Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,466 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 (1996 Views)

Atiku At The Wedding Of Abba Bello Haliru, Son Of Haliru Mohammed Bello / King Bubu And The Noise Makers - / King Bubu: A Coward-in-chief? (from Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
King Bubu, the Fulani Herdsmen, and the oil vandals

1. In the first year of the reign of King Bubu son of Hari, She-cow and his band of brigands were repelled by commanders loyal to King Bubu son of Hari.

2. Many She-cow’s men were felled by the swords, and many surrendered. She-cow fled with some of his men into the recess of Sambissa wilderness.

3. A commander of the King’s army, Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia continued to pursue and kill or capture several of them and he freed several hostages taken by the bandits.

4. “We shall spare those who surrender and we shall treat them humanely; those who continue to strife with us, we shall not spare!” declared, Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia.

5. But She-cow and his band of terrors are not the only terror in the land (for the land was full of strife.)

6. From the lands to North (homeland of King Bubu son of Hari the cattle rearer), and beyond, wandering shepherds and cattle rearers rampage the land to the south. Fulani herdsmen they are called.

7. They herd their cattle by day, and ply terror by night, and sometimes in daylight.

8. And the Fulani herdsmen attack and ravaged the district of Agatu in the center of Nigira, killing hundreds, burning, and looting in wanton manner.

9. The people of Agatu who escaped set up camps and tents where they tend their wounds and wounded.

10. The Fulani herdsmen thereafter occupy the land with their armed men and cattle numbering up to five thousand.

11. Thereupon these Fulani herdsmen attacked other communities to the South towards the West, and to the East and several other places, killing, maiming, and taking hostage for ransom.

12. The people cried to King Bubu son of Hari saying, “O, good King may you live long. Fulani herdsmen are killing us. They destroy our farms, raze our houses, and kill our people. Put an end to their menace, and save us from their terror.”

13. King Bubu son of Hari responded saying, “We must protect the Fulani herdsman from cattle rustlers who attack them and steal their cattle. The cattle are important source of meat for the kingdom. Lo, we shall purchase from foreign shores grasses for the cattle, so that they herdsmen will have grass in abundance.”

14. “We shall take some of your lands and plant these grasses so that the cattle may journey there and graze all year round,” added King Bubu son of Hari

15. And when some people gathered to discuss the menace of the herdsman, King Bubu’s men arrested them, and caused them to be detained in his prison.

16. And would not free them until they have parted with several bags sum of gold in ransom.

17. And the Fulani herdsmen continue to ravage farmlands, pillage homes, and kill and maim.

18. King Bubu son of Hari would not hold them to account, for they are his tribesman, and they are cattle herder just like him, and his father.

19. And when in the South, by the creeks, rebels, and unknown men continued to ruptured chambers where the Nigira’s oil, milk and honey were kept so that it may waste and they might steal from it, King Bubu son of Hari was angry.

20. “I will crush ye as I did She-cow and his band of murderous brigands,” vowed King Bubu.

21. And Rinoe son Omkree responded to King Bubu son of Hari saying, “Fulani herdsmen attack and kill people everywhere unhindered, wherefore have thou not crushed them as thou crushed She-cow and his band of barbarians?”

22. The people murmured saying, “We cannot allow our lands be taken and kept for Fulani herdsmen and the cattle, for we need our lands to raise crops and pass on to our offsprings, and would not share them with herdsmen who wield dangerous weapons of war.”

More at
www.hotchapters.com

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by MalcoImX: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
From Vernon Howard's Q&A session
|
Why is criticism so popular?
Because it requires no intelligence.

What is meant by instant recovery?
It’s a skill for returning to yourself instantly after getting kidnapped by a harmful feeling.

We feel encouraged when you assure us we can make it.
Do you know what — it’s far more than an encouragement — it’s a beautiful fact.

I don't know how to change myself.
What’s that got to do with it? Keep going.

You said I can change the entire world. How?
Change your reactions to the world and the whole world changes for you.

Why can’t I get help from friends?
Why cant a carrot get help from rabbits?

Give us a liberating message.
You need never pretend to be unafraid.

What must I understand about heartache?
It’s a condition but not a necessity.

How can I see myself as I really am?
Ask whether other people might see you different from the way you see yourself.

I feel tied down by invisible ropes.
The ropes are your own wrong thoughts which higher insight can break.

Give us the first step for ending suffering.
Stop denying that you suffer from being you.

It’s hard to even ask intelligent questions.
I’m just waiting for someone to ask if they will be tap dancing in heaven.

Please summarize these teachings.
You suffer from being who you now are. We will show you how to end suffering by becoming someone else.

I want to find this new world you speak about.
Then don’t be like a duck who thinks that his private pond is a great ocean.

Why do riches and fame fail to satisfy?
Because a decorated dungeon is still a dungeon.

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by dejt4u(m): 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by DaBullIT(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
mumus
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by otukpo(f): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
This OP has come again.

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Babalegba(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mischievous wailer again.They would find fault with everything but have no solution to proffer
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Babalegba:
Mischievous wailer again.They would find fault with everything but have no solution to proffer

I'm not employed to offer solution (not that it will even be accepted), let those so employed do their jobs. Consider me a biographer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
otukpo:
This OP has come again.

hehehehe, what were you thinking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Beremx(f): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
I bia kwala ozo Mazi PointB. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beremx:
I bia kwala ozo Mazi PointB. grin

Nne, e nakwa enjoy change gi? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Beremx(f): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
PointB:

Nne, e nakwa enjoy change gi? cheesy
enweghi ihe m na enjoy o! as long as a ka m n'azu fuel 150naira per litre na ihe di zi onu ugbu a, nna, iwe ewegbu o la m! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by pangea2: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Great
PointB keep it up and please also update us
The chronicles of the Shiite massacre

4 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by fitzmayowa: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Following...
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beremx:
enweghi ihe m na enjoy o! as long as a ka m n'azu fuel 150naira per litre na ihe di zi onu ugbu a, nna, iwe ewegbu o la m! angry

hehehe,
Okpa anyi gbara gi? Ge buru oki aruala ni shi, soro tunye re ya vote. Ngbanu oge erule, me yaa enjoy. O wu ihe iji aka gi do. cheesy cheesy

Anyway, oga 'dinma.

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
pangea2:
Great
PointB keep it up and please also update us
The chronicles of the Shiite massacre

You have to read:
http://www.hotchapters.com/2016/04/11/the-acts-of-king-bubu-son-of-hari-chapter-3-verses-1-31/

Excerpts:

25. “Ye shall not pass!” they told Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia and his men.
26. And fearing they might lose face with the people, Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia and his men descended upon the followers of the zealot Zaki son of Zakki and cut several down with their swords.

Not a full story but woven as part of a larger plot.

1 Like

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by pangea2: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
PointB:

You have to read:
http://www.hotchapters.com/2016/04/11/the-acts-of-king-bubu-son-of-hari-chapter-3-verses-1-31/

Excerpts:

Not a full story but woven as part of a larger plot.

Lol
God will deliver Nigeria from the hands of the Fulani mafia

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
pangea2:

Lol
God will deliver Nigeria from the hands of the Fulani mafia

Very well said.

It's up to God. Mortal men shall fail.

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Ganiyat72(f): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Beremx:
Ntor, onwe be gi ife ifuru

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Ganiyat72(f): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
pangea2:

Lol God will deliver Nigeria from the hands of the Fulani mafia
Amen

1 Like

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ganiyat72:
Ntor, onwe be gi ife ifuru

Ibo claiming Yoruba,no suprises.
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
When Rotumi, son of Amaechina appeared before the Scribes, he spake:

"Thus sayeth King Bubu and I. We shall build a transport channel through the wilderness from South Damascus to East Macedonia and it shall cost 60 shekels of gold"

TO BE CONTINUED

2 Likes

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by Malawian(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
PointB:

1. In the first year of the reign of King Bubu son of Hari, She-cow and his band of brigands were repelled by commanders loyal to King Bubu son of Hari.

2. Many She-cow’s men were felled by the swords, and many surrendered. She-cow fled with some of his men into the recess of Sambissa wilderness.

3. A commander of the King’s army, Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia continued to pursue and kill or capture several of them and he freed several hostages taken by the bandits.

4. “We shall spare those who surrender and we shall treat them humanely; those who continue to strife with us, we shall not spare!” declared, Bura the snake charmer, son of Tyia.

5. But She-cow and his band of terrors are not the only terror in the land (for the land was full of strife.)

6. From the lands to North (homeland of King Bubu son of Hari the cattle rearer), and beyond, wandering shepherds and cattle rearers rampage the land to the south. Fulani herdsmen they are called.

7. They herd their cattle by day, and ply terror by night, and sometimes in daylight.

8. And the Fulani herdsmen attack and ravaged the district of Agatu in the center of Nigira, killing hundreds, burning, and looting in wanton manner.

9. The people of Agatu who escaped set up camps and tents where they tend their wounds and wounded.

10. The Fulani herdsmen thereafter occupy the land with their armed men and cattle numbering up to five thousand.

11. Thereupon these Fulani herdsmen attacked other communities to the South towards the West, and to the East and several other places, killing, maiming, and taking hostage for ransom.

12. The people cried to King Bubu son of Hari saying, “O, good King may you live long. Fulani herdsmen are killing us. They destroy our farms, raze our houses, and kill our people. Put an end to their menace, and save us from their terror.”

13. King Bubu son of Hari responded saying, “We must protect the Fulani herdsman from cattle rustlers who attack them and steal their cattle. The cattle are important source of meat for the kingdom. Lo, we shall purchase from foreign shores grasses for the cattle, so that they herdsmen will have grass in abundance.”

14. “We shall take some of your lands and plant these grasses so that the cattle may journey there and graze all year round,” added King Bubu son of Hari

15. And when some people gathered to discuss the menace of the herdsman, King Bubu’s men arrested them, and caused them to be detained in his prison.

16. And would not free them until they have parted with several bags sum of gold in ransom.

17. And the Fulani herdsmen continue to ravage farmlands, pillage homes, and kill and maim.

18. King Bubu son of Hari would not hold them to account, for they are his tribesman, and they are cattle herder just like him, and his father.

19. And when in the South, by the creeks, rebels, and unknown men continued to ruptured chambers where the Nigira’s oil, milk and honey were kept so that it may waste and they might steal from it, King Bubu son of Hari was angry.

20. “I will crush ye as I did She-cow and his band of murderous brigands,” vowed King Bubu.

21. And Rinoe son Omkree responded to King Bubu son of Hari saying, “Fulani herdsmen attack and kill people everywhere unhindered, wherefore have thou not crushed them as thou crushed She-cow and his band of barbarians?”

22. The people murmured saying, “We cannot allow our lands be taken and kept for Fulani herdsmen and the cattle, for we need our lands to raise crops and pass on to our offsprings, and would not share them with herdsmen who wield dangerous weapons of war.”

More at
www.hotchapters.com
not much poetry and sophistry in this piece. could have at least coined a new name for the herdmen. we are meant to be imagining as we read along.
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by myola(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
PointB:

More at
www.hotchapters.com
will you mind if i share on my whatsapp?
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Malawian:

not much poetry and sophistry in this piece. could have at least coined a new name for the herdmen. we are meant to be imagining as we read along.

You have a point bro,
I was trying to bring it closer to the real thing for sake of global audience. I have to work on the poetry though, and maybe add more dialogue.

1 Like

Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
myola:

will you mind if i share on my whatsapp?

Not a problem, just credit www.hotchapters.com
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by dejt4u(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2016
PointB:

hehehehe, what were you thinking?

can we have more please...

Part 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2587245/acts-king-mumu-son-hari?

Part 1 https://www.nairaland.com/2174898/tribulation-jonah-chapter-one-verses#31227251

Part 3 pleeeeeeaaaaase
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by PointB: 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
dejt4u:
can we have more please...

Part 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2587245/acts-king-mumu-son-hari?

Part 1 https://www.nairaland.com/2174898/tribulation-jonah-chapter-one-verses#31227251

Part 3 pleeeeeeaaaaase

Part 3 undecided undecided

You lagged behind O Dej son of 4u!

I haven't had much time to put in for a while, but surely you should be asking for Chapter 25, not part 3.

Read all the HotChapters following the link below. Will write more when I have time:
http://www.hotchapters.com/2016/08/15/chapter-24-king-of-the-north/
Re: The Acts Of King Bubu Son Of Hari Chapter 8 by dejt4u(m): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
PointB:

Part 3 undecided undecided

You lagged behind O Dej son of 4u!

I haven't had much time to put in for a while, but surely you should be asking for Chapter 25, not part 3.

Read all the HotChapters following the link below. Will write more when I have time:
http://www.hotchapters.com/2016/08/15/chapter-24-king-of-the-north/
alright boss

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Support The Break Up Of Nigeria / Police Invade PDP National Convention Venue, Seal Up The Shark Stadium (pics) / Man Escapes Death By Whiskers After Policemen Opened Fire On His Car. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.