11am On Apr 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

Even the soldiers would be bribed. How much do they make?
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Babyrex(f): 1:22am On Apr 22, 2016
GurlFriend:
An angry reader sent us this mail, alleging that DPR officials are colluding with greedy filling stations to rip Nigerians off

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/help-dpr-is-part-of-cause-of-fuel.html

I agree with this guy. Apart from NNPC, TOTAL, OANDO, all other filling stations in that axis sell been 150-200 per litre making queues at the other 3 very crazy.
I have come to Ikeja axis to get my fuel after queuing up for over 5 hours for nothing several times
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Rexnegro(m): 1:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Ishilove:

My brother I won't be surprised. Who do we blame if not the government. Nothing works in this country that's why these people have become a law unto themselves
we re our own problem in This con3...assuming na Other nationals dey do us now we for say na becos they re Not Nigerians...imagine dpr officials collecting bribe in expense of suffering The masses to continue buying above control price. mehnnn I tire for This con3

2 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Manchelsea(m): 1:58am On Apr 22, 2016
U done minute.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by 9t9jacobs: 2:47am On Apr 22, 2016
DPR destroyed the whole of south-east. I don't think they even exist there to regulate pump price...since 2010! Insufficient manpower & corrupt heads...They need to be probed.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by seunajia: 3:41am On Apr 22, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:
[s]Please let us not come here and make claims about a government organisation based on word of mouth. If you have concrete or hard evidence against the Department then post it here. Make a video. Take a photo. Even if not in the act, at least their official vehicles with the clear background in the said station. So that there is a possibility of knowing which of their teams went out with which of their vehicles for surveillance on the particular day. Do you have photos or videos to show they collected bribe or that they were settled? We just speculate because we are angry at the current stressful situation in the country.

It is not proper to come online and scream murder because we suspect DPR staff came to collect money. Suspicion does not amount to guilt. How are you sure it was not their HSE Team doing routine HSE Audits/Inspections and not the team in charge of price regulation? Afterall they have a mandate to ensure safety of all petrol stations during scarcity or in plenty. The DPR has Divisions with various mandates in the oil and gas industry. They have a Downstream Division which is in charge of Depots and Retail Outlets. Are you sure it was the Downstream staff or other staff carrying out other routine activities.

Currently, the Department could be working on ensuring that first the fuel available is sold and not hoarded. The issue is first the scarcity and secondly the pricing. If all stations are locked and sanctioned we will still be the ones to come here and scream that the DPR is making life difficult for us and that they should allow us buy at any price. The Independent Marketers (IPMAN) get products at a higher cost than major marketers (MOMAN). They can never sell at 87 Naira and still make profit. Believe it or not many got products for prices higher than ex depot prices.

The DPR is not in charge of supply or pricing. Regarding pricing they only enforce the set price by the PPPRA. In my opinion their focus for now seems to be to ensure there is no hoarding of available products pending when PPMC will flood the market with products and then they can go ahead and fully regulate pricing.

Let us all be properly guided.[/s]

Guided by who, you? Take several seats you double speaking saboteur.

In one breath we shouldn't make reports of visible acts of corruption. Are we children? Everyone on the thread is wrong about your corrupt DPR friends save you, yes? You bended and twisted the silly story of yours, yet. Later it is that independent marketers blahblah.

Preach to yourself!

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by socialmediaman: 3:55am On Apr 22, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:
Please let us not come here and make claims about a government organisation based on word of mouth. If you have concrete or hard evidence against the Department then post it here. Make a video. Take a photo. Even if not in the act, at least their official vehicles with the clear background in the said station. So that there is a possibility of knowing which of their teams went out with which of their vehicles for surveillance on the particular day. Do you have photos or videos to show they collected bribe or that they were settled? We just speculate because we are angry at the current stressful situation in the country.

It is not proper to come online and scream murder because we suspect DPR staff came to collect money. Suspicion does not amount to guilt. How are you sure it was not their HSE Team doing routine HSE Audits/Inspections and not the team in charge of price regulation? Afterall they have a mandate to ensure safety of all petrol stations during scarcity or in plenty. The DPR has Divisions with various mandates in the oil and gas industry. They have a Downstream Division which is in charge of Depots and Retail Outlets. Are you sure it was the Downstream staff or other staff carrying out other routine activities.

Currently, the Department could be working on ensuring that first the fuel available is sold and not hoarded. The issue is first the scarcity and secondly the pricing. If all stations are locked and sanctioned we will still be the ones to come here and scream that the DPR is making life difficult for us and that they should allow us buy at any price. The Independent Marketers (IPMAN) get products at a higher cost than major marketers (MOMAN). They can never sell at 87 Naira and still make profit. Believe it or not many got products for prices higher than ex depot prices.

The DPR is not in charge of supply or pricing. Regarding pricing they only enforce the set price by the PPPRA. In my opinion their focus for now seems to be to ensure there is no hoarding of available products pending when PPMC will flood the market with products and then they can go ahead and fully regulate pricing.

Let us all be properly guided.

Ordinary Nigerians reading this would be more angry because the dude just complained that the phone numbers of DPR are not going through but you could not offer a single solution. What he is trying to say is your best is just not enough. The same way Nigerian footballers go to the world cup and get eliminated in the first round, then come back to whine about their best, thats how you sound. How can an organization like DPR not have a database and tracking system to monitor their staff? Even MTN and other technology companies provide tracking for vehicles, and you're here requiring the Nigerians you should be thinking ahead of to give you clues, does that sound right? No offense intended
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

How is what you have said not dumb?

What will stop the soldiers from collecting same bribe? Who will tackle real threats like Boko Haram? Who will dash you sense?

Policies are what is to be changed, not people. Our youths are so ignorant its shocking...

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by deebrain(m): 4:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Babalegba:
Nigeria is a country of messed up people.It would take a million Buharis to change Nigeria

That will not be the case if one Buhari is sincere about the change he preaches.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by abdo123: 4:15am On Apr 22, 2016
We have similar issues here too in lokoja, Kogi state. DPR please do something about n publicizing on our national TV what u r now.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by lordgosh: 4:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Mediapace:
Don't forget,NIGERIA is our home and will always be our home,let's just pray for our leaders.

Who even knows,i can be 9ja president and you will be my firstlady wink

I it ur leaders dt instructed those zombies to to collecting bribes? Church scam clouding our reasoning in dis country li weather.Mctew
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by lordgosh: 4:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Mediapace:
Don't forget,NIGERIA is our home and will always be our home,let's just pray for our leaders.

Who even knows,i can be 9ja president and you will be my firstlady wink

Is it ur leaders dt instructed those zombies to to collecting bribes? Church scam clouding our reasoning in dis country like weather.Mctew
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by donodion(m): 5:23am On Apr 22, 2016
Do not just sit and be praying for CHANGE. Share this measage across all blogs, social mediums and newspaper comment blogs..Be active in ridding our dear nation of same old corrupt practises that has kept us in chains for decades please.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by donodion(m): 5:24am On Apr 22, 2016
Do not just sit and be praying for CHANGE. Share this measage across all blogs, social mediums and newspaper comment blogs..Be active in ridding our dear nation from same old corrupt practises that has kept us in chains for decades please.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by DonBobes(m): 5:58am On Apr 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

Egypt is well knwn for ds
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by ifaomo: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2016
The only thing dat can stop this is dat d govt should ask all not 2 pay more than the regulated oil price after buying your fuel @ whatever price they maybe selling calculate the regulated price against d litres uve bought. And honestly things would start getting back 2 normal.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Reference(m): 6:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Corruption is in our DNA. What do you expect. And they will be the most vocal against others.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by marlockj: 6:13am On Apr 22, 2016
GurlFriend:
An angry reader sent us this mail, alleging that DPR officials are colluding with greedy filling stations to rip Nigerians off

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/help-dpr-is-part-of-cause-of-fuel.html

This guy is actually funny...

150 u Dnt buy...

We here are still buying 200

the issue is this....I blv some station still Hv old stocks...if not price culd Hv conflict....as There is many stations to choose from...

Also some private depo are still selling @ high rate to marketers..... while government depo sell @ a very low rate....those are d station u see sell 89 per litre....the issue is this is not every one Dat cn get fuel in government depo.....Jst as u cnt queue in a station of 89per litre..

Also in government depo u Hv to b a big man or hustle ur way tru bribe....u also Hv to queue for days even weeks....and Evn with all this...wen u bribe to get fuel from government depo...who will b affected is d customers...... now tell me Wich marketers will want to Wait for weeks....or pay huge bribe?

the corruption is in all area... I also put it to u...Dat d reason ur cumin up to say this is Cuz u Dnt Hv Ppl Dat cn easily help u....Cuz if u had...u culd Hv bin corrupt in ur own way.....

U also call dpr corrupt Yes they are....Bt let me tell u sumtin and Wat mkes them corrupt...... 1st how do Dey get d job, how did Dey move to Dat rank...tru diligence u will say....mst Ppl pay their way up...so wen they get There they will wnt to collect their pay bck....

Ask yourself who does dpr who went to Dat station report to?n who Dey will gv the bribe to?oga at d top.....

Ask urself how much do government pay their workers?tell mi how someone will rec 50k a month and a station offer 250k....250k for doing nothing n he will reject...government wrk has neva praise,promote or increase ur salary for doing a good job...if does guys who went to dpr refused to collect Dat bribe Dey will lose d bribe,the oga will cum itself n collect it...

Den u Dat refuse will d removed from d list or possibly move to other area...where u will not see a kobo.....

Finally gov workers reliable on bribes to pay house rent,school fees,food,transport etc

Jst as u Hv called to report...I equally call ncc to report Mtn..with d number ncc give us to report netwrk related cases....I reported to ncc several times...ncc culd not do anything

Only for mi to call again after over 50 complaints.... d ncc girl said she has seen all my complaints.... Dat she wnt to tell mi sumthing..... she said I shuld Nt waste tym calling rather I shuld call Mtn to help mi resolve the issue...... that was wen I knew Dat Nigeria is shiiiit....

2 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by echodrum(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2016
Secretly video them and send the video to the appropriate office. Don't forget to put one on YouTube.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Tellemall: 6:52am On Apr 22, 2016
Babalegba:
Nigeria is a country of messed up people.It would take a million Buharis to change Nigeria

For better or worse? Nothing has changed for Nigeria.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by ijija: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2016
When aribisala says there is no fight against corruption we all shout wolf. What machinery has buhari rolled out to tackle ongoing corruption? Nothing. For somebody who prosecuted the war against indiscipline, I expected he would deploy his information machinery to tackle the corruption menace in a similar manner? Now when police extorts money from me who do I report to? Until we make fundamental changes to our value system, we are going nowhere but down

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by TalkingBird: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2016
Port Harcourt is helpless on this issue.

Fuel still sold at 180 naira and 200 naira.

Who will help regulate the greedy sellers.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by salvation77177: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2016
DPR, shame unto them. There is always a payday for the wicked.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 22, 2016
socialmediaman:

Ordinary Nigerians reading this would be more angry because the dude just complained that the phone numbers of DPR are not going through but you could not offer a single solution. What he is trying to say is your best is just not enough. The same way Nigerian footballers go to the world cup and get eliminated in the first round, then come back to whine about their best, thats how you sound. How can an organization like DPR not have a database and tracking system to monitor their staff? Even MTN and other technology companies provide tracking for vehicles, and you're here requiring the Nigerians you should be thinking ahead of to give you clues, does that sound right? No offense intended

1. That you accuse someone of a crime does not make the person guilty. The burden of proof is on you or the state/law enforcement while the DPR imposes sanctions for erring staff including dismissal, based on the Civil Service Conditions of Service Manual.

2. Government vehicles are now tracked automatically and manually. They are tracked real time and usually in all organizations you fill in a requisition before you are allowed to use company vehicles. In that form you state where you are going to, how long you will likely stay and the associated duties you will be doing.

3. The sensitivity of the situation does not call for high handedness (closing all erring stations). Sanctions are mostly in warnings, temporary shutdowns, FINES and in severe cases arrest and prosecution. The DPR has divisions if you look at their website. They perform various functions in all aspects of the oil and gas value chain. How are we sure the team we saw was on surveillance and not on witnessing calibration/meter prooving, routine HSE Inspection,Groundwater Pollution Investigation etc.?

4. Like I said, The DPR is possibly first ensuring that products are at least sold and not hoarded. Then when the situation is right they will probably immediately focus on regulating prices. This is not the first scarcity in Nigeria's history and the associated organizations (including DPR) have always brought it under control.

5. The rate at which major marketers get products is different from independent marketers. The DPR did not cause this. The DPR does not import nor fixes prices. If they close all independent marketers for selling over exdepot price, you will shut down a considerable chunk of retail outlets and Nigerian's will not be happy as it will further deepen the problem. That their numbers are not going through does not imply that it is intentional. That your number did not go through the last time it did so does not make you guilty of a crime or dereliction of duty. There many factors that could have led to that.

6. I am not saying they are all Saints-The DPR Staff. Distant from it. I am saying make sure you understand how they work and that you have enough evidence. Otherwise you will be falsely accusing them.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2016
seunajia:

Guided by who, you? Take several seats you double speaking saboteur.

In one breath we shouldn't make reports of visible acts of corruption. Are we children? Everyone on the thread is wrong about your corrupt DPR friends save you, yes? You bended and twisted the silly story of yours, yet. Later it is that independent marketers blahblah.

Preach to yourself!

Your screaming, e-rage and anger has solved nothing. Burning people,closing all stations, making accusations and some other shocking things I have read here do not amount to solutions. You are the accuser, judge and jury in your own complaint.

Nowhere did I say do not report any corrupt government official. Please do so they will be investigated. Do not rush to pronounce them guilty!

Usually enforcement teams go out to sanction any erring station selling above pump price. And the sanction nowadays is the free dispensing of products from any station observed to be selling above pump price. But before certain actions are taken some DPR staff go on investigation and fact finding exercise. They do not just shut down a facility due to reports without ''ground-truthing'' the allegations. Give them time to do their jobs, investigate and set up their task force teams in emergencies such as this. Report who ever you suspect but allow them investigate and impose sanctions.

If there is any part of my "story" you don't like, please flag it and discuss why you think so. Practicing your editing skills with my post is always welcomed.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by chuksmad(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Those that are seeing fuel to buy at the rate of 150/ltr should thank their stars. Here at Uyo, fuel is still selling between 180-200 per liter. with no hope of getting it lesser.
Those DPR should be active at Uyo to stop these madness, but nope. that is not their concern.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by rumaabk(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
MalcoImX:
It's true. That's why someone is suggesting the problem be treated as an emergency. It will be good if military are drafted to stations to enforce official price. Even in the worst of scarcities, you find one or two stations selling at official rate. If those truthful ones selling at regulated price can make profit, then the recalcitrants must be made to fall in line. They have no reason for what they are doing.

Oga even military stationed at filling stations collected bribe to allowed people enterred through exit gate. The only solution is total dereguation of downstream oil sector.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by str8talk1: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Yes,Nigeria is a country wt messed up pple,but we need more than a million radicals and reformers to get rid off bad eggs(Buhari inclusive) in our midst.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
rumaabk:

Oga even military stationed at filling stations collected bribe to allowed people enterred through exit gate. The only solution is total dereguation of downstream oil sector.
Na wa o! There has yo be a way out.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by seunajia: 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Your screaming, e-rage and anger has solved nothing. Burning people,closing all stations, making accusations and some other shocking things I have read here do not amount to solutions. You are the accuser, judge and jury in your own complaint.

Nowhere did I say do not report any corrupt government official. Please do so they will be investigated. Do not rush to pronounce them guilty!

Usually enforcement teams go out to sanction any erring station selling above pump price. And the sanction nowadays is the free dispensing of products from any station observed to be selling above pump price. But before certain actions are taken some DPR staff go on investigation and fact finding exercise. They do not just shut down a facility due to reports without ''ground-truthing'' the allegations. Give them time to do their jobs, investigate and set up their task force teams in emergencies such as this. Report who ever you suspect but allow them investigate and impose sanctions.

If there is any part of my "story" you don't like, please flag it and discuss why you think so. Practicing your editing skills with my post is always welcomed.

I must let you know it is disingenuous how you keep shifting your stance on this issue. It is a pointer to some flaw.

Again, I must remind you we are not kids. So you can't simply throw some gobbledegook at us and expect us to cower. No. How many stations have been closed down? How many people are face trial for fraud over this issue?

People speak of change but won't be it. Every curse that we heap on the system for not changing is actually ours if we won't be change.

The OP mentioned DPR officials coming to make noise and leaving after getting aggrandisement. The stations were not closed and are still functional as we speak. Yet you're championing fraud.

If calling out hypocrisy is "practising editing", then by all means, I shall and heap curses on perpetrators, perpetuators and saboteurs while at it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 Budget: Presidency, National Assembly Agree / PDP Rejects Kwankwaso’s Son-in-law As Kano Governorship Flagbearer / Tinubu Chased Out Of France. Now In Turkey.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.