Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,512 members, 7,888,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:55 AM

Age Of Consent? (Sex). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Of Consent? (Sex). (997 Views)

There's No Law Setting Age Of Consent To 18Years / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter / Countries With The Lowest Age Of Consent In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Cholls(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
My brothers and sisters...........If you had the power to set the legal "age of consent", what would you do?
By that I mean, would you keep it the same, lower it, or raise it?

In Nigeria and other western countries like Uk, US, is 18 or something like that. Usually if both parties are under 18 then it's ok, but if one isn't and the other is, it's statutory rape. I certainly don't think children should be involved in sex, but I think there's room for the age of consent to come down, really.

So I think my answer would be lower it to 15, because IMO, a 15-year-old would consent to something the same way an 18-year-old would. An 18-year-old's judgment in regards to sex isn't much clearer than a 15-year-old's, if you ask me. 15-year-olds are allowed to work full-time or part-time jobs, and start driving a vehicle... but sex they're not ready for?

What do you think? Would you like to see it raised, lowered, or left the same?
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Tallesty1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
I will raise it to 22
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by iceberylin(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
I see a Potential Pedophile grin
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by halfricanadian(f): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Would pick the age that says " when you are ready for the consequences*
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by layla129(f): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Op, how old are you? So, if they give you a girl of 15 you will devour her? undecided
Can they be trusted to make right decisions for themselves at that age?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
Na d age weh gal start menses and d age weh boy have him1st wet dream go be dia consent age.

So every boy with him certificate of semmen and every gal with her certificate of menses

Shikena.
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Cholls(m): 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
layla129:
Op, how old are you? So, if they give you a girl of 15 you will devour her? undecided
Can they be trusted to make right decisions for themselves at that age?
my sister you're not making sense.

Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Cutehector(m): 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
18 is the best.. but girls as young as 15 are already rotten and spoilt... they will be d ones to write u love letters tellin u to fvck dem shocked

Nobody should quote me

1 Like

Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by falconey(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
Cutehector:
18 is the best.. but girls as young as 15 are already rotten and spoilt... they will be d ones to write u love letters tellin u to fvck dem shocked

Nobody should quote me

Lwkm seriously? for this planet?
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Cutehector(m): 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
falconey:

Lwkm seriously? for this planet?
grin
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by RoyalBlak007: 8:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
halfricanadian:
Would pick the age that says " when you are ready for the consequences*
Hiii!
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Cholls(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
Tallesty1:
I will raise it to 22
my brother why?
Re: Age Of Consent? (Sex). by Tallesty1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Cholls:
my brother why?
Many 18yr olds out there are baby adults

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Girl To Come To Your House / What Do You Think Is Going To Happen Here? (Photo) / My Sister's Wedding To A Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.