Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,094 members, 7,939,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! (7146 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2009
Sala Baba:

This topic is absolutely lie
Ok o !
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2009
@@@@

hey everybody on here come from lagos?

tpia.

you know people always want to see Lagos' downfall nah.

trait!! ANGRY!!!!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by xviconcept: 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2009
rumour roumour rumour
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by bizbone(f): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2009
xviconcept:

rumour roumour rumour
thats all it is rumour from a carrier.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by mayrho(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2009
Guys b4 u start chopping off each others head didn't you guys see it coming
same thing happened in Anambra Oyo etc
If its true you should not be amazed we are still in Nigeria where anything happens
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by dedeike: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2009
if true, its healthy for the development of Lagos. Tinubu is the biggest thug in Nigeria politics. he remains a setback to fashola's govt. all bad sides of Fashola's administration could be traced to Tinubu. it was TINUBU that unilaterally installed council chairmen without party primaries. Tinubu is also the brain behind the illegality called LCDA'S. Tinubu uses Lagos taxpayers money to prosecute AC's political interest in Ekiti,Osun etc. He openly parades himself as the de facto Governor of lagos. maybe he should be reminded that he is not the only former Governor that installed a sucessor.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2009
dedeike

aha

but in the accordance to oduduwa script, he paved way for fashola

so wetin now?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by initiate: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2009
another PDP attempt to distract Lagos.

they tried the local govt issue; no show. now they want to try negative propaganda. pdp will implode very soon cos they are all strange bedfellows brought together by greed and corruption.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2009
^^^

does the above assertion exist??

Fashola should always anticipate the devil at the other side of the door

Fas stay strong

u are a real man without trait

god bless u sir
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by fizzybaba(m): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2009
Apparently from Asiwajus point of view,the accolades going to Fash are getting into his head, & the the payouts (to Tinubu)are reducing on a daily basis due to greater demands from the population on him(Fashola) to perfom. . . . .

very logical explanashun
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2009
now to all the truth haters

watch i was the first to call GOv fashols Fash

should u picture that in the paper

remember superman from Nl

thats just to show u what u are dealin with

fizzybabba

by the way dnt copy me
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by eayo: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2009
I think Tinubu did that because he is human too, and that is to tell us that we should not put our faith in human.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2009
^^^

now only one post

take a look

NO comment
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nezan(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
are their not naija politicians? wat do you expect?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
^^

but Tinubu behaved like a criminal doe

so what yall sayin
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by clomn(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
This should better be una normal rumor if not lagos state will start falling again. But tell Tinubu that hence i am in lagos he cannot stpo Fashola.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by sherrylo: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2009
People and their ways of alwaays trying to put ends to good things, na God go punish all the people looking to see the downfall of Lagos!Eko o ni baje ooo,lai lai ko le baje!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by tunde300us(m): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2009
This obviously is not true,check out the way the story was presented as if he just wanted an headline story.If your source is so reliable why not just come out straight and say it,rather than just beating about the bush and asking to know if its true or not.My ppl EKO ONI BAJE OH !
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2009
First of all, those of you calling the name of Muiz Banire, is that not the current commissioner/minister of environment? Look at him proper and tell me he's not a drug smoking tout. Is that the kind of man you people want to rule the commercial nerve centre of Africa? Better be careful before the Gods unleash their wrath on you. Muiz Banire in the AC is like Gani Adams in OPC.

Then for the people crying that Fashola wants to drive out poor people from Lagos, is it a bad thing? Lagos is a business hub, a social centre, an entertainment zone, a real estate paradise and a tourist attraction. Tell me which of these activities poor people are engaged in there.

I've lived in Lekki for 12 years now, but since the credit crunch came and swept my business under, I packed my bags and headed back home to start all over again. Why can't people think logically? How can I remain in Lagos living on loans, enduring the traffic, living expensively and owing rent when I can go back to my own land, fix my 8 room apartment, amass rent, get a government job, rekindle old links and get free government healthcare and training, then live according to the little savings I have left.

Everybody loves the glitz and glamour of Lagos, but it is not for everyone, everytime. Lagos will not be the first place to tactically push destitutes out, places like Beverly Hills and Cote d'Azure already exist. What's wrong with Lagos trying to be like them?

Please, nobody should bring all those stories that Fashola wants to get rid of poor people in Lagos because it is very obvious he does. There's nothing bad about being rich. Get rich if you want to remain there. Some people will go to Lagos and live for 30 years, yet they're still poor. What exactly are poor people doing in an expensive city? Go home!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
sherrylo
People and their ways of alwaays trying to put ends to good things, na God go punish all the people looking to see the downfall of Lagos!Eko o ni baje ooo,lai lai ko le baje!

and who are those people

as we know the only people are the same yorubas

do u have any doubt??

or u thnk na MEND

shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by tayoTFC(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
UR ARE A PURE RUMOUR CARRIER, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE ALL THIS FALSE STORY AM READING HERE ABOUT THE 2 GREAT LEADER (FASH AND TINUBU) WHO KNOW FASHOLA WHEN HE WAS COMMISSIONERS ? ONLY TINUBU KNOW HIM BETTER , THEY ARE BEST OF FRIEND IF U DONT KNOW, MY FATHER IS A STRONG MEMBER OF AC, AND AIM AN AC FOLLOWER,

IF THE POSTER IS A PDP MEMBER U CAN JUST COME HERE AND RUBBISH OUR 2 GREAT LEADER, IF THEY HAVE MIS-UNDERSTANDY NON OF UR BUZNESS , U DONT NEED TO COME AND RUMOR US HERE,
PRESENTLY OBJ SELECT YAR A (SLOW ) NOW THEY have mis understanding now u cares, PLS GO AWAY FROM HERE ,DROP UR PEN, SHORDOWN UR SYSTEM AND LEAVE THE FORUM UR ARE HERBY EVICTED FROM THE NAIRALAND FORUM 2009 SEASON

READ THIS FOR UR INFORMATION
No Rift Between Fashola, Tinubu’—LASG
June 25, 2009 14:24, 1,482 views

By Kazeem Ugbodaga
The Lagos state government says there has never been a rift between governor Babatunde Fashola and the immediate past governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The government viewed the rumour circulating that there is a rift between the duo as a ploy to distract the government of Fashola. Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Opeyemi Bamidele, who received executive members of the Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), Lagos state branch, in his office yesterday, said the state government was not moved by such fabricated lies. According to him, Fashola and Tinubu had never been at loggerheads, saying “they are trying to distract us.”

Bamidele stated that the fact that Fashola had excelled greatly showed that there had not been rift between him and the former governor. The commissioner noted that the Fashola administration would continue to follow the example of the administration of former governors Mobolaji Johnson and Alhaji Lateef Jakande, by impacting on the lives of the people. On the move by the NIPR, Lagos branch, to build the first ever Public Relations (PR) Estate, Bamidele welcomed the idea. He said the estate would help to enhance the mega-city status of the state, adding that the NIPR is the most relevant organisation that had produced dedicated PR practitioners.

He asked the leadership of the NIPR to document all their challenges and what they think government could do to help them actualise their dreams. Bamidele stated that the state government would network with the NIPR in order to move the state forward. Earlier, the outgoing chairman, NIPR, Lagos branch, Mrs. Nkechi Ali-Balogun, complained that the institute was faced with the problem of funding due to the fact that most members of the body did not pay their dues promptly. “Another challenge is capacity building. Our members are not being trained in line with the new trend. Lagos state government has the capacity to train our members,” she said. She stated that the institute would like to partner with the state government to move the state to greater heights. Ali-Balogun appealed to the state government to give the NIPR a land to build its permanent site as well as ensure that over 300 of its members in the civil service pay their dues promptly.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by olalekan1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2009
white lie indeed.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
tayo
IF THE POSTER IS A PDP MEMBER U CAN JUST COME HERE AND RUBBISH [size=20pt]OUR 2 GREAT LEADER,[/size] IF THEY HAVE MIS-UNDERSTANDY NON OF UR BUZNESS , U DONT NEED TO COME AND RUMOR US HERE,

la ra la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thinkin
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by kayodeO1: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
no big deal,blood brothers also fight and settle it,among themself.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by bombsquad(m): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
nex:

First of all, those of you calling the name of Muiz Banire, is that not the current commissioner/minister of environment? Look at him proper and tell me he's not a drug smoking tout. Is that the kind of man you people want to rule the commercial nerve centre of Africa? Better be careful before the Gods unleash their wrath on you. Muiz Banire in the AC is like Gani Adams in OPC.

You should be ashamed of yourself, Is this the way to speak about our leaders and heroes who sacrifice time,peace of mind and family moments to make our standard of living better?            and why do you have this very lost impression that banire is a drug consumer?someone who is a devout muslim and doesnt even take ciggaretes or smoke alcohol?someone who has been commissioner twice but still drives around in a toyota corrola while his mates and even juniors have fleet of jeeps and expensive cars and houses in choice areas?

banire who would rather use his allowances to give people scholarships and financial support ?  Nex you should really be dissapointed in yourself.I dont mean any insults but i am friends with the PA to  governor fashola and i hear a lot about what goes on in government, Banire is always laughed at because he doesnt know how to spend and live the standard expected of a commissioner.but as i suspect all those things are trivial to him, He doesnt wear expensive clothes and wouldnt even hire a driver.when a driver is imposed on him the dont usually last a month.Most of the policies introdued by the governor are all his ideas and suggestions and the man is usually sick with a fever from too much hard work,

are most of the accolades accredited to the governor not achievements from banire's ministry?tree planting?beautification?dissapearance of floods?BRT which was conceived while banire was transport commissioner?the list goes on my people.

The man is a patriot and wants nothing more than the progress of lagos and the betterment of the standard of living of lagosians.It is because of this dedication,zeal,loyaltyand uncompromising financial discipline that asiwaju can be contemplating him to replace his compatriot Fashola.

Nex,such statements as you have made can never be said by a notherner about his fellow nothern leader, We in the south need to change this attitude.Instead of unity,adolation and praises,we rundown our heroes and wash our dirty linen in public leaving loopholes for the notherners to capitalize on.

FASHOLA AND BANIRE ARE BROTHERS WITH A VERY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP.WHATEVER DECISION ARRIVED BY THE PARTY WILL BE UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED CORDIALLY BY ALL.FASHOLA IS NOT EVEN POWER HUNGRY.JAKANDE WAS THERE FOR FOUR YEARS +AND ACHIEVED A LOT.   YOU DONT REALLY NEED TWO TERMS TO BE REMEMBERED.

Southerners,change your behaviour or we would forever be puppets to the notherners.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by naijatoday: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2009
nex:

First of all, those of you calling the name of Muiz Banire, is that not the current commissioner/minister of environment? Look at him proper and tell me he's not a drug smoking tout. Is that the kind of man you people want to rule the commercial nerve centre of Africa? Better be careful before the Gods unleash their wrath on you. Muiz  Banire in the AC is like Gani Adams in OPC.

Then for the people crying that Fashola wants to drive out poor people from Lagos, is it a bad thing? Lagos is a business hub, a social centre, an entertainment zone, a real estate paradise and a tourist attraction. Tell me which of these activities poor people are engaged in there.

I've lived in Lekki for 12 years now, but since the credit crunch came and swept my business under, I packed my bags and headed back home to start all over again. Why can't people think logically? How can I remain in Lagos living on loans, enduring the traffic, living expensively and owing rent when I can go back to my own land, fix my 8 room apartment, amass rent, get a government job, rekindle old links and get free government healthcare and training, then live according to the little savings I have left.

Everybody loves the glitz and glamour of Lagos, but it is not for everyone, everytime. Lagos will not be the first place to tactically push destitutes out, places like Beverly Hills and Cote d'Azure already exist. What's wrong with Lagos trying to be like them?

Please, nobody should bring all those stories that Fashola wants to get rid of poor people in Lagos because it is very obvious he does. There's nothing bad about being rich. Get rich if you want to remain there. Some people will go to Lagos and live for 30 years, yet they're still poor. What exactly are poor people doing in an expensive city? Go home!  

Lagos is a city, a lot of cities are very expensive and they are not for everybody. Not everybody can afford to live in NY, so they back there bags and move to NJ and CT and commute to NY everyday to work.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by naijatoday: 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
bombsquad:

You should be ashamed of yourself, Is this the way to speak about our leaders and heroes who sacrifice time,peace of mind and family moments to make our standard of living better?            and why do you have this very lost impression that banire is a drug consumer?someone who is a devout muslim and doesnt even take ciggaretes or smoke alcohol?someone who has been commissioner twice but still drives around in a toyota corrola while his mates and even juniors have fleet of jeeps and expensive cars and houses in choice areas?

banire who would rather use his allowances to give people scholarships and financial support ?  Nex you should really be dissapointed in yourself.I dont mean any insults but i am friends with the PA to  governor fashola and i hear a lot about what goes on in government, Banire is always laughed at because he doesnt know how to steal money.He doesnt wear expensive clothes and wouldnt even hire a driver.when a driver is imposed on him the dont usually last a month.Most of the policies introdued by the governor are all his ideas and suggestions and the man is usually sick with a fever from too much hard work,

are most of the accolades accredited to the governor not achievements from banire's ministry?tree planting?beautification?dissapearance of floods?BRT which was conceived while banire was transport commissioner?the list goes on my people.

The man is a patriot and wants nothing more than the progress of lagos and the betterment of the standard of living of lagosians.It is because of this dedication,zeal,loyaltyand uncompromising financial discipline that asiwaju can be contemplating him to replace his compatriot Fashola.

Nex,such statements as you have made can never be said by a notherner about his fellow nothern leader, We in the south need to change this attitude.Instead of unity,adolation and praises,we rundown our heroes and wash our dirty linen in public leaving loopholes for the notherners to capitalize on.

FASHOLA AND BANIRE ARE BROTHERS WITH A VERY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP.WHATEVER DECISION ARRIVED BY THE PARTY WILL BE UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED CORDIALLY BY ALL.FASHOLA IS NOT EVEN POWER HUNGRY.JAKANDE WAS THERE FOR FOUR YEARS +AND ACHIEVED A LOT.   YOU DONT REALLY NEED TWO TERMS TO BE REMEMBERED.

Southerners,change your behaviour or we would forever be puppets to the notherners.

Fashola watch out Banire's men are at work, lol

I hope there are more than one PA (personal Assistant) to Fashola, if not you might have helped your friend lose his/her job. That is if there is someone who knows Fashola and reads this forum.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by bombsquad(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
naijatoday:

I hope there are more than one PA (personal Assistant) to Fashola, if not you might have helped your friend lose his/her job. That is if there is someone who knows Fashola and reads this forum.

My brother as long as there are still five of them and this forum respects annonymity,everyone remains safe.and the truth is made known to the public.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2009
@bombsquad

Banire may not 'smoke alcohol' but he smokes weed and whatever else he can lay his hands on.

Anyway, I'm off this thread cos I don't believe there's any serious beef between the two governors and even if there is, the better for Lagos' progress. Competition for whose tenure is better.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by bombsquad(m): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2009
nex:

@bombsquad

Banire may not 'smoke alcohol' but he smokes weed and whatever else he can lay his hands on.

Anyway, I'm off this thread cos I don't believe there's any serious beef between the[b] two governors[/b] and even if there is, the better for Lagos' progress. Competition for whose tenure is better.

Dont come on this site and rubbish our leaders.lagosians will not accept it.Because a person speaks with a deep voice doesnt make the person a druggy.If you dont have proof or any other reasonable statements to suffice your claims then you really should retract your statements if ure a true patriot.

And there is only one 'governor' and the other is an ex-governor.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2009
bombsquad:

FASHOLA AND BANIRE ARE BROTHERS WITH A VERY CLOSE RELATIONSHIP.WHATEVER DECISION ARRIVED BY THE PARTY WILL BE UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED CORDIALLY BY ALL.FASHOLA IS NOT EVEN POWER HUNGRY.JAKANDE WAS THERE FOR FOUR YEARS +AND ACHIEVED A LOT.   [s]YOU DONT REALLY NEED TWO TERMS TO BE REMEMBERED.[/s]
Every other thing you said makes sense except the ones in red. He needs 2 terms & should get 2 terms,pls. . . . . . Asiwaju should not play with people o !

You can't be changing governors like a pack of cards. Banire should wait for 2015,by then he'll have learnt how to smoke,drink & enjoy life  cool cool. . . Lagos is headquarters of enjoyment ,how can we have a boring governor? undecided

So Banire for Gov- 2015 !!!  wink wink cheesy cheesy

Thank you.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2009
Only him get deep voice, only him get strong eyes, only him dey suffer from regular fevers. Stay there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Killed In Maiduguri After Emergency Rule Was Lifted / Hyundai Paid N30M Kidnap Ransom, Police Say / Ifeanyi Uba Is Labour Party's Anambra Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.