Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,388 members, 7,932,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:15 AM

Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal (10054 Views)

ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / I Want To Buy Fuel At The Price Of N45 By Tomorrow- Buhari / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Arnold1(m): 12:58am On Aug 08, 2009
If this is true, Nigeria should take Libya to the UN and demand compensation for the lives
of those executed.

Crimes against humanity
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Horus(m): 1:23am On Aug 08, 2009
[size=15pt]Nigerians protest Lybia’s plan to execute 220 Nigerians[/size]

National News Aug 7, 2009 By Uduma Kalu

Nigerians all over the world have reacted to alleged plans by the Libya plans to execute 220 Nigerians for immigration violations. To save the Nigerian from death, Nigerians in the diaspora have therefore asked the country embassy in Lybia as well as the federal government to intervene saying that already, 30 have been executed by the Libyan authorities.

They have also sent out email accounts of Nigerian embassy officials in Lybia for people to force the embassy to intervene. Already, Sudanese embassy officials are aid to have protested to Lybia against the execution of their citizens. Nigerian government is yet to act.

Reports came yesterday that by today, over 220 illegal immigrants in Libya mostly Nigerians may be executed. It said that out of this number, 30 were allegedly executed in the early hours of Thursday in the prison yard in Tripoli, the Libyan capital.

Among the Nigerian illegal immigrants awaiting execution in Libya is a 37-year-old Benedict Ukoma Jude from Imo State who was arrested along with other Nigerians for entering the country without
valid documents.

The arrested Nigerians are said to be kept separately from other nationals from Ghana, Niger, Cameroun ,Algeria and Mali just as the Nigerians are said to being dehumanized before their alleged execution. An official of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja however was said to have reported that the Nigerian government was not aware of such development.

But the Benedict Ukoma Jude who spoke from his prison cell in Libya Thusrday said most Nigerian illegal immigrants were arrested in the desert while trying to cross to Europe. Benedict, denied being involved in any criminal activity in Libya, adding that the illegal aliens were arraigned before a court after the arrest, and  that the charges against them were read to them in the language they could not understand while the judicial officers feigned
not to understand English.

He alleged that the Libyan authorities have been killing illegalaliens in batches since last week, stressing that the remaining prisoners would be executed tomorrow as over 10 Nigerians were amongthose executed Thursday.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/07/nigerians-protest-lybia%E2%80%99s-plan-to-execute-220-nigerians/
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 1:37am On Aug 08, 2009
This is the same article remixed by another guy but thank God he remembered to mention that it was alleged. Also he clearly stated that Thursday's executions were another allegation.

I have to go and sleep. This new article has just confirmed there is nothing to fear but that mill on Rumourlah road.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by naijaway(m): 4:15am On Aug 08, 2009
I don't know the authenticity of this story but i don't doubt Libya's cowardice in these kinds of situations. I just wish Africans can learn to be aggressive towards north africans because they are occupiers just as they claim israel is to the middle east. We seem to turn a blind eye to their forceful expansion which will soon prove detrimental to our nations especially Nigeria. This is a time our propaganda has to be in effect. These north africans are not only occupiers but also competitors and i wonder why we should be cool with them, they have to be treated like a competitor and not a brotherly competitor.
If this should happen, it would be sad and very sad indeed but should be a turn around in African policy. There should be ways of getting the bodies back to the countries affected and then:
- recall ambassadors after UN and AU complaint;
-Then Nigeria should get the committment of other neighbors in her plans of approach (closed door meetings);
-They should be a general african policy clarifications on relation with Libya and a bigger eye on the rest of the north and a propaganda on toying with the idea of israel taking half of all the current north african countries with a plan of isarel sealing their boundry off inorder to maintain stability or they (north africans) should stay out of the mideast talk because they are guilty of the same charges.
- The military needs to begin planing and the government and other african government need to increase their diplomatic relations with the west and east ie big powers and relevant powers about weapons, deals and neutrality to the issue of relations with north africans. Even if the world looks down on africa, if they see an intelligent and determined plan they will give respect where respect is due.
- Our intelligence has to be on point that way libyans will also be aggressive in their intelligence which will help with the issue of unity in the sense that many fulanis from Nigeria and other countries will come across as suspects to them and they(libyans) will fall into the idea of harrassing anyone different from them and really dividing their allaince with many residual black africans who will not be loyal to the policy changes based on religious views.
- We can increase our presence in Sudan and really be agressive there which will make the libyans do the same and then we can be able to monkey a lot of them far from home and in a country already at war which could escalate to individual countries but if planned right; we would have deleted enough of them when they charge into sudan and the UN and others will be trying to calm things down but we would already be taking them out including current sudan's president. We can catch a couple and claim they tried to blow this or that up in africa, then another one who planned to do something bad in a G5 nation and another one who tried to smuggle this and that; straight up intelligent harrassment and national embrassment and powerful nations doubtness towards them or between us.

Is better we begin planning for these north africans because they really hate us and don't regard us even more than whitees do; Whitees don't really care about us because we don't even stand a chance to be contenders as a whole and they feel they got a good thorough understanding about us while these arabs are just irritated at us, they just wish they had a way to take us back to slavery and if possible control our religion, population and guts. They will strike oneday in a bad way, might be in the nearest future or down the line. Is them that is our cold war because middle east is also behind them. We can use this chance to build a pilgramage in sudan with an excuse of necessity for future reference.
I pray for the souls of those who will be affected but am sorry to say that this would be a continous process including from other north african nations. I pray that peace reigns but I also pray that God gives us the strength and intelligence to move forward whether this threat is real or not.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by JomoGbomo2(m): 5:10am On Aug 08, 2009
its sad that the libyan govt would be taking this strong stand on this case. at least they should have deported them back to their countries and charge their various govt for the deportation fares.

The nigerian govt should also make a statement, as long as these guys weren't tracking drugs then they shouldn't just be killed like a goat.

i no blame them, nah the nigerians we just dey find wetin no loss i go blame, what are they looking for in libya. embarassed
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2009
Ehen, so they've already beheaded 220 Nigerians in Libya? Let's see some pictures and videos please.

People are just talking as if It's "moi-moi" to execute 1 person, let alone 220 Nigerians.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by alias64: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
@JomoGbomo2

[b]
The story seems unlikely. However, the very idea provides an opportunity to discuss a few issues regarding how for the first time in the history of mankind a group of persecuted people, Nigerians, are major contributors to their own dehumanisation.  It is unparalleled. Humans, except us Nigerians, have learned from history that labelling, stereotyping and dehumanisation, precedes the mass exterminations of a victimised people. What labelling and stereotyping does is that it provides justification for mass murder. For example, you stated:

JomoGbomo2
The Nigerian govt should also make a statement, as long as these guys weren't tracking drugs then they shouldn't just be killed like a goat.

Well because racists and some so called “Nigerians” have successfully labelled Nigerians as thieves, rapists, rubbers, fraudsters, drug traffickers and so many other names including, on this board, Devils, the Libyans could kill any number of innocent Nigerians and claim that they were drug traffickers and few would bat an eyelid.   The upshot of this our “Abi na true now culture” is that your mum, dad, siblings aren’t really safe anywhere in the world that they travel. Anyone who is Nigerian and perhaps feisty can be picked out of an airport line (like the Nazi used to point at Jews) and commanded to step out because "we have reason to suspect you of drug trafficking". 

Personally, I have never believed that any person deriding Nigerians and saying something like, “we are the most corrupt people in the world” is a Nigerian. No one in the world, literally, can be that stupid. No nation of people dehumanises themselves and certainly no black nation assist white people to perpetrate racists’ stereotype on them or their nations and I see no reason to believe that Nigerians are stupid enough to do so either.
[/b]
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 09, 2009
@topic~i really feel for those dudes if d story is true.But i only woner wat mr yara'doer wil do abt it cuz if it were to be an american,the american govt wil do everything diplomatic & illegal to protect her citizens,example is the release of some americans arrested in iran,
@nex~u seem to be interested in dis thread.Jst hoping ur folks are nt trapped in dat land,cuz dem arabs aint no joker with sharia law.lol
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2009
angry
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2009
Are they dead yet?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Agbotoba(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2009
I doubt the authenticity of this report.

It may not be totally true.

I will verify thru other means lipsrsealed.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Horus(m): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2009
What the nigerian embassy in libya is saying?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by okohlucas: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2009
i have stayed in libya for two and half years and i noticed the so called embassy we have there is nothing to write home about.if you call them you have a problem, they will not respond.at times they dont even pick up calls. that gave the libyans to break into our houses police or no police to deprive us of what we have. they have uncountable so deportation camp and any time they catch people, they will lock them up as long as they want before they deport them with dirty working clothes they put on. some are locked for a year and half before they allow them to face deportation. i really suffered in libya before i came back home two months ago. to be continued,
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by JamesG: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
And a convicted terrorist from Libya has been welcomed with opened hands in Tripoli.

Lockerbie: Britain's worst terrorist attack  21/08/2009
Dec 21 1988: Pan Am Flight 103 from Heathrow to New York explodes at 31,000ft over Lockerbie, killing all 259 on board and 11 in the town.

Nov 14 1991: Libyans Megrahi and Al Amin Khalifa Fhimah are accused of the bombing using explosives in a stereo, left. Libya denies involvement.
MAY 3 2000: Lockerbie trial opens in the Netherlands under Scottish law.

Jan 31 2001: Megrahi is found guilty of mass murder and jailed for life. Fhimah is found not guilty, freed and greeted by Col Gaddafi in Libya, right.

SEPT 2001: The Mirror reveals evidence of a potential bomb threat at Heathrow hours before Flight 103 was ripped apart was ignored by Lockerbie trial.
A heavy duty padlock on Pan Am's baggage area at Heathrow's Terminal Three had been broken hours before the doomed flight took off.

Mar 14 2002: Judges dismiss Megrahi's first appeal and send him to Barlinnie Prison in Glasgow.

AUG 19 2003: Britain lifts sanctions against Libya after
Tripoli accepts blame for the bombing and agrees to compensate victims' families.

JUNE 28 2007: Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission says Megrahi
may have been the victim of miscarriage of justice and sends the case back to the appeal court.

OCT 21 2008: Megrahi is diagnosed with prostate cancer
which has spread to other parts of his body.

April 29 2009: A prisoner transfer agreement between the UK and Libya comes into force.

Aug 12 2009: Scottish ministers deny reports the decision has been made to release Megrahi.

Aug 20 2009: Scottish justice minister Kenny MacAskill, right, frees Megrahi on compassionate grounds.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/21/lockerbie-britain-s-worst-terrorist-attack-115875-21612720/
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
220 Nigerians to be executed in Libya, are you dead?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by JOSEPHOKO(m): 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
HEMM (SHAKES HEAD) I DON'T THINK THE LIBYAN GOVERNMENT CAN BE SO CALLOUS. I BELIEVE WE HAVE COUNTLESS LIBYANS HERE IN 9JA. IF THE LIBYANS WANNA PUT D BLASTED LIVES OF THEIR NATIONALS RESIDING AT STAKE, THEY SHOULD CONTINUE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onnoghen: IPOB Accuses NJC Of Bias. / Pastor Ayo Exposed As NDA Chief Sponsor / Buahari’s Campaign: APC Commends Akwa Ibom Government For Releasing Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.