Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,454 members, 7,968,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:59 PM

Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! (7167 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by fyneguy: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
I just spoke with one of Tinubu's aides. the guy laughed off the allegation, saying Fashola and Tinubu met about a week ago to fashion out the approach towards the Local council issue.

He said Tinubu's relationship with Fashola transcended political lines. They are like brothers.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2009
fyneguy:

I just spoke with one of Tinubu's aides. the guy laughed off the allegation, saying Fashola and Tinubu met about a week ago to fashion out the approach towards the Local council issue.

He said Tinubu's relationship with Fashola transcended political lines. They are like brothers.
ok then. . . .this is about the most authentic response,I certainly hope its true.
Thanks man wink
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by poj(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2009
I share the belief that any rumour that makes the rounds might have an element of truth. If the loggerhead is really true I think they better expedite action in resolving it. The duo actually represents an important factor in Lagos and the southwest politics.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by 3kay945(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2009
if if uhm, i mean if that is true or Mr tinubu just ordinary contemplate it, then, it confirm the saying that dis COUNTRY is CURSED!,
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by wirinet(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2009
It is not a rumour, the rift had started not so long after Fashola was sworn in, Tinubu wanted to still be the defacto Governor, making all the appointments and making all important decisions. The rift had not blown over because Fashola knows Tinubu controls, the party and the House of Assembly,and so had to learn to accommodate Tinubu. Tinubu even appointed most of the commissioners and Local government chairmen.

You can remember at one time Tinubu was policing Fashola wherever he goes. If all important event, tinubu always sat next to Fashola. He seems to have reduced his policing for now.

Wait a few months more when politiking starts for 2011, we well then know the truth. Because i suspect Tinubu will attempt to change Fashola for a more loyal godson.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by topea(m): 11:09am On Aug 12, 2009
This is strictly a personal opinion. I think 2011 in Lagos is more of a personality elction than a party election. I suppose Lagosians already know the difference between light and darkness.

I believe if Fashola stands even as an independent candidate, he will win Lagos. His accomplishments will speak for him.

Tell omo Iyaloja not to make the same mistake IBB made. You want to ask me the mistake IBB made? Not handing over to MKO Abiola. IBB would have been a better hero today if he had handed over to MKO, even though I had a feeling that MKO might not have lasted, maybe assasinated or overthrown, but IBB's name would have been written in Diamond. So if ojuyobo makes the same mistake to tackle Fashola, he is heading for waterloo or watergate as it may befit the situation.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by sherrif222: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2009
In every gossip there is an atom of truth and the stories are always doubtful,but whatever happens Fashola has made a mark in Lagos and have also made it clear to lagosians(Nigeria)generally that only a determined and good leader can change things and it is still obtainable in Nigeria not in foriegn land.if he can do it as a governor then someone else can do it as a President. if fashola stops being the governor of Lagos state 2day he will forever remembered for his great deeds not for looting or stealing.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by topea(m): 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
Good Talk
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by RichDiddy(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2009
Whether or not the story is true, I encourage Fashola to continue his good work. Even if Tinubu doesn't allow him to do a 2nd Term, he (BRF) would have left a legacy in Lagos State that becomes a yardstick for future governors of the state as well as governors of other states in Nigeria. BRF promised to make Lagos a model state in Nigeria. Lets aid him in achieving that by being responsible citizens and in our prayers. EKO O NI BAJE!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2009
Rich Diddy:

Whether or not the story is true, I encourage Fashola to continue his good work. Even if Tinubu doesn't allow him to do a 2nd Term, he (BRF) would have left a legacy in Lagos State that becomes a yardstick for future governors of the state as well as governors of other states in Nigeria. BRF promised to make Lagos a model state in Nigeria. Lets aid him in achieving that by being responsible citizens and in our prayers. EKO O NI BAJE!
True talk . . .  .and at least the guy has his SAN and can't go hungry again  wink.

But he MUST go for a second term. . . if Lucky (igbinedon) wey fail 1st term ,get to repeat 2nd term,how perfoming Gov no go get 2nd term? undecided

make Tinubu no try us o ! angry shocked

FASHOLA FOR 2011    wink

BANIRE FOR 2015 after he has learnt how to enjoy life :smoking,drinking,womanising etc. . . .we don't want Imam in Alausa. . . .   grin
EKO O NI BAJE O  cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
smiley
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by naijatoday: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Tinubu denies alleged bickering with Fashola

The immediate past Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Bola Tinubu, yesterday broke his silence on the rumour making the rounds that there is bickering between him and his successor, Governor Babatunde Fashola over disagreement on matter of principles.

Unconfirmed reports had been circulated in the national dailies and among members of the public that there exists frosty relationship between Tinibu and Fashola with the two spoiling for a showdown.

Tinubu, while addressing newsmen at the Lagos State House, Alausa, Ikeja on a stop-over visit to Governor Fashola, described the rumour as a liar and a fabrication coming from People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

On his relationship with Fashola, Tinubu said: “It is a lie and a fabrication coming from PDP, the enemy of progress of the country. This governor has been on a flying start and doing a marvelous job, unequal in the country and you have seen the transformation, radical development of Lagos State that is being effective and highly progressive.

“I am a politician and you have a serious and technocrat governor, there is no doubt they would want that, no doubt there won’t be distortion, there is no doubt there won’t be debate we have developed that relationship over the years in the cabinet.

“Our relationship created a robust cabinet ever since 1999 as a progressive government. That camaraderie, that sense of brotherhood will be a threat to our party opponents. What they cannot achieve through the front door, they want to achieve it through the back door.

“If they don’t spread that rumour and allegations, they don’t earn their daily bread. If the names of Fashola and Bola Tinubu will provide food for some people, yes, they are free to use it but they have to respect and be honest with some level of integrity.

“I say woe to the parties which are looking for this, because they are like the people waiting for a crab to blink, they would stay a long vigil by the bank of the river,” he said.

“Our relationship is an indivisible to work for the interest of Lagos. Nine years ago I was here and worked for the state and this time there is sense of continuity. We are building a model for the rest of the country, a great model on how political relationship and governance should have relevance to the majority of the people.”

Tinubu affirmed that there is no way to have a stable polity at 100 percent all the time even as he cited President Barrack Obama of the United States of America whose administration is not getting 100 percent on health, education among others.

Tinubu continued: “So it will happen, we will have to debate issues but not to the point of breaking our jaws we don’t owe an explanation as to what we (Fashola/Tinubu) share, I won’t answer that question. It is all beer parlours, pepper soup joints story, forget it.

“I want you to tell Lagosians to be sure that this unity is unbreakable, this common conviction, common focus for the good benefit of Lagos State and democratic Nigeria is unshakeable and indivisible, anytime you hear such stories throw it to the garbage.”

Tinubu, however, described Mrs Hillary Clinton visit as very good for Nigeria about our political and economic reforms as well as corruption, injustices and particularly electoral corruption and institutional development.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/13/tinubu-denies-alleged-bickering-with-fashola/
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2009
If Tinubu is served fish in his soup instead of "Ponmo", he will say It's PDP.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
ok o !
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by abdkabir(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
Ladies and Gent,

It's is utterly Ignorant to even Insinuate that Asiwaju would like to have Fashola Removed, I tell you from a position Confidance that the works in Lagos State as administered by His excellency BRF , is the focal and selling point the Progressive Platform (Asiwaju and Co) intend to use to eventually liberate the SW from the Yoke Modern Day Evil Conservatives has placed on the ppl of this Country,

They understand more than anyone that in a country where it's almost impossible to successfully conduct a fair elections, that last hope is that the ppl see the difference btw them, the progressives (through BRFs work) and the useless PDP idiots
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by stillme(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
fash is my hero,i'll vote 4 him over and over again
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ayettymama(f): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2010
what makes me laugh is that even the Godfathers were no good??

i dont get it?

do people just like suffering?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nyako Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel / See How This Sokoto APC Senator Who Just Decamped To PDP Was Recieved In Sokoto / Pictures Of Obasekis Beautiful Works In Edo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.