Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,307 members, 7,904,291 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding (12508 Views)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by tboss2(m): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2009
michelin89:

You sabi read so?

Na you sabi! cheesy
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2009
[
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by joel123(m): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2009
This is a serious matter in deed, but the solution is in your hand.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by denony(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2009
I can't imagine how a wife will be beating a husband
maybe u are smaller than the wife or what.

My brother it's a pity that u are going through this hell
that's women for you, they hide their main character
during friendship, but once they are married, they
display every bit of it, you are lucky she never have a kid

that will make her stand firm to slap and peat u more
cos u can't divorce her anymore.
may God help u out of this terrible situation.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by MrKelly: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2009
@ poster,

Marriage is not always a bed of roses. Those who have a successful marriage today had gone through crises that could even be worse than yours. The early years are usually filled with trials and crises. The devil will always fight to destroy God's instituted union but remember you made a covenant before God on the day of your wedding. Please try not to break that covenant.

Real men dont run away from problems, they face it. Divorcing and remarrying will not solve the problem. You both need to go for counselling. Remember it takes two to tango, your wife cannot fight you without a course except if she is insane, so stop doing things that provokes your wife to anger. Pray to God to intervene in your marriage and back it up with positive attitude and your wife will be amazed with the transformation in you and will have no choice than to change. No responsible woman will like to destroy what took her years to build. There must be something you are doing wrong so you need a self examination too.

Wish you all the best and  may the Lord be with you.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by penfold(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2009
Time to take her to MFM for deliverance and exorcism, she is possessed
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2009
Mr Kelly:

@ poster,

Marriage is not always a bed of roses. Those who have a successful marriage today had gone through crises that could even be worse than yours. The early years are usually filled with trials and crises. The devil will always fight to destroy God's instituted union but remember you made a covenant before God on the day of your wedding. Please try not to break that covenant.

Real men dont run away from problems, they face it. Divorcing and remarrying will not solve the problem. You both need to go for counselling. Remember it takes two to tango, your wife cannot fight you without a course except if she is insane, so stop doing things that provokes your wife to anger. Pray to God to intervene in your marriage and back it up with positive attitude and your wife will be amazed with the transformation in you and will have no choice than to change. No responsible woman will like to destroy what took her years to build. There must be something you are doing wrong so you need a self examination too.

Wish you all the best and  may the Lord be with you
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by sirt1(m): 11:58am On Aug 07, 2009
@ OP

Honestly, this is a serious matter. From your response, u said two of u dated for 10yrs and I'm surprised u didn't know her enough.I know that no one can know his or her partner in totality, but if u play with your eyes opened, I believe u should be able to predict what he/she can do to some extent.

Your wife did not change. It was you that refused to see when it matters most-----during courtship. Let me quickly say this----singles in the house, pls take note and learn from others----you can not change anybody. You are not God. This is a common saying among young courting partners. When did u become Jesus? Even as a genuinely born again xtians, how may souls did you convert/turn to christ. If the answer is NO, then what gave you the assurance that you can change your partner-----character/behaviour is in-built----changing it might prove a little bit difficult.

So bros, you have entered it and there is no going back if truely you meant what you said. I wish you a happy home----but you got a role to play!!!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nonnyl(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
Divorce is not better but there are many ways to kill a rat either u tire rope on its neck or set a trap 4 it so,bros if she gives u headache why not send her to her parents or leave the house 4 her 4 at least 4mnths, lol
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Nonnyl:

Divorce is not better but there are many ways to kill a rat either u tire rope on its neck or set a trap 4 it so,bros if she gives u headache why not send her to her parents or leave the house 4 her 4 at least 4mnths, lol

The dude is talking about his wife and you talking about killing a rat.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by PurestBoy(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
Maybe she's the breadwinner while you're just a bread eater and you couldn't clean the house at the right time?? Just guessing
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Connoisseur(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
@poster
if u ve courted her long enough or paid close attention, u wld ve noticed d telltale signs.
My sincere opinion, try everything in ur power to change her, bt if she dosent call it off. The decision wld be difficult bt worth it in d long run cos no man(woman) deserves 2 lead an unhappy life in d name of 'for better for worse'. Meanwhile, examine urself closely, what really went wrong.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
Connoisseur:

@poster
if u ve courted her long enough or paid close attention, u wld ve noticed d telltale signs.
My sincere opinion, try everything in ur power to change her, bt if she dosent call it off. The decision wld be difficult bt worth it in d long run cos no man(woman) deserves 2 lead an unhappy life in d name of 'for better for worse'. Meanwhile, examine urself closely, what really went wrong.

u cant change anyone, except the person wanted to be changed
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by laudate: 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
Mr Kelly :

@ poster,

Wish you all the best and  may the Lord be with you.

Omo, if for say na term paper be dis, na A-plus you go get!! Na correct advice you give for here. Abeg, give me one hi-five, jare! cheesy

Obotte:
@post
My dear am sure your story should be two sided but you are giving us one side of it. marriage is a union of two individuals with different background, even if you court for 7 years before marriage there are things you can not change in a person so you have to tolerate one another. You only talk of your wife what about you? Are you sure you are not the one fermenting trouble and when she reacts to your trouble, hers becomes over bearing for you?

My brothers and sisters in NL suggest you divorce her, am sure they don't know what marriage is all about  a sacred union. Let me give you illustration or example you should think over. Marriage is like a house with time it will develop problems (leakage in the case of a real house), what will you do if your house leaks, will you abandon it and build another? If you say yes than you will continue abandoning all the houses you will leave all your life because a house must always have leakage or some problems that requires fixing.

Conclusively, try to see areas you are not doing well and improve on them and areas she is not doing well and talk it out with her. Am sure she loves you and you love her that's why you got married at first. Think of it like a house you are the head of the marriage fix it, don't chicken out or abandon it.

Truer words have never been spoken! wink Ol' boy, there is more to this story than you are telling us. A woman cannot suddenly change without any good reason. What exactly did YOU do to provoke her to this stage? Some things that seem like a minor issue to a few people, may end up being a deal breaker to others.Was there emotional abuse? Repeated acts of infidelity on your part? Family pressure? Did you have a child out of wedlock behind her back? Was she pushed to the wall by your words & actions? Is she suffering from depression? Did you date an -ex who vowed you would never know happiness after you had messed up her life? Maybe, her words have come home to roost. You never can tell. Just what exactly took place to turn your wife from a gentle person to someone who suddenly has the guts & ability to slap you around??

"To thine own self be true". If you don't sit down, look deep within u & try to fix the cracks in your marriage that has led to this state of affairs, things will not change. Don't shop for excuses.

Its easy to get out & marry someone else. But another new set of problems could re-occur with that new chic that could make this one seem like child's play.  sad

Before you call it quits, make sure you have done all you can do to make things work, so that there would be no regrets at the end of the day.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by ausbones(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2009
i am sitting right here with my wify and she whispered that you should beat her once. well just dont call it off yet. i think you guys should see a counsellor and go thru thorough counselling it will work some. then keep praying, you can also talk it over with her family. i wish you best of luck. e no easy sha!!!!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by 4llerbe(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
u see this is a result of the crap a lot of folks spout around, 1 man 1 wife, beta worse, manage her bla bla bla CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
i suppose u did the usual CHRISTIAN CRAP CALLED COURTSHIP. u folks really need to wake up and stop letting stupid half brained girls and folks like pastors fool u! see the crap u have to put up with now all in the name of love and IM MARRIED 4 BETA OR WORSE. jeez, the fact that u put up this thread shows how stupid u are!!!!! sorry!!!! but hw in God`s name did u get in this kind of crap? and don`t tell me she changed, when u was supposed to be dating her wat things did u notice that were crap? noting abi? stupid you. dude, if and only u can grow a pair of balls u wuld knw exactly wat to do. no advice frm me cos i knw for a fact that u can`t take any advice! i dnt get, her pussy so sweet or wat? jeez, im sorry for u o! really! infact i dnt think u qualified to marry in the first place and it aint about how old u are!
whining on nland my wife beats me?!!!! God, i hope u grow old and grey with her so she spoils watever is good about ur pathetic life, u disgrace to manhood. them plenty for town, pussywhipped men, and women who at forty look like witches and control absolutely everything about their homes, hope she kills you to inherit ur stuff too.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
undecided
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by topup: 2:49am On Aug 08, 2009
FLGators:

Topup, those questions do not matter.

She's abusing and beating him. I don't know why people continue to differentiate female abuse from male abuse. They're both morally wrong.

He. . . .the poster. . . . needs to take her back to her village, because if he starts his own beating, her family go soon plan a funeral. Rem. female beating is not really taken as a crime, esp if he's herhusband.

I haven't even given my advice lol and you're assuming I've got double standards. The idea is that I want to understand the reasons behind the deeper problems, the deeper problems matter more than the beating, I mean everyone who abuses someone has a reason for doing so. If we see why the beating occurs, then maybe he can prevent it. I'm not quite clear on who's beating who, a post back on page one mentioned it might be the guy saying he's beating his wife because of it.

Even if he did deserve a beating, I would not advocate it, but there is advice where you tell the person to avoid/leave because the person will never change, and there is advice that you would tell them why things happen, and then advise them to observe if there are changes.

Trying the best within a marriage is much better advice to give than telling everyone to walk, out give and leave.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by franel79(m): 4:48am On Aug 08, 2009
Read Articles on Marital Problems Here: http://marital-problems-and-solutions..com/
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by N101: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2009
@poster

ProfJabura: but I noticed that someone pray for her before the wedding and told her her husband might marry another person. she told me but I told her all is in her hand and her behaviour to me.
Now is had a delay now. But just because of the Church and God and Jesus involve it not so. I will urgently go for divorce.
Do you not think you're making your wife's insecurities a self-fulfilling prophecy? 

Rather than reassuring your wife that the so-called prophesy was nonsense you basically give yourself a "get out" clause with a weak "is in her hand and behaviour to me".  Do you not think you owe her a bit more than that?  If that was the case, why marry in the first place if you knew at any "behaviour" on her part would lead to you wanting to divorce her?

If you courted for 10 years as you said, I'm not convinced there weren't some traits before you got married.  People rarely become another person without red flags preceding any change in behaviour.

If what you've said is anything to go by, I'm not convinced that communication between you is as good as it should have been in the time you have known each other. 

And please don't blame your wife or God or Jesus if you choose to duck out of your marriage without making every effort to save it.

To some of you posters who talk about women changing after marriage - I hope all of you who are saying this talk from experience.  Men change too, there's a thread here about a woman whose husband changed after marriage and not for the better.  But I guess that's ok right? 

Which ever way it is, it takes two people to tango.  Marriage is no more an eye-opener than love is blind; neither is true if you know how to communicate and get to know the intricacies and personality of the person you are committing to, rather than misdirecting your focus on looks and sex.  Sex is only a component, it takes a lot more than that and an attractive spouse to make a marriage work.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by chuddyh: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
Wait aminute! did you say you dont want offend God and Jesus? So to you they seperable? Well for your wife you better be a man and take charge. I dont subscribe to divorce but you can have your way if you wish, its a man's world.Takia.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2009
aye. a man's world-no doubt. and she's beating him silly! grin
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by blueteeth: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2009
Divorce,simply divorce and move on.She's a witch!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by RoseA(f): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2009
Helloo i was dating a guy who promise to mary me,letter it didint whork out like that we seperate moreover he was my 1st date. after that . i fall in love with a guy whom i love soo much but the is not helping the matter he is her in abuja anyway but he dont call even if i call he say ah i have trying ur line he will say ah i will send money for u which i did not ask for it. which he will never do so and even if he came to abuja he will just call and tell me that he is in abuja but i should not come but he always send me a massage that i should not forget that he love me, so what will i do should i still belive that. pls halp me.
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by sherrylo: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2009
@blueteeth na wah for you oo, you see blood for her mouth abi how you take know say na witch?

@poster marriage is meant for enjoying not for enduring! if he no work I beg find a way out nothing is worth hyper for this life!!!
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2009
Prof I feel bad for you man,it's true that people make a 360 but truly the signs would be there during courtship you must have stayed on for a reason.And am sure that if yopur wife had kids you would not be so comfortable with bivorce as an option.But since she's not reproducing yet you moght want to trake that option,cos there's no justification for domestic brutality.

I dont get women,they make such a case against domestic violence and just when we realise how barbaric it really is they turn around and visit it upon us.Guy run if you can, ya heard?
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by jpphilips(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2009
i'm kinda suprised that u are just getting to know ur wife after ur wedding. Are u saying u guys didnt court before tying the knots?. It's strange. Very strange. As a couple, u guys are supposed to know eachother inside out before saying the vows.

my dear, these days anything is possible, the woman decides everything for the man

No sex b4 marriage
No visiting Except in the presence of a family member
No lifting of strangers
No permanent residence no Marriage
No Wedding in your church except for Mine

well, with these conditions i cant make any vow to God cos all will turn out to be for Worse grin grin

@ poster

About beating you, na waoooooo, she dey Gym?
abi you dey fear am?
hey, welcome to MARITAL HELLFIRE

Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by gent2ken(m): 2:03am On Aug 09, 2009
Really i do not know wat to say to this as a lady though, but i think i'v got a little knowldge to share with u, First of all, i believe guys dated for a while before u ended up marrying each other and by that i would also believe that u would know some of her attitudes if not all at least to most extent, though pple do hide their behaviour , i mean anybody can but it doesn't last forever. Second of all did u love her and do u still love her the way u used to, b4 the marriage ? Was she also really in love with u before ur marriage ? U may be wondering why i asked this questions, u dont av to. I asked the questions not only becos i'm a lady but because to my best of knowledge, there are three most important things that cud lead to her change of attitudes towards u and they are somehow simple , as in they are likely to be the cause of the problems u av been facing in ur marriage.

Firstly, it may be u never took ur time when u were in courtship to really know her, i mean know her deeply, like becoming her best friend, someone she cud tell anything now matter how bad, trust me its really important cos after love in marriage there is always something left behind for the couple to keep them going as one and i'm sure some pple will agree with me that, that one thing is called true frienship because marriage is not a joke and when u try to joke with it , u may end up being the joke in your marriage.

Secondly, av searched ur mind , maybe u'v done some pretty bad things to her in the past i mean before marriage? things happens know and women can be very funny at time, they always wait for the day to pay men back in thier own coin atleast if not always, most of the time they do.

Thirdly, did u marry her on d basis of love ? did u by any chance confuse her or trick her into marrying u? U know, u never can tell pple can be desperate at times, and did u notice if she was really reciprocating to ur love b4 u married her ? Or was there something u used to do or give to her before marraige and probably u stoped it after ur marriage? And what has been her realtionship with ur family and urs to hers ?

Think deeply and find out if there's any louphole in all dis that i mentioned, it cud really help ur marriage a lot and even save it . But if not its means she's just that way or probably u guys are not really meant for each other . You really av to look into all dis things and i'm sure something good will come out of it. Good luck to u,
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by gent2ken(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2009
Hey guys, I dont know if ther's reall love again and what to do next. It really rediculous to say bt how will you feel when you realised your girl friend lied to you and went for long with her xboy friend FRIEND and spend 5hours in his house. After 2 or3days you now got to know it and she denied it,pls guys this is reall and serious, I dont want to say deep of this matter but when someone you love most in this world and claim to be very innocent to you lied to you and was caught, still denied it, pls what will you do
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by patorini(m): 12:09am On Aug 10, 2009
undecided undecided But you married her
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 10, 2009
blueteeth:

Divorce,simply divorce and move on.She's a witch!
Naija!!!

"Nigeria is buring"
"Na witch cause am"

How you take know sef? Dem say na members of "egbe" go recognize each other
Re: Help Me Out -my Wife Change Completely After Wedding by TOPE20001(f): 12:27am On Aug 10, 2009
fayahsoul:

Make her stop perming her hair.

Rofl . . . . what has that got to do with anything undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sure Home Online Marriage Seminar: 40th Wedding Anniversary Edition / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? / Bad Sperm Parameters Fixable With Natural Herbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.